Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Absolute unit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

I guess I just don't understand how someone could follow A&M presumably for 20+ years and be this let down by a bad season. If you don't hate yourself and take perverse pleasure in your fellow fans' disappointment, what are you even in it for?

To see something good at some point like everyone else

Aren't you the one who said there's nothing magical about the uniform or name that makes this happen? Therefore who's left to be at fault?

And like if we were headed for 8-4 again Id be like "yeah but they're freshman and we came close against Bama and who knows maybe we'll upset LSU"

but in fact we look worse than we did before adding a pile of 5 stars

why would that not upset me

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think it's okay to be upset, but I also don't think there's any harm in just pretending this season means nothing and hoping for a better outcome next year.

I basically took the sports blackpill after the 2011 World Series and it's the best thing that ever happened to me.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
That's the problem it's hard to pretend a season where you're stocked with more talent than ever and yet farther than ever from any of your goals doesn't matter because it suggests there is a deep, deep rot in the program

I guess we're gonna find out and believe me if Jimbo turns it around next year or the year after I won't argue when you tell me you were right but I'm not gonna have that issue I don't think

also I've consciously attempted to divorce my emotions from sports on multiple occasions and I can't. Which means I should stop watching at all but I haven't been able to pull that trigger yet

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I just don’t think Jimbo can build a winning culture. You look at guys who have and it just seems like Jimbo isn’t there. You get all these dudes and if you can’t get everyone playing for the team and not for themselves and minimizing distractions, it isn’t going to matter how many five stars you have.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Geez, it's just the sleeves people.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Texas’s offense disappeared last night and Ewers looked straight bad. This game is just another point to why Sark isn’t the future of Texas and is keeping the seat warm for the next coach.

Kudos to the defense for an all around solid game excepting like, 2 busted plays. Haven’t seen that good of a game in some time.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

fast cars loose anus posted:

for what is now objectively the worst single season coaching job in history

General Dog posted:

That’s a pretty bold statement when we’ve got stuff like Ellis Johnson’s year at Southern Miss

You're alright with me, GD

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

KKKLIP ART posted:

I just don’t think Jimbo can build a winning culture. You look at guys who have and it just seems like Jimbo isn’t there. You get all these dudes and if you can’t get everyone playing for the team and not for themselves and minimizing distractions, it isn’t going to matter how many five stars you have.

Isn't this how Jimbo's FSU tenure ended as well?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

LLCoolJD posted:

I dunno if it's the worst coaching ever, but I certainly haven't heard much from those midnight yell dudes recently.

good

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I wonder how many millions of dollars Brennan Armstrong threw away by coming back to UVA? I'm going to LOL when they lose to Coastal Carolina next week

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Achernar posted:

Pretty much

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Komet posted:

I wonder how many millions of dollars Brennan Armstrong threw away by coming back to UVA? I'm going to LOL when they lose to Coastal Carolina next week

Coastal is pretty good, it won't be any kind of surprise when they smash them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Neil Armbong posted:

Texas’s offense disappeared last night and Ewers looked straight bad. This game is just another point to why Sark isn’t the future of Texas and is keeping the seat warm for the next coach.

Kudos to the defense for an all around solid game excepting like, 2 busted plays. Haven’t seen that good of a game in some time.

Starting to think Gary Patterson came on board just so at some point everyone would give up on Sark and go "Well ..... he's here already ....."

He's probably been kissing major booster rear end for a year

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Roasted Donut posted:

Coastal is pretty good, it won't be any kind of surprise when they smash them.

McCall is out, so maybe not

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

McCall is out, so maybe not

UVA was down 28-0 ten minutes into the game yesterday. Against Pitt. At home.

This won’t be close.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Achernar posted:

Don't worry, Jimbo's highly ranked recruiting classes will turn it around

*taps earpiece* Ah

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh jeez, I dunno guys

https://twitter.com/Travis_L_Brown/status/1591918005126311937

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Ungratek posted:

UVA was down 28-0 ten minutes into the game yesterday. Against Pitt. At home.

This won’t be close.

i was gobsmacked when i was looking at scores and saw pitt up 14-0 less than 20 seconds in to that game. genuinely impressive to throw multiple pick sixes that quickly to start a game.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
You have to be a better QB to have this haircut

https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1591641150724902912

Motherfucker was like "Gimmie the Joe Exotic"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PostNouveau posted:

Starting to think Gary Patterson came on board just so at some point everyone would give up on Sark and go "Well ..... he's here already ....."

He's probably been kissing major booster rear end for a year

From what I've gathered he really doesn't seem the type to do well with boosters? At least not the Texas type. Seems like he's more of a call everyone who doesn't agree with him an idiot guy.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

gary patterson will probably be a hc sooner rather than later but i doubt it’ll be at texas (interim gig notwithstanding)

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Dicker the kicker is doing well for LA tonight.

Wasn't he a texas kicker?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Unless UMass tosses a couple pick-6s, A&M isn’t even scoring that spread

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

D.N. Nation posted:

Unless UMass tosses a couple pick-6s, A&M isn’t even scoring that spread

A&M has only scored over 30 once, in the first game of the year against Sam Houston, so yeah pretty much. We could for sure out-talent UMass to that number but it's a stupid bet to take

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

downout posted:

Dicker the kicker is doing well for LA tonight.

Wasn't he a texas kicker?

:hmmyes:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

So happy Cadillac got his win at Jordan-Hare. This season completely loving sucks but the one thing I am sure of is that he is doing as right for those kids as anyone can in this situation.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Earlier today, I parked next to a car bearing a sticker reading "my dog is a Texas A&M fan."

I choose to believe that there is a dog corps to go along with the people one.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

It means its for dumb animals

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

augias posted:

It means its for dumb animals

well yeah, who else would the dog corps be for

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
I am once again a happy train appreciator.

The home season finishes up against Northwestern this weekend. I was doing a little research and found that Northwestern is ranked #25 in a poll about teams with purple as a primary color so I predict Purdue will win 23-21 on a blocked PAT returned for a safety.

EDIT: by a defensive lineman.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

A UVA football player killed 3 students in a parking garage last night and is still at large. There's a city wide manhunt. Everything is locked down. The university. Schools are cancelled

https://twitter.com/UVAPolice/status/1592039353261297664?t=1ekmbUkGEOBCXnuxpYVQPQ&s=19

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I hate losing to Pitt as much as the next guy, but drat

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well that's kind of hosed up.

I was going to post about how some ISU fans are already calling for Matt Campbell to be fired, and I thought that was an overreaction.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

So far at least one of the victims is also a player, as confirmed by his dad on Twitter. I don't know yet whether the others are football players. The victims names' haven't been released yet, but I'm wondering if this is an attack by a former football player on a group of current ones. I wonder if they'll cancel the next game or even the VT game after Thanksgiving.

Edit: one name has been released

https://twitter.com/DailyProgress/status/1592150698040479745?t=nuscse_SaA30mGGhX3drvQ&s=19

Komet fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Nov 14, 2022

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Komet posted:

A UVA football player killed 3 students in a parking garage last night and is still at large. There's a city wide manhunt. Everything is locked down. The university. Schools are cancelled

He's a former walk-on. Reddit is saying that at least one of the victims is a current UVA football player. Bad stuff.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
That reddit thread sure makes it sound like he was targeting the football team.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

It seems at least two of the dead are confirmed to have been football players.

I wonder if we'll ever find out the motive. I'm sure there's more under the surface here.

Komet fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 14, 2022

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
VT 33
UVA 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

dude