Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
piss tape real

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Toxic Mental posted:

Turds.

Don't miss the one about Mike Pence and the 2020 election near the bottom.

LOL!!!!:

i know the answer but its fun watching the big chuds bitch and moan online all day during holidays because they are assholes who no one wants to be around and even their weird lackeys have families and go off to celebrate or relax but like trump and elon and others just mutter into the void.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Do you think prostitutes will pee on you as part of their base rate or is it one of the things they charge extra for like butt stuff or if you sob uncontrollably the whole time

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Toxic Mental posted:

I cannot loving wait for the Republican primary debates

i cant wait for the GOP house. because they dont have enough to really block anything and all their investigations would just die in votes. so its just gonna be purity fights.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
trump flooded the oval office toilet flushing doodie diaps and secret documents, LOL.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol at Ominous Bill

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

I got a gold Trump coin for Christmas just in time for a new Trump thread! I'll be rich in the post-trumpocalypse, all you haters and losers.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

JohnCompany posted:

I got a gold Trump coin for Christmas just in time for a new Trump thread! I'll be rich in the post-trumpocalypse, all you haters and losers.

Who the gently caress gave you a Trump coin and were they being genuine about it or antagonistic?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Saw an ad for a “grumpy bear” on some rando cable channel while at the homestead for the holidays. Wasn’t even a chud channel either. Think looked lovely af and I’m not convinced it wasn’t a parody as it had a secret compartment in the back of the next for an American flag themed blanket.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Who the gently caress gave you a Trump coin and were they being genuine about it or antagonistic?

Was a secret santa gift and we were very much both in on the joke.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Warbird posted:

Saw an ad for a “grumpy bear” on some rando cable channel while at the homestead for the holidays. Wasn’t even a chud channel either. Think looked lovely af and I’m not convinced it wasn’t a parody as it had a secret compartment in the back of the next for an American flag themed blanket.

Trumpy Bear is real and has been around for years. :lol:

Whether it’s meant as genuine or just a grift, chuds buy them, because you can never be enough of a performative child if you love Trump.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I suppose if it is actual gold then it is basically $50 cash or whatever, regardless if it has something gross stamped on it.

With Trom p branding it could just be pot metal and paint tho.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

It was one of these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/2020-President-Donald-Trump-Inaugural-Gold-Plated-Commemorative-Novelty-Coin/372043996

So just a laugh

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Trump doesn't actually own gold, he leases it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:sad:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

"Trump"

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Saoshyant posted:

Something something a poor person's idea of a rich person

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Which one of you varmin approved a new thread?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
ladies and gentlemen ...

tronald dump

that is all

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

central dogma posted:

Which one of you varmin approved a new thread?

Vermin, or varmints. You've created some kind of hybrid.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was talking to this Florida real estate guy today and as part of the long glad-handing conversation where apparently you're supposed to just start openly talking politics at the other person regardless of what they might believe, he started going off on a tirade about how everybody in the US demonizes China for stupid reasons and China has far less of an effect on economics in America than people seem to think.

He said our economy post-pandemic and trade with China is hosed and Trump's tariffs are to blame. "Don't get me wrong," he said. "I love Trump. But the tariffs were completely the wrong thing to do. All they did was penalize American businesses. Like, what the hell was he thinking? These aren't some magic surcharge that China pays and gives us extra income, they're just an extra tax on American buyers that just ends up making prices higher for consumers! Now, what he SHOULD have done is do the tariffs as part of a two-pronged effort with industry where he would allocate a lot of budget for American companies to start building factories..."

Me just standing there nodding and keeping up kayfabe: uh huh uh huh so close but die please

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Saoshyant posted:

Something something a poor person's idea of a rich person

No way that's Melania lol

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Remember when he got out of the hospital after Covid and walked up the WH stairs? Just standing there trying to look healthy while wheezing like he sprinted a mile. lmbo.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

seth made a new thread because he saw he couldn't catch up to me in post count and now he's doing this to try to beat me.

it won't work.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Pondex posted:

Remember when he got out of the hospital after Covid and walked up the WH stairs? Just standing there trying to look healthy while wheezing like he sprinted a mile. lmbo.

lmao remember how he wanted to rip his shirt open and reveal the Superman logo but he walked up a few stairs and was winded for 20 minutes because he almost died from COVID instead

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

LifeSunDeath posted:

trump flooded the oval office toilet flushing doodie diaps and secret documents, LOL.

Trump's toilet looks like the hoarders episode with the poop mountain

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

Warbird posted:

AD GUY: We gotta find a way to get rid of all these Trump bear shells. We got no buyers at Build-a-Bear. Something about "Fat Rapist Bears?" Don't know, don't care. So what's the angle?

AD GUY 2: Grumpy Cat was hot. We can change the one letter, bam, now it's bears. Get her people on the horn for the endorsement. What's she up to anyway?

AD GUY 1: That's dog poo poo. And I love dog poo poo! Great job, Mr. Dumbballsson. I'll call Mr. Pillows. Let's make us some money.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Picturing him ripping open his shirt to reveal the Superman logo, and then promptly dropping flat on his face unconscious

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Data Graham posted:

Picturing him ripping open his shirt to reveal the Superman logo, and then promptly dropping flat on his face unconscious

I wish they let him do it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Then have WB sue the estate

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Data Graham posted:

He does the superman pose as he jumps off the balcony and falls straight down like Will E Coyote

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lmao

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/11/15/yes-trumpy-bear-is-real-and-it-s-sold-by-a-dallas-company/

Yes, Trumpy Bear is real, and it's sold by a Dallas company
Designed with a shock of blond hair and bushy eyebrows in the likeness of President Donald Trump, the teddy bear was launched into the public eye this week, though it’s been on the market since 2017.

