Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It is morally correct to steal from corporate stores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Actually most small businesses I worked for were run by racists/Republicans (repetitive word choice) so you can probably steal from those too

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Actually most small businesses I worked for were run by racists/Republicans (repetitive word choice) so you can probably steal from those too

this is a good point

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Shoplift if you're white and can get away with it. Inflation driving food prices is fake anyway, their making record profits and making U the mark. Don't be the mark and don't even get me started on health care coats. bye!!!

https://time.com/6269366/food-company-profits-make-groceries-expensive/

can we shoplift healthcare?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Thesaurus posted:

shoplifting over the counter meds was literally my healthcare for a while, america ftw

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Thesaurus posted:

god, i wish

i just had to spend 6 thousand goddamn dollars on a tooth extraction and implant lmao wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

naem
May 29, 2011

Songbearer posted:

Steal from us all you like but for God's sake practice subtlety and if you get caught then don't flip the gently caress out

I really don't want to have to deal with shoplifters and I definitely don't want to be a watchdog for capital but treat theft like a job and don't be a dick when you do get caught out

the only grocery store in walking distance of my sf apartment got really bad leading up the the pandemic, and it wasn’t just food grabbed by homeless folks passing through the park it was multiple bottles of expensive booze etc.

they hired security and then had to hire bigger, beefier security because it got violent, multiple times I was stuck waiting for a screaming match or wrestling that blocked the exit. Lots of smashed windows

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

Just don't pay the bills. It's like shoplifting.

Also, if left alone in a room, steal a bunch of rubber gloves and those wooden tongue depressors.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Songbearer posted:

Steal from us all you like but for God's sake practice subtlety and if you get caught then don't flip the gently caress out

I really don't want to have to deal with shoplifters and I definitely don't want to be a watchdog for capital but treat theft like a job and don't be a dick when you do get caught out

They just let you go if you're chill

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

redshirt posted:

Also, if left alone in a room, steal a bunch of rubber gloves and those wooden tongue depressors.

Bring them to your next visit so you can say you brought your own and they don't bill you for em. It's like the shoplifting version of BOGO.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

i knew someone who stole a bunch of poo poo from compusa back in the day

and now they are out of business? coincidence???

i stole a video card from circuit city in 2002 and now look at them :smug:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
good i thing i studied the blade pencilhands

my poop katana will strike down your shits sir!!!

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Cutting steaks at work and packaging a few as "hamburger 80/20" to take home was always good and cool

When I was a kid my dad used to get good meat from the deli counter and then ask for some lovely cuts of around the same weight “for the dogs” then swap the stickers and dump the cheap meat somewhere else in the store.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

redshirt posted:

lol taht's basically what i do.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Buce posted:

god, i wish

i just had to spend 6 thousand goddamn dollars on a tooth extraction and implant lmao wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That's what my friend got quoted for a tooth he chipped eating a bagel. He got the work done in Colombia for much less.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chrs posted:

When I was a kid my dad used to get good meat from the deli counter and then ask for some lovely cuts of around the same weight “for the dogs” then swap the stickers and dump the cheap meat somewhere else in the store.

your dads a hero

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

kntfkr posted:

That's what my friend got quoted for a tooth he chipped eating a bagel. He got the work done in Colombia for much less.

medical tourism is a sad reality.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Not relegated to the states either, Canada also tells you to get hosed

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

from other threads? no, and I don't give a poo poo.

to actually contribute, I guess color me surprised that cops took data and twisted it to scare the poo poo out of people. It's a shame the damage is done and you'll never convince people that it was BS to begin with. That said, living near the downtown of a metro area, the mood has definitely changed there and not for the better. But then, I also probably just tell myself that as an excuse to not go downtown, cause I'm slowly becoming a hermit.

Biohazard fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 29, 2023

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Thesaurus posted:

If you’re not worried about your credit, just don’t pay the bills. Also, just wait until it’s an emergency and go to your local emergency department for treatment; EMTALA their rear end!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Stealing from corporations is ethically justifiable and actually just good in general.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Chinatown posted:

Stealing from corporations is ethically justifiable and actually just good in general.

I used to stick it to the whole foods down the street every morning. they had a hot bar with eggs and bacon and poo poo, but I would just grab the container for oatmeal and fill it up with protieny goodness, so it was like 2 bucks for a whole contaienr.. gently caress you jeff bezos, I'm a god drat criminal mastermind.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Last time I went to Whole Foods it was with a friend and we were shopping for a group of people hanging out. The fruit plate was like forty something dollars. Anyway, we stole like half the total.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Looks like we're burning it down.....

