Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

meatbag posted:

In all universes, Albion goes to India.

Prester John, the croctapus. Sounds good. India.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hell yeah let's go to India

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

We've learned all about how this "Hannibal" crossed the "Alps," how much worse could invading over these mountains possibly be?

India

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
We've secured our corner, now to sweep down the entire flank. Onwards to India!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

India of course, but unify the steppes before hand

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

AtomikKrab posted:

India of course, but unify the steppes before hand

Yeah, I plan on trying Lancelots once per lifetime to try and take out the mongol horde and forming the Albion Empire, otherwise it's a matter of grinding south.

Oddly, I've never tried a world conquest in any CK game, I tend to try and play more realistically.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
-62 on the spy master, eh. You like playing with fire.

But if you can sway her before she kills you in a fit of pique, it's generally good to have the best spy master available.

Are you OK with Lance handling his own marriage? Because the AI doing weird/dumb poo poo with marriages is the biggest problem with landing an heir before majority; they won't even necessarily honor a good betrothal, should you have set one up.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Grey Hunter posted:

Yeah, I plan on trying Lancelots once per lifetime to try and take out the mongol horde and forming the Albion Empire, otherwise it's a matter of grinding south.

Oddly, I've never tried a world conquest in any CK game, I tend to try and play more realistically.

Independece wars in CK3 can be pretty brutal. I have like 2/3 of Europe, a LOT of gold, and am looking at 2x my numbers just on disloyal kinglets. Debating loading an earlier save so I can trigger the independence war with just a couple of large vassals so they can't join a later rebellion

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I keep forgetting about the mercenaries screen, though. If you have vast sums of gold, don't sleep on them, they can help you win those wars.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

From - Lord Admiral Grey Hunter,
To - Her Royal Highness, Empress of the Croctapus Empire.

A new century calls for a new war! Ever expanding the empire for you, mu highness!

They are quickly joined by the Khovsgoil forces.

It won't help them.

We send half our army against all their forces.

Our forces go in peace-meal.

We suffer a rare defeat.

They then march up to deal with the rest of our forces.

Our men are slaughtered! Maybe the peasant general was not a good idea – he's not even dressed for war!

We are not out of this war however, as we reform our forces.

This time, they come in devided.

And this time, we are the ones doing the slaughtering.

We steal a fancy axe from them.

We continue to set the war to rights.

Another daughter comes of age.

We seem to have a lack of good marriage options, so she is married off to a courtier.

We take the heir and win the war.

The Khovsgols have been weakened, and need to be punished for taking up arms against us. War is immediately declared on them.

They have not even had chance to disband their armies from the first war.

Two men alone make it from the field.

Now those are some pretty borders!

We make sure to land up Gwain's Son in law.

Then we make up another fancy title.

I make moves to tighten our grip on the tribes.

With the levees replenished, it's time to take a chunk from the large Gobi-Altai tribe.

They are nothing compared to the Kingdom of Albion however!

Gwain is wounded in battle. It's only a flesh wound, and the physician has it patched up almost immediately.

He carried on to win the battle.

Our forces give chase, and they run around the mountain range and back onto our smaller army besieging their lands.

This allows us to force another battle.

It's hard fought, but Albion did not prevail that day.

We rebuild our forces once more, and try again!

The fighting is hard once more.

This time, numbers carry the day!

These peasant are always revolting! Maybe it's because we are forcing them to change their religion and culture!

These guys can wait, they are not a kingdom toppling threat.

Especially when Taibuka decides there is no point in continuing the pointless resistance.

Time for a long march.

Gwain is fifty now.

Lancelot is twenty six, and more of a educated bookkeeper than a warrior.

The next generation is secure with baby Gwain II. Interestingly, it has taken three generations of interbreeding with the locals for the Arthurian blond hair to disappear, and Gwain looks a lot more like the Albion his is than his Anglo-saxon ancestors.

I guess the fact that there are plenty of Anglo-saxons knocking around has helped. But I digress into genology! Where was I in my report?

Oh yes, the peasants are no longer revolting.

Another knight is recruited, though the days of having to force convert them to Christianity are long gone!

Now this guys knows how to make allies!

We move on to easier prey.

