Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Good news Philadelphia sports fans
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1717184224925483117?s=20

Harden is BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/HalfCourtHoops/status/1717036866086584358

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
harden showing up this morning at the sixers facility

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Philadelphia Thixlas are going to be very tough to beat in the playoffs!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
God I'm tired of seeing that AI poo poo everywhere

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dexo posted:

What AI stuff?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
High school coaches whenever their black players do a crossover:

Dexo posted:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Dude he retired 12 years ago!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

morestuff posted:

What AI stuff?

Probably all the AD slander last night.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I don't know what I'm more excited for, Wemby's regular season debut or Magic's tweet about it

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Luka, Hardy, and Powell are questionable today. Luka’s leg meat is falling off the bone.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

NBA defense is hard.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Kibner posted:

NBA defense is hard.

Harder when you're playing DLo!

Except one glorious night against the Sixers.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Anthony Davis is already injured, imo. Ignore that brad meal missed his first game as a suns.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Luka, Hardy, and Powell are questionable today. Luka’s leg meat is falling off the bone.

Not sure what’s worse, risking injury by letting Luka play in the off season, or letting him take a few months off and come back out of shape

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

NBA, where:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1717198532334309858

Happens.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jFcD8MnO2k

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Are the 76ers still gonna fine him for not showing up? Seems like the pettiest way to handle Harden from their side even with the bad vibes between him and the FO.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I'm so tired of the Sixers

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

big boi posted:

I'm so tired of the Sixers

hell, same

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
nuke philadelphia

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

lol

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1717213176486404230?s=20

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

This makes me feel physically ill. It looks too easy for him.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the suns looked ok

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

This was actually way cooler than I had anticipated

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
First article I've seen that's gotten Ingram to open up about anything, really: https://theathletic.com/4982421/2023/10/25/brandon-ingram-pelicans-mental-health-nba/?source=emp_shared_article

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

gonna lose my poo poo if he kicks up a drop ball and makes a 1 handed shot in game

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shark Tank pitch: we take this Wemby FPS footage and use AI to create a practice robot

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Shark Tank pitch: we take this Wemby FPS footage and use AI to create a practice robot

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Dexo posted:

Art for people with no talent or vision. Soon AI Jokes and Memes. Get ready to die.

temple fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 25, 2023

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

hifi posted:

the suns looked ok

I was just replying to this comment but I am giving my quick hit hot takes on the 4 teams that played.

Suns: Disjointed and out of Sync but I sorta expected that and I think they will get better as the season goes on. Overall I think it was promising and I think they are/will end up the 2nd best West team.

GSW: Small and Slow. No Draymond so maybe that will help but I think this team has problems. Klay looked pretty good but I also know he frequently doesn't so that might be a problem. Wiggins seems really important for some transition opportunities and defense but you can't really build a team that relies on Wiggins every night.

Denver: Look great. They own the West if they stay healthy.

Lakers: Looked pretty good, Denver is just a great team. They'll need to stay healthy because missing a lot of time from AD or Lebron will quickly make this a sub-500 team. Christian Wood looks like a great pickup.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Lockback posted:

Christian Wood looks like a great pickup.

This was how I felt last year. He’ll be unceremoniously benched by the all star break.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hahahaha his dunk is an ever so slight hop. What the gently caress

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Having Lebron on a minutes restriction seems wise

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Having Lebron on a minutes restriction seems wise

Actually the NBA just proved that resting doesn't do anything

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1717224065654837454?s=20

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

I get it's the same setup, but the amount of permutations off that initial look are insane. What should the Lakers have done to stop almost every single player from scoring off that look even if they knew it started with Jokic at the elbow?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

three posted:

I get it's the same setup, but the amount of permutations off that initial look are insane. What should the Lakers have done to stop almost every single player from scoring off that look even if they knew it started with Jokic at the elbow?

I don't think the point of the video is that the Lakers were dumb for not stopping it

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
And all plays in the NBA are like that. Some out-of-timeout plays will be "Pass to person X who will pass to Y who will shoot" but most NBA plays are react-type things where there are tons of permutations and adlibbing based on what the defense does. And the Lakers did a decent job. The first Murray 3 was partially covered, so thats ok. The long 2 by KCP was open but only because he was run off the 3pt line and had no driving lane. That's a low value shot. And DLO's foul was a pretty good foul, he got beat but recovered and used his long arms to stop a shot.

What was noteable was that a relatively simple play like that can be turned into so many deadly weapons by this team and by how versatile Jokic was. No other NBA player has been able to be a threat like that so many ways out of a really simple action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

morestuff posted:

I don't think the point of the video is that the Lakers were dumb for not stopping it

Oh, maybe I misinterpreted the tweet then.