Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

finally Cincinnati has their revenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm just sayin' John Harbaugh wouldn't be 6-3 with that Steelers team and Matt Canada

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Mike Tomlin is the best coach in the league

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I can't believe Bill Belichick got gracefully and permanently beheaded in that crazy waterfall accident

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

sweet thursday posted:

He might be, but he also is responsible for employing Matt Canada and helping draft Pickett. Wild that he's still winning despite them.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm just sayin' John Harbaugh wouldn't be 6-3 with that Steelers team and Matt Canada

John Harbaugh's coaching career was born with a silver spoon in its mouth. Most coaches have to take over a dumpster fire type situation and that's a big reason so many of them fail. But Harbaugh got to inherit a pretty good team that had a collapse. That's why it's coming full circle after he has a collapse himself this year and gets himself fired.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Panthers may pick up a UNC kid.

https://x.com/tonypauline/status/1724586233165173077?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

John Harbaugh's coaching career was born with a silver spoon in its mouth. Most coaches have to take over a dumpster fire type situation and that's a big reason so many of them fail. But Harbaugh got to inherit a pretty good team that had a collapse. That's why it's coming full circle after he has a collapse himself this year and gets himself fired.

Amen

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Texans fans you need to give a massive thank you to Lovie Smith for saving us from ourselves:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/11/14/panthers-texans-2023-nfl-draft-bryce-young-cj-stroud-john-mcclain/

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

sweet thursday posted:

Watch Bills try to lawyer their way out of another loss :rolleye:

You, me and every Bills fan knows they would have fumbled the kickoff return giving Denver 6 more points for one last LOL.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The extra couple seconds would've just allowed Josh Allen to throw a pick 6.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Kirios posted:

Texans fans you need to give a massive thank you to Lovie Smith for saving us from ourselves:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/11/14/panthers-texans-2023-nfl-draft-bryce-young-cj-stroud-john-mcclain/

This isn't that surprising - wasn't the scuttle around draft time that their front office generally liked Anderson more than any of the available QBs as a prospect, and the trade back up to 3 was their way of settling the "Do we take the 'best player available' or account for the positional value of a QB" question

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

Harbaugh campaigned for Lamar Jackson so the Ravens wouldn't look like that Steelers team. Also brought in Todd Monken in the offseason and that seems to be working out.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

From here

Since people always need help with these charts:
  • X-Axis Left: Doesn't get a lot of separation when 1v1
  • X-Axis Right: Gets a lot of separation when 1v1
  • Y-Axis High: Lots of routes putting them 1v1
  • Y-Axis Low: Not a lot of routes putting them 1v1

"Separation" is not yards of separation, it's apparently derived from PFF stats "was this guy open" vs "was this guy not open?" as far as I can tell for what that's worth.

Teams should consider doubling Garrett Wilson more often than every other route but I guess it doesn't matter too much with Zach throwing to him.

Olave/Shaheed look like they'll be a really good WR duo.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Am I the only one that sees this?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sweet thursday posted:

lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

my attempt at drawing a clock with the time 12:35

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

sweet thursday posted:

I can't believe Bill Belichick got gracefully and permanently beheaded in that crazy waterfall accident

I still can't believe we haven't found his phylactery yet.

Edit: I just see a void in the center, slowly pulling everything towards it.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

SKULL.GIF posted:

From here

"Separation" is not yards of separation, it's apparently derived from PFF stats "was this guy open" vs "was this guy not open?" as far as I can tell for what that's worth.

Teams should consider doubling Garrett Wilson more often than every other route but I guess it doesn't matter too much with Zach throwing to him.

A chart that says Gabe Davis is bad. Acceptable.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

sweet thursday posted:

I just learned that the Colts are .500 despite the injuries so maybe their coach is the best

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SKULL.GIF posted:

From here

Come back, Josh Palmer

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

TayTay should wear a Jason Kelce jersey for the upcoming game

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens have been collapsing for like 15 years now wtf is taking so long

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

TayTay should wear a Jason Kelce jersey for the upcoming game

This would be pretty funny (especially if the Eagles win), but at the same time there's no way some people wouldn't take it way too seriously

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Is bit any good? They dress up Jason's wife and pretend she's Taylor swift foe the whole game and then some sort of wwf reveal of the real Taylor breaking out from the backstage broom closet.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

SKULL.GIF posted:

From here

Lamar really needs to find his deep ball and get better timing and chemistry with Bateman.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Speaking of Charts it's so funny to see this when I'm thinking Mahomes is having a down year and Tua is lighting it up and it's really just his WRs suck rear end

https://x.com/throwthedamball/status/1724494668652482895?s=20

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
The dotted X-Y lines on all of these are the median, right? Since they don't necessarily line up with the grid values.

Edit: I also like how you can tell which teams just have straight up awful O-lines, and by teams I mean Jesus Christ, Titans. There's also some bits there like Cousins having a fairly high sack rate despite having a fairly good O-line this year, which is really more indicative of how Kirk's a diehard pocket passer and would rather take the sack and then work out of it with his arm than risk the scramble. And as his position on the X shows, early turnover problems aside, he was pretty darn good at the working out of it.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Nov 15, 2023

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Redeye Flight posted:

The dotted X-Y lines on all of these are the median, right? Since they don't necessarily line up with the grid values.

Can't be sure but seems like a pretty safe bet if PFF is remotely competent at chart design

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I want to find the first person who made those stupid team logo charts with made up metrics and berate them

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Noted good QB Zach Wilson firmly in the Jalen Hurts and Trevor Lawrence tier of this made up stat checks out to me.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

my attempt at drawing a clock with the time 12:35

Mr president, hello

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Lamar really needs to find his deep ball and get better timing and chemistry with Bateman.

He’s so lethal on whip routes and curls especially. Just fantastic footwork.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1724786827364864247

oh well, what a shame, never mind

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh no what a terrible occurrence, I hope the doctors don't leave a pair of forceps inside him.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

More time to massage that shoulder back to good health.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Is there a clause in his contract for injuries?

No?

:rubby:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shame that they let Brissett walk and traded Dobbs because JUST TOO MANY QUARTERBACKS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Kind of thought he was malingering this whole time.