Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
A 3.5" diameter bad dragon dildo, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

DrSunshine posted:

A 3.5" diameter bad dragon dildo, OP.

Only 3.5"?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
You gotta go for at least 5".

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

If your guts aren't rearranged are you really getting the BD experience?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
Put all your lights on dimmers, it's so nice at night to just dim all the lights in the house. Even places you wouldn't think like the bathroom, when you are having a party having the bathroom light on the dimmer makes it really inviting for guests.

This probably falls under robot, but really putting everything in a home automation system, we have a Google Assistant display in every room in the house and every light in the house is dimmable and connected to the system, so if you want to adjust the thermostat from bed, or turn all the lights out you can just do it from the bedside screen. Also works for whole house audio for the same system so you can just cast from your phone or one of the screens any song or playlist from Spotify across the entire house.

Oh, also, keypad door lock, my car uses my phone as a key so I literally no longer carry any keys with me.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 15, 2023

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Three Olives posted:

Oh, also, keypad door lock, my car uses my phone as a key so I literally no longer carry any keys with me.

I was thinking earlier about posting keyless cars - my car literally has no key at all, and while I could use my phone I haven't set it up yet, and would still carry the dongle out of an excess of caution.

Never having to take my keys out of pocket is actually super nice, and just having to touch one of the front doorhandles to unlock the car is also incredibly handy. I can also use my phone to remote start the car and do some other poo poo - that's a separate app than the key-equivalent thing, and also comes in really handy to cool off or warm up the interior before I get in as appropriate.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I was thinking earlier about posting keyless cars - my car literally has no key at all, and while I could use my phone I haven't set it up yet, and would still carry the dongle out of an excess of caution.

Never having to take my keys out of pocket is actually super nice, and just having to touch one of the front doorhandles to unlock the car is also incredibly handy. I can also use my phone to remote start the car and do some other poo poo - that's a separate app than the key-equivalent thing, and also comes in really handy to cool off or warm up the interior before I get in as appropriate.

Don't even need a backup key for mine or the phone, a there is a hidden capacitive keypad on the door, type in a pin code and the door will open, then put in a more secure alphanumeric passcode in the touch screen and the car will go into drive mode.

My husband's car has a button on the door to unlock the handle but one thing I loved about my BMW is it had a sensor on the inside of the door handle so the second you stuck your hand in the handle, if you had the keyfob with you the doors would automatically unlock. My new car just has a button that lights up when you approach the car, press the button and a little arm in the door physically pops the door open for you. There is a tiny vestigial door handle on the front but not back doors but there is already space between the door and the door frame to just open it using the door frame.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Three Olives posted:

Don't even need a backup key for mine or the phone, a there is a hidden capacitive keypad on the door, type in a pin code and the door will open, then put in a more secure alphanumeric passcode in the touch screen and the car will go into drive mode.

My husband's car has a button on the door to unlock the handle but one thing I loved about my BMW is it had a sensor on the inside of the door handle so the second you stuck your hand in the handle, if you had the keyfob with you the doors would automatically unlock. My new car just has a button that lights up when you approach the car, press the button and a little arm in the door physically pops the door open for you. There is a tiny vestigial door handle on the front but not back doors but there is already space between the door and the door frame to just open it using the door frame.

Yeah, when I get close the doorhandles light up, and there's a sensor on the inside of the door handle to unlock it. There's also a small touchpad on the outside of the door handle I touch to lock all the doors again. Seems like a small thing, but at this point I am absolutely spoiled by it. Using an actual physical key feels barbaric.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

if youve got modular synthesizers get yourself a hosa pch-212 monkey bar you animal. get that poo poo sorted out.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Yeah, when I get close the doorhandles light up, and there's a sensor on the inside of the door handle to unlock it. There's also a small touchpad on the outside of the door handle I touch to lock all the doors again. Seems like a small thing, but at this point I am absolutely spoiled by it. Using an actual physical key feels barbaric.

