Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/mitchellrenz365/status/1620517587942801416?s=46&t=zH_Hlp2MLoM54syV3qqZ6Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
:lol:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Derek Carr rules

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kalli posted:

Derek Carr rules

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Aside from the Jets who would be the best for him? Indianapolis and Houston seem like they're fixed onto drafting a QB. Carolina? Tennessee?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Now I’m picturing Carr rampaging around Vegas like an episode of Jackass just to give McDaniels a stroke

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Aside from the Jets who would be the best for him? Indianapolis and Houston seem like they're fixed onto drafting a QB. Carolina? Tennessee?

Carolina and Tampa Bay probably. Saw New Orleans floated but I just can’t see the cap gymnastics to make that work.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Carolina would probably be ideal.

At least one good receiver, very good oline, good RB pending what they do with foreman…just one or two solid FA signings away.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Carr to Brian Burns:
https://youtu.be/D9IQmhfGEhU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Reich working magic with Carr sounds like it'd be a fun watch.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Complete with burns not finishing the sack and getting hurt in the process.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
What do you even do if you're San Francisco? I don't think I've ever seen this QB situation before.

I'm guessing you get rid of Jimmy G, hold on to Lance and Purdy through training camp to see how their recoveries are going, play whoever's looking better, swap to the other if that changes in live games, and trade whoever you don't want before the deadline mid-season?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
They have to keep Garappolo. They'll probably start next season with Lance again with JG as backup. That injury could be career ending for Purdy although had he not got hurt the starting job was his to lose.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1620531082394472448?s=46&t=7729yKIv8qZrLFcDROADnA

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Show me those picks!!

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1620534359056056322

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 31, 2023

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1620532506549452800

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

surf rock posted:

What do you even do if you're San Francisco? I don't think I've ever seen this QB situation before.

I'm guessing you get rid of Jimmy G, hold on to Lance and Purdy through training camp to see how their recoveries are going, play whoever's looking better, swap to the other if that changes in live games, and trade whoever you don't want before the deadline mid-season?

All of this except the last part, you don’t trade either guy because whoever you keep will end up getting a season ending injury the next game.

Mr. Nice! posted:

They have to keep Garappolo. They'll probably start next season with Lance again with JG as backup. That injury could be career ending for Purdy although had he not got hurt the starting job was his to lose.

Jimmy is an FA and he wants a starting job. SF doesn’t want to pay him starter money. Unless there’s just no market for him and he’s willing to come back on a cheap deal as a backup or even third QB he’s gone.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Any Lamarrrrrr updates ?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Please make Russ good again :smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Jimmy is an FA and he wants a starting job. SF doesn’t want to pay him starter money. Unless there’s just no market for him and he’s willing to come back on a cheap deal as a backup or even third QB he’s gone.

There wasn't a market for him last year, and I don't think there will be one for him again this year.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Please make Russ good again :smith:

More hilarious option: he doesn't

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Mr. Nice! posted:

There is even less chance than last spring that Jimmy stays with the 49ers. He wants to start and he will actually be able to throw this offseason. TJ surgery isn't career threatening either so the Niners have 2 prospective QBs on rookie contracts. Jimmy gone

Mr. Nice! posted:

There wasn't a market for him last year, and I don't think there will be one for him again this year.

There wasn't a market because he couldn't throw until June/July.

Also in other coaching news:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1620533469578407936?s=20&t=gvrkZiiRKaeN0tmWttctZQ

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Sean Payton is going to place Russell Wilson inside a Bacta tank when he isn’t playing, and the Bacta will be infused with so many nanobubbles, it’ll make your head spin.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sean Payton knows how to use a player for his strengths so RW is gonna be making sick rear end tiktoks in the marketing department

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

surf rock posted:

Alternatively, Thomas J Brady.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Brady on the Niners with that many weapons, and that defense, would be absurd.

He just turned 63 years old, but he still set NFL single season records for most pass attempts and most passes completed.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Just Establish The Run, and let him do Play Action stuff to Deebo and CMC and Kittle all day long.

nopants
May 29, 2004
disinvite all the qbs from the pro bowl. the mannings can coach and qb their teams

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gonz posted:

Brady on the Niners with that many weapons, and that defense, would be absurd.

He just turned 63 years old, but he still set NFL single season records for most pass attempts and most passes completed.

Yeah those two things kinda go together, especially when 80% of the attempts were three yard check downs to fournette or spiking balls at linemen’s feet because he felt a breeze.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/aaronwilson_nfl/status/1620540021492137990?s=46&t=7729yKIv8qZrLFcDROADnA

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Sean Payton about to be the first coach suspended for putting a bounty on his own quarterback

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man San Fran is just loaded with these 3rd round picks for losing minority coordinators

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So I guess I'm being an idiot on this - how is Denver able to trade away a 2023 first round pick if they've already given it to Seattle? Are they somehow getting the forfeited #21 pick from this whole thing?

Please clue me in I'm a dumb dumb.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kirios posted:

So I guess I'm being an idiot on this - how is Denver able to trade away a 2023 first round pick if they've already given it to Seattle? Are they somehow getting the forfeited #21 pick from this whole thing?

They traded Bradley Chubb to the Dolphins for the Niners 1st.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kirios posted:

they had another first that was originally from SF and went to MIA and then DEN

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They have one from trading Bradley Chubb to Miami

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I completely forgot about that, so it's the...#30 then right? Thanks!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I am very shocked that the Texans didn't hire Josh McCown. Did they just stop being super horny for him or something?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

They got rid of the grifter who wanted to do dumb bullshit like that. It's starting to feel like this three year doldrum is finally ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

surf rock posted:

It's Wentz-Foles times a billion