Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS

"Wo... Oww! This is a lot of Vermik!"

Camryn grimaced as he didn't quite manage to put down one of his many attackers. Nonetheless, he continued pushing ahead to split up the beasts a bit and limit how many were attacking him at once.

Fierce Attack SE Vermik: 3d10o10k1+3 9 (JDV on 3-15: 1d100 61)
morale spent
E1

Level up:
Stat: +1 VIT please
Talent: Grit please
Proficiency: Historical Lore please

My luck was a lot better when Gravedust was rolling for me :(

LLSix fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Nell - Clearing the Cisterns

Nell glares at the stuck crank, rattles the toolbox, and grumbles contemplatively. "I think this one's stuck."

She tries a few tools at random, but can't figure out an approach that would seem to do anything. Even the wrenches are no help, because they just slip right off the rim. "If only my son Mullney was here, he'd figure it out. He's a real whiz with things like this, and strong, too. ... Xelek, right? I think you'd like him if you met him."

After some seemingly unsuccessful fiddling, Nell takes a step over to look over the sluice gate itself, and also wait for the others to catch up.

Action: try fixing the sluice control without any aptitude or clue what's wrong with it, 1d10+0=6 I wouldn't be surprised if something is blocking the sluice and needs to be handled first, or otherwise "fix the sluice control" isn't a valid action, but I figured that as long as I'm writing it in fluff I'd might as well roll for it anyway.
Move: E1

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

'Let me ssseee if I can help you with thattt...'

Move 3S 4E

Help Nell turn the sluice gate wheel: 1d10 10

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Seauffer Leuppah - [ SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS ]

About as soon as Seauffer spotted the sudden magical appearance of Percy's Sentry Spark floating among the towering stalks nearby, a coterie of Vermik emerged and charged at Seauffer and her teammates with much commotion, if her ears could be believed.

"Hah! Have at'cha!" Seauffer barked, slashing her sword at the nearest snarling beast and withdrawing to the north.

A slight tingle from somewhere between her brow felt to the tuk like she was activating something alchemical within her soul.

Seauffer:
> Action: Attack E Vermik with Militia Longsword!: 1d10+2 7
> Move: 2N, 2E.
> LEVEL UP: +1VIT, & learn Talent: Inspiration!

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Daeron Stormborne - [Clearing the Cisterns]

Daeron moved to cover the southern door allowing for everyone to get ready to go through the door.

"Not sure we have the required tools to seal a tunnel, friend. But definitely, need to add it to the report. "

Orders:

After Xelek's turn: Move 4S, 3E If Hostile in Range, use wand. If hostile would be in range by continuing south move south and shoot hostile.Use Wand: 1d10o10+2 6

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
[ ===== TREASURE HUNTING AT THE BARROWS ===== ]

Gharoch and Clove's wand and bolt respectively dispatch another grub, which also explodes with yet another disgusting pop and noxious cloud.

The sudden explosion of Bobby-Jack's powder charge punches everyone with a wave of noise and air. A hail of fine stone chips and dust rains down from above as the blast rattles the walls and ceiling of the ancient mausoleum. One of the Woodeaters is spared the force of the explosion by sheer luck, but the two others are left dazed and reeling. They teeter forward on their stubby legs to attack, more whipping their heads like maces than trying to bite.

Gharoch: {Residuum}
Gharoch ---o Woodeater Grub (9)(+2 Bonus)(-0 armor)(11 damage)
Clove >--> Woodeater Grub (8)(-0 armor)(8 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
Bobby-Jack: Old Powder Bomb
{
Vs. Woodeater Grub (8)(-0 Armor)(8 damage)
Vs. Woodeater Grub (1) :automiss:
Vs. Woodeater Grub (10)(-0 Armor)(10 damage)
}
Darcy >>>> Woodeater Grub (2)(-0 armor)(2 damage)
---------------------------------------------------------
Woodeater Grub >>>> Darcy(4)(-1 Armor)( 3 damage)
Woodeater Grub >>>> Darcy(2)(-1 Armor)( 1 damage)
Woodeater Grub >>>> Bobby-Jack(7)(-0 Armor)(3 damage(capped))

Gravedust fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 16, 2023

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
==== [Vermik Trapping For the Arena] ====

Two more beetles crumple under the fusillade of bolts and want blasts.
Remmvi clicks her teeth at a particularly satisfying shot. "This is being much better! Let's be getting this last one and the we should be flushing the tunnels."

