Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Big Beef City: TikTok Workout Star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
so op... doesn't work from home?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Big Beef City: TikTok Workout Star

Seethin' to the Oldies

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I found out that i'll be able to start going back to my office in June, and I'm looking forward to it! Can't wait to actually spend some in-person time working with my extremely cool co-workers!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

boar guy posted:

Seethin' to the Oldies

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

How are u posted:

I found out that i'll be able to start going back to my office in June, and I'm looking forward to it! Can't wait to actually spend some in-person time working with my extremely cool co-workers!

chill peiper. your noncoms can handle the executions i think

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

to be fair tho, most employees are also being revealed to be obsolete (not as immediately obsolete as a manager, but i digress), especially with the admission by most that they only put in 1-2 hours of productive work and the rest is theatre to appease their liege. ask me about my opinions on automation and why UBI is needed imminently

I can agree we should automate all the jobs but I'm not sure we shouldn't just let people die in a ditch. How about instead we use this influx of available labor towards blood sports. I wanna see Hunger Games, Squid Games, Battle Royal, Running Man etc. become reality. It's not the same when you it isn't someone real that is struggling for their life in a cruel capitalist hellscape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntz0_besT04

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

Imagine having the gall to pull this when Jim from receiving was perfectly willing to construct you a macrame web sling hung from the ceiling that you could be suspended in that one of us would even let you out of probably once a shift to relieve yourself or whatever

You joke but working from a hammock would loving rule. My hips hate office chairs. Nothing helps the fingat bones except for the probably placebo effect cbd lotions. Also many tylenol

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

KitConstantine posted:

You joke but working from a hammock would loving rule. My hips hate office chairs. Nothing helps the fingat bones except for the probably placebo effect cbd lotions. Also many tylenol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZjr3PpgeF0

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Locking myself into my gyroscopic postingstation for a long day of emails

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Big Beef City posted:

I twerk at home.

The benefits speak for themselves.

I'm sure your coworkers appreciate not having to see you every day.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

KitConstantine posted:

Locking myself into my gyroscopic postingstation for a long day of emails

Lol I love the comments and thumbs up on that are all positive.

WALL-E wasn't supposed to be an instruction manual guys.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

The Butcher posted:

Lol I love the comments and thumbs up on that are all positive.

WALL-E wasn't supposed to be an instruction manual guys.

i actually think it is meant for the disabled, not as much the lazy

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Been working from home for two years and now and I would be fine never going back to an office for the rest of my life.

Work-life balance is still the same. When I’m offline no one tends to bother me unless there’s a big issue.

Love never commuting.

One down side is whenever I poop at work while I’m home it doesn’t have the same “gently caress you” impact as pooping at the office does.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

boar guy posted:

i actually think it is meant for the disabled, not as much the lazy

I for one welcome the lazy to purchase such things since it'll hopefully make them easier for disabled people to access!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

One down side is whenever I poop at work while I’m home it doesn’t have the same “gently caress you” impact as pooping at the office does.

I can’t poop at work because there are no bidets. One could say I feel entitled to a bidet :smug:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

hanging on the couch with the dogs and cat all day clocked in is dope son.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

jacking off on the clock > pooping on the clock

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I also had to go in to the office today for the first time in a long time to test if that fixed my VPN issues (it didn't). But at least I finally got my new mousepad to my desk.

I don't really feel whatever other people are feeling when they complain about work-life balance. I work and life staring at the same screen, no problem. 17:00 rolls around and I minimize Visual Studio and maximize YouTube. For me, at least, it's really nice. If I feel like I want to work longer, I can have dinner, take a shower, and get back to it at any time. I'm about as productive in the office as at home, but at home, it's a lot easier to replace lunch with an hour (attempt at) sleep if I'm too tired to focus. I also like being able to sleep in more. Especially because most of my friends are in another timezone.

