Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Thyrork posted:

DLC 4, probably.

I see you're a person of culture, because I'm also playing Jedi Survivor right now, and have to hope to finish the game at least once before AoW4 comes out. And there will be new Stellaris DLC this month, too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Torrannor posted:

I see you're a person of culture, because I'm also playing Jedi Survivor right now, and have to hope to finish the game at least once before AoW4 comes out. And there will be new Stellaris DLC this month, too...

Oh no, I don't own it. That's a list of top sellers (probably in my region). Unless you meant cult of the lamb!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I hope that the game does well enough to get another round of dlc. You can't tell me wild magic wouldnt fit in perfect with the species wide transformations

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Dear modders, please bring back the Runequest/Glorantha for AoW4 like we had for Shadow Magic.

Also, please have it ready by Friday. :colbert:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I forgot what a cesspool the steam forum is, goddamn.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Thyrork posted:

DLC 4, probably.

Well then. Drink something nice at the launch party Gerblyn and never forget the humble origins where y'all came from.

And never stop making fun of weirdos online by rewording the warbreeds to be women after someone complained Sundren shouldn't be fighting because "women can't fight thats unrealistic".

E: ok I might have the story wrong but for those curious or cursed; https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3532785&pagenumber=137&perpage=40#post439048414 Obviously the official boards thread is gone into the void but some quotes remain.

I'm still waiting. :colbert:
The game launched with gender-locked character poses didn't it? When were they unlocked? I enjoyed making my own personal hawkeye initiative roster.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Deptfordx posted:

Dear modders, please bring back the Runequest/Glorantha for AoW4 like we had for Shadow Magic.

Also, please have it ready by Friday. :colbert:

I will settle for playable ducks.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
With the traits and cultures being customizable now your actual stock race is just cosmetic, yeah? You can make any kinda of rat or dwarf ya please. Hoping for some minor DLC for a bunch of different forms for your factions goobers, or at least that their easy to mod in.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Is the premium edition worth getting over standard? Never played an AoW before and I’m waffling on paying the extra $30 on GMG.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

house of the dad posted:

Is the premium edition worth getting over standard? Never played an AoW before and I’m waffling on paying the extra $30 on GMG.

Triumph has been pretty dang solid with their DLC releases, so if you see yourself enjoying the game and want more content added to it I would say so.

If you're unsure if you will enjoy AoW4 in the first place, i'd say hold off on it.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Arrrthritis posted:

Triumph has been pretty dang solid with their DLC releases, so if you see yourself enjoying the game and want more content added to it I would say so.

If you're unsure if you will enjoy AoW4 in the first place, i'd say hold off on it.

Big fan of 4x and turn-based tactics so this does sound extremely like my jam. Just wasn't sure if I can wait on the season pass and get a decent deal on it later or if it'll be like Midnight Suns where you get super punished for not buying the legendary edition over standard.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Arrrthritis posted:

I will settle for playable ducks.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

house of the dad posted:

Big fan of 4x and turn-based tactics so this does sound extremely like my jam. Just wasn't sure if I can wait on the season pass and get a decent deal on it later or if it'll be like Midnight Suns where you get super punished for not buying the legendary edition over standard.

I think the only thing you miss out on is some cosmetic items for your leader if you decide to go base game rn and get the dlc later.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

house of the dad posted:

To be fair, you aren't super punished for not doing that in Midnight Suns. It just happened to be that the DLC for that game dropped really fast. Firaxis are also kind of known for dropping really expensive individual priced DLC for things so it's usually best to grab the season pass. I skipped on the season pass because none of the characters/skins really interested me too much but it's something I'm looking forward to getting around the Steam autumn sale when I get the urge to replay the game. And given that the company views it as this major loss because everything Marvel is expected to print money hand over fist, I'm going to guess that it's going to hit the discount sooner than later.

If you aren't going to play those expansions right away, then you could certainly wait for a price drop on them. You're saving $20 by buying everything now. You probably won't be able to save much more on those expansions for quite a while, basically you'd be waiting for a sale where the price of both major DLCs dropped below 50%. And unlike the cosmetics for Midnight Suns that everyone felt were miles above the costumes in game, here you'll probably never notice the paid cosmetic items and from those that aren't.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

In the case of Midnight Suns, I just mean price-wise. Legendary edition was only $18-ish more at the time when I bought the base game and I haven't seen the season pass anywhere for less than $40. I wouldn't have minded paying a bit of a premium for indecisiveness but $20 extra bucks has been a bridge too far for me.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

house of the dad posted:

In the case of Midnight Suns, I just mean price-wise. Legendary edition was only $18-ish more at the time when I bought the base game and I haven't seen the season pass anywhere for less than $40. I wouldn't have minded paying a bit of a premium for indecisiveness but $20 extra bucks has been a bridge too far for me.

