Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lethal looking about ready to burst into tears at any second and then Mark coming out with both titles hosed me up

What a beautiful tribute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This Jay tribute show looks pretty cool. A bunch of interviews, old ROH promos and matches, and a couple of live/AEW Dark matches.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
From what I can see, DAZN is more than twice as expensive as AEW+ on fite.tv, that sucks.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

If you're looking for a reason to VPN for a better AEW experience, Fite is already there and it's wonderful.

While the back catalog is available, it's definitely not very user-friendly. You have to know the exact date of the show you're looking for and try and navigate through the page list. And you can't even filter searches by date, let alone search for individual matches.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Mark coming out with both titles hosed me up

I kinda hope Tony retires the current ROH tag titles (not just the belts) and just starts new tag titles with a separate lineage. Doesn't seem right to take the belt off of Mark or have someone fill in for Jay.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MassRafTer posted:

AEW is coming to DAZN in a bunch of countries they didn't already have TV deals with.

https://twitter.com/luchalibreonlin/status/1618686871361687552

For gently caress's sake, is this going to mean I won't be able to get AEW on FITE in Finland anymore?

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

For gently caress's sake, is this going to mean I won't be able to get AEW on FITE in Finland anymore?

Says the rights are exclusive, so yes this means that.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

DAZN is pronounced “The Zone.” It’s dumb. Just call it The Zone.

Yaramund
Jul 22, 2015

The face of a killer
in a ghostly design
Would guess it's related, got an e-mail from Fite earlier saying they would be removing the ability to buy a yearly AEW+ subscription from the 31st even though I'm not in any of the countries listed with the DAZN stuff.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm switching back to a monthly subscription because I don't trust ITVX not to snag the UK rights.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Welcome to the VPN crew.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

supposedly Fite sent out an email that AEW+ has ended annual subs and is moving to month to month for everyone, so I imagine AEW+ / Fite might be slowly getting phased out. DAZN has pretty advanced VPN detection / blocking too.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm switching back to a monthly subscription because I don't trust ITVX not to snag the UK rights.

Welcome to the VPN crew.

The VPN trick worked with Lithuania which is also on the list. What's left that'll work?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I have massive respect for Jay Briscoe admitting he was wrong and making amends, especially when he gained nothing from it, and doubling down on hateful poo poo seems to get you rewarded. Excited to see a treasure like Mark on AEW, just wish it wasn't at such a cost. Love Dem Boys.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

HOOK tattoo update: it's a little skeleton guy

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it is his good friend danhausen

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Pylons posted:

HOOK tattoo update: it's a little skeleton guy

He's going to join Swerve's group and his electrocuted skele guy can hang out with Parker's texas shooting guy whose name I currently cannot recall.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Mr. Squishy posted:

He's going to join Swerve's group and his electrocuted skele guy can hang out with Parker's texas shooting guy whose name I currently cannot recall.

Yosemite Sam.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

HOOK would have been a way cooler guy to be in Swerve's posse instead of two cornfed whiteboys in lettermans jackets, one of whom is the ugliest fucker I've ever laid eyes on

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Liked it when I thought it was Gumby. AEW needs a Gumby guy, a guy who likes weird old cartoons that only freaks like me still like

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

HOOK would have been a way cooler guy to be in Swerve's posse instead of two cornfed whiteboys in lettermans jackets, one of whom is the ugliest fucker I've ever laid eyes on
nah hook doesn’t need to be a background character in a stable ever again

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

I have massive respect for Jay Briscoe admitting he was wrong and making amends, especially when he gained nothing from it, and doubling down on hateful poo poo seems to get you rewarded. Excited to see a treasure like Mark on AEW, just wish it wasn't at such a cost. Love Dem Boys.

yeah it was bittersweet seeing that "Making AEW Debut" on marks chryon during his entrance. we should've had both of em years ago :smith:

i'd like to see a jay briscoe memorial tourney or something for the roh tag titles, maybe also build mark up for a run with the roh title

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Watching the tribute show and it looks like Yuka's put on some muscle.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sarajevo is All Elite

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

NienNunb posted:

Liked it when I thought it was Gumby. AEW needs a Gumby guy, a guy who likes weird old cartoons that only freaks like me still like

So, Darby?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

We broke a mil, baby

https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/status/1618717951808389120

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Briscoe-hating WBD execs in the mud

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Bricoes are a drat draw brother

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

what on earth happened on raw

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jesus WEP posted:

They had a bunch of old guys and I think this is the first week with no football competition.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

30th anniversary

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the check to nielsen cleared brother

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Oh sure, everyone hates the sign-pointing when WWE does it, but when AEW does it... :rolleyes:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1618724347799281664?s=46&t=klffT8nFJOe7csBhYKdh6Q

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

But how many stars

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

good dynamite. a bit below the level of the last couple of weeks but the main event was incredible emotional wrestling. mark briscoe should beat mjf for the big one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mr. Squishy posted:

But how many stars

Says right there, 1,000,000.32 stars.