Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Veotax posted:

Agh, drat it. I didn't catch the switch itself rotating, just everything around it.

Thanks!

I think they dropped the ball on visual clarity in puzzles. Another gripe I have is with the wire puzzles, the blue and green colored wire tags look too similar to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

sebmojo posted:

is there any indication ss2 enhanced is going to be more than ss2 with a few texture and sound mods? i played that a while back and it's a blast, so i think that would be fine.

Yeah, that's literally all i want from ss2 enhanced.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."

mirarant posted:

I think they dropped the ball on visual clarity in puzzles. Another gripe I have is with the wire puzzles, the blue and green colored wire tags look too similar to me.

Agreed, they can be really difficult to visually parse. Apart from that I've been really enjoying it - I wasn't too keen on the visual style to start with but it's really grown on me and I think it looks great.

I've made it down to the reactor level and still finding it hard to believe that not only did this game get released but its actually good!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I really love the art style, personally. Reminiscent of the original but with just enough in there to not feel too janky. Gives me big Prodeus vibes, which is excellent.

It’s been a long seven (Jesus gently caress really seven years?) but the wait was worth it so far.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
I'm almost 3 hours in now. Think I'm close to done with the first level of the ship/station. I've gotten it down to 0% security; is there any reason to do that? Also I found a log at some point that mentioned an armoury code in the medbay but I don't remember where that door is.

I'm sure I've missed a bunch of goodies as well.

I like the art style for the most part but having that apartment intro where you want to read all the stuff around the apartment and going close up to it was a bit off putting but generally I'm not inspecting things close up like that in regular gameplay.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

There are sometimes doors that require 0% security to open, and I think it might reduce enemy spawns? (I might be imagining this).

On the map any key code doors have an icon so you can find them again a bit easier.

Edit: For anyone who never played the original here are a couple of basic tips:
  • Take a note of any codes you find and what they are for - this will save you having to go through logs to re-find them when you need them
  • Sometimes codes aren't in logs but are displayed on monitors
  • On each level there are Cyborg Conversion chambers. There will be a way to switch these off and they will then respawn you if you die - you don't lose any items or progress
  • Quite a few weapons can have different ammo types and some weapons or ammo types work better against specific enemies
  • There are weapon upgrade vending machines that you can find to get permanent upgrades to your weapons
  • If a door is locked due to security then reducing the security level should allow you to open it

Fake Name fucked around with this message at 12:26 on May 31, 2023

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Yeah, the logs you pick up aren't organised into importance and don't always have meaningful names.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

how do you look through the different messages you pick up? finding the interface for that a little opaque. Loving the game though, and the music is great - general spooky ambient then delicious jolts of 90s hardcore

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

sebmojo posted:

how do you look through the different messages you pick up? finding the interface for that a little opaque. Loving the game though, and the music is great - general spooky ambient then delicious jolts of 90s hardcore

If you go into your Inventory there are little tabs at the bottom to change the page to see what biomods you have, the overall status of the station and logs etc. On the logs page you can switch between floors but all of the voice and text logs are just a big list with the newest logs at the bottom (I think that's how it's ordered anyway)

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Wanderer posted:

I thought so too, but they're classified as junk items if you drop one on the floor and inspect it. I'm guessing the names on them are backers from the Kickstarter, because some of the names are quite obviously somebody's Internet handle.

Kickstarter baited again :argh:

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

I'm almost 3 hours in now. Think I'm close to done with the first level of the ship/station. I've gotten it down to 0% security; is there any reason to do that? Also I found a log at some point that mentioned an armoury code in the medbay but I don't remember where that door is.

I'm sure I've missed a bunch of goodies as well.

I like the art style for the most part but having that apartment intro where you want to read all the stuff around the apartment and going close up to it was a bit off putting but generally I'm not inspecting things close up like that in regular gameplay.

If you don't care about minor exploration spoilers:

The armory you're looking for is in the south parth of the area. It's in a hallway just south of the recycler.

In that particular level at 0% security theres a secret door in the east/southeast part of the level with a magnum in it. The original game came out around the same time as doom and this game is very similar to the original, so wallhumping for secrets is a thing in this game

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I wish I could join you guys but I'm part of the minority dealing with BackerKit not handing out the right code, I'm sure the situation would be fixed eventually but it sucks.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Dyz posted:

The armory you're looking for is in the south parth of the area. It's in a hallway just south of the recycler.

