Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Chiefs' Lost Season is in full effect

RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Kalli posted:

Yeah, Toney made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to be on the receiving end of anything

:thurman:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Parallelwoody posted:

I have watched A LOT of bad lions football, and while I'm not saying there hasn't been worse games, it's the worst one I can remember by a player.

I watched Donte Moncrief have 2 games like this in 2019

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Codependent Poster posted:

So the Chiefs probably had the record on uncalled penalties last night, right? I wonder if someone is going to go through each snap whe6 the RT was both lined up illegally and committed a false start, because it has to be almost every passing down

So much holding by the O line too. I froze one frame where a chief (I think it might've been Jawaan Taylor or else the right guard) has one hand wrapped around the jersey of a rusher right at the neck as the rusher tries to pull away and follow a scrambling Mahomes. The refs were really hesitant with the flags last night

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

D-LINK posted:

I watched Donte Moncrief have 2 games like this in 2019
A Steelers friend of mine called him "Poop Emoji" for the rest of Moncrief's Steeler's career.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 8, 2023

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
There's no way he was as blatant with this with the Jags right? Chiefs fans are saying oh he does that all the time and they never call it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pasaluki posted:

There's no way he was as blatant with this with the Jags right? Chiefs fans are saying oh he does that all the time and they never call it.
No he was just bad (supposedly somewhat better last year). Bad as in lots of penalties of every variety and also bad at blocking. The deal he got from the Chiefs was remarkable because the Jags are bad but even Trent Baalke aint dumb enough to pay Jawaan that kind of money for his production.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

Why does Toney insist on doing this insane Great Cornholio look

He identifies with those who will never score.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Silly Burrito posted:

lmao

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Silly Burrito posted:

:thurman:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

:five:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Silly Burrito posted:

Beautiful

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Silly Burrito posted:

10/10, no notes

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

:perfect:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Silly Burrito posted:

:golfclap:

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I'm glad we got our yearly Dumb Loss out of the way early this season.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

also what's up with Taylors knee jerking around before the snap, that poo poo is silly.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Was there any follow-up on how the refs let the tackle line up in the backfield all game and commit false starts? Seemed like that neutralized Hutchinson a bit in the game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

pasaluki posted:

Taylor jumping was what caused Joey Bosa to melt down last year in the wild card game

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Niwrad posted:

Was there any follow-up on how the refs let the tackle line up in the backfield all game and commit false starts? Seemed like that neutralized Hutchinson a bit in the game.

Hutch was placed inside quite a bit of the time I noticed, and he was going up against Trey Smith (the guard) for a fair amount of the game.

So Taylor was just doing this every play against whoever. And once again...if you don't call me for a penalty I'm going to keep doing that poo poo until you do. Just dirty boxing going on here, if you don't shut it down it's going to keep happening and getting worse.

Credit to Taylor for not lining up at halfback by the end of the game honestly.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Yeah I don't blame Taylor but I feel like that should have been a bigger story after the game. You would have thought someone might have pointed it out to the crew at halftime.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/CarlMast/status/1700218172236873904/photo/1

lol at the slot guy being on the line and the lineman lined up at the same depth as the outside WR

he's like 2-3 yards deep from the LOS

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
He's doing the same thing that the LOB Seattle teams did. Commit the same penalty all the time, force the refs to call it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

<<<<<<

I approve

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

:holymoley:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Silly Burrito posted:

:discourse:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/leek_uncle/status/1699965275318222951

God I missed the NFL season.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

With all of the non calls for the tackle being off the line makes wonder if the refs just legit don't look where the o line are lined up at all

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hold up, let him cook.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

would have been nice if Toney played like that in the super bowl

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Weird way to find out Skyy Moore was cut by the colts

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

maybe he should skyy less

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Codependent Poster posted:

https://twitter.com/CarlMast/status/1700218172236873904/photo/1

lol at the slot guy being on the line and the lineman lined up at the same depth as the outside WR

he's like 2-3 yards deep from the LOS

How many have to be on the LOS? I remember seeing weird plays where there's just the centre snapping the ball with the rest out near the sideline, some hail mary trick play poo poo with 2 seconds left?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Play posted:

So much holding by the O line too. I froze one frame where a chief (I think it might've been Jawaan Taylor or else the right guard) has one hand wrapped around the jersey of a rusher right at the neck as the rusher tries to pull away and follow a scrambling Mahomes. The refs were really hesitant with the flags last night

baldy agrees w me on the holding too. it was weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34jlQ6LjtYc

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fat Jesus posted:

How many have to be on the LOS? I remember seeing weird plays where there's just the centre snapping the ball with the rest out near the sideline, some hail mary trick play poo poo with 2 seconds left?

The exact rules are:

a) There must be at least 7 players on the line
b) Eligible receivers must be on both ends of the line, and all the players on the line inbetween them must be ineligible receivers
c) No player may be out of bounds

Simple right? Well let's define a few more terms

SCRIMMAGE LINE. The line of scrimmage is the vertical plane of the yard line that passes through the forward point
of the ball after it has been made ready for play. The term scrimmage line, or line, implies a play from scrimmage

NEUTRAL ZONE. The neutral zone is the space between the forward and backward points of the ball (planes) and
extends to the sidelines. It starts when the ball is ready for play

PLAYER ON LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. A player of Team A, who is on the line of scrimmage, must have his shoulders
facing Team B’s goal line.

Subnotes:

Item 1. Non-Snapper. If he is not the snapper, no part of his body is permitted to be in the neutral zone at the snap, and his
helmet must break a vertical plane that passes through the beltline of the snapper.

Item 2. Snapper. If he is the snapper, no part of his body may be beyond the neutral zone.

Item 3. Team B. A Team B player in a three-point or four-point stance is considered to be on the line of scrimmage if he is within
one yard of the neutral zone. A Team B player in a two-point stance is considered to be on the line if any part of his body is
breaking the vertical plane that passes through the feet of the deepest down lineman.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Thanks, I still don't have Billy Five Aces level of understanding all that.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Theoretically he is not breaking the rules by lining up where he is if there is a WR or TE on the line instead, but in that case the WR or TE would be breaking the ineligible man downfield rule. The Ravens IIRC used that kind of fuckery to confuse the Patriots once

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Play posted:

baldy agrees w me on the holding too. it was weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34jlQ6LjtYc

i agree with you as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Rogue Elephant posted:

Theoretically he is not breaking the rules by lining up where he is if there is a WR or TE on the line instead, but in that case the WR or TE would be breaking the ineligible man downfield rule. The Ravens IIRC used that kind of fuckery to confuse the Patriots once

Also you have to announce it