I'm guessing you have the BMW comfort access? That sounds exactly like my old car, my new one still has the capacitive lock button but if you used the keyfob or phone as the proximity key, if you just walk away from the car it will automatically lock itself.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Three Olives posted:

I'm guessing you have the BMW comfort access? That sounds exactly like my old car, my new one still has the capacitive lock button but if you used the keyfob or phone as the proximity key, if you just walk away from the car it will automatically lock itself.

No, it's a Hyundai. Just a really well-appointed one. I bought the car based off the performance specs - all the luxury stuff was just a happy surprise for me, since I wasn't shopping with that in mind.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Margot Robbie.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That's my Barbie!

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Do mojitos count as an object

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I bet I can get double digit MPM with this bad boy if it's tuned right. If I'm thinking right that's almost 600 an hour.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

bitterandtwisted posted:

Cloth handkerchiefs. So much better than paper hankies, and if you leave one in your pocket they don't disintegrate in the wash and cover everything in tiny bits.

I have a ton of these that I get from estate sales and thrift stores. The pretty printed ones I wear like a bandana and the boring ones get stuck in my purse/coat pockets/car. They're fantastic.

I iron the ones I wear, but my best friend irons and starches all her hankies. She is deranged.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Babylon 5 all seasons dvd box set

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Wireless charging adapters. I used stuff like this (I'm not sure this is a great example but it looks very similar to the ones I've gotten: https://www.newegg.com/p/359-00G7-00006?Item=9SIABES4XB6050) to convert old phones to wireless charging, and used one to make the Pixel 6a I got for my dad be able to wirelessly charge. They might not provide the fastest charging (the ones I got do put out more power than the example linked above), but it is incredibly handy. I'm really surprised more people don't use them, because never having to deal with plugging cables in or worry about snagging a cable and pulling the phone off the desk or wherever is a serious quality of life improvement.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Back scratcher.

Bang for buck one of the very best things I own.

:agreed:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Wireless charging adapters. I used stuff like this (I'm not sure this is a great example but it looks very similar to the ones I've gotten: https://www.newegg.com/p/359-00G7-00006?Item=9SIABES4XB6050) to convert old phones to wireless charging, and used one to make the Pixel 6a I got for my dad be able to wirelessly charge. They might not provide the fastest charging (the ones I got do put out more power than the example linked above), but it is incredibly handy. I'm really surprised more people don't use them, because never having to deal with plugging cables in or worry about snagging a cable and pulling the phone off the desk or wherever is a serious quality of life improvement.

I don't like wireless chargers, mostly because they are too slow.

Now, one of these dual USB-C 100W GaN chargers is what you want for speed. All power modes supported, charges laptops, tablets, phones, speakers, flashlights*, weed vape, vibrators, even has enough power for my portable soldering iron. Supports rapid charge mode for both my Asus and previous OnePlus phone.

Perfect for holidays with multiple devices.

Edit: this flashlight is cheap and small and USB-C AND 18650 AND dazzlingly bright at max settings.

Wurkkos FC-11

I took it on a tour of a copper mine and the mine tour guide had a big fancy professional flashlight and my little pocket guy just shat lumens all over it and the tour guide was jealous.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 16, 2023

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

it's the best tool i've ever bought, it drives 3" deck screws through anything, i could build a tower to kill the gods of the moon with just this and enough lumber

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I have a brushless drill driver from Bosch, it's a great all round tool but the party trick is the ESC that detects the torque stall from the clutch and stops the motor as the screw reaches perfect depth. No finesse needed, just mash the trigger and it will stop the screw right at perfect torque.

No one *needs* this feature of course but when you have to put like 80 panel screws in a cabinet job you can go much much faster without worrying about stripped screws and rounded bits.

Combine with Torx head screws and good quality bits you can essentially dismantle and reassemble everything too, and even reuse all the screws for another project.

I never buy posi drive screws now unless it's absolutely the only option, Torx all the way.

(I have and like Robertson too but they are way rarer here)

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Sep 16, 2023

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Buy some extra towels. You might think you have enough, but trust me, having 2 or 3 bonus towels will totally save you someday. Those hitchhikers know what they're talking about.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

emSparkly posted:

Buy some extra towels. You might think you have enough, but trust me, having 2 or 3 bonus towels will totally save you someday. Those hitchhikers know what they're talking about.