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
When I was dating my now-wife the first time we went to France she shoplifted a bunch of stuff from this expensive boutique. I was sitting on a bench by the Centre Pompidou and watched her get stopped at the exit. She couldn’t do french and I was wondering if I should go over there

She played the sorry I am a clueless foreigner card well enough and got away with just giving the stuff back

Except not really, the items she actually wanted weren’t in her purse they were stuffed in her bra and she still has and wears them

That’s the day I knew, and we still shoplift from big name grocery stores, no regrets this is praxis

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

other day i got 3 packets of kool-aid but only scanned 2 at the self checkout

they're so light the scale didn't even register there was an extra one in there :smug:

idiots. +39 cents for me

Nurglings
May 6, 2016

MoonshineWilly posted:

Every item is BOGO at the self-checkout, if you’re talented enough.

or costs $0.49/lb, or whatever bananas are nowadays

used to work at a grocery store and you better believe I was eating a pound of chicken wings bananas for lunch every day

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Nurglings posted:

or costs $0.49/lb, or whatever bananas are nowadays

used to work at a grocery store and you better believe I was eating a pound of chicken wings bananas for lunch every day

The funny part about this is now at a lot of chains that have self checkouts they've implemented features to try and catch this where when you key in a code it's like "Please weigh your BANANAS" then "place the BANANAS in the bagging area". Most of my grocery shopping tends to be produce that gets keyed in so it's pretty annoying to have the machine screaming at me the entire time like I'm trying to defraud the place. I would just do the normal checkout lines there but because they have self checkout they have 10 rows of normal cashier lines with 1 maybe 2 open at a given time and huge lines so instead I just shop at a different store that doesn't treat me like a criminal.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I like to take things from lost and founds. Who does it really belong to, anyway?

Nurglings
May 6, 2016

PoundSand posted:

The funny part about this is now at a lot of chains that have self checkouts they've implemented features to try and catch this where when you key in a code it's like "Please weigh your BANANAS" then "place the BANANAS in the bagging area". Most of my grocery shopping tends to be produce that gets keyed in so it's pretty annoying to have the machine screaming at me the entire time like I'm trying to defraud the place. I would just do the normal checkout lines there but because they have self checkout they have 10 rows of normal cashier lines with 1 maybe 2 open at a given time and huge lines so instead I just shop at a different store that doesn't treat me like a criminal.

the machines did the same thing when I worked there, though granted it's been like 12 years now so they've probably turned the volume up or gotten more aggressive in a different way, but I got around it by immediately pressing the PAY NOW button

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Seth Pecksniff posted:

As opposed to getting a 15% discount you have to pay for?

those brave, courageous service members paid for it :911:

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

Nurglings posted:

the machines did the same thing when I worked there, though granted it's been like 12 years now so they've probably turned the volume up or gotten more aggressive in a different way, but I got around it by immediately pressing the PAY NOW button

At Kroger you can turn the volume down. I used to buy a ton of visa gift cards and learned that quickly to avoid it yelling to everybody in the store that I was walking out with three $500 gift cards.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Does anyone remember maybe like a year or two ago there was a video of a shoplifter going to Whole foods videoing the whole thing to Robin Hood and Little John going through forest disney song then at the end of the video they start handing out that poo poo to the homeless? Was a real cool video.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I accidentally stole one of those Rice-a-Roni cups because they're so light the scale didn't even register it.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Hollismason posted:

Does anyone remember maybe like a year or two ago there was a video of a shoplifter going to Whole foods videoing the whole thing to Robin Hood and Little John going through forest disney song then at the end of the video they start handing out that poo poo to the homeless? Was a real cool video.

Never saw it but here it is. Pretty great!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Jelly posted:

Never saw it but here it is. Pretty great!

Yep thats it.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Glad to know my assumption that fred meyer is full of poo poo when they won't let me leave the store without checking my receipt is correct. They definitely need a guy with a gun and bulletproof vest marking my purchase with a highlighter.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Triikan posted:

At Kroger you can turn the volume down. I used to buy a ton of visa gift cards and learned that quickly to avoid it yelling to everybody in the store that I was walking out with three $500 gift cards.

not at the ones near me anymore lol, they outright disabled lowering the volume... but hey you can crank 'er up to 2x!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I used to work in a camera shop/photo lab that didn't have a camera on the actual inventory room, just the hallway with the entrance to it. Me and the assistant manager unloaded the photo paper order, stuffed some expensive cameras into the boxes they came in then walked them out to our car trucks parked by the cardboard recycling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

When I was dating my now-wife the first time we went to France she shoplifted a bunch of stuff from this expensive boutique. I was sitting on a bench by the Centre Pompidou and watched her get stopped at the exit. She couldn’t do french and I was wondering if I should go over there

She played the sorry I am a clueless foreigner card well enough and got away with just giving the stuff back

Except not really, the items she actually wanted weren’t in her purse they were stuffed in her bra and she still has and wears them

That’s the day I knew, and we still shoplift from big name grocery stores, no regrets this is praxis

wait, you and your wife shoplift as a couples activity?

That's loving rad : )