Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Promos making Aljo look good lol , guess the UFC finally found a bantamweight they like less than him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Jerusalem posted:

Literally one of those blink and you missed it moments. I blinked and he was suddenly lying flat on the floor.

My eyes were right on it and I missed what happened - the punches were perfectly obscured by the camera angle

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Rogan: .....who is he calling out?

:lol:

I was also confused as to who Bob Knuckle is

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Swanging and banging

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

This is trashweight af

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

lmao smith winds up like a dark souls boss

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

chaleski posted:

This is trashweight af

hahaha yeah

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
These two heavyweights and brock refnar make this fight look like it's in the wrong aspect ratio

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

chaleski posted:

This is trashweight af

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

loving heavyweight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God this fell apart so quickly

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo ref eventually going,"Hang on..... :aaa: I gotta stop this fight!"

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

the king's game, the chess of the body

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo ref eventually going,"Hang on..... :aaa: I gotta stop this fight!"

im assuming Sam Beckett had just leapt into the referee and needed a moment to get the context

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
I'm still laughing at how terrible that fight was. He just gassed out in like a minute, collapsed to the ground in exhaustion, curled into a ball and gave up. hilarious

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

im assuming Sam Beckett had just leapt into the referee and needed a moment to get the context

Ahahaha, absolutely perfect.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"I'm loving jacked up, man!"

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

ccubed posted:

I'm still laughing at how terrible that fight was. He just gassed out in like a minute, collapsed to the ground in exhaustion, curled into a ball and gave up. hilarious

Putting both the trash and weight in trashweight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

lmao what the hell is DC talking about

hmmm we've got 15 minutes of nothing now huh? snack time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Brut posted:

lmao what the hell is DC talking about

hmmm we've got 15 minutes of nothing now huh? snack time

Them giggling as they imagined a coach demanding a black belt back cracked me up

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

GJ UFC art team

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

lol

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

in fairness, who can resist doubleposting that jawline

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
The face so nice they posted it twice

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Is there any particular reason the odds moved so much on this fight?

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 7, 2023

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

G-Hawk posted:

Presumably people slowly learning how to operate Google to find out who Virna is

LMAO or what Carl posted above

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

yeah, I personally thought Marina would get taken down early but do better after, but boy, she looks awful and Virna looks sharper than she has before.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

love the huge monster can in the middle of the octagon. it reminds me of that energy drink

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Them giggling as they imagined a coach demanding a black belt back cracked me up

Islam wasn't kidding about looking into the black belts

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

A thing I wonder: If they're starting cross-promotion with the WWE by having WWE people show up in UFC bumpers, are we heading towards one of the two companies moving their big shows? Because right now you've got a WWE paid show and a UFC pay-per-view happening simultaneously and I imagine they would like to eventually stop competing with themselves.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

congratulations to the one thousandth "we dont have footage of this fighter that we can use for the broadcast so heres them shadowboxing in front of some blurry lights" montage

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

A thing I wonder: If they're starting cross-promotion with the WWE by having WWE people show up in UFC bumpers, are we heading towards one of the two companies moving their big shows? Because right now you've got a WWE paid show and a UFC pay-per-view happening simultaneously and I imagine they would like to eventually stop competing with themselves.

Whenever I see UFC brass (mostly Dana) being asked about this they seem pretty adamant that there's very little overlap between the fanbases

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Michael Transactions posted:

love the huge monster can in the middle of the octagon.

Oh, at first I thought your stream was just behind and you were talking about Braxton Smith.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CarlCX posted:

I don't think so. I don't think it really matters at all to them.

UFC gets paid whatever rate from ESPN regardless of how many ppvs buys they get (It's one reason they want to negotiate the contract when it comes up).
I'm not 100% sure but I think WWE has the same with NBC/Peacock (Plus, peacock is a full sub service. You aren't really paying for just that ppv)

I also would bet Endeavor would look at the numbers on how many fans are paying fans of both to see if it's worth it. I want to say Dave has mentioned it that there is very little cross over with MMA and wrestling fans these days

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brut posted:

Whenever I see UFC brass (mostly Dana) being asked about this they seem pretty adamant that there's very little overlap between the fanbases

yeah, but they're openly full of poo poo and he knows it because he, himself, was trying to siphon off AEW's fanbase for power slap all of a couple months ago, and I have to imagine the new corporate overlords feel similarly

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'll always show up to watch Khaos fight because its always fun, but man I wish he'd clean up his technique because he's game as hell and a great athlete.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

I don't think so. I don't think it really matters at all to them.

UFC gets paid whatever rate from ESPN regardless of how many ppvs buys they get (It's one reason they want to negotiate the contract when it comes up).
I'm not 100% sure but I think WWE has the same with NBC/Peacock (Plus, peacock is a full sub service. You aren't really paying for just that ppv)

I also would bet Endeavor would look at the numbers on how many fans are paying fans of both to see if it's worth it. I want to say Dave has mentioned it that there is very little cross over with MMA and wrestling fans these days

To me it seems kind of hard to cross promote its like "HEY LIKE REAL FIGHTING? COME WATCH PEOPLE PRETEND!" But I wouldn't care if they were going "oh cage side we have Kurt Angle (is he still a thing?)".

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

commentary is giving bedoya too much credit. he's getting lit up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

i dont know where all this 'close fight' talk is coming from on commentary, this looks like a guy that takes some kickboxing classes for exercise twice a month got as lost as you can get on his way to have a cigarette