Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao Brady asking Blinger to just rip his mic off at the end.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1617537891533463552?s=20&t=bOcfglubIFNU_3pHDuS9qw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

A leader of men

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Lifespan posted:

That's what I am hoping for, though even that is kinda boring.

I'm going to invent a time machine so I can go back to 8-year-old me and tell him we live long enough to see someone calling the Bengals getting to the super bowl "boring"

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Tired of always seeing elite teams like the Chiefs and Bengals in the Super Bowl, would be nice if we could see some bad teams like the Steelers and Patriots get in for once.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1617643536270364676?s=20

Ok

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ben_baby/status/1617651491921362947?s=46&t=3ly-mlbTEJCgX2CVFPHnkw

very interesting

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

What will his season ending injury be and when will he get it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Vertical Lime posted:

very interesting

Yeah if I were a bettor I would have jumped on that. I thought it was more surprising that the Chiefs were favored on the initial line.

Mahomes will either play totally immobile or it's Chad Henne vs Joe Burrow. Only thing I can figure with the initial line is they're thinking Andy Reid is really smart.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If the Chiefs are smart they'll play the backup.
Tyler Huntley got more passing yards against the Bengals than Mahomes did.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

patrick will play and do gooder than normal with a foot cut off

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

A handicapper knows Mahomes is hosed up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1617662843255681025?s=20

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
We have all sprained an ankle, for sure, and had that first 10-15 minutes where you think maybe nothing too bad happened, and can kinda walk normally, because the pain and swelling hasn't set in. Mahomes was instantly hobbling, so that ankle is hosed up. That being said, just give Orlando Brown a couple of running backs and tight ends to help out with Trey Hendrickson on every play and the Chiefs offense should be fine.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Please continue to embarass yourself. Do it this with the *spins wheel* raiders

Still can't believe he could have retired after the bucs superbowl completely on top. Proved it was him more than bilichek and hosed off with his wife and kids and hundreds of millions of dollars.

Instead he chose divorce and going out like a wet fart and more people may remember him for his lovely last years if he keeps going 2 more years

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

EmbryoSteve posted:

Proved it was him more than bilichek and hosed off
He still did that. Not the wife and kids thing though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Hell, if he actually retired like last year he'd still have a noble end to his career.

The fact he's probably gonna play another year and further tarnish his legacy is kinda sad but also expected since he already sacrificed his family to get owned by Dak Prescott. It'll be even more hilarious if Mr. Irrelevant wins the Super Bowl and starts getting "The Next Tom Brady" hype, and on the 49ers no less.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

We have all sprained an ankle, for sure, and had that first 10-15 minutes where you think maybe nothing too bad happened, and can kinda walk normally, because the pain and swelling hasn't set in. Mahomes was instantly hobbling, so that ankle is hosed up. That being said, just give Orlando Brown a couple of running backs and tight ends to help out with Trey Hendrickson on every play and the Chiefs offense should be fine.

That's a Bengals-in-November take. The last month has pretty much been nothing but other dudes besides Hendrickson stepping up in the pass rushing game.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

EmbryoSteve posted:

Please continue to embarass yourself. Do it this with the *spins wheel* raiders

Still can't believe he could have retired after the bucs superbowl completely on top. Proved it was him more than bilichek and hosed off with his wife and kids and hundreds of millions of dollars.

Instead he chose divorce and going out like a wet fart and more people may remember him for his lovely last years if he keeps going 2 more years

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Can’t stop laughing about those cowboys tweets. Jerry lining up every bus to drive over the whole team.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Pron on VHS posted:

High ankle sprains are deceptive because they don't tend to cause as much swelling and bruising as a regular sprained ankle, but they're way, way more painful and much higher up than regular sprains on the list of Injuries Not to gently caress With. Any pivoting or undue stress on that injury and things get very unstable very quickly. Like "the bones in my lower leg have separated themselves and I can't put any weight on this foot" levels of instability.