Korrigath ---o Digger Beetle (4)(+2 Bonus)(-2 armor)(4 damage)
Slid >--> Digger Beetle (7)(+1RA)(-2 armor)(6 damage)
Witchlily >--> Digger beetle (10)(-2 armor)(8 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
Remmvi >--> Digger beetle (10)+(2 explosion)+(2 RA)(-2 Armor)(12 damage)(dies)(+4xp)

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Vermik Trapping For The Arena!!

Slid Viscous

Fire on remaining beetle, move 3S, 5E

firing on remaining beetle: 1d10o10+1 8

vorebane fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 16, 2023

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Percy Delawney - Scourge of the Pasturelands

"Oh my! Quite the population here. I wonder how many whelps to a litter..."

As he ponders, Percy directs his arcane construct with a flourish.

Free Action: Move Sentry Spark 1N 1W
Action: Focus 1MP

Edit: Level up - +1Mag +[Quickcast Sentry Spark] +Creature Knowledge
(honestly just set Creature Knowledge = Percy level)

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 17, 2023

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Korrigath - Vermik Trapping

One last zap of the wand, and the Tuur headed in the general direction of the next phase. "Give me a moment to rekindle my mystical spark, or I'll be waving a pointy stick at things to no appreciable effect."

Act: Bzowt wand at beetle 2S 3E: 1d10o10+2 4
Move: 4S 5E

Level Up! +1 MAG
Analyze talent.
Historical Lore proficiency

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 20, 2023

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Bobby Jack - The Barrows

"Oh for the love of..!" Bobby-Jack barked as a badly injured woodeater grub hopped from behind the pillar and slammed its head right on his knee. He managed to counter by jamming his dirk into... something important by his reckoning (Bobby-Jack was no expert in grub anatomy) if the resultant cloud of noxius gasses was anything to go by, but this was not enough to save him from awkwardly tumbling backwards and falling on his rear end.

Well, that's what you get with these cheap discount bombs. Sometimes the powder just kicked up dust more than anything.

Action: Stab Woodeater Grub (1S 1W of my starting position) with my Iron Dirk: 1d10o10 9
Move: 1N

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Silver Jenny - Scourge of the Pasturelands

A glance at Camryn confirms Jenny's suspicions: split the pack, and focus on what they have now before flushing out more. She's still not sure the pale man isn't overextending, but after taking a quick swing at the nearest furry assailant, she retreats to hopefully lure some of them away from him. How do these things think, anyway...? Well, it's a good chance to learn, as if the bite wounds aren't already lesson enough.

Action: Stab SE Vermik: 1d10o10+2 5
Move: 4W
Level Up: +1 Vit, Rally talent, Creature Lore proficiency

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

"Pesky little shites." Seeing additional grubs coming up through the hallway, Darcy put a little distance between himself and that entrance before bringing a foot down on the already near dead grub to finish it off. "Don't suppose you got some sort of massive fireball spell on deck Magic Man? Maybe you can fumigate this crypt out?"

Move: 1W
Order: Finishing off the damaged Grub 1SE 1d10o10 = 2

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Xelek

Xelek frowns as the cistern wheel refuses to budge. Or at least, he frowns if you're able to discern any kind of expression on his face beyond "teeth".

quote:

"If only my son Mullney was here, he'd figure it out. He's a real whiz with things like this, and strong, too. ... Xelek, right? I think you'd like him if you met him."

The movement of Xelek's head as his internal melancholy is disrupted by someone addressing him directly, on the other hand, is more noticeable. He thinks for a moment, stringing the words together in his mind.

"Maybe. The reverse is not likely true." There is an awkward pause. That was not a good response. "I will see if there is something blocking the other side."

