Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I use Astraweb for main stuff, and blocknews as a backup.

If you're considering getting your feet wet I suggest visiting the Usenet thread in SHSC.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3409898

now I'll know what to use!! thanks!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

There is also a company that advertises on these very forums that have great service and are decently priced.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
This also reminds me of the other day when my husband and I wanted to watch some old lovely movies and spent easily 20 minutes cycling through all of the subscription services to find them. HBO, Netflix, Amazon, we checked 'em all. You know what service is streaming Ace Venture Pet Detective in 2023? We found it on youtube in about 3 whole seconds.

So let's just say we didn't bother checking the legal services for any of the other ones we wanted to see because they were all 100% on youtube in high def with an infinitely easier to use interface.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I use the account of an old friend that I haven't spoken to in about 8 years lol

But my parents have one, my partners parents have one, and I hardly use it anyways so I don't really care. Half the time I accidentally just torrent stuff anyways due to failing to realize it was on there

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

bagmonkey posted:

How do you even torrent these days

why did I try to go legit and actually use streaming services

why am I a fool

Get VPN of course, then I use tixati as a client, it's good. Sites is mainly yts for movies since it's easiest to navigate, 1337x for most other things. Magnet links are better than actual torrent files

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

bagmonkey posted:

How do you even torrent these days

why did I try to go legit and actually use streaming services

why am I a fool

Check out 123movies.vu

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Play posted:

Magnet links are better than actual torrent files

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
That HBO thing is so dumb. It looks like that entire parent company is going under and they're just trying to see how long they can ride it all out. The gently caress.

Hopefully someone picks up HBO when it all collapses and puts it back together, because there is too much good poo poo on there to die with whatever dumpster fire is taking place over there right now.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Check out 123movies.vu

f2movies.ru is by far the best, it has everything you can basically imagine.

moviesjoy.to is decent but not for TV

netmovies.to is similar to moviesjoy

I hope this isn't probateable to talk about. This stuff is easy to find though and there's basically no liability since it's just buffered and not hosted on users' PCs. All my friends cancelled all their subscriptions once they realized f2movies existed.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My ISP keeps reminding me I have a free HBO Max™ subscription with fiber that I haven't used. Thanks but no thanks.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
But you could watch Velma

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Toxic Mental posted:

f2movies.ru is by far the best, it has everything you can basically imagine.

moviesjoy.to is decent but not for TV

netmovies.to is similar to moviesjoy

I hope this isn't probateable to talk about. This stuff is easy to find though and there's basically no liability since it's just buffered and not hosted on users' PCs. All my friends cancelled all their subscriptions once they realized f2movies existed.

I regret I have but one probe to give to my tv viewing.

Also thanks for the other suggestions

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Once this goes through I'm gone lol, I'm paying 18 bux for this crap enoughs enough.

Just yesterday I set up a seedbox, a server you rent that downloads torrents for you, which you can then get out through a sftp connection. Put that poo poo on a hdd, connect to the tv and blammo, never going back.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Son of Rodney posted:

Once this goes through I'm gone lol, I'm paying 18 bux for this crap enoughs enough.

Just yesterday I set up a seedbox, a server you rent that downloads torrents for you, which you can then get out through a sftp connection. Put that poo poo on a hdd, connect to the tv and blammo, never going back.

You a lie, you gonna get four different subscriptions on the same card.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Nutflix

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

You a lie, you gonna get four different subscriptions on the same card.

No man I'm gonna netflick them off and watch lord.of.the.rings.eng.2160.xxxPROUDCLODRIPSxxx.avi at my own leisure

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Tristesse posted:

This also reminds me of the other day when my husband and I wanted to watch some old lovely movies and spent easily 20 minutes cycling through all of the subscription services to find them. HBO, Netflix, Amazon, we checked 'em all. You know what service is streaming Ace Venture Pet Detective in 2023? We found it on youtube in about 3 whole seconds.