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jan 24, 2023

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I can't believe Skip Bayliss ran the Cowboys Twitter account this entire time.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Tom's absolutely a sad weirdo regarding his football/life balance, but there's no way that's going to be remembered in 20 years or that a 4694 yard 25/9 season (at age 45) is tarnishing his legacy. I mean, he's 45 and still a top 10 QB in a lot of metrics. That's bonkers.

Playoff losses, sure, but most everyone has some bad ones at the end. Nobody holds it against Montana.

Now if Tom goes down the Bogdanoff brothers path, that's a legacy-changer

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gretzky was a big loser for 3 years at the end and everyone took big craps and pisses on him every day from then on until he passed away

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to remember Tom Brady as the dude who kissed his son on the mouth on live TV.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I wouldn't say Brady's legacy is being tarnished, but the final chapter is now "he lost his family so he could lose to the Cowboys."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brady had his chance to end his story on a high note and is very much not doing that by any metric imaginable. Same as Rodgers

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Supposedly Bezos was actually a decent football player in high school. He was also a weirdo nerd.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Apparently the CB the Ravens just got is Lamar Jackson's cousin. Well that doesn't fill me with confidence about bringing Lamar back. Going and saying how Lamar can help decide on the new OC, and then signing his cousin. It sounds to me like desperation. Lamar has made his demands clear and you only do this stuff if you're not intending to fulfill those demands. So I'm thinking now the Ravens are certainly going to franchise and trade Lamar Jackson.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

Apparently the CB the Ravens just got is Lamar Jackson's cousin. Well that doesn't fill me with confidence about bringing Lamar back. Going and saying how Lamar can help decide on the new OC, and then signing his cousin. It sounds to me like desperation. Lamar has made his demands clear and you only do this stuff if you're not intending to fulfill those demands. So I'm thinking now the Ravens are certainly going to franchise and trade Lamar Jackson.

this is a HELL of a leap.

e: Adoree Jackson is also Lamar's cousin. is lamar a giant?

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Why are people surprised the Cowboys lost to a very good 49ers team?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

infraboy posted:

Why are people surprised the Cowboys lost to a very good 49ers team?

Surprise isn't the exact word, but the team overall did enough to win and Dak followed up his performance against the Bucs with meh effort

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Surprise isn't the exact word, but the team overall did enough to win and Dak followed up his performance against the Bucs with meh effort

It could also be that the Niners defense is significantly better than the Bucs defense.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

this is a HELL of a leap.

e: Adoree Jackson is also Lamar's cousin. is lamar a giant?

Maybe. But that would be because they paid him not because they have his cousin. Lamar wants to be the top paid QB in the league with all guaranteed money but the Ravens don't want to do that because he's missed the end part of both the last two seasons so we're making all these other appeals to him hoping he'll compromise. But he won't. And we will have to trade him. If we were going to sign him we wouldn't bother picking up random backup CBs related to him

I was in the same 50-50 camp but now i'm 75-25 in feeling Lamar will be traded.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ahahahahaha hell yeah Ted Ginn time

https://twitter.com/billym_91/status/1617680896760635394?s=46&t=GbKSwa7m3Tm2C9-h_ZrRUw

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Imagine how frustrating it must be to have the talent to get that open in the NFL and still drop the football.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Diva Cupcake posted:

It could also be that the Niners defense is significantly better than the Bucs defense.

And it is! I don't think anyone's takeaway from the game, not even the biggest Cowboys homer, is that the 49ers weren't a good team. But the game was close and at the end of it Dak threw two picks and Purdy did not.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Chris James 2 posted:

Brady had his chance to end his story on a high note and is very much not doing that by any metric imaginable. Same as Rodgers

I like to imagine what the world would be like if Brady had retired immediately after winning a ring with the Bucs. Football wise, he would have been pretty much unassailable at that point, right?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Normally ending your career at a low point isn’t the biggest deal but his family falling apart at the same time is definitely going to make it more memorable

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

Normally ending your career at a low point isn’t the biggest deal but his family falling apart at the same time is definitely going to make it more memorable

It’s not enough for the biggest fraud of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CharlestheHammer posted:

Now he's going to play two more years so his family falling apart is less on peoples' minds when he does retire.