Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Halloween monster is most likely to win a UFC championship?
This poll is closed.
A Dracula 15 34.88%
The Wolfman 18 41.86%
Mark Zuckerberg 7 16.28%
Conor McGregor 3 6.98%
Total: 43 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Count Roland posted:

Does he though? Whenever I've clicked a link and heard him speak I hear a Heel rather than an Analyst. I can never tell if he's serious, and the stuff he says has never been interesting enough to stand on its own.

When he's not being a troll, yeah he's got very good takes on game planning and what moves fighters should make to keep their careers on track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Speaking of fighters on commentary, we all watched Cage Warriors this afternoon and Paddy Pimblett did a good job. Wouldn't mind having him on a show again.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i just want Paddy to not make weight one time so he stops doing that whole "binge junk then cut for the fight" thing and hopefully his coronary system will thank him

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://twitter.com/MMAJunkie/status/1578479857805234177

mewse
May 2, 2006

BlindSite posted:

When he's not being a troll, yeah he's got very good takes on game planning and what moves fighters should make to keep their careers on track.

One of the top things that stuck with me with Chael was that he said every fighter gets asked after they win, who they want to fight next, and way too many of them say "whoever the UFC puts in front of me".. you can't do that if you want your career to take off, you have to have someone in mind and you have to call them out to start hyping yourself

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

mewse posted:

One of the top things that stuck with me with Chael was that he said every fighter gets asked after they win, who they want to fight next, and way too many of them say "whoever the UFC puts in front of me".. you can't do that if you want your career to take off, you have to have someone in mind and you have to call them out to start hyping yourself

Yep that and "you should always take the easiest fight for the most money."

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

CommonShore posted:

Yep that and "you should always take the easiest fight for the most money."

Also don't give a Nogueira a carrot, they might try to feed a bus.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Boco_T found out that a pretty cool kickboxing thing may be happening on Christmas Day

http://twitter.com/Beyond_Kick/status/1578380148381982725

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Is there a way to buy a don't be scared homie shirt?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CommonShore posted:

Don't forget that Mike Beltran is a cop and he has tattoos associated with a known corrupt organized crime cop gang within the LA Sheriff's department.
Rampart CRASH, or something more modern?

Either way it’s very funny we have our second MMA-adjacent case of someone so deficient in greens their own poop tried to kill them.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Shumagorath posted:

Rampart CRASH, or something more modern?

Either way it’s very funny we have our second MMA-adjacent case of someone so deficient in greens their own poop tried to kill them.

I think it was the bandidos

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Happy "I got my rear end kicked" day to fellow Americans

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

lets fukken go overeem

walkouts happening for reem/badr

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

oh my word ubereem is coming alive in r3

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
yea he finally did stuff!

Bit shocked he got the unan dec but that 3rd round was great from Reem. His stance and wadding forward was really weird to me eyes. And he didn't kick all that much

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Overeem looked so bad and then won anyway because kickboxing is the best.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

he looked so bad those first two rounds and one judge gave him r1 anyway lol

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Aye Doc posted:

he looked so bad those first two rounds and one judge gave him r1 anyway lol

I think it was round 2 where reem might have had an uncalled knockdown due to glove touching mat after big uppercut.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/MMArena_/status/1578862081755217922?s=20&t=LrRMFc5HLR5HAG0dXJquHQ

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Checked in on Venator FC 12 while waiting for the tall man to fight on boxing tonight

Here was a good finish from the show
https://twitter.com/UFCFightPass/status/1578854368903720961

Also if you have Fight Pass, Giacomo Santoro (6-1) vs. Kiru Singh Sahota (7-1) (125) was a great fight, flyweights rule

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ccubed posted:

I think it was round 2 where reem might have had an uncalled knockdown due to glove touching mat after big uppercut.

it was

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yeah that uppercut absolutely shut Hari's lights off if just for a split second. Holy poo poo those were some absolutely awful counts by the ref in the third. Both times he gave Hari an extra 5-8 seconds.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

The reem just having some fun

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Reem continues to wrack up solid kickboxing wins by falling apart slightly slower than everyone else.

kimbo305 posted:

Mike Beltran went to Harvard Law to become a B tier ref?

This is still probably the most moral use of a harvard law degree. They usually become war criminals or aspiring war criminals

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wouldn't being in a cop gang count as "aspiring to be a war criminal"?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Wait, the Bandidos are a cop gang and not non-white / Latino versions of the Hell’s Angels?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Shumagorath posted:

Wait, the Bandidos are a cop gang and not non-white / Latino versions of the Hell’s Angels?

Yeah, it's a cop gang out of the Los Angeles sheriff's department that's been doing bad poo poo for like thirty years. Beltran used to be LASD and has their tattoo.

MMA brings us to such wonderful places of cultural learning.

Also:
https://twitter.com/nobu_sakakibara/status/1579313046908211201

quote:

I'm back in Hawaii to meet Scott for final negotiations and adjustments before the end of the year!

At the end of this year, please look forward to the big surprise that will be released from the restrictions of terrestrial broadcasting! !
Scott Coker's totally going to blow millions of dollars on a Bellator/Rizin Dynamite special and it's going to draw exactly the same number of viewers. Also it's hilarious to me that the picture of Sakakibara and Coker together is apparently sensitive content.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Shumagorath posted:

They are, but that's a different organization.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CarlCX posted:

Also it's hilarious to me that the picture of Sakakibara and Coker together is apparently sensitive content.
Big Yak Energy

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

CarlCX posted:

Scott Coker's totally going to blow millions of dollars on a Bellator/Rizin Dynamite special and it's going to draw exactly the same number of viewers. Also it's hilarious to me that the picture of Sakakibara and Coker together is apparently sensitive content.

People have to be protected from the sheer amount of cocaine energy radiating from this picture.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shumagorath posted:

There's another gang within the LASD or LAPD that is basically the "whites only" gang too.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

quote:

Press reports indicate the LASD has had a problem with gangs since at least the 1970s and now has around eighteen gangs

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Very normal

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
If only those gangs would fight each other

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
finally something to look forward to
http://twitter.com/FullContactMTWF/status/1579779488937697280

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

let's fuckin go chael sonnen

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Aleksei Oleinik has been removed from the roster.

Goodnight king. We'll always have that time I saw you Ezekiel choke a guy that had you in full mount live. An entire arena confused as to what just happened.

Spark It 420
Oct 11, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Good afternoon

can anyone kindly point me towards the BJJ thread? I'm sure there used to be one but I can't find the fucker

Thanks & oss

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Spark It 420 posted:

Good afternoon

can anyone kindly point me towards the BJJ thread? I'm sure there used to be one but I can't find the fucker

Thanks & oss

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3386441&pagenumber=733&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spark It 420
Oct 11, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks lad