Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cultivation is chinese not korean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
there's an insane amount of korean martial arts series with cultivation

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I Am Fowl posted:

I mean, her parents' relationship probably wouldn't be legal in the states but aside from that, mostly okay.

Also Rika. I'm still amazed they brought her back for a little bit in the first season of the anime, I was fully expecting they were going to casually sweep that one under the rug...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the details of korean martial cultivation are different from chinese immortal cultivation, but it's all still punchwizards. the big difference is a matter of scale, usually.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Personally I'd do martial cultivation by planting my swordsmen in the springtime and my fistfighters like winter wheat.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
watched Hell's Paradise 01
never read the manga or heard of it. I like the Sagiri girl (or rather her voice actress)
not sure how the story will go, but it looks good enough to give a 3-4 episode test. Gonna depend on the rest of the cast, but decent hook at the end of episode 1.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
So Boku no Kokoro yo Yabai yatsu... it's basically just the little dude getting horny over the main girl and then feeling guilty about it, or are there good jokes in there? Because I lean pretty hard towards the "comedy" angle of romantic comedies

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

So Boku no Kokoro yo Yabai yatsu... it's basically just the little dude getting horny over the main girl and then feeling guilty about it, or are there good jokes in there? Because I lean pretty hard towards the "comedy" angle of romantic comedies
It's more focused on the building romance and their character development than it is on comedy. Well, early on it's more joke focused to endear you to the characters since they don't really have much of a relationship yet. e: and no most jokes are focused on yamada's weird habits

Terper fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Apr 2, 2023

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Southern Cassowary posted:

today i'm going to check out heavenly delusion, hell's paradise, and the level 999 romance thing

drat I just realized Heavenly Delusion or Hells Paradise: Let’s Rock! Would have been a perfect thread title.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.
Yamada 999 ep 1 was pretty funny, and neither of the characters with big screen time so far are boring. Still seems like it could wind up a bust since I dunno about the premise of the main guy (?) being so flat in affect being able to carry through. Main girl fun though. Animation seems good. Going to add it to my list for now.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

galagazombie posted:

drat I just realized Heavenly Delusion or Hells Paradise: Let’s Rock! Would have been a perfect thread title.

the one we got is pretty good but this is also great

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Suzera posted:

Yamada 999 ep 1 was pretty funny.
I was cracking up throughout. Great writing, nice art.

Yamada seems to be related to Best Jeanist, but otherwise will probably be my light and fun anime of the season.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Hells paradise episode 1: pretty standard first ep but some signs that the show could be good especially if the other criminals turn out to be insane in interesting ways. I’ll wait a month or so before watching the next few episodes to see what’s up.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
started Tensei Kizoku no Isekai ep1
noble astriocrat isekai is usually decent fun, so i keep at it for at least till the inevitable noble school arc and see how the cast there is.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Watched the first episode of Hell's Paradise and now I've found myself halfway through the manga. This anime is gonna rule.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 2, 2023

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Clueless First Friend is sweet. Dude's earnest as hell and its cute.
Also sucks how mean they are to the girl for no reason.

Opening to Aristocrat makes me hope that Re:Zero has created a Konbini-kun to rival Truck-Kun as an Otherworld Delivery Service.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
wouldn't mind a sim game, like those citysim/rollercoaster tycoon games.

but its called isekai-sim, and your the god of the world, and the gameplay is importing a bunch of isekai people into the world and crafting how mean or how good of a blessing you want to make their isekai life and plan out the standard life event tropes,

then of course at the end, you just summon a bunch of giant tornados or something to destroy everything

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

FilthyImp posted:

Opening to Aristocrat makes me hope that Re:Zero has created a Konbini-kun to rival Truck-Kun as an Otherworld Delivery Service.

"He died with a smile on his lips and a Family Mart katsu sandwich in his tummy."

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

My Home Hero: Not much to look at and the writing is basic at best, but I'm finding myself invested in this murder in spite of myself and I think I'm in for at least another episode.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
truck-kun
knife-kun
overwork-kun

the 3 paths of isekai

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Manic Chuuni Dream Boy

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 2, 2023

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

GateOfD posted:

truck-kun
knife-kun
overwork-kun

the 3 paths of isekai

I Got Crushed by a Hand-Truck after Working Too Many Shifts at the Knife Factory, and Now I Have to Teach Austrian Economics to Elves?!

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

lmao, I was planning on watching just the first arc of My Home Hero, but its a really bad adaptation.

It starts with a really blurry shot which made me wonder if there was something wrong with the video. It turns out a character had blurry vision. However, the first shot was an establishing shot and not a POV shot.

It then has a flashback to something that literally just happened in the show.

The pacing is really weird and bad. It has a scene of the protagonist following somebody and getting caught, but the anime is really bad at establishing that is what he is doing. It makes it look like he got attacked and blackmailed in broad daylight because he stared at a Yakuza walking down the street for a minute. I had to check the manga, and it more effectively establishes what he was doing in a single panel

Just a bunch of really baffling decisions.

I enjoyed Hell's Paradise, but its just the first episode so its hard to tell what the series will be like.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

IShallRiseAgain posted:

lmao, I was planning on watching just the first arc of My Home Hero, but its a really bad adaptation.

tbh knowing there's a manga i may just read that cause the broad strokes of the story i liked but it was rough

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
From the general plot description of My Home Hero I just got the impression they wanted to be 10,000% sure that no viewers would ever possibly think the main character was bad for killing somebody, so they just piled literally every sin in God's earth on the guy he merks and also on the people who might feel bad for that guy being dead and ALSO it was an accident and ALSO he was just protecting his daughter AND ALSO the guy was a serial killer anyway AND ALSO the guy's family was in on it

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

galagazombie posted:

I would have loved this. These are two series I've read the manga for and worried about them getting overshadowed in such a tight season.

Hell's Paradise

I loved the manga as a relatively short action series with compelling mystery, interesting structure, and likeable characters. The first episode was set-up though honestly didn't cover as much as I would have thought. Still, did a great job in portraying Gabi and Sagiri. Excited for the rest of the show as they introduce more of the cast. Also the opening features Ringo Sheena and it's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS94j08yIHs

Heavenly Delusion

I love a good post-apoc story and its unique framing with a dual storyline is compelling as well. This had a lot more budget in its production than I thought it would get, super welcomed to see. The fight scene with Maru against the bandits looked amazing, completely catching me off guard (and was also anime original). Glad to see they also toned down some of the more skeevy shots and framing of the manga and instead added some lovely composited background shots for mood and atmosphere. Character acting/writing between Maru and Kiruko looks to be as charming as I'd hope it would be. While this series very much has an actively running plot, it also excels in making me feel like I'm wandering a Fallout-equse wasteland, running into and out of groups of people dong side quests, and changing their lives (for better or for worse). Including half the storyline that appears to take place in a Vault. This is my first retread of the series and I always love the mark of a good mystery when in this first episode I can already spot multiple lies/foreshadowing.

I would heartily recommend :siren:s in the OP for both of these series!

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Tensei Kizoku: We all know about the isekai trope like reincarnated with cheat ability. This anime has that. But the MC's cheats is cranked up to such degree since the Gods of the world loves the MC.

The episode is so fast paced. Everyone is constantly moving, and it moves from one plot point to another. Surprisingly, it's well animated for a run of the mill isekai anime. Maybe this one has potential?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Have you learned nothing in this life?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
i don't understand why the MC in tensei kizoku gets all this love and attention from the gods, people die mandate pointless deaths all the time.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

GateOfD posted:

i don't understand why the MC in tensei kizoku gets all this love and attention from the gods, people die mandate pointless deaths all the time.

How do you know they aren't also getting Isekai'd into fantasy worlds as well?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

GateOfD posted:

because how else would the anime happen

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
do anime people really just eat tomatoes like a freaking apple, this isn't the first time i seen people just give someone a raw whole tomato straight up

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you don't?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
You haven't eaten a tomato like that? Tomatoes are good.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

tomatoes that are picked ripe are good on their own, yes

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's not like a tomato is stopping you from eating it like other fruit with their hard skin.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ketchup has ruined american's perception of tomatoes. rip.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
don't like the gooey parts with the seeds, its like little monster eggs

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I love to eat tomatoes noisily while I send my son off to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

My mom only ever gave me beefsteak tomatoes as a kid and I thought I hated them (outside of burgers) for the longest time. And then I grew up and had basically every other kind of tomato and they own.