Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

How many bees are too many bees?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Maybe if you take all the bees so there aren't any left for the rest of us.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Dear Santa,

I'm a middle aged liberal guy in a sea of red with no pets or partner. I'm interested in music/film/Buddhism/nature (hiking and camping)/comedy/cooking/playing acoustic guitar. I have a car, bumper stickers would be cool! Not a drinker or smoker. I have enough clothes to last a lifetime, so no T-shirts please!

Thanks!!

Leon Sumbitches fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 27, 2023

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Grey Cat posted:

No more than one (1) full hive with queen per box

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
This thread is gonna travel soon. Destination: Goons with Spoons!

I'll do it in about an hour so be sure to bookmark the thread!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Grey Cat posted:

If you end up with a beards worth you're on the right track.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Preparing for transit. Ere We Go!

https://youtu.be/8TiqiOexD-8

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Grey Cat posted:

There is no such thing as too many bees

Welcome to Goons with Spoons, SASS thread!

angerbot fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 27, 2023

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
Hell Yeah this again.

Dear Satan:
I'm a 38 years old dumbass from the bottom of the world, sorry for the shipping. I'm gonna love anything you send but in case you need some pointers.
- Like nerd stuff, collect trading card games in general, like comic strips and police/detective comedy stuff.
- Like cooking (mostly the eating after part). No booze, but no allegies either.
- Have a bunch of cats and a couple of dogs.
- Local and handmade stuff greatly appreciated.
However, there was a bit of a problem here with customs (were found being quite corrupt) and now they are being more thorough, so your gift might take a bit longer to arrive but it will

Dear Victim:
I'm like 80% done with your gift, and with you so you better like it or else...

Hey last year santa, good thing we are in GWS cu'z I made the dish.

We all loved it, even my dad who is very picky with rice. Again thank you.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I do not like change help do I have to make some kind of nog with bee eggs now

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I do not like change help do I have to make some kind of nog with bee eggs now

Yes, but you can just use the pre-packaged crushed bees from your supermarket's baking aisle.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
get a good brand (so it's not all seeds and stems)

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Seth Pecksniff posted:

This thread is gonna travel soon. Destination: Goons with Spoons!

I'll do it in about an hour so be sure to bookmark the thread!

Woo, thanks for this!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Please do NOT send me anything remotely affiliated with or recreational chemicals because customs checks very closely. Regular alcohol is also not allowed in international packages.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
Santa: Dear Santa, I would request food, I have heard of pepperoni rolls, but have not tried them, perhaps a lovely cheese or mustard assortment? (Honestly, I would be thrilled with one of those holiday tray things, you know what I mean, they're fun!) No known allergies.

Santee: Uhh, hello! is gift!

Tnega fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 28, 2023

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I'm getting excited over here

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Droogie posted:

I'm getting excited over here

A few more days until assignments. :stoked:

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme
Hi there Goons with Spoons, come join the SA Secret Santa! I often lurk these threads and if I get an avid cook as my Santee I'd be happy to find you some Minnesota flavors and/or culinary treats from one of the four international grocery stores near me.

We've got about 6 more days until assignments are given out, and I am pumped. I've been looking around for gift inspiration whenever I walk home from work.

Palette swap posted:

Hey last year santa, good thing we are in GWS cu'z I made the dish.

We all loved it, even my dad who is very picky with rice. Again thank you.

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed it! Happy holidays!

Edit: I want to give a thank you to my Santa from last year, Subjunctive. You sent me a cool bullet journal and supplies and recommended that I use it as a yearly planner. Well, I did that, and I was able to manage my budget so much better that I was able to tuck away extra money into my savings this year. Thank you again, and hope to see you in this year's thread.

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 29, 2023

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Okay, here's a uniquely dumb question, if I want to post a link to SASS over in my favorite PYF thread, what's the best way of doing that? Like do I just copy what's up in the address bar, or do I quote, or is there some other way? Ta!!

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

This is how Poo did it in the pen pals thread, which I just quoted as a test and it works:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Thanks! The good SASS vibes have started already.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
SASS-mass time, is here again.

Santa: 41 year old (oh God, no... :qq:) goon who likes a lot of typical goon things like animation (not anime, but Simpsons, Futurama, Bob's Burgers, American Dad, and Adult Swim shows), beer, video games, and being anti-social! I also like to cook, and try to dabble in DIY and low-level woodworking.

I've got a similarly aged GF with similar interests, and together we've got a cat and little disabled wiener dog:

We both really like local treats (and so do the animals)/goodies/booze/"kitschy" stuff , like oven mitts or tree ornaments with your towns name on it, or something. If you want to get me clothing, I'm basically a men's XL...right on the line of L and XL, so let's just err on the side of caution and go with XL. She basically steals my shirts and fits in them/likes baggy things anyway, so same size for her, ha. We love spicy food, too, so if there's some local rear end-blasting hot sauce, we'll try it.

Not a lot is totally off-limits other than anything NSFW. I get there can be some fun value in things like that, but I'm past the point in my life where I'm going to wear a shirt with curse words or something else vulgar on it, you know?

Santee: Other than bees, you're probably getting an amalgam of local Vermont cheeses, meats, treats, maple syrup, and perhaps booze if you want it.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 29, 2023

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Hi santa! I'm back at it with my bullshit after a few years off.

About me: I'm a midwestern ladygoon in her early 30s. I spend my days in my parent's basement office working a remote job for corporate America. I share my house with a spouse and two cats. My birthday is the day after Christmas, so this is always a weird time of year for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sQowbaUuL8

Gray tortie is Glitch, fluffy calico is Widget.

