Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Quake
  • Shoot a rocket at your feet and jump at the same time for a rocket jump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Farming Simulator 2013

*Sell your canola early, it's a good way to get a cash boost

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Farming Simulator 2013

*Sell your canola early, it's a good way to get a cash boost

Leave the gun, sell the canola.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

canola, let the rhythm take you over canola

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

F-Zero GX:

*Each ship handles differently: find one you like.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Fungah! posted:

salt mine detected

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

*If you don't save often, this game will frustrate you one too many times and you'll end up putting it down.
*Depending on your luck (literally luck, not the "luck" stat), a lot of boss fights tend to be extremely easy or extremely hard.
*Save points are usually pretty close to where boss rooms are. Save often and prepare to run into a boss without saving for a long time once or twice. If this happens, I just suggest you hit up a walkthrough for the boss as to not lose a poo poo ton of progress. It's really annoying.

Lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

salt mine detected

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

*If you don't save often, this game will frustrate you one too many times and you'll end up putting it down.
*Depending on your luck (literally luck, not the "luck" stat), a lot of boss fights tend to be extremely easy or extremely hard.
*Save points are usually pretty close to where boss rooms are. Save often and prepare to run into a boss without saving for a long time once or twice. If this happens, I just suggest you hit up a walkthrough for the boss as to not lose a poo poo ton of progress. It's really annoying.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Joan posted:

Missable means you can't go back and get something, not that you might miss it the first time you pass it.

this. jesus christ.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

Tyranny

• Decide what kind of person your character is from the start and roleplay them, you'll enjoy the choices more rather than trying to min-max stuff.

• The first skill check in the game comes up 30 seconds in and is a 34 Athletics on medium difficulty.

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

quote:

Planescape: Torment

* Dying is not the end. If you die, don't reload - roll with it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

quote:

Quake III Arena

* In close combat, the shotgun can be your friend.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

People sleep on this one bro.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

People sleep on this one bro.

which loving one dude

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Bioshock Infinite

And finally, without spoiling anything, pay attention to what is said in the final hour of the game (or put on subtitles).

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Bioshock Infinite

And finally, without spoiling anything, pay attention to what is said in the final hour of the game (or put on subtitles).

i'll never

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Cover and ranged attacks are your friends. If you try engaging enemies directly they will most likely outgun you.

Also if you are easily scared(like me),be warned that the game does get a bit Doom-ish towards the end.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Bioshock Infinite

lol

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Giants: Citizen Kabuto
  • Do yourself a favor and play it on a sound system that has a subwoofer (if you can) and turn that bad boy all the way up. Those little fuckers that dig (I forget what they're called; I haven't played the game in ages) have a wonderful sound effect as they burrow toward you that sounds fan-loving-tastic with a woofer. It's kind of hard to explain, but you'll know what I'm talking about when it happens.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Final Fantasy XIII
  • Eidolons are all puzzle battles. Use libra on them twice to deduce whatever the game wants you to do.

----------------

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Red Faction: Guerilla
  • Play on the easiest difficulty level. The combat is solidly in the "chore" category and should be on easy so that it can be dealt with quickly and you can focus on the greatest building destruction simulator of all time. Really, once I got good at the game I only ever shot guys when I felt like it - the rest of the time I was hurling satchel charges like a madman, knocking down walls with a tank, and having about 2000 times more fun than I was when shooting guys.

----------------

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Red Faction: Guerilla
  • Play on the easiest difficulty level. The combat is solidly in the "chore" category and should be on easy so that it can be dealt with quickly and you can focus on the greatest building destruction simulator of all time. Really, once I got good at the game I only ever shot guys when I felt like it - the rest of the time I was hurling satchel charges like a madman, knocking down walls with a tank, and having about 2000 times more fun than I was when shooting guys.

incredible

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

having trouble with a hard boss? just ask your older brother, he'll get past it no problem and you can move on with enjoying the actual game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

having trouble with a hard boss? just ask your older brother, he'll get past it no problem and you can move on with enjoying the actual game

I thought it would be funny to see if anyone thought classic shooter FEAR was too complex and I was rewarded with something far greater.

----------------

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Joan posted:

• Do yourself a favor and play it on a sound system that has a subwoofer (if you can) and turn that bad boy all the way up. Those little fuckers that dig (I forget what they're called; I haven't played the game in ages) have a wonderful sound effect as they burrow toward you that sounds fan-loving-tastic with a woofer. It's kind of hard to explain, but you'll know what I'm talking about when it happens.
before I ASMR

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

Some dungeons are impossible. Save before going into one.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Martman posted:

thats actually true and good advice to give lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Martman posted:

This is probably valid because it's true and the dungeons can take like six hours to fully explore only to find out the item you're in for is bugged and lives in a floating inaccessible void lol

E: gently caress!!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

owned

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

lol I wasn't sure if they just meant some dungeons are way too hard, but I figured either way it's funny

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Far Cry 6

There's a toggle in Accessibility Options that puts a little glow around any items you can collect. This is a godsend for all the crafting materials you'll need to hoover up over the course of the game. (There's also an option to disable scope sway, but it makes playing a sniper fairly overpowered)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Joan posted:

lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lmao

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

:hai:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That's right