Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Heat have dropped off their list and expect to get no one because someone probably blew their whole budget on like, Joe Harris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Also, I may do a "next closest bid" update on every won bid just for shits and giggles and chaos to make people second guess if they're bidding too low, high, give a lil pain if they were close. :11tea:

Yeah this is a good idea

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
i keep remembering how fun this poo poo always is and im glad it's back, thanks deadbeat
im gonna embarrass myself at every opportunity and im here for it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm so happy to get a new christmas every night for the next three weeks when we get to see the bids

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Bids will be "won" at 8 p.m. EST and still waiting on about 3 bid sheets (I may leave it open until 7:30) - Deimos, Dejan and Paul Zuvella. Hope Deimos is able to get some reception out there!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Bids are now being processed and calculated. Only Dejan didn't send a list (but that's customary on d1) but multiple missed days may warrant replacement. Anyway, look forward to 8:00 for the start of BYOGM 7, thanks all for joining it and the nice words some of you wrote in PM for running it, it's always a fun time so it's no big deal!!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm so curious to see what Giannis went for. Someone must have gone 600+ right??

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Giannis sucks in this because every time I get him he costs 60% of my cap at least and none of the sims know how smart it is to pick up a 7'2 super freak

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

i keep remembering how fun this poo poo always is and im glad it's back, thanks deadbeat
im gonna embarrass myself at every opportunity and im here for it

Yeah same. I genuinely missed it the last couple years and considered trying to do it myself but I’m a disorganized idiot

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Bids will be "won" at 8 p.m. EST and still waiting on about 3 bid sheets (I may leave it open until 7:30) - Deimos, Dejan and Paul Zuvella. Hope Deimos is able to get some reception out there!

I got home at 630 so I had just enough time

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

I'm so curious to see what Giannis went for. Someone must have gone 600+ right??

Wait were we not supposed to do that

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I underbid terribly on Giannis and Gobert because I looked at the bids from the first days of prior drafts and then failed to account for having $1000 instead of $300.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

It’s possible I overbid on Giannis but worst case scenario I have the best player in the league on my team which is not the worst thing in the world

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Welcome to BYOGM v.7, we've got some decade old veterans, some newbies, but as the world turns, goons will spend away.

For the next hour or so bids will be announced and won. Please keep track of how much money you guys have left. If there are any mistakes (I'm bound to mess up a win or two) - PM me and I can fix it immediately.

With that being said, I will be announcing the unbidded on players first. These players cannot be picked up until the last few days of the bids which will be a first come, first serve sort of thing. I will announce when it's possible.

Let us begin.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hell yeah

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

habeasdorkus posted:

I underbid terribly on Giannis and Gobert because I looked at the bids from the first days of prior drafts and then failed to account for having $1000 instead of $300.

I'm pretty sure I underbid terribly on everyone I bid on as well but did it full well knowing we have $1000

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Jacked AND Juiced

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Praying that someone bid on my precious lovely son Marko

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Lamar Stevens (SG/SF) has gone unbidded on and will be able to be claimed during the last few days of bidding (it will be announced publicly closer to the date).

(A little surprised about him!)

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

xbilkis posted:

My sweet boy mario won’t even be in the draft this year :(

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Trevor Keels (G) has gone unbidded on and will be able to be claimed during the last few days of bidding (it will be announced publicly closer to the date).

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Man. Given that I bid exactly two dollars on someone, I'm feeling like there's value that went completely overlooked.

But did they go overlooked because of Giannis, or because of other reasons? :tinfoil:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

The Los Angeles Minneapolis Lakers (IcePhoenix) have signed Xavier Moon (SG) for $6.

(The next closest bid was $1.)

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The Los Angeles Minneapolis Lakers (IcePhoenix) have signed Xavier Moon (SG) for $6.

(The next closest bid was $1.)

who?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I currently have the best team in the league we can shut it down

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

600% overpaid!

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
three-time CEBL Player of the Year

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

The San Antonio Spurs (Giggs) have signed Marko Simonovic for $25.

(The next closest bid was $3.)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Worst contract in the league

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

xbilkis posted:

No that's too much

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lol

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The San Antonio Spurs (Giggs) have signed Marko Simonovic for $25.

(The next closest bid was $3.)

Amazing.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Extremely happy that we've got "next closest bid." being reported.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If these are being presented in order of contract size I think I’m in trouble

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Marko was second-team all Summer League so the joke might be on all of us who undervalued him. Please ignore that this was the third Summer League since he got drafted

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

for a somewhat serious answer he's a guy that can shoot threes and maybe play defense too that's been bouncing around the gleague for like five years but got some play with the clippers last year on a two way and did well enough to get an actual contract this season

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

The Milwaukee Bucks (The Ninth Layer) have signed Brandon Williams for $3.

(The next closest bid was $0.)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I was betting on a lot of Blazers games and almost went for Brandon. He’s good for a few assists.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Very excited for someone to spend 50 bucks on Javale McGee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

The Dallas Mavericks (Drunk Canuck) have signed Eric Paschall for $10.

(The next closest bid was $5.)