Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
zizek fakes his slushy lisp for clout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
turns out his nervous tick is just from an uncontrollable cocaine addiction and the title of his book less than nothing is about his decline into the gutter

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 58 days!
zizek is funny

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

what if his name was slavoj xizek and he's chinese

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
they were right and everyone hated them for it. maybe i did too and should self-criticize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tt8zpTwFSk

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

there is a thing occurring with racist / misogynistic / violent language that’s very generational and I’m not entirely sure what I think about it.

some of its straightforward don’t use offensive language. But parts of it aren’t. I mean I don’t use racist / misogynistic language and I don’t think it should be used. The other side though is things that are said before events have congealed into a generally acknowledged narrative that later are more problematic judged against that narrative after the event. I’ve seen posters posting from in the event, from or more often just after semi violent protests in conflict with fascists and police, being attacked on what was said during based on what is only known well after.

I guess I understand a reaction to that second part.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lobster shirt posted:

what if his name was slavoj xizek and he's chinese

i just listened to part of a zizek interview where he was talking the whole time about how much he hates china and cuba and venezuela, because they’re authoritarian. the real communism is america for passing the cares act and britain because boris nationalized the rail service during covid. cubans who are proud of what they’ve built are “castrating” themselves and other than america and britain, he gave a shoutout to evo morales for being an almost communist who was smart enough to not anger the capitalists

hes a lib wrecker through and through

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
So was he always like this and was I a complete blind moron for not seeing it earlier or did he legit go mask off and I am a complete blind moron for totally unrelated reasons?

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 58 days!
i let him borrow my mask for a little bit when i wasnt using it but i needed it back

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 58 days!
had to get a new one with the condition he returned it in

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Orange Devil posted:

So was he always like this and was I a complete blind moron for not seeing it earlier or did he legit go mask off and I am a complete blind moron for totally unrelated reasons?

he was always like that

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

he ran as a liberal when he ran for president. He got 10% of the first vote in a field of like a dozen people, coming in 5th when only the first 4 advance. His party, in the next election, the liberal democratic party of slovenia, won big and controlled the country for 12 years. now its completely destroyed

edit: I guess that Slovenia has 4 "Presidencies" and 1 "President" and Zizek got left out of the "Presidency" by like half a percent

Antonymous has issued a correction as of 18:49 on May 10, 2023

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

he’s more Hegelian than he is Marxist in his thinking and that’s always been obvious and explicit.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

yah everything he says, every joke or political statement or movie review, has the ulterior motive of convincing you "what if Lacan and Hegel are both right"

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

it makes his thinking more like mine than most of CSPAMs. because the religious stuff I’m obsessed with is Hegelian and existentialist.

2ndworthlessacct1
May 10, 2023

by vyelkin

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 58 days!

2ndworthlessacct1
May 10, 2023

by vyelkin

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

Hey everybody, I got this can of Diet Coke and I'm gonna spend the afternoon pontificating the absence of intrinsic value provided by a soft drink

100% devoid

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 58 days!

2ndworthlessacct1
May 10, 2023

by vyelkin

fart simpson posted:

i just listened to part of a zizek interview where he was talking the whole time about how much he hates china and cuba and venezuela, because they’re authoritarian. the real communism is america for passing the cares act and britain because boris nationalized the rail service during covid. cubans who are proud of what they’ve built are “castrating” themselves and other than america and britain, he gave a shoutout to evo morales for being an almost communist who was smart enough to not anger the capitalists

hes a lib wrecker through and through

[djVoice] REEEEEPEEEEEEEAT

2ndworthlessacct1
May 10, 2023

by vyelkin

Antonymous posted:

"what if Lacan and Hegel are both right"

could you imagine if they put him on cbs evening news?

2ndworthlessacct1
May 10, 2023

by vyelkin

time is loving short and precious

2ndworthlessacct1
May 10, 2023

by vyelkin

the vote of confidence we are all looking for

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 58 days!

2ndworthlessacct1 posted:

time is loving short and precious

i agree with you, rereg guy. too short and precious, perhaps, to spend hundreds of dollars and many, many hours buying sa accounts that will be banned. something to think about.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Bar Ran Dun posted:

it makes his thinking more like mine than most of CSPAMs. because the religious stuff I’m obsessed with is Hegelian and existentialist.

very telling

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i think youve hit like 35 accoutns now, yuou could have boughit a switcdh and the new zelda game with that money

2ndworthlessacct1
May 10, 2023

by vyelkin

croup coughfield posted:

i agree with you, rereg guy. too short and precious, perhaps, to spend hundreds of dollars and many, many hours buying sa accounts that will be banned. something to think about.

my life is loving horrendous

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 58 days!

of that i have no doubt

2ndworthlessacct1
May 10, 2023

by vyelkin

AnimeIsTrash posted:

youve hit like 35 accoutns now

2ndworthlessacct1
May 10, 2023

by vyelkin

croup coughfield posted:

of that i have no doubt

ordinary Tuesday

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

very telling

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

very telling

yep

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 58 days!

ordinary Tuesday

brother its wednesday

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

croup coughfield posted:

brother its wednesday

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

wtf he had 2 accounts

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 58 days!

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

very telling

Christian existentialism and Tillich for seventeen years of posting. the real trouble will start when I finally get around to reading Trotsky.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Whatever the answer to that is, it's not paying for what is now at least 7 accounts on a forum in a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

I don't really know anything about anything when it comes to Zizek's writing.

But "I am already eating from the trashcan all the time!" Is my favorite pseudointellectual meme to drop whenever someone has a really dumb opinion.

Probably not even what he meant but whatever.