Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Smugworth posted:

Why were the police fellating each other in this fellas driveway
They were trying to do that 69 cop car window thing but with their irl bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Pug Rodeo posted:

I like when Melissa McCarthy has to put the knife back in Sandra Bullock’s leg.

the blooper reel was fantastic

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

It’s surprisingly difficult to shoot a hand gun accurately. I bet it’s true if the person has never fired a weapon before and was under pressure.

Yes the first time I fired a 9mm at a coke can I was shocked atbhow inaccurate it was compared to a pellet gun

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Nuts and Gum posted:

It’s surprisingly difficult to shoot a hand gun accurately. I bet it’s true if the person has never fired a weapon before and was under pressure.

But I've been told arming teachers is a smart idea that definitely won't lead to more innocent people getting killed!!!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

haljordan posted:

But I've been told arming teachers is a smart idea that definitely won't lead to more innocent people getting killed!!!

Cops can’t even hit something without unloading 17 rounds and they have mandatory training lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

Cops can’t even hit something without unloading 17 rounds and they have mandatory training lol

Yeah and sometimes that something is another cop lmao what a time to be alive

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

haljordan posted:

Yeah and sometimes that something is another cop lmao what a time to be alive

lmao

Just imagine how many underpaid overworked teachers would eventually snap and think gently caress it I’m taking these monsters out with me.

Anyway, Heat is real good but I like Collateral more. I love movies that unfold in real time, and the focus being tighter on just two people almost makes it like a reverse buddy comedy.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

lmao

Just imagine how many underpaid overworked teachers would eventually snap and think gently caress it I’m taking these monsters out with me.

Anyway, Heat is real good but I like Collateral more. I love movies that unfold in real time, and the focus being tighter on just two people almost makes it like a reverse buddy comedy.

There's a video on YouTube of the training Tom Cruise went through for that movie, it's funny because he still has his long hair from "The Last Samurai". He put in the work though, for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8-P8sJNHk0

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nuts and Gum posted:

lmao

Yeah but also you know if teachers had that “gun drawer” in their desk their students would snap into place, put their phones down, shut up, spit out their gum, and pay attention when they hear that creaky wooden sliding sound. Like they probably wouldn’t even have to point the gun at actual students very often when they act up. :shrug:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Nuts and Gum posted:

lmao

Collateral is also a "one crazy night" movie, which are always loving great.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Despite being a pretentious dweeb, I really like Moby's parts of the score.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

There’s like a 10 minute sequence at the climax of Last of the Mohicans where there’s no dialogue at all. It’s absolutely one of my favorite scenes in cinema, ever.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Vegetable posted:

There’s like a 10 minute sequence at the climax of Last of the Mohicans where there’s no dialogue at all. It’s absolutely one of my favorite scenes in cinema, ever.

the climax of Last of the Mohicans is maybe the most epic thing ever filmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ZisDHg6v0

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Vampire Panties posted:

Easily my favorite movie soundtrack by a wiiiiiiide margin. Also Wes Studi kills it in everything (including Heat lmao)

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

Easily my favorite movie soundtrack by a wiiiiiiide margin. Also Wes Studi kills it in everything (including Heat lmao)

not enough :haibrower: in the world to agree with this. Promontory is the movie soundtrack GOAT, even compared to John Williams

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

"I guess things worked out all right for the old last of the mohicans"

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

haljordan posted:

His story about how he got cast in Heat is great. (he literally called up Michael Mann and thanked him for casting him and started talking about his ideas for his character and Mann just was like well I guess you are in it)

He also made Daniel Day Lewis sign an autograph for him using his left foot

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

the best wes studi movie is street fighter

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Finally got around to watching Manhunter and the score is so loving intense.

The entire movie feels like a weird vaporwave fantasy and I love it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Poohs Packin posted:

Finally got around to watching Manhunter and the score is so loving intense.

The entire movie feels like a weird vaporwave fantasy and I love it.

yeah idk why they even bothered making Red Dragon

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Nuts and Gum posted:

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEFPcljAXgs

I found this by googling "collateral scene" lol

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Heat is so efficient at showing you what a piece of poo poo the characters are. like waingro is possibly the least likeable character in cinema history and he's on screen for maybe 5 minutes?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

michael mann movies are so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y07Z8YVbjbs

my biggest criticism of almost ALL movies is that they cant seem to find a good comedy balance

i dont want a comedy movie, but people joke, or at least i do, even if its poo poo situations im not a grim fucker, so mann could stand to lighten up a touch, hes not the worst offender by a long shot he has plenty of digressions and very nice moments but some more jokes would help, i think ridley scott movies end up the worst in this pile with nolan chasing a close second, which is a shame because with a little bit of script editing blade runner could have been so much better

this is where i think scorsese and tarratino nail it in particular with this balance

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Apr 15, 2023

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

sebmojo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEFPcljAXgs

I found this by googling "collateral scene" lol

Sometimes people complain that the guy on the right would've gotten his gun out way quicker but I bet that's a pretty accurate recreation of what would happen irl especially if you just saw your buddy catch two in the chest. I also like the detail of Cruise pushing the first guy's arm across his body to make it more awkward to recover, and to also ensure that he wouldn't get hit if the guy did manage to get a shot off. Even when Cruise raises his hands, his draw hand is slightly lower to make pulling his gun easier. So many great little details packed into one scene.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 15, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vampire Panties posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ZisDHg6v0&t=262s

I was so proud seeing that little blooper on my own years back.