Likes/hobbies: currently, I'm doing a lot of 3d printing, and my goal in 2024 is to get better at electronics in general. I have resin and filament printers and I like to paint models I print. I am learning to love the outdoors again, even if I live in a flat prairie wasteland with no hiking, lakes or trees. I like cute things, art, things local to you, and fun socks are always nice. Futurama, The Simpsons, What We Do in the Shadows and Letterkenny are my favorite series. My t-shirt size is unisex small. As general themes, I love cats, octopi and vintage toy robots.

I have a glass cabinet full of random objects for my WFH office- everything from a dollar store robot figurine to art to an oversized model of Clippy that stares back at everyone in meetings. I'm always looking for fun/quirky/tame but wtf sort of items for it.

Dietary restrictions: I'm a vegetarian (eggs/milk/honey are fine, beef/fish/chicken/gecko/moose and the like are not okay) so please none of that. I'm having my gallbladder removed the week before Christmas so I'm currently eating a very limited diet but it's not forever.

A little bit of NSFW inside the box is okay if it's funny.

Dear Santee:
I hope you like bees and weird 3d printed stuff because you're definitely getting something cursed in the mail. And socks. Always socks.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

After a couple years of hearing good things about SASS, I finally remember to join. (Thanks for the link, Tree Bucket!)

Dear Santa
I'm a 31 year old gay dudegoon, 3D generalist working as a cyberspace engineer (VR developer) from the windy, wet, wet, and windy west coast of :norway:.
I'm pretty into 3D printing, cooking, hiking, video games (mainly strategy/logistics stuff like Anno and Factorio, but a bit of everything.), and really like board games as well. I love various small trinkets, models and shiny poo poo.
Kitchy tourist stuff like small models of buildings/city districts is like crack to me, some local stuff from your place would be rad, and I'm probably part crow because I'd love a neat rock or shiny trinket of any kind.
Seeds would also be rad, but those would probably get ransacked by customs. NSFW stuff is fine, I'm a bachelor living alone.
e: Oh yeah, medium sized goon.

PS: yes please to bees.
PPS: feel free to stalk me (online, I've had enough offline ones, thank u very much.)

Dear Santee: Please post here, otherwise I'll have to dig out ye olde sheep knuckles to divine the best possible gift for you. (Honestly, probably some candy.)

SubNat fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 30, 2023

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I love him.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Women like you are the reason this chickens late in the first place.
Yarrr. Absent last year but I shall make up for with bees this year.

Santa I am 40 year old backend developer for video games / theme park attractions. I want to be a cool front end developer so give me lovely Unreal or Unity assets and I will you make you a lovely game in return. Or a drum & bass mixtap to run to. Or an embrassing model kit. Picking something legit terrible on steam is also an option. Send me something local though or I will be furious.

Santee, I can only apolgise for the bees.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Collecting specimens and bits for this year's regretsy inspired gift.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Getting the angry bees ready thanks to my local print shop.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Yess! My wife asked me today if we would be participating in SASS again this year. I am ashamed to admit I haven't been that active on SA in recent year, so I had to search if and where this thread existed and I found it here, in GWS.

For my Santa: good luck internet detectiving me as my SA posts have been nonexistent or sparse. However, luckily my old posts still apply as in my life.. NOTHING EVER CHANGES. Still married. Kid (f) is 7 this year and a real smart-rear end. Any local treats will be greatly appreciated.

For my Santee: you will be rewarded for your pitiful existence with Dutch candy and stuff. If you've followed SASS for a few years you should know what stroopwafels are and I will throw in other traditional Dutch food and some items. I'm a diligent Santa and will Google the poo poo out of you. No lube required.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Collecting specimens and bits for this year's regretsy inspired gift.

kafkasgoldfish is the finest santa a goon could have!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Sioux posted:

If you've followed SASS for a few years you should know what stroopwafels are

Cardboard tubes filled with angry bees??

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

DrBouvenstein posted:

SASS-mass time, is here again.

I've got a similarly aged GF with similar interests, and together we've got a cat and little disabled wiener dog:

I would hate to have a disabled weiner. :dadjoke:

Santa: surprise me with your eclectic view of gift giving.

Santee: I hope you like surprises.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

SirPablo posted:

I would hate to have a disabled weiner. :dadjoke:

Post/av combo

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Scudworth posted:

kafkasgoldfish is the finest santa a goon could have!

:blush:
Kind words even after you received strange creatures with wee merkins in the mail.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Almost lost the thread - now safely bookmarked. I had feared the whole thing had got shut down. :ohdearsass:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
maybe sticky a thread in GBS that links to the new location?

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Tree Bucket posted:

Cardboard tubes filled with angry bees??

That explode when opened, but yes.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Dearest Snatter: I'm a 41 y.o. guy, "systems analyst" (computer janitor), single and hating it. I play some video and tabletop games, and try to draw for fun. My weird interest is in parachutes and skydiving. I always have fun with your local tchotchkes and souvenirs, especially when they can decorate my home. I have a Switch I don't have many games for. I wear a 3XL shirt if it helps.

I'm going to have to figure out something to get my santee since the place I used to shop for cool cheap stuff (my previous employer) kind of died this year.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Empty Sandwich posted:

maybe sticky a thread in GBS that links to the new location?

I agree putting something in GBS may give the thread a little more visibility in the last hours before registration closes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Ulillinguist posted:

I agree putting something in GBS may give the thread a little more visibility in the last hours before registration closes.

kinda forgot we were on the deadline