Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CommieGIR posted:

LMAO how do you manage that accidentally??

Trump‐quality contracting.

And he’s stiffed every contractor he’s ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Someone accidentally ran the garden hose into the ceiling of the server room, a simple mistake that anyone could have made.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They would have used the fire sprinklers, but Trump is too cheap for those.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

E- https://twitter.com/allenanalysis/status/1665817503942017026?t=1duh-Qt_O40jZZlYJTwmkw&s=19

Maybe it was an accident...but maybe it wasn't? :hm: #JustAskingQuestions

He finally drained the swamp. #blessed #winning

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

CommieGIR posted:

LMAO how do you manage that accidentally??

Sometimes these things just happen, who's really to blame?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2023/05/25/literal-dumpster-fire-why-was-the-trash-burning-outside-texas-ag-ken-paxtons-office/

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Australia's newest war criminal going all in:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-65813912

quote:

Saying that the 44-year-old was "not an honest and reliable witness", he added: "I have difficulty accepting the applicant's evidence on any disputed issue".

He further found that the Victoria Cross recipient invoked a special forces code of silence to intimidate witnesses, and also smeared and threatened others.

Mr Roberts-Smith had used a private investigator to mail threats to those considering testifying against him, something Judge Besanko said may constitute a criminal offence - either perverting the course of justice or using a postal service to menace, harass or cause offence.

More articles from the reporters at the centre of the trial, published in the days following the judgement, also allege further intimidating behaviour.

Mr Roberts-Smith went to the extent of sending a legal threat to Gina Rinehart, Australia's richest woman, warning that an ex-soldier - Ms Rinehart's relative - would be sued for speaking ill of him, Nine Newspapers reported.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

What’s fantastic about this is that people don’t build things below ground in Florida.

Especially where he lives, he has the Atlantic ocean on one side, the city itself sits in on a bed of limestone, and the Everglades is on the other side.

The chances of a “server room” being built below ground are about 0.0%, so you’d need a pump and a lot of long hose and a lot of intention to flood out the above-ground server room, or any room.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

pmchem posted:

He finally drained the swamp. #blessed #winning

Sounds more like he finally swamped the drain.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Also some loving idiot gave Tulsi Gabbard a BN-level command

https://twitter.com/colcreaghe/status/1665754698018611205?s=46

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Fuuuuuck

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

But gently caress E5 for me.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
What did I miss?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Writers are getting some serious backup - screen actors guild authorized a strike if the union wants to call one.

https://twitter.com/sagaftranews/status/1665905582946017282?t=2IhEHyxpmPRNKUmpAWFtcw&s=19

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

pantslesswithwolves posted:

How the gently caress is she still in? She's an obvious national security threat.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Cugel the Clever posted:

How the gently caress is she still in? She's an obvious national security threat.

Civil affairs units just broadcast propaganda, right? She seems qualified.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Civil affairs units just broadcast propaganda, right? She seems qualified.

That's Psychological Operations, or Military Information Support Operations. Civil Affairs works with local governments, NGOs, or just the locals to help bring stability to areas usually by building things or funding projects. Civil Affairs in the active component is in 1st Special Forces Command, essentially the higher headquarters for all the Special Forces Groups, Psyops, and as stated Civil Affairs.

Thankfully looks like she's under the Reserve component command of Civil Affairs, which is kind of seen as a joke and isn't historically responsible for a whole lot of important stuff. The active CA folks are pretty solid from my work with them, my only direct involvement with the reserve folks is when they used to run Operation Toy Drop at FT Bragg up until it was cancelled a few years back.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Platystemon posted:

Trump‐quality contracting.

And he’s stiffed every contractor he’s ever had.

I used to do a lot of telecom project management in Manhattan, including on one of his buildings. Everyone experienced on the construction side said that his buildings are built as cheaply as possible. Poor materials, etc. All of that is then covered with a tacky veneer of what he considers "classy." Even the "gold leaf" in most places is just paint.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Buttery males, 33,000 deleted, bleach on the servers oh wait it was projection.

Again.

Every single loving time.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This is why I’m convinced that by and large the folks who still identify as Conservatives and are constantly crowing about pedophiles are in fact themselves pedophiles.

Exceptions obviously. And probably not even a majority. Just a statistically significant number of conservatives.

Still.

It’s always loving projection with these people, it seems.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

This is why I’m convinced that by and large the folks who still identify as Conservatives and are constantly crowing about pedophiles are in fact themselves pedophiles.

Exceptions obviously. And probably not even a majority. Just a statistically significant number of conservatives.

Still.

It’s always loving projection with these people, it seems.
They may not actually do the thing they are accusing others of, but they definitely would if they thought they could get away with it. The logic seems to be "I would do [horrible thing] if I was in power, therefore the democrats must secretly be doing [horrible thing]."

2023 american conservatives are The Worst People. Film at 11.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

stealie72 posted:

They may not actually do the thing they are accusing others of, but they definitely would if they thought they could get away with it. The logic seems to be "I would do [horrible thing] if I was in power, therefore the democrats must secretly be doing [horrible thing]."

