Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The Bears can absolutely win a game this year. Their offense just has to play nearly perfectly, their opponent needs to be a bad team, and their opponent needs to poo poo their britches. All at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

fishing with the fam posted:

The Bears can absolutely win a game this year. Their offense just has to play nearly perfectly, their opponent needs to be a bad team, and their opponent needs to poo poo their britches. All at the same time.

Are the Bears playing the Bears at all this season?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Samadhi posted:

Are the Bears playing the Bears at all this season?

Yeah they play the Panthers

Or Bears south

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
I think it's really sad that Greg Olsen is forced to only commentate Bears or Panthers games. I think someone should do something about that. On the other hand, I think it's hilarious that Bears fans get reminded of past mismanagement every time he's assigned to their games. So I think nothing should change.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bird in a Blender posted:

I want to be a part of history. I want to see this team be the first to go 0-17. I want Virginia to live long enough to see this team become the official laughingstock of the NFL. Just all out embarrassment.

Virginia must suffer

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Virginia must suffer

I haven't seen a Virginia this badly abused by a group of men from the upper Midwest since July 3rd, 1863. Folks,

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I haven't seen a Virginia this badly abused by a group of men from the upper Midwest since July 3rd, 1863. Folks,

:hmmyes: it's our flag now

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cognac McCarthy posted:

:perfect:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lamar Jackson owns the single season QB rush record. Not Vick.

Otherwise everything in this thread has been true and hilarious.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Any Given Sunday and all, but I definitely do feel the Bears can squeak out a win from this schedule:

Raiders aren't very well run, divisional games always get weird, and Arizona is also knee deep in their own tank job. That said, the Bears are so so bad and I hope and pray for an 0-17 season.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Bears will win in Lambeau, alhamdulillah

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bears winning a meaningless game in Lambeau to take them out of the number one pick is the most Bears thing that could possibly happen.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

It feels like I say this 10 times a season but that Bears v Panthers game is the worst Thursday night game ever.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Mystic Stylez posted:

it brings balance to the universe that they are the same rare athletic freaks with top made up stats from the same college playing the same position and they both suck beyond imagination:

I love the idea that these drills are being accurately timed down to the hundredth of a second and that .02 seconds makes an appreciable difference between two results

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Gorson posted:

It feels like I say this 10 times a season but that Bears v Panthers game is the worst Thursday night game ever.

Yet.

Also probably a battle for meaningless draft position.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yet.

Also probably a battle for meaningless draft position.

The bears own both picks

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
But it will be hilarious when they win and it changes the tie breakers turning 1 and 2 into 3 and 4

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

HootTheOwl posted:

The bears own both picks

Yes, that’s why I called it meaningless.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
The Bears will probably win in a couple of nights, classic comedown game for Washington

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Gorson posted:

Both teams looking at the calendar going "well at least we can win THAT game"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

seiferguy posted:

Any Given Sunday and all, but I definitely do feel the Bears can squeak out a win from this schedule:

Raiders aren't very well run, divisional games always get weird, and Arizona is also knee deep in their own tank job. That said, the Bears are so so bad and I hope and pray for an 0-17 season.

Arizona are bad but they never stop putting up a fight. They're far better than the Bears.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I refuse to believe that the Vikings can beat the Bears twice.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Criminal Minded posted:

Chicago's punishment for being the best city in the USA is being an absolute nightmare pit of comical despair when it comes to pro sports teams

well that and the graft

:thunk:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Chicago rules and is definitely my forever home after also living in large east coast and west coast cities :hai:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah Chicago in late spring/Summer/early Fall is by far the best city to visit in the country.

lol chicago and northern illinois winters

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I support the Bears of Chicago on this quest.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Chicago loving rules. The city is great, it has phenomenal food and a great variety of it. The city absolutely deserves better on its head than the pro teams that occupy the city.

The Bears should be forced to play in Decatur

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If the Chicago Bears go 0-17 I'll drink Malort in solidarity to all my Midwest goons. :toxx:

There are supposedly bars here in Portland that carry Malort so this can happen.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Android Apocalypse posted:

If the Chicago Bears go 0-17 I'll drink Malort in solidarity to all my Midwest goons. :toxx:

There are supposedly bars here in Portland that carry Malort so this can happen.

Hell, same (I live in Chicago and have never had a malort)

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Jepsen's isn't that expensive you could buy it even if the bars don't have it. You'll love it if you like essentially watered down angostura bitters

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Malort is good

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Malort is good

mods?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

When Malört got bought out by CH Distillery in 2018, they made it "less intense", so it doesn't have nearly the same bite that it used to. It actually pairs quite well with grapefruit juice or a grapefruit radler.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Malort is a bit. No one actually likes it. It is produced as a joke and the business is sustained by locals tricking tourists into trying it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I'll join you in that :toxx:. There's a nice bonus to this bet. Knowing which bars carry Malort doubles as a list of bars to avoid for the rest of our lives.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Malort is a bit. No one actually likes it. It is produced as a joke and the business is sustained by locals tricking tourists into trying it.

It's a digestif not deep dish pizza

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

When Malört got bought out by CH Distillery in 2018, they made it "less intense", so it doesn't have nearly the same bite that it used to. It actually pairs quite well with grapefruit juice or a grapefruit radler.

Yeah on one hand the consistency is nice on the other hand I missed when you got a really really bitter bottle. Steigl Grapefruit Radler with a shot of Malort kicks rear end.

I assure you all, my love for Malort is not a bit.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 4, 2023

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Lotta needless posts. Bears are winning tomorrow. LOCK it up

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

BrownThunder posted:

Lotta needless posts. Bears are winning tomorrow. LOCK it up

Yeah lock up the malört, a subtle wormwood liqueur not appreciated by all palettes :smuggo:

The Bears shouldn't win tomorrow but that means they have a much better chance of doing it because they're a team that defies logic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i genuinely think the bears are going to win tomorrow. this is not a joke. washington just played a huge, depressant, battle of a game that went to a trying overtime, and are now playing on thursday night against the bears who actually looked functional for 2.5qrtr.

not saying they're going to whoop the football team, but they will win in a fun one.

also, how the hell have you lived in chicago for more than like 2yr of your adult life and never had malort?