Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

he's gonna shoot the judge and say, "now that, was voluntary "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Alec Baldwin is 64 years old and going to spend 5 years in prison.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Hollismason posted:

inshallah

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Alec will get off when he agrees to let the judge be an executive producer on the movie Rust.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Caesar Saladin posted:

i really really doubt he's going to be convicted

He's a wealthy white guy, but remember that Trumpers really really hate him for the SNL bits. The very people most likely to respect a man's right to wave guns around recklessly already think he's a bad guy with a gun.

Among folks who show up for Jury duty in New Mexico, how many are likely to be "conservatives"? It's gotta be at least a couple right? Probably more. A hung jury might be more likely than an outright acquittal.

99grind
Jan 19, 2023

Techno

Smugworth posted:

Heard Alec put the muzzle of the gun to his lips, blew the smoke away, and whispered "gently caress you, that's my name." Smdh

Is this true?! Bros…

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
baldwin won't see a fuckin second of prison

he would flee the country if he was concerned it was a risk

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Him and romaine pullansky gonna share a cell

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The assistant director agreed to plead guilty to negligent use of a deadly weapon, a misdemeanor. They might just let the other two plead down to misdemeanors and avoid jail time too.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

99grind posted:

Is this true?! Bros…

he actually started doing the shot and said oi that's not a gun, this is a gun, and then pulled out a different, much bigger gun before opening fire

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
amd was like "how's that for a SHOT? It's gonna KILL!"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

alec fukcing loves one liners

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

FirstnameLastname posted:

baldwin won't see a fuckin second of prison

he would flee the country if he was concerned it was a risk

He certainly won't, pal, cause the good news is the jury is fired

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Which country is this sick gently caress gonna flee to if prison time becomes reasonably likely? Russia or France?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hollismason posted:

:lol: he won't.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Colonel Cancer posted:

Which country is this sick gently caress gonna flee to if prison time becomes reasonably likely? Russia or France?

Well where ever it is he ain't going to be flying there. It's well known he can't make it through airport security due to the large amounts of guns he always carries. I hear even when he sleeps he's got at least four strapped.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

naem posted:

his weird insistence that he “did not pull the trigger” weirded me out

It was Alec Baldwin's parents who "pulled the trigger" by creating him.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

They should not have any gun shaped objects on "shoots" which is what the "shooting industry" or showbiz calls shooting something and hitting save. The actors, which are simulating a crisis which requires shooting to resolve can just point their fingerguns at things or people and go pow pow. Simple CGI can make it look like any kind of gun. Similarly there should not be even deadlier real weapons on "shoots" like katanas or hammers. Those can be replaced with pool noodles.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
It's sad because his SNL schweaty balls skit is legit funny as hell, he was one of the finest looking men on the planet for a bit

But nope, turns out he's whackjob scum :(

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

also he murdered a woman if i recall

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Bad Purchase posted:

also he murdered a woman if i recall

murdered her with his schweaty balls skit. she died laughing

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Alec Baldlose

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

dr_rat posted:

Well where ever it is he ain't going to be flying there. It's well known he can't make it through airport security due to the large amounts of guns he always carries. I hear even when he sleeps he's got at least four strapped.

You can take guns on your private jet though.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You can take guns on your private jet though.

But if you first instinct is to shot the pilot as soon as you board, whose going to fly the plane!!!

Oh and I actually got around to looking at his charges. Sort of surprised their charging him as the actor not as the co-producer. I remember listening to a couple of professional Hollywood armorers about it right after, and they all seemed to think that a production should never have to rely on the actor to check a weapon. They're thinking about a bunch of other stuff, we likely have no gun training and should really be handling the weapon as little as possible to get the shot that is needed. Unless he was loving around dangerously with the gun on set, at least by their thinking, their should be no responsibility on him as an actor.

As a co-producer who was actually on set, he should of shut down the production well before that and seems like there's easy charges there.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

dr_rat posted:

But if you first instinct is to shot the pilot as soon as you board, whose going to fly the plane!!!

Oh and I actually got around to looking at his charges. Sort of surprised their charging him as the actor not as the co-producer. I remember listening to a couple of professional Hollywood armorers about it right after, and they all seemed to think that a production should never have to rely on the actor to check a weapon. They're thinking about a bunch of other stuff, we likely have no gun training and should really be handling the weapon as little as possible to get the shot that is needed. Unless he was loving around dangerously with the gun on set, at least by their thinking, their should be no responsibility on him as an actor.

As a co-producer who was actually on set, he should of shut down the production well before that and seems like there's easy charges there.

gently caress that noise. Every time I come on shift, I have to check over every piece of equipment on my unit. "Well gee sir, the guy I relieved said everything was stocked up" won't cut it if we need to defibrillate someone but I showed up without any pads.

If you have something life critical that you handle, you have a duty to make sure it's in working order. Period.

If the actors aren't trained enough to safely check the gun they should not be handling a gun.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

dr_rat posted:

Going after him in his capacity as a producer might make it too easy to obfuscate his responsibilities. "I trusted what the armorer said," "Honestly I was just a figurehead," etc.

Legally the buck stops with the one handling the gun. My understanding is that the industry standard is for the armorer to check all firearms in front of the actors and relevant production, so they are in effect checking it together. The actor handling the gun cannot simply rely on the armorer's word, they have to see it for themselves. If that did not happen, then the actor handling the gun is responsible. If they try to say, "But the armorer said it was safe," the law's response looks to be "Alright then we'll charge them, too!"

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Another shot? ANOTHER shot? Let me tell you. When I shot, I shot to kill

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Neuroscientists have recreated the activity in Alec's brain seconds before the incident. Let's take a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PChWWkRS0MQ

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Suckdick Fartspin

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire real shots or only blanks?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Another take? How about I just fuckin' shoot the both of ya?" Well, should I, punk?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You know what sucks about being a Baldwin?

Getting jailed for involuntary manslaughter.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

mobby_6kl posted:

You know what sucks about being a Baldwin?

Getting jailed for involuntary manslaughter.

Being related to Stephen Baldwin

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bouillon Rube posted:

lol a guy did that on the set of a tv show at some point in the 80’s with a blank

ah that show about time travelers, I think it was called the man who traveled through time and shot himself

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Alec will flee to his wife's native Spain, ofc

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
That armorer nepo baby should take the fall for all of this.
Also also why couldn't this low budget poo poo show just add in the muzzle flash effects in post like every other movie does?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Cue Alec Baldwin in a courtroom demonstrating what happened using Exhibit A (a pistol), and accidentally shooting the judge.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's pretty cool. Alec Baldwin is going to blame the armorer for the accident and the armorer is going to blame Alec Baldwin. So that way they both get found innocent.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1511029832611778564

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

I wish Joan Rivers was still alive so she could destroy Amy Schumer and that terrible dress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Hollismason posted:

Nice