In that particular level at 0% security theres a secret door in the east/southeast part of the level with a magnum in it. The original game came out around the same time as doom and this game is very similar to the original, so wallhumping for secrets is a thing in this game

There's a ton of secrets I know I've missed already, what with being handed some ammo for that. Also, bit miffed I already ran out of ammo for the shotgun and just dumped it in the cargo lift.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Do items persist in the ground? Not sure that I need to carry the pipe with me now that I have a wrench, but I also don’t really care to use valuable cargo life space.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

TheMostFrench posted:

Made it to Research deck! and got mobbed by 4 mutants in the elevator, then the elevator music just kept playing while I walked back there :(]

You're not alone. So far that's been my favorite part of this game.

I've yet to hit a lot of stuff that feels like an immersive sim, but it's fun.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I never played SS1, just 2. And drat this game is hard, I'm always low or out of health. I feel like a lot of enemies are big health sponges though. Bumbling though storage atm. Also I totally didn't push the game over button by accident.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
the fact that they even kept the game over button in it means i just ordered it off the steam app to play when I get home lol

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Dyz posted:

This is the first level or Research?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Power Walrus posted:

Do items persist in the ground? Not sure that I need to carry the pipe with me now that I have a wrench, but I also don’t really care to use valuable cargo life space.

Yeah, the game tracks everything like stuff you dropped and enemy position.

It does seem to do the latter by respawning the corpse on load-in, though, so everything lands in a heap when you enter the room/load a save. It's made me waste ammo a couple of times.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

This is the first level or Research?

The first level, medical.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Is there any rhyme or reason to which enemies blow up in your face if you use the laser rapier? For example I wanted to dab on hoppers but they exploded in my face, but some other robots didn't.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Not a big fan of the cyberspace parts but the rest is awesome. Loved SS2 and replayed it several times but never the original so this is right up my alley.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
How do you lean using the gamepad?

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Anyone know what the four levers in a row in Research Labs are for?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Anyone know what the four levers in a row in Research Labs are for?

If it's what I'm thinking it is, those are the circuit breakers for Alpha, Beta, Delta, and Gamma Quadrants.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

One thing that's frustrating in this game is that for the puzzles you don't snap to a fixed more static interface to interact with them. That's one thing Prey did well.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

One thing that's frustrating in this game is that for the puzzles you don't snap to a fixed more static interface to interact with them. That's one thing Prey did well.

That's a menu option.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo posted:

Looks like this is a controller issue: controller support is a little ropey, hope they can fix that.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Dyz posted:

I did end up finding the armoury by going to the markers on the map.

Good to know on that second spoiler.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I know they re-recorded all the audio logs, but did they add new ones as well? I feel like a lot of the SHODAN ones are new unless my memory is just really bad, but I feel her "a god, I like this title" would've stuck with me

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

At the advice of someone on the KS page I got to the Nightdive Discord where a mod took my details about my missing digital code and apologized that this will probably only get fixed tomorrow.
Just letting anyone checking this thread know in case we got more people with similar issues. Get to the Discord INSECT

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Looks like you can still get revived to a different floor even if haven't deactivated cyborg conversion on the current level? Don't remember being able to die in Maintenance or Reactor levels and then get revived on Research.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yeah that was death before

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Aces High posted:

I know they re-recorded all the audio logs, but did they add new ones as well? I feel like a lot of the SHODAN ones are new unless my memory is just really bad, but I feel her "a god, I like this title" would've stuck with me

Ther absolutely is from the original. It was one of the more memorable ones.

In fact when it started playing I smiled from nostalgia.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

drat, Reactor level got hands.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Aces High posted:

There's one I don't remember talking about (SS2 spoilers, I guess) a nearby wormhole. Is this them trying to patch up the whole "wait, how did SHODAN end up on Tau Ceti at sub-light speed?" hole?

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
Anyone know of something that works better against hoppers then the phaser?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Checking out some Steam reviews today to see what others think since I followed the development for a while before the demo came out.

There was one negative review, similar to some websites, saying that the level design was out of date and frustrating. It was along the lines of "This isn't like any kind of place an actual person would live in, it makes zero sense".

In game I found a data stick of someone emailing their co-worker, saying they found exec notes that the station was intentionally designed to trigger anxiety and stress so that it could be used to gather data on working in space.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

I love all the big chunky geometry on all the doors and walls. Just :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Anyone know where the inventory extensions are?

EDIT: Found the one in Storage 6!

Old Doggy Bastard fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jun 1, 2023