Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i sometimes vote if i misclick on my phone screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

SquareEnix should start paying me a recruitment bonus

It's an NFT

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was referring to the poll. There’s a poll this month

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I was referring to the poll. There’s a poll this month

I realized after the fact that you probably meant the poll. I don't care for any of the games on the poll.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can't see polls on the app

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
pokemon go to the polls

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I said come in! posted:

I realized after the fact that you probably meant the poll. I don't care for any of the games on the poll.

i've never heard of any of those games

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I think I saw some advertisements for Rollerdome on Twitter. I don't think I've heard of any of the other games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What are the games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Way of the Bunter would be more interesting imo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

What are the games

Vote!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

pokemon go to the polls

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't recognise polls that don't include Bowsette

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

I don't recognise polls that don't include Bowsette

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Playing Spiritfarer and I was not prepared for Stanley, my little mushroom boy.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I voted for Rollerdrome because it's the only one getting released on PS4 and therefore is the only one I actually can look forward to by default.

Tau Wedel
Aug 3, 2007

I'm fine. Everything's fine. There is no reason to worry.

Mode 7 posted:

Hey, you, yes you - the lurker reading this thread who doesn't post.
Come chat with us. It's fun.

ok sure, here's a post: I played Paradise Killer recently and it was very good, would recommend to anyone who likes murder mysteries.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

Brayflox's Longstop definitely feels like an egregious bit of padding

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tau Wedel posted:

ok sure, here's a post: I played Paradise Killer recently and it was very good, would recommend to anyone who likes murder mysteries.

Well u hosed up, you just praised a game I didn’t like very much

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

You left out the comma after I :twisted:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

rollerdrome looks cool and is by the olliolli developer

blossom tales 2 is basically zelda

don't care about the other two

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

I started playing No Man’s Sky yesterday. Three hours in, got off the first planet and up into the solar system. V fun. I can absolutely imagine how boring the game would have been after about five to ten hours when it first came out - looking forward to the different systems and content I get to play.

Super chill.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

madmatt112 posted:

I started playing No Man’s Sky yesterday. Three hours in, got off the first planet and up into the solar system. V fun. I can absolutely imagine how boring the game would have been after about five to ten hours when it first came out - looking forward to the different systems and content I get to play.

Super chill.

there's so much fuckin content in NMS now, it's kinda silly

i gotta grind up a bunch of gold in Sea of Thieves this week though so i can have some money left over after buying my ship on thursday

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I've been playing the DS versions of the Dragon Quest games before bed and I am now at DQ6. The balance in this one seems way off compared to 4 and 5. I'm still really early and there's already been massive dungeons and I'm currently stuck on this two stage boss who is in a dungeon you can't escape from. DQ games are usually excruciatingly slow to ramp up the complexity, but this one is different it seems.

I could finish up Three Houses on my Switch, but I find it too uncomfortable to hold in portable mode, so for now I'll stick to Dragon Quest.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

You left out the comma after I :twisted:

No someone else left out the comma

Cause I stole it :cawg:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Rarity posted:

FF14:

Brayflox's Longstop definitely feels like an egregious bit of padding

It is but things start picking up again after Titan

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

The 7th Guest posted:

rollerdrome looks cool and is by the olliolli developer

blossom tales 2 is basically zelda

don't care about the other two

first Blossom Tales was alright so I'm hoping there's some iterative improvement on it

I'm fine with the scale staying a little smaller like the first

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

fridge corn posted:

Yeah I stopped playing like 2 years ago right after the Shadowbringers main credits. Didnt want to start the 5.x stuff until the new expansion came out but I havent had time to devote to it properly since

I got to 5.3 during covid and it was a huuuuge amount of my free time

Stopped playing until endwalkers was several months in and you could actually log in but like, immediately got to the end, loved it, and unsubbed

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FF14's gameplay's ok but the writing and world just isn't interesting enough to keep me around in it

The music was pretty whatever too

Anyway I'm replaying Metroid Prime now and lol at how the triggers apparently worked on the Gamecube

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

FF14's gameplay's ok but the writing and world just isn't interesting enough to keep me around in it

The music was pretty whatever too

Anyway I'm replaying Metroid Prime now and lol at how the triggers apparently worked on the Gamecube

Did you get past ARR because once you do the writing, world, characters and acting all get ridiculously better very quickly

The music is insanely good from the beginning tho (and continues to be good every expansion)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
absolutely insane to say ffxiv has bad music imo

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

cheetah7071 posted:

absolutely insane to say ffxiv has bad music imo

I think bits of the incidental scene music carried over ARR or even 1.0 are somewhat whatever but whatever Soken (and Uematsu but everyone already knows hes a GOAT) makes is god tier

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Did not realize Tribes of Midgard wasn’t out for Xbox since it’s on Windows…

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I can forgive that opinion as long as it's like, referring to the 29 first levels.

If you think Titan's theme is bad then BOW DOWN OVERDWELLER UNDER THE WEIGHT

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

I voted for Rollerdrome only on the idea that it's a spiritual successor to Videodrome.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Allow me to reiterate, my #1 problem with FF fourteen is that 90% of quest content, mandatory and optional both, has you travel between npcs. Where the only gameplay decision you're making is, Wheres the best spot to pop Sprint to maximize its uptime

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I went back and tried Titan (hard) and just ate absolute poo poo. Don't know why I struggled against him more than Garuda, but I did

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
why did metal slug 4 get rid of tarma and eri...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Did you get past ARR because once you do the writing, world, characters and acting all get ridiculously better very quickly

Probably not lol