Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Now if I could own a Mech or a Bolo, that would be a tough call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Tnuctip posted:

loving mechs don’t have wings.

*lays a comforting hand on Tnuctip's shoulder while keeping the other hand behind his back, the "So You've Learned That LAMs Exist" pamphlet hidden from view*

I think you should sit down, friend.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

been a Battletech fanatic for 35 years and still wouldn't go to Texas to play one of those lol gently caress that backwards rear end shithole state

Unless Hinkle sold them, there are some in NM

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

*lays a comforting hand on Tnuctip's shoulder while keeping the other hand behind his back, the "So You've Learned That LAMs Exist" pamphlet hidden from view*

I think you should sit down, friend.

Don't forget the Partial Wing system too

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Tnuctip posted:

No one has said this yet but it’s very important.

Mecha and Mechs are different. Mechs are better, like a big block V8 sedan with a hard whiskey drinking driver where your inferior mecha has a pilot that writes crappy open mic night poetry that drives around in a 1990s civic with the muffler taken off so it sounds tough.

Haha, yeah bud, for sure! *frantically presses panic button on my side of the drive-thru window*

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Animal-Mother posted:

Haha this thread is now UNSEEN. You will be sued by the anime people.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

mechwarrior 5 with the vr mod and hotas controls is pretty awesome. in fact, im gonna play right now.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

MrQwerty posted:

no the robots in Pacific Rim are Jaegers

they opened this giant theater here and for the 2 weeks before it opened officially they had special screenings of poo poo and I got to see Pacific Rim in 3D Imax twice for $4 w/ a free large drink and large popcorn it was sick

i'm so loving jealous rn i'm going to go punch and kick the air

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

house kurita is for weebs. federated commonwealth ftw

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

TK8325 posted:

mechwarrior 5 with the vr mod and hotas controls is pretty awesome. in fact, im gonna play right now.

That sounds awesome

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Are there any robots with big tiddies?

Yes that is a robot with a blow job face being piloted by two women inside the tiddies.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dumb as poo poo, can’t pick anything up with gun arms

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Arc Hammer posted:

Yes that is a robot with a blow job face being piloted by two women inside the tiddies.

Technology is amazing

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Tnuctip posted:

Commander J.T. Marsh would like to have a loving word with you

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Dumb as poo poo, can’t pick anything up with gun arms

Those are fleshlights

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

is metal gear a mech

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bossy lady posted:

is metal gear a mech

A metal….gear….?!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i wish theyd release a new chrome hounds. pile rush bithc

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

bossy lady posted:

is metal gear a mech

Yeah imo

Shagohod is more greyzone tho

flubber nuts posted:

i wish theyd release a new chrome hounds. pile rush bithc

Yea that game was awesome as hell

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Mechwarrior 5 is prob one of the best mech games since Chromehounds and MW2. It's like 40k Dawn of War: Dark Crusade but with MW transplanted.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Microsoft bring back the steel battalion mech controller

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Arc Hammer posted:

Lmao, Redline owns so hard

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Smugworth posted:

Microsoft bring back the steel battalion mech controller

Gotta ask Capcom for that one (the answer is gently caress you)

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

free hubcaps posted:

Shagohod is more greyzone tho

Shagohod is NOT a metal gear

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Smugworth posted:

Commander J.T. Marsh would like to have a loving word with you

This show was deadly serious for a kids show. "So humans created a race of slaves to mine mars, but they rebelled and..."

I liked the fat guy they gave a fat mech. With some typical Polish name like Kludblowski.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

This show was deadly serious for a kids show. "So humans created a race of slaves to mine mars, but they rebelled and..."

I liked the fat guy they gave a fat mech. With some typical Polish name like Kludblowski.

It had cluster missiles and it fuckin ruled

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i had the green camo one and the black and purple one and they were probably the coolest toys i owned

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Hell yeah exo squad is swwet

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Blue Hair has a bad case of Hyper Thigh Roidism

Edit: I just recently bought Mechwarrior 5 on Xbox because it was on sale and giant fighting robots. I am not enjoying it. So much stuff, so many menus; not a lot of explanation and fun gameplay

HAmbONE fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 9, 2023

BadFilmBestFilm
Jun 2, 2021
Anyone want to join my mercenary lance? You'll have a month to settle in while we reattach your Cicada's limbs and wash your predecessor out of the cockpit with a hose.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

well I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. Don't really know where this thread goes from here.

haha robits go pew pew boom

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

well I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. Don't really know where this thread goes from here.

also :gas: thread ban op

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Is a megazord a mech

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

if a WH40K Titan is a mech then a Megazord is a mech

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I know it makes for better storytelling/gameplay to stick a human in them to pilot, but lets be real here, if we are making massive fighting machines, because whatever, we clearly have the tech to have some kid remotely control them with an xbox controller in a military warehouse somewhere.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The Butcher posted:

I know it makes for better storytelling/gameplay to stick a human in them to pilot, but lets be real here, if we are making massive fighting machines, because whatever, we clearly have the tech to have some kid remotely control them with an xbox controller in a military warehouse somewhere.

thanks obama

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

The Butcher posted:

You'd think so but in Battletech the maximum range of most mech weapons is under 1 kilometer and if a mech moves behind a tree you can not only lose missile lock but lose the mech from your sensor readout entirely so I'm pretty sure the tech level is actually piss poor

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

*2000 ton dropship lands 700 meters away from an outpost, clear line of sight between them the entire time, and barfs out four 10 meter tall mechs*

"We need to remain undetected for this one, Commander, so..."

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Is the power loader a mech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
If you can replace the head of a mech with a normal human head and it just looks like a dude in armor took off their helmet, it’s an underwhelming mech design

Not having a clear head to apply this metric to is a good start