And keep some crappy but good sized ones in your car.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Devils Affricate posted:

For real these kick rear end, when I see a fly in the house now I actually get a little excited because that means it's fps time

These things loving rule

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

An enchanted bar of soap that helps you repopulate the planet after the apocalypse. With.. welp guess your daughter is the only one left. My grandmother would have washed their mouth out with it, talking that way.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

MikeJF posted:

It's funny how in my head legionnaires hats are for kids (mainly because that's most of the people you see wearing them in oz) because really that's the best least annoying effective sun hat even if it's also the dorkiest.

If my boonie hat had a neck cover that could be tucked away, it’d be perfect

Perfectly dorky, I agree, but I stopped caring about being cool in my mid-20s when I became more insular and misanthropic. Not that I was ever cool

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
If you love doing loud poo poo and hate going deaf these: just kick so much rear end. I can't really wear over the ear earpro comfortably and these goofy little things have been amazing. Not as tough feeling as the foam ones and not as hard to put in as the molded ones but still stop the 3 days of tinnitus from playing music at unacceptable volumes. :hai:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Three Olives posted:

Put all your lights on dimmers, it's so nice at night to just dim all the lights in the house. Even places you wouldn't think like the bathroom, when you are having a party having the bathroom light on the dimmer makes it really inviting for guests.

The previous owner put my house's master bath on a dimmer and it owns. You can get up to pee in the middle of the night without having to choose between doing it blind and reducing your eyes to smoldering craters.

Literally A Person posted:

If you love doing loud poo poo and hate going deaf these: just kick so much rear end. I can't really wear over the ear earpro comfortably and these goofy little things have been amazing. Not as tough feeling as the foam ones and not as hard to put in as the molded ones but still stop the 3 days of tinnitus from playing music at unacceptable volumes. :hai:

I have these for concerts:

They're designed to reduce different frequencies of sound relatively evenly so it doesn't mess with sound quality. It's not perfect, and there may well be a better brand, but it's a real quality of life improvement if you like metal shows.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The previous owner put my house's master bath on a dimmer and it owns. You can get up to pee in the middle of the night without having to choose between doing it blind and reducing your eyes to smoldering craters.

They're designed to reduce different frequencies of sound relatively evenly so it doesn't mess with sound quality. It's not perfect, and there may well be a better brand, but it's a real quality of life improvement if you like metal shows.

Does the pause-button work? The band just stops?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Icochet posted:

Does the pause-button work? The band just stops?

Yeah but then the crowd gets really mad and kicks your rear end. :(

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

Devils Affricate posted:

For real these kick rear end, when I see a fly in the house now I actually get a little excited because that means it's fps time

Thank you for reminding me about these. Just ordered one. loving flies will rue the day.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

100% of the wireless charging hardware I have used has glitched and fried one or more device ports. I do not trust wireless charging devices.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if you're sick and tired of the cheap adhesive detaching from bags that have the built-in ziploc type thing on the top that's super crappy and always fails when you're about 1/3 of the way through whatever is in the bag, get a bunch of these in different sizes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y68C8G6

it's just a tube with a rod through it so you crease the top of the bag over and slip it through. airtight, no moving plastic clips or anything so should last forever

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Thank you for reminding me about these. Just ordered one. loving flies will rue the day.

Please be careful and wear safety glasses or close your eyes when firing. :)

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Or get an electric flyswatter

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Blue Footed Booby posted:

ear protection is vital. been religious about it through my army days and my raver days. still hear great while most of my peers from both groups are deaf as hell

dunno if i’d go for these ones though. etymotics are only a few bucks more and those suckers are solid

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Extra row of tits posted:

And keep some crappy but good sized ones in your car.

even better, run by harbor freight and cop a moving blanket. not sure what it’s like now, but in the before times that was a less than $5 purchase

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Self-soldering heat-shrink butt splice tubes

amazon

So much easier, better, cleaner, and faster than using a soldering iron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
The clitoris