E3 S2
Open Door

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Gharoch the Volatile posted:

[020$][20/20HP][03/03MP][MOVE:07]
[00ATK][00DEF][00VIT][00MEC][01MAG]
[0MA][0RA][0Armor][01Rec][01Inf][01Res][01Morale]
[Residuum CD]:[4]

quote:

"Don't suppose you got some sort of massive fireball spell on deck Magic Man? Maybe you can fumigate this crypt out?"
"Tragically my last grimoire was lost in a fire."
"Surprisingly it had nothing to do with my work, but alas all the same."
"probably for the best. bozz and fire don't really mix"
"Some confidant you are."
"just tryin to make sure everyone go's home in one piece"
"Eugh, you've no faith at all, do you."
"not after the last several times, no"
"Let's see you try making the requisite gestures next time, hm?"
"sure, sure. at least then maybe it'd go the right direction"
"Gerald just shoot the grub already."

Move: 1S
Action: (Wand):[W.Grub]:[3S 1W]

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Ruined Temple, Inside
Mission Theme

Magic and bolt tears into the beetle from one side, proving a distraction from her fatal projectile coming from the other. As the large insect twitches and slumps with finality she brushes a hand to her hat in a brief gesture of respect at the rest, then locking eyes with Remmvi in particular.

"Tunnel's yond, Chitterem. Ply a shrieker?"

She points and moves to match, covering the hole. The sensation in her leg is fading to a dull throb as she walks - and she knows for sure she's rubbed dirt on worse.

Shoot Beetle: 1d10o10+1 10
Move S4, E1
Level up! +1 VIT, Talent: Grit [1], Proficiency: Scouting +1

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
===== [ CLEARING THE CISTERNS ] =====

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working together, Nell and Kocho discover the problem with the sluice control; a stuck braking catch. Between the two of them and with the help of the repair kit, they are able to prod it out of it's stuck position and chip away the bit of corrosion that keeps it from operating smoothly. After fixing these problems, the sluice gate functions normally, rising and falling smoothly at the command of the wheel. ((As a limited roll you had 1 shot at this, and the first one counts, but Nell's 6 vs. 5) was enough to do it, thankfully. I should have explained what was going to go on there and what your options were I was running kinda behind late time, sorry. -_- ))

Nearby, Xelek swings open another door and reveals another large chamber. Dominating the center of the space is a massive motor, silent and still. By looks it appears to have been installed much more recently than the cistern itself, probably within the span of the last few years. Rising from behind it is a wide vertical pipe that leads upwards and through the ceiling.

In the far corner of the room, more Monitors stir, crouching on small piles of scant nesting material; sticks and scraps of cloth.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Daeron slid past Xelek and Kocho and heads down the tunnel to the west

" I wonder how that machine works, looks complicated."

Orders:

Move 6S, 4W, If Hostile becomes visible during move, stop 2 squares away from Hostile. Use Wand: 1d10o10+2 11

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Silver Jenny - Scourge of the Pasturelands

A glance at Camryn confirms Jenny's suspicions: split the pack, and focus on what they have now before flushing out more. She's still not sure the pale man isn't overextending, but after taking a quick swing at the nearest furry assailant, she retreats to hopefully lure some of them away from him. How do these things think, anyway...? Well, it's a good chance to learn, as if the bite wounds aren't already lesson enough.

Move: 4W
Level Up: +1 Vit, Rally talent, Creature Lore proficiency

Changing this to not move! Orders otherwise f same

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
===== [ SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS ] =====

