Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Oh cool and now Bellinger is dead, joy.

Time for PCA's accelerated call up I guess :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Bellinger might have just won the battle at the cost of the war, ouch

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sydin posted:

Has anybody told Ross yet that Michael Fulmer might actually just be bad and not to give him meaningful innings?

Not sure if Ross has no other options or if he is just bad.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Phillies might wanna put some stickum in their gloves

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Conforto bomb!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Niwrad posted:

Not sure if Ross has no other options or if he is just bad.

I mean he could give Alzolay, one of our supposed longmen, more than one inning for once to start things.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Yeah Belli came down funky on his left ankle. I hope he's ok :ohdear:

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Will Smith is a beast

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

MIKEY C

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Bats are hot tonight

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Mike_V posted:

andrew knizner just hit a grand slam off a brewer position player pitching

Good. All those decorum "unwritten rules" are dumb as hell and need to be dropped. gently caress decorum. The game's not over 'til it's over. If the other team puts in a position player, demolish him. Run up the score as much as you can. That's the price you pay for resting your relievers.

I will never understand why some people demand that guys stop doing their best. Why should any hitter sacrifice their own stats just so they don't hurt the other team's feelings? gently caress that. If you don't want a team running up the score, lobby the league to implement a softball-style mercy rule. :colbert:

That's my insane rant.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

that was a cool slide

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
A hit for everyone in the lineup tonight, a run for everyone except Albies.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

...! posted:

Good. All those decorum "unwritten rules" are dumb as hell and need to be dropped. gently caress decorum. The game's not over 'til it's over. If the other team puts in a position player, demolish him. Run up the score as much as you can. That's the price you pay for resting your relievers.

I will never understand why some people demand that guys stop doing their best. Why should any hitter sacrifice their own stats just so they don't hurt the other team's feelings? gently caress that. If you don't want a team running up the score, lobby the league to implement a softball-style mercy rule. :colbert:

That's my insane rant.

my stance has always been that "dont run up the score" ceases to have effect once you can vote

you dont like em scoring, stop em from scoring, you're a grown-rear end man.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Atlanta has hit 5 2-run homers. That's all their scoring.

Whoops forgot about those two doubles.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 16, 2023

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Atlanta has hit 6 2-run homers. That's all their scoring.

I'd say that has to be a record, but I'm sure there is some team in 1901 that hit 12 2-run bombs and it was by one player. That player being Tungsten-Arm O'Doyle.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I also just saw that HBP, and I have no idea how Manny Machado is still in the game. It looks like it hit him about 2-3 inches above the wrist. I know it's only 80mph, but that still loving hurts.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lol I mean, what else do you expect when Ross decides to throw out Fulmer yet again in a meaningful inning. Definition of insanity poo poo at this point.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Intruder posted:

the cubs are going to sweep this series

happy to be wrong

right after my doompost the astros took the lead so out of paranoia I couldn't celebrate until the game was over

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sydin posted:

lol I mean, what else do you expect when Ross decides to throw out Fulmer yet again in a meaningful inning. Definition of insanity poo poo at this point.

Feels like just yesterday Fulmer was an "empty your farm to trade for this guy" kind of prospect

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

Feels like just yesterday Fulmer was an "empty your farm to trade for this guy" kind of prospect

Oh yeah I remember there was a ton of chatter years ago about the Cubs moving a haul to try and get him. He was a rookie darling and then between injuries and just kind of falling off his career spiraled. It looked like last year he may have reinvented himself as a great bullpen option but so far it's been an absolute trainwreck this year.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Nice bullpen work. Even you Montero

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Wood looks gassed but that was a strong 4 innings. Need to get him stretched out and banish Manaea or Stripling to the bullpen ASAP

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

gently caress, they pulled Machado. I hope he's okay. :negative:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Nice bullpen work. Even you Montero

I dog on Montero a lot but I saw that he has a .444 BABIP against despite his soft hit ball percentage being really high so hopefully it evens out

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Casey Schmitt is a fun player. Defense and baserunning and spraying line drives around.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The Padres now have three times the walks as hits. How many runs have they gotten despite this bounty of baserunners? Three.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

never in doubt

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Mike_V posted:

nolan gorman is lowkey having a breakout season

He’s been incredible man. After how up and down his rookie year was this has been so encouraging. Would be awesome to try and get him some more run against lefties and see how he holds up.

This game owned, cards are back

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

lmao, Nola

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

save us Doval

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

sick catch

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I think Camilo Doval will have a long career as a closer, and give me many heart attacks along the way

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Twins "Land of Rakes" fishing jacket is probably the best home run celebration yet.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Popete posted:

Twins "Land of Rakes" fishing jacket is probably the best home run celebration yet.

Land of 10,000 Rakes

but yeah it's super great

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol there's no way that was fair

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Got a good late game here

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Buxton ftw

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Can't believe Michael Wacha had a no-hitter through 7. Also more surprised that the Padres didn't end up blowing that game.

I just hope Machado is okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
RBBI