2023 american conservatives are The Worst People. Film at 11.

They already do - including pushing for more leniency for child marriage and loosening sexual assault laws.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
https://twitter.com/HNTurtledove/status/1666056403960864770?s=20

Just because I think he's been brought up before in these threads: it's nice to see the author of questionable books I read as a kid isn't a piece of poo poo. Never saw him on twitter before.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:lol:

PGA and LIV are merging. It’s official.

Inshallah?

Sigh. Link.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dum Cumpster posted:

Just because I think he's been brought up before in these threads: it's nice to see the author of questionable books I read as a kid isn't a piece of poo poo. Never saw him on twitter before.

huh I guess guns of the south really wasnt an endorsement

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

He does nuke several southern cities in his Timeline 191 series

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

yikes, woof, wow, and yuck

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Dum Cumpster posted:

Oh yeah he definitely uses dystopian premises but isn’t pro-confederate or pro-Germany winning the war. In the latter case, in the Worldwar series an alien invasion during WWII means the humans (mostly) stop fighting each other and an uneasy peace means Germany is still fascist into the 1960s. The launch a poorly conceived attack on the aliens still on earth without the support of the Soviets or Allies and get the tar nuked out of them, and when asked in an online chat why that had happened, Turtledove commented that he hates nazis.

Won’t defend the quality of all his works especially later career, although he has mentioned having multiple kids in college at the same time meaning he had a need for page count.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Oh yeah he definitely uses dystopian premises but isn’t pro-confederate or pro-Germany winning the war. In the latter case, in the Worldwar series an alien invasion during WWII means the humans (mostly) stop fighting each other and an uneasy peace means Germany is still fascist into the 1960s. The launch a poorly conceived attack on the aliens still on earth without the support of the Soviets or Allies and get the tar nuked out of them, and when asked in an online chat why that had happened, Turtledove commented that he hates nazis.

Won’t defend the quality of all his works especially later career, although he has mentioned having multiple kids in college at the same time meaning he had a need for page count.

I'm just going off what I remember from reading them ~20 years ago, and being let down by most other public figures, but that's good to hear.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

It really wasn't, and it was obvious just by reading the text.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Dum Cumpster posted:

I'm just going off what I remember from reading them ~20 years ago, and being let down by most other public figures, but that's good to hear.

Oh yeah Michael Crichton was a bummer. George RR Martin less so but still tarnished by a poorly conceived promise to keep writing mega books when he clearly wants to be working in tv.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Turtledove has been pretty angry online against conservatives for years. His twitter is fun and its nice to see old white sci-fi author turn out like that

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Inshallah?

Sigh. Link.

https://twitter.com/Reflog_18/status/1666088578995335171?t=59O0eXg6hfdICdJealYv9w&s=19

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn it you mush mouth rear end in a top hat I haven’t watched any of the final season if you just ruined the end for me I swear to god I’m mailing you all the pubic and taint hair I can shave off of my fat rear end unkempt Hebrew body.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Goddamn it you mush mouth rear end in a top hat I haven’t watched any of the final season if you just ruined the end for me I swear to god I’m mailing you all the pubic and taint hair I can shave off of my fat rear end unkempt Hebrew body.

bro its not like they are spoiling the end of suits wherein Rachel Zane fucks a prince and gets married. its just succession

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Same, but gentile

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Hopefully regulators stop this

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheWeedNumber posted:

bro its not like they are spoiling the end of suits wherein Rachel Zane fucks a prince and gets married. its just succession

I don’t pay extra to be able to stream Suits (Which I have to cop to knowing nothing about) :(.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

That Works posted:

Turtledove has been pretty angry online against conservatives for years. His twitter is fun and its nice to see old white sci-fi author turn out like that

Oh for sure, like finding the twitters of mid level Star Trek actors and breathing a sigh of relief it’s just a mix of convention promos, being mad at trump, & tweeting at their cell phone company’s customer service.

Turtledove’s newer longer works aren’t worth the read but he has short stories that are fun and available for free: https://www.tor.com/author/harry-turtledove/

Lee at the Alamo, Cayos in the Stream, and The Eighth-Grade History Class Visits the Hebrew Home for the Aging are good. Vilcabamba is one of my favorite things he’s written.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

It's simply a husband and wife lovingly holding hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So a long while ago, I basically said the only serious stuff to come out of Congress for a while was going to be the debt ceiling bill and appropriations bills, if we're all lucky.

Right on cue - debt ceiling bill passes and that's that, time for the circus:

https://twitter.com/FarnoushAmiri/status/1666157558602530831?t=-SgS29fWieo3U0996TTN1Q&s=19

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1666158410981572645?t=q4bP1URGj8e7XOuTLAuDjA&s=19

So that's more or less the end of having to care about Congress, unless they fail to move appropriations and a CR-kick in causes a 1% across the board cut.

Edit: https://twitter.com/JamesHesky/status/1666112128703406081?t=xwGC17_PaHx5Ndsdzsae0g&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 6, 2023