The Vermik in the field become a disorganized rush of furred bodies, snapping and clawing from within the stalks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Camryn: {Fierce Attack} (JDV 61 : No effect)(-1 Morale)
Camryn >>> Vermik (9)(-0 armor)(9 damage)
Seauffer >>>> Vermik (7)(-0 armor)(7 damage)
Percival :::: Focus (+1 MP)
Silver Jenny >>>> Vermik: (5)(-0 armor)(5 damage)
Sentry Spark >--> Vermik: (6)(-0 armor)(6 damage) (Dies)(+4 xp)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Vermik >>>> Seauffer (1)(-2 armor)(1 damage(min))(+1 Toxin)(+1 Sollos Devotion)
Vermik >>>> Silver Jenny (6)(-3 armor)(3 damage)(+1 Toxin)
Vermik >>>> Silver Jenny (1) ::automiss::
Vermik >>>> Camryn (5)(-2 Armor)(3 damage)(+1 Toxin)
Vermik >>>> Camryn (1) ::automiss::
Vermik >>>> Camryn (3)(-2 Armor)(1 damage)(+1 Toxin)

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS

"At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking I could not abide
But we grew strong
And learned how to get along
And so in golden field
Vermik's doom is sealed

We will survive!"

kill wounded vermik
Second Wind second wind jdv friday: 1d100 57

LLSix fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 18, 2023

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

The Lord of Hats posted:

Xelek
"Maybe. The reverse is not likely true." There is an awkward pause. That was not a good response. "I will see if there is something blocking the other side."

"Oh, you say that, but just wait until you meet him! You two have so much in common."

Nell doesn't elaborate, but gives Xelek a reassuring pat on the shoulder as she walks into the pump room. "Alright, we got lizards here?"

Move: W2 S5
Action: attack any enemy in range, 1d10+2

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Percy Delawney - Scourge of the Pasturelands

"Everyone still alive in there?" Percival shouts into the field, anxiously. He has trouble seeing the action over the crops. Fortunately it seems his compatriots have weathered the initial storm. Time to dispel the flickering construct and produce a new shiny distraction for the beasts.

"I say! This life or death combat is great for getting the aetheric juices flowing. Look at the size of that new spark!"

Move: 1N 3E
Free action: Dispel Sentry Spark
Free action: Quickcast 2MP Sentry Spark 1S 2E
Action: Zap a wand at closest Vermik [1d10+2]=3+2=5

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 19, 2023

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

CLEARING THE CISTERNS

Move 5S

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Seauffer Leuppah - [ SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS ]

Just as Seauffer emerged from the thicket of swaying stalks towards Percival's last known position, the Sentry Spark he'd summoned shot an arcane beam weapon over the Tuk girl's shoulder that lanced the Vermik she'd stabbed only a moment earlier, putting it down for good.

The squirrelley girl spun on her heels to meet the sounds of snarling from a fresh Vermik charging at her from the grain rows.

"Ha!~" She barked before slashing, trying to startle the critter.

Seauffer:
> Action: Attack S Vermik with Militia Longsword!: 1d10+2 8
> Move: none.
> LEVEL UP: +1 Trekking

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
[ ===== TREASURE HUNTING AT THE BARROWS ===== ]

The interior space fills with a thin mist of reeking particles as more of the woodeaters are dispatched. Mirielle stifles a cough and pulls a bandana over her nose while Emelle cackles outside.

"One of the few times I'm glad for my legs bein' like they are. Means I don't have to experience those little joys anymore!"

As the smell of the burst insects fills the air, it seems to enliven more of the creatures, who begin slowly making their way towards the fighting.

Bobby-Jack >>>> Woodeater Grub(9)(-0 armor)(9 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
+Toxic Burst:{ (Bobby Jack +1 toxin) }
Darcy >>>> Woodeater Grub (2)(-0 Armor)(2 damage)(Dies)(+4 xp)(+2 Niahain Devotion)
+Toxic Burst:{ (Darcy +1 toxin) }
Gharoch ---O Woodeater Grub (3)(+2 Bonus)
Clove >--> Woodeater Grub (10)(-0 Armor)(10 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
+Toxic Burst: { (Darcy +1 toxin) }
Woodcutter Grub >>>> Darcy (1)(-1 armor)(1 damage(min))
Woodcutter Grub >>>> Darcy (7)(-1 armor)(3 damage(Cap))

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
==== [Vermik Trapping For the Arena] ====

The last Digger Beetle falls, studded with bolts and with a patch of its shell steaming from a wandblast.

