Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Giant robutts

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Get in the mecha, or not? The worrying future implications of personal giant robotic vehicles

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

windmill gundam

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

No gundam control. Mah rights.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I want to live inside a gundam’s rear end in a top hat.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzHlEWeXXrg

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Gundam was the anime that played after midnight on cartoon network when I was a kid so I felt like I was getting away with something when I watched it. I've never quite gotten into the giant robots thing. I tried playing Battletech a couple of times, my flatmate is big into Warhammer 40k Knights but I'm just not hugely interested in exploring the giant robot space myself. I did like Zoids as a kid though, I might go and rewatch Zoids at some point.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Gundams and all mecha are cool

BUT THEY ARE NOT GIANT ROBOTS

they require a human operator to be present in a cockpit. It's like saying a car is a giant robot.

Battletech is superior to all the mecha anime it ripped off btw GLORY TO HOUSE STEINER

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

This is true. It is important to distinguish between mechs, which are machines controlled by a pilot, and robots, which act autonomously.

Pictured: snek mech

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

they require a human operator to be present in a cockpit. It's like saying a car is a giant robot.

Battletech is superior to all the mecha anime it ripped off btw GLORY TO HOUSE STEINER

Giant robutts

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

Giant robutts

You posted this TWICE without any attaching any robot, butt, or robotic butt.

smdh head over here...

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

idk what they do but the haro guys are cute

are they the butt?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Meme Poker Party posted:

You posted this TWICE without any attaching any robot, butt, or robotic butt.

smdh head over here...

You're right I should post a robutt

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Iron Blooded Orphans was decent but the "romance" at the end was weird as gently caress. Please put a baby in me says the teenage girl to the combat lust autistic pilot

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Iron Blooded Orphans was decent but the "romance" at the end was weird as gently caress. Please put a baby in me says the teenage girl to the combat lust autistic pilot

Pretty sure it's the law in Japan that if you create a mecha story the pilots must be teenagers and they must get horny. This is why some people prefer robutts such as

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
maybe robots need to gently caress, it's PG if it's robots

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Would you have to blur a gundams penis?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i just built a new gaming rig and have been playing battletech on it the last couple days I know it is not a new game but it is the first time ive been able to play it because my old laptop couldnt handle it

anyways it is a game about big robots and thebig robots have big guns and they shoot at each other and you gotta blow up all the other big robots and not let them blow up your big robots it is pretty neat

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Zil posted:

They look like amtrack engines so no

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
This is no Zaku Meme Poker Party! NO ZAKU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gologle posted:

This is no Zaku Meme Poker Party! NO ZAKU

I found this vintage official Zaku art just for you!

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Zil posted:

Zone of the Enders suggests "no"

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

A lot of ex-heroin addicts I've met collect the gundam gunpla stuff b/c they didn't know what else to do with spare money

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
id probably rather just do more heroin :shrug:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

we've been playing hella battletech here. i made a whole bunch of hex terrain and it's pretty cool. 3d printer is working overimte

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

yep no question

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Big fan of hydraulic-powered asses. The kind that really back that rear end up, smashing a pelvis to powder.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I think Gundams are in the same realm as DBZ and Pokémon in being acceptable anime you can discuss politely around the dinner table with your family and not be a massive nerd.

So, points for that.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Brutal Garcon posted:

Zone of the Enders suggests "no"

lol

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Why is it called Gunpla and how do you even pronounce that?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Maybe it's Gundam plastic

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
🦗🦗

hope the next topic is stronger than gundam, jaysus christ

there is (was?) a cool gundam arcade game in japantown. it was all in japanese but you could play as any gundam from any series and it was a big arena battler

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
my favorite gundam wing pilot when I was a kid was Quatre

now I'm GAY

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

anime robots... cool.

nice attempt to end the thread!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Anigay

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Toonami used to play censored episodes of one of the gundam shows and then adult swim would play it uncensored later that night, so if you were lucky you could watch the same episode twice and the second time they'd say the word "drat"

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I had a buncha Gundam action figures when I was like 12 because I thought they were cool. I was also given a giant Gundam statue of somesort that was also shown in the Linkin Park video Somewhere I Belong and that made me feel cool as a 12 year old.

Just overall being a not cool 12 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i'm going to a wedding of a relative who was into gundam