We've tried just asking them, but no one is interested in peacefully joining Albion. Something about a monster in the dungeon that eats people – I've been down here for a century and a half and never seen it!

Once again, Shityy is called in to fight us.

They have no chance of changing the outcome, but it is annoying.

How many times to I have to put you back in your place?

Somehow Lancelot is captured!

This overshadows Tsymzidma's coming of age party. And her wedding a few days later.

Not even stealing a fancy sceptre can lighten Gwain's mood.

The son in law dies in battle.

The prince's imprisonment is not a long one.

The war comes to an end with the expected victory for Albion.

It's time to finally end the Shityy wars.

This will not be a long war.

It's a rather short one actually.

This then leaves Kropot completely surrounded. I send a letter allowing them to join us. They refuse, so war is our only option.

The ruler must have been a pious man – or a rich one – as he calls a holy order into the war that is five times his own army's size!

We still outnumber them two to one however.

They fight well, as religious zealots are want to do, but the end is without doubt.

That's better!

Interestingly, Lancelot has a lot of trust in young Gwain, as he has made the five year old a earl!

Good boy!

Wulfgyth keep on having children.

We create another duchy.

Albion is a major power now, only the Kirghiz Khanate can match them in size. We will have to deal with them one day.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
The peasants are no longer revolting? I disagree. They will always be revolting! And disgusting. They are no longer attacking us nobles in rebellion but…

What? They just declared conflict again? Against me? I can’t imagine why! Peasants! Who can understand their despicable ways?

What? This is my fault? You insult my honor and I demand satisfaction! It’s a duel!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

achtungnight posted:

The peasants are no longer revolting? I disagree. They will always be revolting! And disgusting. They are no longer attacking us nobles in rebellion but…

What? They just declared conflict again? Against me? I can’t imagine why! Peasants! Who can understand their despicable ways?

What? This is my fault? You insult my honor and I demand satisfaction! It’s a duel!

It's a constant mystery!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The hell are the pratiharas even doing up here anyway

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

If some Karaite Jewish scholar made the trip all the way from the middle east or europe or north africa to explain religion to the king then I guess anyone can.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
So are we going to get our first proof of intelligent* extraterrestrial life from an archeological dig in a middle ages Mongolia trash dump, because when Croc sent his courtiers to "reverse polarity on the ionic transformer communications system to envoy this message", they nodded their heads and dropped them in the nearest latrine?

*Well, maybe not the sender...

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"Myths of dragons are usually thought to arise from uncovered fossils of extinct genera that had no contemporary endemic species. Here gestures to a partial croctopus skeleton the legends of a 'dragon' in the court of Albion seemingly arose from what appears to be an Asiatosuchus skull that was remarkably well preserved, discovered in the old donjon of the former imperial keep..."

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Petition to make GORLOG a permanent vassal

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
If we were going to do that we should have done it with Shityy.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

inflatablefish posted:

If we were going to do that we should have done it with Shityy.

I was going to but Grey got to them before I could lobby

Also GORLOG is a cool name

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

We find a single county that we can walk over. I am ever expanding our holdings here.

Okay, this might have been overkill.

We do some nice looting as we end the war.

The king gives out the new land.

Next up, we turn our eyes to Gorlog.

They will be more of a challenge – but only slightly.

Our vassals are fighting amongst themselves, and their actions cost us a grandson.

We focus on winning our own war.

Which is going well of course. Why would it not?

Gwain is a bit of a party pooper!

The most annoying thing at the moment is the constant forming and breaking of plots to do nasty things to the country – everyone is unhappy, but not enough to actually do anything.

We turn our attention to Gobi-Altai, and we outnumber them four to one.

We swarm into their territory. There are so many different armies in this mix.

This soon sorts itself into a more manageable mess.

Though many people call him a fool, Gwain is now a living legend, his name known across the continent!

He keeps adding to his name with more glorious victories – orchestrated by me in your name of course!

We have so many suits of armour knocking around the place.

The peasants are at it again.

We'll get to you. Just you wait!

We quickly end the southern war.

Good luck guys!

Baron Kolo, the current Physician, dies, and almost immediately, a man with a drill turns up offering to drill into the kings head! We send him packing, but I am disgusted to find this practices has a name – Trepanning!
Get me out of this backwards hellhole, your majesty!