Witchlily approaches the tunnel entrance and finds it made of loose-packed earth, clods of dirt coming free from the walls and ceiling at a touch. A multitude of roots that snake through the ground in every direction seems to be holding things together. The tunnel descends downwards at a steep angle before flattening out, and is little taller than shoulder-height on a human.

Just as Witchlily's eyes are acclimating to the darkness, a thrown shrieker bounces lightly off her shoulder and rolls downwards into the tunnel, emitting it's high pitched whistle.

"When you are being ready!" Remmvi chitters. "Take a breath if you need!"

Slid >--> Digger Beetle (8)(-2 Armor)(6 damage)
Korrigath ---O Digger Beetle(4)(-2 Armor)(2 Damage)
Witchlily >--> Digger Beetle (10)(-2 Armor)(8 damage)(Dies)(+4 xp)

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Darcy Landown
Treasure Hunting

No sooner did he stomp out another bug did one more take it's place. While he was all well and good fighting the good fight he was starting to bleed his own blood a little too much for his liking.

"Stab man gimme some cover in a second, I need a moment to breathe stomping these things out." Kicking one off of him that had latched on to his leg, Darcy took the moment to duck behind Bobby-Jack, reaching for some bandages in his pack.

Order: Attacking the fresh grub 1SE 1d10o10 = 2 (Damnit Niahain gimme a little juice for your acolyte)
Move: 3N

~Your desire to punch bugs fills you with Determination! Level Up!~
>+1 DEF
>Learn Hand-to-Hand Rank 2
>Proficiency Intuition +1

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 21, 2023

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Vermik Trapping For The Arena!!

Slid Viscous

Move 3E, 1S, Peek South

Level: boost vitality, take Miner and Detection

vorebane fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 21, 2023

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Korrigath - Vermik Trapping

A delicious aroma and tantalizing sizzle rises up from the Tuur's wand, as he uses incense to focus his meditation.

Act: Meditate with Coarse Incense
Move: -

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Xelek

Abyssal Squid posted:

"Oh, you say that, but just wait until you meet him! You two have so much in common."

Nell doesn't elaborate, but gives Xelek a reassuring pat on the shoulder as she walks into the pump room. "Alright, we got lizards here?"

Xelek doesn't respond to the first statement with anything more than a shrug as he proceeds through the door. To the second, though--

"Monitors. They do not belong in waters as clear as these. Their presence will befoul it."

S4, W3
Attack any adjacent enemy

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 21, 2023

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Ruined Temple, Inside
Mission Theme

She winces - more from the faint hissing wail that goes past her ears than the Shrieker's actually bumping off of her shoulder. Nostrils flare as she takes a faint whiff of Korrigath's incense from the back. A familiar home-made tang in the air, like the stuffed air in her mother's study, sparks reaction and she turns on a heel to eye the Tuur and his meditation. After a moment she lets out a held breath, catching herself from frowning.

"We bide a bit, then," she responds to Remmvi, before leaning aside to let Slid slide past - a job performed with nominal aplomb. As the other human clambers into the vermin-tunnels and peers about with care fitting the task, the huntress takes a moment to massage the blood back into her leg and reflect on how some pains can be so more easily shrugged off than others. But shrug she can.

Action: Recover (+3 HP)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Bobby Jack - The Barrows

"Huh? Sure just, hey, watch it-" the spaces between the looted coffins were tight already, and getting jostled as he tried to take aim through greenish clouds of toxic grub gasses in an already rather dark barrow did no favors for his aim. And Bobby-Jack was no marksman to begin with. He drew in a deep breath through his mask and cursed as the bolt impacted the central pillar rather than the grub peeking from behind it.

Well, makes sense he'd be even rustier than usual, what with all the laying low. Already he could feel some of his past edge returning, but it'd probably take a couple more jobs for him to get in the proper swing of things again.