I don’t mind the office, but it's a lot of walking to get to mine. I might feel different if I had a car or at least a scooter or something.
My friends all tried convincing me to live in the neighboring state with them and commute like 1.5+ hours one way, and I am extremely glad I did not do that. I don't know how my two coworker friends do it.
Starting next week, I have to come in once a week, and it feels like a hassle.

WFH makes it harder to have failed office romances, sure, but I seem to be making friends at work no problem. We still have meetings, and I also have reasons to talk to them outside of those as well. I guess it depends on your job (and your ability to derail meetings with dumb attempts at comedy.)

At the very least, WFH is good for the environment.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 27, 2022

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I work two jobs from home and will never go back to an office unless I land something at officesex.butts which i haven't even founded yet so good luck with that

my life still sucks but it is better than other people's lives seem more interesting cuz they ain't mine

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

I'm hoping the trick is to treat my 2 days in the office just like I do on my worst days at home, and basically live like a god drat pig all day so eventually they stop asking me to come in.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Biohazard posted:

I'm hoping the trick is to treat my 2 days in the office just like I do on my worst days at home, and basically live like a god drat pig all day so eventually they stop asking me to come in.

hella gas

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I will be traveling four different locations by train during London rush hours this week

Two of them were necessary, it's million times easy to do those in person(new clients). One of them treated me with freshly cooked pasta at the nearby restaurant. They offered remote working once we gained some ground.

Two of them were 100% "we're paying that consultant lots (for a non IT job) of money so BY GOD we will be having him here for something that can be done remotely". One of them literally thinks remote working makes people lazy

Guess which ones also have nothing but contempt for me and my work and actively go on rants about how they only had their wits (and six million pounds) when they formed the company and don't need nothing else

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just send off all the computer touchers for a hard day of work at the BJ factory with no kneepads imo

Busted Pisser
Dec 6, 2020

Never skip kegels day

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just send off all the computer touchers for a hard day of work at the BJ factory with no kneepads imo

You jest, but I almost lost my job at the dick-sucking factory mid-2020 until I brought up teledildonics at our monthly team meeting. The company invested and now clients have a unit at home that sucks them, but I control it remotely with a device full of sensors that I suck like a flesh and blood cock. All for $9.99/mo.

I've seen the future and it is good.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

an overlooked benefit of WFH is that it extends the lifespan of your car. I mean, if your commute was 30 miles a day and this is eliminated, like mine was, that's kind of a big deal

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

One of the other b enefits of wfh is you can just piss and poo poo wherever you want and nobody will yell at you.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Buce posted:

One of the other b enefits of wfh is you can just piss and poo poo wherever you want and nobody will yell at you.

I already do that at the office.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I'd lose it if I had to work in a office with people

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I will quit my job the moment they make me go back into the office

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

work sucks lol

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

I will quit my job the moment they make me go back into the office

you entitled piece of poo poo!!!!!

naem
May 29, 2011

I have six hours of zoom calls tomorrow doing it at home

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

no one knows i spent thousands of dollars on rare and exotic colognes over zoom unless i strategically place the decanters (or atomizers or bottles lmao u pleb) strategically around my "home office"

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

kntfkr posted:

hella gas

Remember that one guy that posted in e/n about how his farts were causing his coworkers to complain and he was like lactose intolerant or something but refused to stop eating cheese? And his fridge was like just full of cheese. That guy is our hero. You can get the okay to work from home by causing your coworkers to be so repulsed by you that they won't let you come to the office anymore. Life hax

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
If it weren’t for the commute I wouldn’t mind working in the office so much.

chiefstormcloud
Apr 28, 2022

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

i like working from home because i can masturbate freely and play video games during the times im obligated to socialize with my goblinesque coworkers. every other reason to commute seems like window dressing to me and you can emptyquote me if youre brave enough to agree

yeah, what he said!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the thing i miss most about commuting is sitting in traffic, mad, listening to terry gross interview a person who wrote a book about something

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

I have a less than 10 minute commute on a not too busy state highway. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I actually do have to kinda commute in that I have to drive to my megacorp's daycare to drop the kids off but then i drive back home to start working