There is a time of enforced peace, and Gwain starts working on making his empire stronger.

We want to move to a slightly more advanced form of government, but apparently the kinds holdings are not developed enough.

I did not realise we were so backwards!

We set the steward on improving this, but it will take some time!

The Queen has been travelling the defences.

One of the annoying truces ends, and a new target opens up.

We take only the retinue this time.

They are more than enough.

The new lands are given to a grandson.

The king switches to stewardship to help improve his realm.

Gwain is an old man now, but he has a son in position.

We are now in an interesting position where the only place we can expand without breaking a truce is into the Khanate.

We ready ourselves for our largest war yet.....

Yours,
Grey Hunter

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The Khan is waiting for your war. Dun dun dunnnn…

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

This war Khan or Khanate be won, there is no Kant

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Is croctopus worried about the trepanning because it's bad medical practice, or because they might find the control chip?

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

Trepanning is one of the oldest known surgical procedures in human history. When done for the right reasons (elevated intracranial pressure, usually due to internal bleeding), it’s still the standard of care, although we use more sophisticated techniques than a hammer and chisel these days.

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
Wait, did the heir have another religion?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Iceblocks posted:

I did not notice that.
There was a heresy, so he may have gone down the line.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Iceblocks posted:

I guess you coul;d say he's a heiritc

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Oh fortuitous day your highness! The Khan has died, and left his right year old son in charge!

We take a risk – declaring a holy war for a entire kingdom will rile up the Tengrists, but will allow this ageing king to use his last once in a lifetime conquest.

We move into their lands.

We spread out and start beseigeing their cities.

I am no longer puppeteering a nobody – everyone has heard of the Pendragons!

Gwain treats himself to a fancy book.

It's a fancy anatomy text.

Inside it is a note for some secret knowledge – and the old man cannot resist.

It's creepy stuff, but at least he's learning.

He has to turn to his Archbishop to understand it all.

Gwain is a man of action, this reading thing is a bit to much for him.

So he takes a break in a whorehouse.

You know how it is, sometimes you have to take your mind off a problem to properly understand it.

Unfortunately, he comes back with more than fresh insights.....

At least everyone likes the fancy banner we have.

Honestly, the man's health is a mess.

Now where was I, oh yes! The war!

It's going well!

Things get interesting – a large chunk of what we are trying to conquer breaks off and declares Independence. The new nation of Tuva says they are not the war target, and apparently simian honour says we have to go with that.

So we focus on destroying the Khanate.

Aid from other Tengrid nations arrives, and one of our armies is destroyed.

Then a second – we were spread out taking land, not ready to deal with a huge army like this.

They are to late – even as their force marches on Gwain's army, they breach the walls of the Khanate capital and take the Khan prisoner – allowing us to force an end to the war days before things went disastrously wrong.

That was a close one! Let me tell you your highness!

Of course, now we need to deal with Tuva, as we cannot allow our lands to not be connected!

First we create and hand out new titles.

A grandson is found to make an Earl.

This seems fitting.

It seems that Lancelot has a wasting disease that is beyond anyone's ability to cure.

Is there anyone in the Pendragon court who is not sick? Thankfully I'm immune to all of their simple pathogens.

Desperate times need desperate measures.

This time it's successful!

The cancer has been diagnosed late, and it's not long before the heir dies.

Once again it seems I'm going from “advising” a old king to a young king.

It's time to connect up our lands.

This makes Gwain feel better already!

Our forces surge forwards.

An epic battle develops.

At two to one, it's obviously going to be a victory for your forces.

The newly conquered Khantates are revolting! They are siting the difference in skymen as their reason, but a whole slew of new vassals are rising up!

The whole situation is looking dangerous! They have a lot of men.

I order our men condescend into one army, while we concentrate in knocking Tuva out of the war.

We mop up for of their army. This means it's only a matter of time until they surrender.

We then march north and engage one of the rebel armies.

Gwain is not happy at this uprising – peasants we can understand, given their lot in life, but these men just have to accept a different ruler – not a single enemy soldier is allowed to leave the battlefield of Tiberkul, as a warning not to rise up against the Pendragons.