Rad movie though, great score. Best footchase?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

numberoneposter posted:

michael mann movies are so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y07Z8YVbjbs

my biggest criticism of almost ALL movies is that they cant seem to find a good comedy balance

i dont want a comedy movie, but people joke, or at least i do, even if its poo poo situations im not a grim fucker, so mann could stand to lighten up a touch, hes not the worst offender by a long shot he has plenty of digressions and very nice moments but some more jokes would help, i think ridley scott movies end up the worst in this pile with nolan chasing a close second, which is a shame because with a little bit of script editing blade runner could have been so much better

this is where i think scorsese and tarratino nail it in particular with this balance

Wtf red dragon is a remake of manhunter? I’m on this exact scene in red dragon right now :aaa:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

Sometimes people complain that the guy on the right would've gotten his gun out way quicker but I bet that's a pretty accurate recreation of what would happen irl especially if you just saw your buddy catch two in the chest. I also like the detail of Cruise pushing the first guy's arm across his body to make it more awkward to recover, and to also ensure that he wouldn't get hit if the guy did manage to get a shot off. Even when Cruise raises his hands, his draw hand is slightly lower to make pulling his gun easier. So many great little details packed into one scene.

I think 2nd dude got the hammer caught on his waistband... which is why Cruise is using a clip holster. Collateral is a great loving movie

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I really like Red Dragon as a stand alone movie, but yeah, compared to Manhunter I like the original a lot more.

This thread inspired me to show Heat on discord with a bunch of friends, and it was a good time. Thanks thread!

e. I think I'll show Collateral tonight, that movie is good and I haven't seen it in ages

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
God drat Manhunter is such a good movie. I'm gonna watch it now 😈😈

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Nuts and Gum posted:

Wtf red dragon is a remake of manhunter? I’m on this exact scene in red dragon right now :aaa:

Red Dragon is another adaptation of the same book u cretin

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Collateral is a movie that I think just gets better with age. The Max character is great because I think everyone can relate to feeling stuck in life.

Vincent posted:

Someday? Someday my dream will come? One night you will wake up and discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you. It never will. Suddenly you are old. Didn't happen, and it never will, because you were never going to do it anyway. You'll push it into memory and then zone out in your barco lounger, being hypnotized by daytime TV for the rest of your life. Don't you talk to me about murder. All it ever took was a down payment on a Lincoln town car. That girl,you can't even call that girl. What the gently caress are you still doing driving a cab?

Also for kicks everyone should watch The Keep at least once. Probably drunk or high. It has Ian McKellen and a super Tangerine Dream soundtrack.

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 16, 2023

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

haljordan posted:

The Good The Bad and the Ugly would like a word

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I'm going to watch Collateral very soon never have yay

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

is Blackhat worth watching?

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Earwicker posted:

is Blackhat worth watching?

The movie?
Yes. It is solid for what it is, and its got that Michael Mann shine on top of it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Spinz posted:

I'm going to watch Collateral very soon never have yay

Keep an eye out for the bit where Tom cruise falls over a chair crashing through a window, absolutely busts his rear end on the goddam thing

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Why not Michael Womann? Didn't even consider it did you, you loving pig.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Nuts and Gum posted:

The vast majority of police training is poo poo, stuff like "show up and get half a box of ammunition onto the paper once a year." Average hit rate for cops is like 15-17%.

Florida recently went to constitutional/licenseless carry and there was a bunch of handwringing about "untrained people with guns", but this is the standard for cops in Florida.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGXuCvheGt8

The FBI qualification program is pretty good for law enforcement training, see the stuff about the Miami shootout for as to why, but can be done with a pistol that doesn't have sights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZvmzArslgs

There's a common claim that if you actively seek out training, even if it's just doing stuff yourself, you're better than 99% of other gun owners, but you're probably also doing better than 99% of cops too.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

sebmojo posted:

Keep an eye out for the bit where Tom cruise falls over a chair crashing through a window, absolutely busts his rear end on the goddam thing

I was never sure if this was intentional direction (because he fuckin sells it well) or if it's just Cruise being Cruise, in which case it also works.

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Somehow Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida is perfect for this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EykztUgfp2U