So let's just say we didn't bother checking the legal services for any of the other ones we wanted to see because they were all 100% on youtube in high def with an infinitely easier to use interface.
https://www.justwatch.com/ is the best thing to figure out where all the stuff is being streamed

But going back to torrenting sounds like a good idea now anyway. I pay for HBO, my mom pays for Netflix, my dad pays for Prime, my brother pays for Hulu/Disney+ and we all share it.. but still I scroll through poo poo on any streaming service for too long before I give up and make a half-hearted choice

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i get my movies exclusively through qwikster, they come in the mail, and i invite the post worker to watch with me i’ve got popcorn and sodas, diet and regular

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

While Sonarr/Radarr are better than not having them I still think they aren't very good.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Varg posted:

https://www.justwatch.com/ is the best thing to figure out where all the stuff is being streamed

Love it when I look up a show and get the no streaming options in your area or w/e thing. That's a permission to :filez: basically.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Play posted:

Magnet links are better than actual torrent files

This is the only thing I do I don't think I've ever tried to do it without a magnet link

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Duck and Cover posted:

While Sonarr/Radarr are better than not having them I still think they aren't very good.

This is true. They take a lot of set up and while they mostly do what they are supposed to do, you still have to babysit them at times.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

My brother gave my Netflix password to his ugly Wallace and Gromit looking girlfriend of one week who then gave that password to some other guy she was shagging on the side. Who had the cheek to delete someone else’s profile so he had room set up his own named profile with a big watch queue.

After that incident I booted everyone off altogether.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

I might be more inclined to put up with some of this bullshit if these streaming services didn't cancel every show I like after one or two seasons

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Chrs posted:

My brother gave my Netflix password to his ugly Wallace and Gromit looking girlfriend of one week who then gave that password to some other guy she was shagging on the side. Who had the cheek to delete someone else’s profile so he had room set up his own named profile with a big watch queue.

What shows and movies was he keen on tho

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Chrs posted:

Lol

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

What shows and movies was he keen on tho

This is the important question

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
So if you have to log in to your home network to "validate" the thing I have several questions.

First, VPN exists? Not much of a question, but yeah. Second, what if you literally have two homes? Like you have your residence and then a work accomodation for off-site work?

I'm waiting for them to announce a change of plans of $X for every person over three on the account or something. Also there're a few shows that are the reason it still has momentum for me, but I am pretty much gonna axe it the moment they get axed lol

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

syntaxfunction posted:

First, VPN exists? Not much of a question, but yeah. Second, what if you literally have two homes? Like you have your residence and then a work accomodation for off-site work?

I think they would prefer you simply purchase a second account.

I had similar questions, and like, how do they tell the difference between account sharing and, say, 1 member of the household traveling? What's stopping me from just sharing my "temporary code" with whoever I'm sharing my account with?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bidenflation much?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Jestery posted:

If anyone here had a business like Netflix it would have crashed and burner since it has literally never been profitable, nor can it be

I'm sure people expecting to share accounts with different households doesn't help!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Nuts and Gum posted:

I'm sure people expecting to share accounts with different households doesn't help!

Imagine me wanting to use my Netflix account at my house, and also when I visit my partner (who doesn't use it otherwise). I didn't realise the building bought the account, not me, how silly.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

syntaxfunction posted:

Imagine me wanting to use my Netflix account at my house, and also when I visit my partner (who doesn't use it otherwise). I didn't realise the building bought the account, not me, how silly.

I’ve done this before and it works fine?

Edit: just getting caught up on the details, and apparently you would have to request a temporary token to allow you to login from another household lmao.

I thought they were just not allowing your login to be used from multiple IPs at once, but this is absurd.

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 2, 2023

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Yes, and under the new rules it won't, because it's a separate location, and therefore won't "connect to the home network". So it did work, they want it to not, even tho it's an extremely common and justified use.

Nuts and Gum posted:

Edit: just getting caught up on the details, and apparently you would have to request a temporary token to allow you to login from another household lmao.

I thought they were just not allowing your login to be used from multiple IPs at once, but this is absurd.

Yeah, bingo, it's fucken nuts. I don't even share my password and I will be affected lmao

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Smugworth posted:

Bidenflation much?

Biden told Netflix to stop letting families share accounts. SCORE ONE FOR THE BIG GUY

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I like Amazon Prime because anybody can upload their lovely movie to Amazon for free so there is a bunch of awesome Sci-Fi and Fantasy movies, and by awesome I mean insanely fuckin bad.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I like Amazon Prime because anybody can upload their lovely movie to Amazon for free so there is a bunch of awesome Sci-Fi and Fantasy movies, and by awesome I mean insanely fuckin bad.

This has always been my go to for lovely indie movies and really low rent found footage horror.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

If you want someone to hurt you just ask big beef city.. you don't have to hurt yourself

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
We can't ask BBC he got probed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Treecko posted:

We can't ask BBC he got probed

*rattles tin can up and down cell bars*