Only $18 for you? drat, it was a solid $30 for me which is why I skipped it. That said I didn't really do any price hunting, I just go by Steam prices. Looks like you can save another $12 buying from Fanatical($78~) so I'd go for it unless you really weren't sure if you were going to like the game; but I will say that much like Civ games; Paradox games usually really come alive with some DLCs. I personally didn't like Planetfall at launch and didn't end up buying it until the dinosaur expansion and ended up loving it and sinking hundreds of hours in.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Here’s to an eleventh hour pre-order. Really excited to dive into this.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

BurningBeard posted:

Here’s to an eleventh hour pre-order. Really excited to dive into this.

:same:

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I've been desperately trying to finish up the Planetfall campaigns before this comes out. I'm not optimistic about my prospects.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Game isn't out and The Spiffing Brit has already broken it.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
This game would certainly melt my computer if I tried installing it, and the price tag is not something I can exactly afford right now (normally wouldn't be much of a problem for me because of the alternative, but the alternative feels kinda lovely in this particular case) But I'm fine with waiting to play it, a game that is good will remain good when I finally get around to playing it, and I'm glad it seems to be turning out great and distilling all the best lessons learned from the previous games into something really cool.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I meet but don't exceed the recommended specs so I'm hoping it doesn't clunk up my computer. Has there been much talk in reviews about performance?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

bobtheconqueror posted:

I meet but don't exceed the recommended specs so I'm hoping it doesn't clunk up my computer. Has there been much talk in reviews about performance?

some odd crashes and hitches, but I haven't heard many complaints about unplayable fps or anything, recommended should be fine

and certainly a hell of a lot of 'I'm totally addicted to this game'

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I had been assuming that you would be able to turn the graphics right down, hopefully it doesn't cause problems for my PC.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
This seems like the perfect steam deck game, so I'm hoping performance is good with the right combo of settings. From the steam forums it looks like it's playable/verified pending review, so my hopes are high!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Game isn't out and The Spiffing Brit has already broken it.

apparently i skimmed this and triumph paid this guy to find exploits or something seems like a good idea

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

What is the benefit of pre-ordering? Will steam run out of copies tomorrow?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fanatical was offering it on a 13% discount.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I think my only very mild beef with what I’ve seen of AoW4 so far is that most Cultures tend to thread the needle of two different flavors you can choose between but Chaos seems to do it…less well? Because there stops being a choice at tier 4 and 5.

So you go from battle skalds and genghis khan poo poo to oh, I guess I’m the demons guy now. Alright I suppose.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ihmemies posted:

An extra ruler and some cosmetics, all of which will probably be available as an addon later and which I had completely forgotten about because the actual benefit is "Can play immediately on release".

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Ihmemies posted:

There's a few preorder bonuses. Nothing major from the looks of it, and they might only be cosmetic? Looks like a new ruler, crown, cape, and plate armor set.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ihmemies posted:

Aric Rex Ruler
Lion Plate Armor Set
Athlan Crown
Imperial Cape

Whatever they are!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Is this a midnight or an afternoon release?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

ZearothK posted:

Is this a midnight or an afternoon release?

Afternoon

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

sebmojo posted:

Aric Rex Ruler
Lion Plate Armor Set
Athlan Crown
Imperial Cape

Whatever they are!

Hats for your wizard customisation I think.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

ZearothK posted:

Oh yeah, if anyone looking at this thread also happens to be in South America, Nuuvem has a 13% discount available up to next week.

For all my fellow third worlders, it's also worth checking GOG. I don't think they have a set discount but they have by far the best regional pricing of any storefront. At least from my experience purchasing from Mexico. YMMV, of course.

Bought the premium edition for a cool 57 USD, around 21~ USD cheaper than Steam's regional price.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
AoW3 was my first in the series and is still a very special game to me - it hit so many sweet spots and 4 is looking like it's only going to build on that. Love that they brought back so many of the weirdo races from before 3.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Ihmemies posted:

Lets me relax and stop staring at the steam page, serene in the knowledge that I'll be playing as magic toads soon.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'm actually excited about this coming out. i don't get that feeling much these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
Fanatical flagged my pre-order for some reason, so now I get to just wait and hope it gets approved so I can actually get the game.