Action: Shoot Woodeater Grub 3S 1E with Folding Wristbow: 1d10o10 1 critical miss
Move: stay still

LEVEL UP:
Stat: +1 VIT
Talent: Peek
Proficiency: +1 Detection

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Gharoch the Volatile posted:

[020$][20/20HP][03/03MP][MOVE:07]
[00ATK][00DEF][00VIT][00MEC][01MAG]
[0MA][0RA][0Armor][01Rec][01Inf][01Res][01Morale]
[Residuum CD]:[3]

"Ahhh."
The mage cracks their neck, flipping the wand in the air, only to catch it once more.
"startin to get back in the swing of things, bozz?"
"Bit by bit."
"took you long enough."
"Shush. These things take time."
"hopefully this is the last time"
"On that we can agree."

"..."

"Wasn't there something we were supposed to be doing?"
"...how about i handle the next grub bozz"
"Sure, sure. You do you."

Action: (Wand):[W.Grub]:[4S 1W]: 1d10+2 6
Move: 1N

"And I thought my aim was rough."
"still better than you, bozz"
====

Level Up! posted:

+1 MAG [1>2]
+1 Arcane Lore [0>1]
+1 Residuum [1>2]

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Clove nocked another bolt, then sighted his target. He sighed out a Rote so familiar that it was like breathing. The wind whistled down around his weapon and the bolt snapped out, piercing the thing through.

All very routine.

> Move 1W2S
> Quickcast Galeshot
> Snipe Garoch's Wounded Grub: 1d10o10+3 19

LEVEL
Gain +ATK
Gain Vault
Gain Climbing +1

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 21, 2023

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Silver Jenny - Pasturelands

"Hold the line! We're thinnin' 'em out. Just... hold the line!"

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
===== [ CLEARING THE CISTERNS ] =====

((As a quick note; fog moves can only include the path instructions and whether to attack or hold fire, and no other conditionals. ))

The huge motor and vertical standpipe dominate the chamber as the group moves into it. The massive machine is (Contemporary Lore:(1) Vs. 5 :autofail:) completely unknown in origin but seems to be in good repair, though no spark of life stirs within it currently.

A sudden splash catches the attention as a Monitor slips into the water. Thrashing with its tail, it forges through the water with almost shocking swiftness towards Dareon and Xelek. It is joined a moment later by one of its brethren, both leaving sizable wakes behind them as they almost skim across the surface.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
===== [ SCOURGE OF THE PASTURELANDS ] =====

Three more Vermik are struck down in quick succession as the scuffle continues. One sentry spark dissipates into a cloud of loose magic as another forms a few yards away, sending a crackling bolt of magic into the back of one of the rodents facing Camryn.

Camryn >>>> Vermik (7)(+3MA)(-0 armor)(10 damage)(dies)(+4 XP)
Camryn :: Second Wind (+5 HP)(Joie de vivre: (57)(-1 Morale)
Percy :: Quickcast(Sentry Spark)
Percy ---O Vermik (3)(+2 Bonus)(-2 obstacle)(-0 Armor)(3 damage)
Seauffer >>>> Vermik (8)(-0 armor)(8 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
Silver >>>> Verimik (5)(-0 armor)(5 damage)(dies)(+4 xp)
Sentry Spark >--> Vermik (3)(-0 armor)(3 damage)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Vermik >>>> Camryn (1)(-2 Armor)(1 damage(min)(+1 toxin)
Vermik >>>> Camryn (10)(+1 explosion)(-2 Armor)(4 damage(Capped)(+1 toxin)
Vermik >>>> Silver (3)(-3 armor)(1 damage(min)(+1 toxin)

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

"Wow those things can swim fast, bet we don't want to end up in the water with them."
Daeron slings some spell energy at them from his wand, and backs up to where he thinks the monitors won't be able to pull him into the water.

Orders:

Action: Fire Wand at Monitor 2S, 1E: 1d10o10+2 9
Move: 1N, 3E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

"Oh goodness!" Nell doesn't even notice she's startled before she charging over to fend off the oncoming monitors. She manages to run her sword through the first one. The pang of guilt from getting blood in the water supply has yet to register.

Move: W4 S3
Action: Fierce Attack against the monitor to the E, 1d10+2=16
, -1 morale

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 24, 2023