By Dana Branham
9:03 PM on Nov 14, 2018

quote:

Inside a Dallas warehouse are stacks and stacks of Trumpy Bears — great American grizzlies, teddy bears who fear nothing.

Trumpy Bear, a teddy bear designed with a shock of blond hair and bushy eyebrows like President Donald Trump's, has been on the market since 2017, but it has become a sensation this week because of a Twitter post that went viral.

A lot of people have wondered whether the widely shared commercial is a spoof, but its creators say Trumpy Bear is not a joke. It’s a real product, sold by a real Dallas-based company, Exceptional Products Inc.

Many people hadn't heard of the bear sooner because a lot of TV stations declined to run the ad, saying it was overly political, according to Elliott Bracket, vice president of Exceptional Products.

“This particular one we ran on local Fox in New York City, and somebody that had a really large Twitter following tweeted this out, and that’s what sort of set the wildfire again,” he said.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1061965651470925825?s=20&t=uG-vRpN33WORsfSL5NoJEw

Trumpy Bear may be based in Dallas, but its inventor is a New Jersey woman, V.L. Lange, who says she designed the bear in Trump’s image after he was elected.

“I felt it was time to name an American fearless grizzly bear after our new Commander and Chief [sic],” Lange, who declined to be interviewed, said in a written statement.

“This iconic bear should be viewed as the symbol that anyone can run for president of this great country of ours,” her statement read. “The weight of the responsibilities that come with the presidency can be a burden that I, for one, could never endure.”

In response to questions about whether the ad or the product is a joke, she answered with a firm no.

“I want it to be perfectly clear that the men who served in our military spoke from their hearts in the Trumpy Bear commercial,” she wrote. “Any vilification of a veteran should never be tolerated.”

Trumpy Bear comes in two sizes, Brackett said. The one on its website is 22 inches tall and weighs about 2 pounds. It’s dense for a teddy bear because behind a zipper on the back of the bear’s neck is an American flag blanket tucked away so you can “wrap yourself in the red, white and blue for comfort and warmth,” the commercial says.

It also comes in a 15-inch version, and the company makes a Trumpy Bear golf club head cover for people who want to "Make Their Golf Game Great Again," as the commercial suggests.

The products are made in China, Brackett said. Higher costs from domestic manufacturers would've made for a $150 teddy bear.

The commercial for the bear opens with a forest scene, where a deep-voiced narrator declares, "A storm is coming."

“You cannot defeat the storm,” the disembodied voice proclaims. “From the trees rose a resounding voice: I fear nothing.”

The storm, the narrator reveals, is Trumpy Bear: “the fearless, super-plush American grizzly.”

The commercial's earnestness has made it the target of mockery, including a parody on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Exceptional Products is a "direct response" company, encouraging TV viewers to call now and get their very own Trumpy Bear for just two payments of $19.95 plus shipping and handling. It usually sells products that aim to solve problems, Brackett said.

For example, one of the company's products is Plaque Attack — a dental spray for dogs and cats. Problem: stinky dog breath. Solution: Plaque Attack, which claims to control bacteria and remove tartar from pets’ mouths.

But Trumpy Bear doesn’t exactly fill a need or solve a problem, so it is marketed differently from the company's other products, Brackett said.

The inventor’s production company, Reel Vision, created the commercial, he said. What the commercial did well, Brackett said, was that it didn’t target a particular audience — it appeals to people who see the bear as a gag gift, as well as unironic fans of the president.

“It’s a gift item, it’s an I-want-to-buy-it-for-myself item, and it’s a mess-with-somebody item,” Brackett said.

He declined to say how many Trumpy Bears the company has sold, but the product has been successful enough to draw copycats. The real Trumpy Bear is sold from its website, as well as on Walmart.com and Amazon. On Amazon, reviewers have complained of receiving shoddily constructed, counterfeit Trumpy Bears, and Brackett acknowledged that knockoffs are out there.

Brackett has heard stories of people sending Trumpy Bears to friends and family members as a prank. One man who sent the Trumpy Bear to his mother-in-law as a joke was so concerned about covering his tracks that he asked the company to put a note in its customer service database asking that employees never share the details of who sent the bear, should she ever call to ask, Brackett said.

“Maybe it’s just people ribbing each other, because Trump is such a lightning rod,” he said.

But the bears have also drawn a more serious response, Brackett said. The company got a voicemail from a man who said he wanted to kill employees at the company, as well as the president.

“We ended up forwarding that to the authorities, and they knocked on his door and visited him,” he said.

In case anyone acts on destructive impulses upon seeing Trumpy Bear, the company's website says returns of “intentionally damaged bears” cannot be accepted.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Holy poo poo, this thing is so smart. It's crazy.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

It's going to be packed every night because even chuds in Rifle, CO enjoy Mexican food and probably knew to avoid sHooter's for fear of food poisoning. :lol: