Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

RestingB1tchFace posted:

McIlroy choking. Dude consistently plays below expectations.

"Be the next Tiger Woods" is a hell of an expectation to be fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Good video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5u7NwjexiY

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

I never really liked him because of the 2018 PGA but the Full Swing episode with Brooks actively pushed that over to "wow, this guy's a dickhead"

Glad I'm not the only one. Can't stand Koepka

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

nerox posted:

The other maybe more funny option is that Brooks using this weather advantage today goes into Sunday with a 6 stroke lead and then melts down and loses by 5 strokes.

To Hovland hopefully lol

Troy Queef posted:

I never really liked him because of the 2018 PGA but the Full Swing episode with Brooks actively pushed that over to "wow, this guy's a dickhead"

One of my golfer friends went to FSU the same time as Brooks and Berger and got to play a casual round with them once and said both of them come off as complete dickheads/better than everyone else type personalities.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Sup with Scotty, drat.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Troy Queef posted:

Yeah he and DJ seem like douchebags

Dahmen is amazing and I'm hoping for a Max episode next season

nerox
May 20, 2001

Mcqueen posted:

Sup with Scotty, drat.

He's loving over my masters pool team with his putting.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Wow, how about Fred Couples at 2 under? That would be awesome if he made the cut at 60 something.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Chromatics posted:

Dahmen is amazing and I'm hoping for a Max episode next season

a Max and Keegan episode would be great

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Weather might really help Brooks.
Damnit...

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Chromatics posted:

multiple people I know from hockey here who have met DJ (99 keeps a house in STL as Janet's originally from the area) have all said he is the single stupidest person they've ever met

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Oooof Connors

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Jesus Hovland lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Troy Queef posted:

multiple people I know from hockey here who have met DJ (99 keeps a house in STL as Janet's originally from the area) have all said he is the single stupidest person they've ever met

There's an anecdote out there about Wayne saying that they were afraid to leave the kids alone with just DJ and Paulina because they were collectively that dumb.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

It’s the Brooks show right now. Unless bad weather rolls in this weekend.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sam Bennett continuing his run thus far!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So what's your email for me to PayPal you 20 bucks, Kameh?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

After the Zalatoris WD

Josh Lyman posted:

The only available player left who hasn’t teed off is Sam Bennett, the US Am champ.

Guess I’m sitting this one out. :smith:
:negative:

lloyol
Jun 23, 2005

NARFZ

Josh Lyman posted:

Pool standings after round 1.

edit: Forgot to include BCRock’s pick.

edit2: Forgot to include Shrapnig’s.

I’m on vacation checking this thread but I’m not on here, also making sure I don’t miss out on paying the winner.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Josh Lyman posted:

After the Zalatoris WD

Yeah I figured you were kicking yourself over that lol

As impressive as he's been though, the pressure this weekend in one of the final groups and in poor conditions is going to be a whole other level.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Suprfli6 posted:

As impressive as he's been though, the pressure this weekend in one of the final groups and in poor conditions is going to be a whole other level.

True, but holy poo poo he is drilling putts right now

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

After the Zalatoris WD

Just wanna quote this again after he makes another birdie lol

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Douchebag posted:

It’s the Brooks show right now. Unless bad weather rolls in this weekend.

He's not going to last all weekend. Who does?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Weather forecast has gotten worse, I'm seeing ~2.5 inches of rain with this afternoon/evening thunderstorms and periods of heavy rain overnight and tomorrow. The course so far has been about as easy as it could be with soft greens but still getting some good rollout in the fairways so it's going to be a completely different tournament pretty soon. Brooks and Bennett definitely got the good side of the draw.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Yeah, huge advantage for the guys who played early today and Brooks killed it. Weekend is going to be a shitshow with the weather, but if the closest guy to Brooks come round 3 is an amateur who's 5 shots back, then LOL.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lmao broadcasters are having fun. Aaron Rodgers jokes, Dumb & Dumber quotes... :xd:

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Wow that was a full blown slice from Tiger.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

lloyol posted:

I’m on vacation checking this thread but I’m not on here, also making sure I don’t miss out on paying the winner.
Yeah sorry I couldn't fit all the picks onto 1 screenshot but I'll include all of them for the next 3 updates. Thread OP should have everyone's picks though.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 7, 2023

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Suprfli6 posted:

Yeah amateurs traditionally haven't fare well. Tiger finished T41 and cut in 1995 and 1996 after his US Amateur wins. Of course, he won in 1997 but he had turned pro and won by that point.

Also, I got caught up in the Gordon Sargent hype with people saying he's the best college player in decades, maybe since Tiger.

Still, you can't win if you don't play.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rahm's tee shot on 6 "No stay stay...gently caress!"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

Rahm's tee shot on 6 "No stay stay...gently caress!"

Just came here to laugh about this too. The announcers "I'd rather have this on the back instead of catching that slope" / *ball catches slope* / "There it goes" / Rahm's "No stay stay gently caress!"

no more books
Aug 4, 2011
In the top 5% of the Masters fantasy game because I picked Sam Bennett as my wild card. Seriously impressed with him!

nerox
May 20, 2001
Sam Bennett winning sure would be something, no amateur has ever won the masters so it would be something for the history books.

Edit: Regardless of how he finished at this point, I wonder how much LIV is going to offer him as soon as the tournament is over.

nerox fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 7, 2023

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Shrapnig posted:

There's an anecdote out there about Wayne saying that they were afraid to leave the kids alone with just DJ and Paulina because they were collectively that dumb.

This is priceless.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

This is priceless.

And 100% believable lol

Looks like a MC for McIlroy, that's honestly shocking.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 7, 2023

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

JFC what happened to Rory?!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh come on!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

HONKKKKKKKKKKKK

nerox
May 20, 2001
:siren: Weather Horn :siren:

I remember being at the Masters when a weather horn sounded, I was about 8 feet from a bathroom entrance and a staffer jumped out of no where, blocked the door, and wouldn't let me go in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Looks like they might get another window to play a bit more today, hopefully.