Another battle against a small Tuva forces captures their heir, ending that war.

The rebels rush to condense their forces as our army marches forth.

They fail.

The leader of the uprising is captured in battle, and the whole sorry affair is brought to an end.

Look how your lands expand, your highness.

An opportunity has formed – but we need to conquer Gorlog to bring it to reality.

As we march into their lands, we ransom the rebels back for huge piles of gold.

Some of this is put into sponsoring a new artefact.

The old illness flares up again. I'm not sure if the king and queen are not just infecting each other at this point in a constant cycle.

The war with Gorlog doesn't even see a battle.

Albion is strong, but it's about to get stronger.

First Gwain declares two new kingdom titles to his name. Then the shock of the cerimony, as the Archbishiop brings forth a even more fancy crown.

The Empire of Albion has been born.
In your name, I am doing great things.

Your's
Grey Hunter

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
A real tale of tragedy and triumph this update.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Hmm, wonder if this guy has been around for a while...

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

achtungnight posted:

A real tale of tragedy and triumph this update.

Yeah, The holy war was close, and the Civil war took some timing to win.
A sensibleplay would be to stop expanding and lock the country down, but I still have one war to the south before enforced peace covers all my borders.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Your highness, these simians do not last long, Gwain's eyes are failing him.

There is still use for him however, as we can continue to expand the nation.

The first battle goes poorly, as an army gets ahead of the main force crossing the mountains and is defeated, and it's commander captured.

Long term however, this is only a small hickup.

My diagnostics tell me we must ready for a succession.

The Queen is first to go however.

This does not help Gwain's mental health, as he was actually quite fond of her.

He stops eating, no one can get him to have more than a few mouthfuls of food.

Meanwhile the war has been progressing well, and more land is taken for the Empire.

There is one last major change the king can make – Albion is now a feudal society.

While this has a few drawbacks, namely halving the number of troops that the king can call upon, it will allow us to advance technologically more rapidly.

This is his last major act, a few months later he passes away, the great pox that had been with him since a young man finally claiming his life.

His Grandson, Gwain II takes the throne. At least I don't have to remember another name!

More money is immediately spent on the court.

Then someone comes to court with the finger bones of the emperor! The cheek of this peddler, bringing the Emperor his recently dead grandfathers fingers!

Arresting this this gravedigger is apparently not an option! So Gwain is forced to buy the entire stock to stop his grandfathers bones being spread across the nation!

Wait, how many fingers do humans have again? I lose count as it's more than the standard one.

Anyway, Gwain is a good all rounder, and I should have many years of puppeteering him ahead of me.

There is also a grandson, named after Gwain's late father.

Gwain immediately gets to making friends.

He also adds a new title to his name.

Then celebrates again.

Young Lancelot defiantly seems to be taking to being born to the purple.

Vassals prostrate themselves in front of their new Emperor.

Gwain's first war comes at the same time the Empress announces her pregnancy.

This is not much of a war, as you may guess.

Gwain is apparently trying to ingratiate himself to the Pope – the skyman's apparent representative on earth - by learning his language.

He's successful.

I'm not sure if that's the babies name, or someone sneezed.

Apparently the court is not grand enough for an Emperor of Gwain's standing, so he spends more money on bringing up the standards.

The next war target is lined up.

Days later, Tuva declairs war on us as well!

Suddenly we're in a proper fight!

While the battles are not much of a worry – apparently as a feudal lord, we actually have to pay our troops? This makes a massive hole in the budget quickly!

Another daughter is born.

We push to finish a war before the Empire is completely bankrupted!

The war we declared is all but forgotten.

We finally get the Tuvan forces into a battle.

We win.

This allows us to force a peace.

A gift from the Pope will clear our debts.

Another subject swears fealty, but Anglic is not his native language, and what he says is apparently a bit rude. Gwain does not embarrass him though.

There is another religious rebellion.

Can we just conquer that one drat county?

The cook is not happy that his wine has been stolen.

The Queen gives birth to a son.

I decide to actaully finish the war we started, before the enemy win by default.

A small force from one of our allies is doing an exceptional job of distracting a huge bulk of the rebel forces.

We sack the city in the south and seize a crown. This finally brings this war to a close!

