Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Please name one of your chickens: Please stop teasing me about my ridiculous name. I am well aware of how obnoxious meta humor can be but am in no position to change it. Please, I beg of you, be considerate of my feelings. Also be aware that any opinions expressed in this name are not reflective of my own personal beliefs nor those of my owner, who was foolish enough to let the internet name their pets. I do not have personal beliefs. I am a chicken. Thank you, and never forget that Jefferey Epstein didn't kill himself.

(not a serious suggestion in case you haven't guessed)

E: lmao I am the godking of the terrible page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Please name a chicken Character Limit

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

CJacobs posted:

Please name a chicken Character Limit

Surely that should be Character Limi.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Tricky Ed posted:

:pray:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tricky Ed posted:

:thurman:

100% please change the suggestion to this

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
#29 has just been hatched with lots of help and some great work of their own!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

hoping for Space Cop to finally be picked this year

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

#29 has hatched with a bit of assistance. I ended up having to pop her out. Just too tired to kick out herself, I guess. A tiny bit of a bloody navel, which I put some Kwik Stop on. She looks fine otherwise and we'll pick a name in a bit.

No new pips on any of the other eggs right now, but we always leave the eggs in for 3 days past hatch day (which is today) to catch any stragglers. And yes, I am certain there are term chicks in there.

So we now have 5 chicks! If that's all we get, I may try and move in a broody mom.

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 17, 2022

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
#29's not too thrilled about this whole "being hatched" thing and is determined to make sure everyone knows it.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Big Crow

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I thought this was the GarfieldEATS thread for a second because my brain has been poisoned.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Feed went down for me. Are we done for the night?

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

It’s back up!

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

#29 has a name.
Big. Blond. Often covered in blood.

#29 is named: Brock Samson by Beefed Owl

How To Sleep, by Brock Sampson :classiclol:

How To Sleep, Part 2, by Brock Sampson

Seriously, Beefed Owl, we need to talk about YOUR chicken.

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Apr 17, 2022

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Velvet Sparrow posted:

#29 has a name.
Big. Blond. Often covered in blood.

#29 is named: Brock Samson by Beefed Owl

Hell yeah!

"C'mon Brock, you need strong cardiovascular
agility training!"

Brock: "No!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L1-JqZWs-w

Beefed Owl fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 17, 2022

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Suggesting Berdly

These threads are a joy although I don't think I've posted in one before. Thanks for making these!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
29 is doing what we call in this house "puppy go bonkers" and is giving arson a run for her money lol

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hempuli posted:

Suggesting Berdly

These threads are a joy although I don't think I've posted in one before. Thanks for making these!

We can only name the most obnoxious yet sort of loveable chick Berdly tho

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Glad she made it :kimchi:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
:kimchi:

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

So I picked up each and every egg, felt them and looked--no pips. Couldn't tell about possible peeping because Brock was peeping.

This hatch may be done, but we'll leave everything as-is for another couple of days, just in case.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

So who's the lucky hen?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Velvet Sparrow posted:

So I picked up each and every egg, felt them and looked--no pips. Couldn't tell about possible peeping because Brock was peeping.

This hatch may be done, but we'll leave everything as-is for another couple of days, just in case.

We tuned in just as you did this and were excited to see you interacting with the eggs. Tell Brock hello for us.

We also heard you "cheep cheep"-ing and it was a fun end to our day.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Good work #23!!!

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

I bloody love Chickcam.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Watching all the frantic scrabbling and peeping after they hatch, I feel like this is how they initially feel:

https://twitter.com/dino_comics/status/1510695720445222912

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Don't lose hope, VS!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I swear I saw 10 twitch a couple days ago as well.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I'm pretty sure I've seen 10 move too, but it's hard to pinpoint with chickzilla stomping around in there with her big ol' legs!

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Any name updates?

Also YOU CAN DO IT #8

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

^^^All of the names are posted in the OP, as well as when pipped and hatched.

Brock is going to spend a few more hours in the incubator, I want her stronger and more sure on her feet before I move her into the brooder. I'll get some pictures of the other chicks and post them.

Hoping for more chicks... and THANK YOU to everyone on Chickam who helps us out by watching over the eggs and chicks, you are all Honorary Broody Hens. Feel free to chase and growl at whoever is in your immediate vicinity, maybe bite them just a little. You guys are really great and are my eyes & ears when I crash out and just have to sleep.

EDIT--#8 has pipped and is a LOUD chick. It's Slick Charlie's egg. Slick Charlie is a partridge Rock hen we got from the feed store last year, and LOVED by the boys.

Slick Charlie 2021:

And Slick Charlie fanart from 2021 by Sharpest Crayon:

As you can see, the artist captured her perfectly!

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 19, 2022

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Hoping for more chicks... and THANK YOU to everyone on Chickam who helps us out by watching over the eggs and chicks, you are all Honorary Broody Hens. Feel free to chase and growl at whoever is in your immediate vicinity, maybe bite them just a little. You guys are really great and are my eyes & ears when I crash out and just have to sleep.

Finally...... My life's goal, achieved..........

(Seriously though, thanks for doing all of this!)

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zoesdare posted:

Any name updates?

Also YOU CAN DO IT #8

8 pipped!

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Bonus pics of chicks in the brooder!

Left to right, back row first--Chris and FLICKER. In front, yelling, is Become Ungovernable

Become Ungovernable on the left. FLICKER and Chris on the right in front, FLICKER has the dark brown backstripe bordered with white, Chris is the chick that looks JUST like her except no white stripe border. Arson is the bigger chick on the right with the light gray chest.

VVV Fluffy chick butts are the best, and nobody does fluffy chick butts like Cochins and Brahmas.

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 18, 2022

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeaaaaaahhhh!!! This is what I'm here for! Look at those adorable rotund-rear fluffballs!

edit: I may have gone a bit overboard here. I'd like to walk this back and apologize to chicks like Arson, who are to be feared and respected.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

So floofy. :freakout:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

please name one of them Big Fudge

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I love these babies

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Brock has been removed to the brooder box with the other chicks and is doing fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Suggesting Ho-oh for a name.