Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are multivitamins a scam?
Yes
No
Goku (who notably does not take a multivitamin)
View Results

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

have been thinking lately about taking protein + creatine for gainz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Its just bad for your renal system unless you're working it off.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol yeah i'm gonna take creatine and sit on the couch all day. for sure

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Take protein. Skip creatine.

You don't have time for gains with creatine because you'll be pissing every 5 minutes.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Thank u to this thread for reminding me to pick up some Vitamin D for the midwest winter

Also B12 because it's good for nerve stuff and apparently i was borderline low in my last round of bloodwork

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I've been taking g a iron supplement for like 3 months and my iron levels are still total poo poo so maybe they don't work.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Hollismason posted:

I've been taking g a iron supplement for like 3 months and my iron levels are still total poo poo so maybe they don't work.

Weirdly try taking a vitamin C supplement at the same time - the vitamin C helps your body absorb the iron better.

Same with Calcium and vitamin D for anyone with bone problems

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Prof. Crocodile posted:

multivitamins are bullshit op, but you should try omnivitamins. the entire periodic table of the elements in one convenient pill!

You fool, you're wasting money on all those extra vitamins. With MONOVITAMIN, you get only one vitamin. That way you get targeted health at a astronomic cost. Order today and you can choose which vitamin B is best for you, from 1 to 12, but you only get one of them.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

KitConstantine posted:

Weirdly try taking a vitamin C supplement at the same time - the vitamin C helps your body absorb the iron better.

Same with Calcium and vitamin D for anyone with bone problems

Some foods also inhibit vitamin absorption as well. I think coffee does not work well with iron and possibly diary.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

CumBlast Radius Jr posted:

If you're a vegan probably take B12.

Yeah, if you're vegan, don't gently caress around when it comes to B12. By the time symptoms of a deficiency are noticeable, the damage is irreversible. And said symptoms are a lot of unpleasant neurological poo poo.

AFAIK, anyone eating a standard diet in an industrialized area is technically supplementing for B12, because our soil is too depleted or something. It's just they get it by proxy through livestock being supplemented for it, which doesn't work for vegans. You can reasonably get it through non-dairy milks and nutritional yeast and the like that have it added, but it's just safer to be Absolutely Sure with an added supplement.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
You might get gassy taking vitamin/mineral supplements daily. This has happened to me with magnesium (worst offender), zinc (middle offender), and vitamin D (marginal offender).

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
They're not a scam. If you put in the effort to have a balanced diet, they're useless, except for d, because ain't nobody getting enough d.

Meanwhile my iron levels are trash without injections, and I still need multivitamins no matter how good my diet is because my body is a wasteland.

Healthy people eating a balanced, varied diet and getting plenty of exercise and sunlight do not benefit from multivitamins.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

LargeHadron posted:

You might get gassy taking vitamin/mineral supplements daily. This has happened to me with magnesium (worst offender), zinc (middle offender), and vitamin D (marginal offender).

I think a little :fart: is a fair price to pay for thick ropy loads op

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I heard that vitamin D supplements gently caress with digestive stuff, which is the only reason I'm worried about taking one. Is this true?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

endlessmonotony posted:

because ain't nobody getting enough d
ive got plenty of d to go around :pervert:

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

I did this once, didn’t know about the er.. side effect. Walked home, 300m or so from home I poo poo myself so bad I had to throw my socks out

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

endlessmonotony posted:

Healthy people eating a balanced, varied diet and getting plenty of exercise and sunlight do not benefit from multivitamins.

so what you're saying is that they're absolutely critical for goons

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

For like 65 percent of the united states

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

OP you really should be just crushing your multivitamin and cutting it into lines....blast each rail and then do a shot of olive oil.

Seriously though. I have issues eating. I don't get all of my nutrients everyday so I take a multivitamin. Works out.

So...uh....this monovitamin thing....can I only have one version of B vitamins? I can't say, buy b1 and b12?

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

maybe you jerks should try vitamin B69

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Vitamin pills certainly make my pee smell weird, which means they work!

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Creatine makes u stronger. Just literally makes you stronger. Think about it

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

ManBoyChef posted:

OP you really should be just crushing your multivitamin and cutting it into lines....blast each rail and then do a shot of olive oil.

Seriously though. I have issues eating. I don't get all of my nutrients everyday so I take a multivitamin. Works out.

So...uh....this monovitamin thing....can I only have one version of B vitamins? I can't say, buy b1 and b12?

Yes you can! That's the beauty of monovitamins. Instead of having to pay $20 and get all those filler Bs you just pay me $20 for B1 and $20 for B12 and you're set.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I heard that vitamin D supplements gently caress with digestive stuff, which is the only reason I'm worried about taking one. Is this true?

LargeHadron posted:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I think a little :fart: is a fair price to pay for thick ropy loads op

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Oh yeah I heard about load stacking. There's a supplement/vitamin cocktail you can take that increases your semen production by like 10x

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Saalkin posted:

Take protein. Skip creatine.

You don't have time for gains with creatine because you'll be pissing every 5 minutes.

do not skip creatine, unless you're predisposed to certain kinds of baldness and don't wanna accelerate things

also a lot of people should take vitamin d supplements in the winter

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I was taking just vitamin D for a while after finding out I'm deficient. Then I switched to multi, thinking I could just get all that good poo poo together. But I guess I will go back to just D

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

YeahTubaMike posted:

I participated in a clinical test where they looked at if vitamin D could have a beneficial effect on the gut for people suffering from Crohn's disease. Dont think I ever experienced any adverse effects.

e: oh yeah and definitely take extra Ds if you're prone to winter depressions.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

absolutely just eat normal food, but re: pills, how exactly does your body "not absorb them in the right way"

is it because you have a densely packed nugget of vitamin that can't be absorbed all at once, or is it just something goons heard once and parroted, or is it a lie by Big Celery, or what

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

absolutely just eat normal food, but re: pills, how exactly does your body "not absorb them in the right way"

is it because you have a densely packed nugget of vitamin that can't be absorbed all at once, or is it just something goons heard once and parroted, or is it a lie by Big Celery, or what

Pretty sure its because they're supposed to come from food, which has a bunch of vitamins in combination, some vitamins aid in the body's ability to absorb others. There's research and proof that it's a thing

Calcium and vitamin d - apparently vitamin d helps calcium absorb better in the intestine pub med link

Same deal with vitamin c and iron absorption - from another pub med article that's better written for laymen
"Ascorbic acid is a powerful enhancer of nonheme iron absorption and can reverse the inhibiting effect of such substances as tea and calcium/phosphate"

Edit: if you're asking why I dunno

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i figured multivitamins also had a bunch of vitamins in combination

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
If you love drinking alcohol all the time take as much Thiamin as is ok and also some folate often.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
if you love weed take some choline so your brain works

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Some vitamins require fats to be digested at the same time for them to be absorbed. But I don’t think any goons are going to have any problem with too little fat in their diet am I rite?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Some vitamins require fats to be digested at the same time for them to be absorbed. But I don’t think any goons are going to have any problem with too little fat in their diet am I rite?

Wow, rude! If I could stand up I’d waddle over there and give you such a paddling.

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

Extra row of tits posted:

Wow, rude! If I could stand up I’d waddle over there and give you such a paddling.

With a paddle or a skin flap

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Hey now, this thread is about health not horniness. Take it outside!

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

CumBlast Radius Jr posted:

With a paddle or a skin flap

Lemme get my breath back and I’ll Clarify

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Doc Fission posted:

Hey now, this thread is about health not horniness. Take it outside!

oh word? and that's why you're asking for advice on how to shoot monstrous ropey loads a great distance?