The Peasants give Gwain a gift – apparently in the parts of the Empire war is not raging, life is good. Unfortunately for them, there is a war on, so Gwain asks for more contributions.

More wine is stolen – but rather than drinking the whole lot herself, the nine year old returns it.

We take some of the rebel holdings.

Meanwhile, these five hundred men are tying up five times their number.

Sneeze seems to have contracted some form of skin disease, though she jokes that it makes her look more like me! I'm getting on well with this little girl.

This supplicant literally throws herself at the feet of Gwain.

Gwain and Mildrith welcome their fifth child.

After years of marching around, we are finally able to bring the rebels to battle.

And we get the victory we were assured.

We need better locks on our cellar – apparently the kids around here are hardened alcoholics! Either that or it's the new in thing to anger up the cook.

We are finally able to bring the Tengri uprising to an end.

It seems like longer than four years!

The leader is executed as a warning to the others, who are then ransomed off for either money to clear the war debt, or forced to convert, making this kind of uprising less likely in the future.

The budget is restored, and Gwain is a well respected man. Though I will have to report that the losses to our troops will take some time to replenish.

Yours,
Grey Hunter.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Grey Hunter posted:

Sneeze seems to have contracted some form of skin disease, though she jokes that it makes her look more like me! I'm getting on well with this little girl.

Now that will have been an awkward conversation between the king and his wife.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Thats a lot of alcohol getting stolen, well you will need to get some economy built up so you can fund your wars,

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Your highness, money seems to be more important, so I order the closest to strip mining these primitives can perform.

People continue to bend the knee to Emperor Gwain II

The Emperor himself is taking the time to learn his ancestors language.

Our western enemies have allied with each other, and I don't really want to take them on at this time.

So we look south over the mountains.

The Khan ingratiates himself to Gwain my learning Mongolic. It makes sense, it is the main language spoken across the empire.

We finally see the enemy army in the south.

We try and force a decisive battle.

Which we do – and we win handily.

A quick siege ends the war.

We marry off Lancelot and make him the lord of the new lands to the south.

The prisoners are either ransomed for cash or forced to convert.

We also improve the authority of the crown.

We also milk the bank of god.

Oh yeah, you live a thousand miles away, what do you think you can do?

Lancelot comes of age, and despite being a brilliant strategist and a holy warrior, is a bit disappointing as a potential ruler.

We find the money to get more catapults.

Things have swung in our favour against Tuva,so we will go to war for a county.

After a few months of seiges, we manoeuvrer for battle.

They keep avoiding us, so we go back to seiging them out.

Then we get in on them.

Things do not go as planned, and we take heavy losses. We are forced to pull back and replenish our forces for a few months before going in again.

This time we catch their armies split.

That's better!

Apparently Gwain is not well recognised – all these humans tend to look the same to me anyway.

They go off and get reinforcements, and our forces are forced to retreat.

Apparently our losses have given the Tengri populists a chance to ready themselves, as another uprising begins.

Loyal Christian vassals begin to raise their forces, but things are looking a bit grim, let me tell you!

Forces begin to form up.

Sneeze comes of age.

She is married off for a much needed alliance!

A battle begins, it starts poorly for us, but wave after wave of reinforcements come in.

Victory is ours.

This is enough to bring Tuva to heel. Now to focus on the rebellion.

Time to march south!

A Liberty faction turns our rebellion into rebellions.

The whole of Albion swarms with armies.

During the battle we capture the leader of the Tengri uprising, ending the war.

This apparently is not enough to put down the need of the Tengri to fight, as another leader immediately continues the war.

Another daughter brings in another alliance.

Lancelot is captured in one of the many side battles.

Money is short, so we ask the Pope for more cash. Apparently Gwain is not “excommunicated” - which apparently means he;s not allowed to go to heaven. This is apparently a bad thing.

Our vassals win enough battles for us to end the second Tengri uprising.

Now we have the issue that our armies are battered, and the enemy are besieging the capital – I did think it was a but noisy out there!

Apparently Gwain cannot get here before they take the city. When it falls, I eat the first person they send in, and they just block me in as normal.

Gwain is forced to wait and rebuild our forces.

We do besiege a city with the help of a vassals army.

Diplomacy is going on behind the scenes, as the Queen is able to get one of the Liberty faction members to give up on the war.

Things are happening slowly, but our allies are forming up on our position.

Gwains' youngest son comes of age.

Literal years pass before our forces are able to engage the enemy. They do not feed me, so every so often I have to sneak up and eat one of my jailers.

Thankfully, news comes of a victory.

The peasants join the near constant uprisings.

But they are smashed almost instantly by loyalist forces.

The wars have been going on so long, the Tengri gind themselves a new leader!

A daughter comes of age in prison.

Gwain has been at war so long that his people are feeling neglected, he is forced to hold court in a local lords castle.

They are not exactly pressing matters!

Another half century has passed, and I shall report on the world as I understand it – Arthur's old country has formed a nation called England and holds most of the island, several other kingdoms are forming as the chaos of the previous two centuries seems to be coming to and end.

Not for us however, Albion is all chaos, all the time.

News comes of a great battle – and the Gwain has lost a leg in battle, and been maimed so much he must wear a mask in public!

The battle is a victory,

But news comes that the wound is infected.

Treatment does not go well.

The Emperor dies, and a likewise Mauled Lancelot takes the throne.

Please send those troops – they must be near by now!

Yours,
Grey Hunter!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Big fan of Marrake

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Poor Croctopus!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Your Highness, strange things have happened during the succession – apparently all male rulers get a share of the inheritance! We've not run into this in the last two hundred years, so no one told me.
While Lancelot is the Emperor, Stigand is now a king.

And a king who does not like us – I make moves to improve the relations between the brothers.

There is still the tenth civil war to deal with!

We manage to destroy a rebel army.

Another Gwain is being groomed for Emperorship. I do wish they were a bit more inventive with their names.

At least Lancelot's wounds are healing.

Not that he is the most healthy of people! He;s also missing a leg!

****Childish Sniggers*****

Well, that solves the bad blood between the brothers.

We have a few years before Aelfwine is a problem.

Bum dies in childbirth, sparing you many childish jokes.

Lancelot decides to wait on a more prestigious bride.

The Pendragon dynasty continues to gain a reputation for warfare.

The war comes to a sudden end – the best I can figure out, the leader of the revolt was killed fighting an army of raiders that was taking advantage of the chaos in Albion. Without a leader, the revolt fails.

We execute the second in command instead.

After what feels like two decades, Albion is at peace.

The Emperor holds court for the first time properly, and is subjected to some rather rauncy readings from one of his younger sisters.

His pre-teen sister talking about heaving bosoms has a resounding affect on the mental stability of the chaste Emperor.

He turns to drugs – maybe also to help with the pain of his numerous wounds and gout.

The Kingdom's finances are in a poor state.

Lancelot is forced to make cut at court.

Then somehow things get worse for the Emperor's health – as he catches smallpox, a rather deadly local disease.

The Emperors health is to fragile for more than basic help.

Thankfully, things seem to go well.

He soon makes a full recovery!

Court is held once more. Peasants waste his time over which mud pit of a village is better.

Albion culture is celibrated.

A homeless child is found a home.

With exercise not an option, Lancelot puts on weight.

With no money for major wars, things go quiet. People don't even recognise the metal masked one legged Emperor. The stupidity of these people!

This is a much needed injection of cash.

Itlar works on easing the Emperor's gout.

The Khanate has collapsed! This is most joyous news!

We can afford this war if we only raise the retinue!

Altana was married of matrilineally, and has given broth to twins. One of them is of course named Gwain.

Our forces march in.

Victory is all but assured!

It's only a county, but it's more land.

The Pendragon's are getting more famous!

Another war!

The Heir (Yes, Gwain) is turning our to be a brave lad. I however was having a bit of private time in there!

More Taxes you say?

It has been a dull few years as the retinue chase down the enemy army – in the end I get annoyed and order more troops raised – drat the costs!

Lancelot married his young bride, and another son has been born.

Our forces are able to march north.

A hostage is taken, and the war ended.

After the civil wars, the time of peace has been needed, if a little dull.

Yours.
Grey Hunter.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Things are going well I see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

These primitives just keep breeding agwain and agwain :jerkbag: