Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

C-Euro posted:

No poo poo, I never noticed that. What about away games then, they just wear whites again?

Usually, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Scott Mitchell was/is a bum.

Kiss my rear end, Scott Mitchell.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kalli posted:

Looking at the schedule, I now get it

4:30 - 49ers @ Eagles

Yeah go ahead and move the worst slop on earth to oppose that, ain't nobody gonna watch it when they can see that one.

:sigh:

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

God I miss Summerall and Madden.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Vertical Lime posted:

yeah it seems like it’ll expand strand’s reach

especially when last night got these numbers

https://twitter.com/simtek34/status/1727073523221278976?s=46

these are crazy loving numbers lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
That Packers / Patriots game kicked rear end

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Scott Mitchell's been mocked for years, would have figured he would have a thicker skin by now.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

syzpid posted:

Scott Mitchell's been mocked for years, would have figured he would have a thicker skin by now.

Scott Mitchell's also always been a flaming rear end in a top hat, so I think it cancels out.

Also, good news everyone! The ESPN Playoff Calculator is up for this year. https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
And since I just know everyone's dying to see my take...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wandler20 posted:

Sunday Ticket getting the Black Friday treatment:

that...might actually be cheaper than doing normal youtube tv with the redzone add in which is what i have. poo poo.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Q_res posted:

Scott Mitchell's also always been a flaming rear end in a top hat, so I think it cancels out.

Also, good news everyone! The ESPN Playoff Calculator is up for this year. https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Was dicking around with this and I couldn't find many losses for the Texans. They have the feel of that team.nobody wants to play, a la the 2019 Titans.

What I'm saying is Lamar deserves a nice play off run and none of those silly upstarts should ruin it for my special boy.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Was dicking around with this and I couldn't find many losses for the Texans. They have the feel of that team.nobody wants to play, a la the 2019 Titans.

What I'm saying is Lamar deserves a nice play off run and none of those silly upstarts should ruin it for my special boy.

I will laugh so hard if the loving Texans somehow ruin a Baltimore playoff run.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Guys i'm having a hard time contextualizing the 70-20 MIA-DEN game.

First it was "miami has a historically good offense" then wait no theyre not bad but they certainly arent historical

Then it was "denver has a historically bad defense" then wait no theyre on a 5-0 streak on the back of their defense

Like what combination of factors coalesced to break the yards record?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Q_res posted:

If you tell it "go by win percentages" it puts the Eagles at 16-1, Lions at 15-2, Chiefs and Ravens at 14-3, and Browns at 13-3-1. I... have doubts.

Also why do the Lions win a tiebreaker with the Eagles for the #1 seed? They don't have a head-to-head, the Lions win if you simulate identical records within the conference, the Lions didn't play the Jets so I don't see how it can be common opponents... strength of schedule?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

First it was "miami has a historically good offense" then wait no theyre not bad but they certainly arent historical

Then it was "denver has a historically bad defense" then wait no theyre on a 5-0 streak on the back of their defense

So far it's looking like McDaniel is an incredible scheme guy so the Phins at the beginning of the year were doing a bunch of cool poo poo that no one had tape on yet with an entirely healthy offense. On the other side Denver was working under an entirely new coaching staff still figuring out how to utilize everyone and get buy-in. Then you layer in the whole playing in Miami when it's hot out bit and yea.

The Phins offense looking less good now is a combo of the their interior o-line being dead (especially their center) and just playing better teams. Denver meanwhile has Sean Payton who does actually know how to coach so given some time to get used to his new team they've steadily improved.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I think it was just one of those days where Denver's defense never showed up. The Dolphins weren't even trying to put up 70, a lot of their points came from long runs with their backups in. Denver just couldn't be bothered to stop it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CapnAndy posted:

Also why do the Lions win a tiebreaker with the Eagles for the #1 seed? They don't have a head-to-head, the Lions win if you simulate identical records within the conference, the Lions didn't play the Jets so I don't see how it can be common opponents... strength of schedule?

Without researching conference wins possibly? That's a hard path, they both have two wins against the AFC, the Eagles would have to beat the Bills and then drop enough games the rest of the way against NFC opponents. But it could possibly come into play.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

I think it was just one of those days where Denver's defense never showed up. The Dolphins weren't even trying to put up 70, a lot of their points came from long runs with their backups in. Denver just couldn't be bothered to stop it.

Achane is also legit a top 5 back when he's healthy and Denver had zero idea that was the case beforehand.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Grittybeard posted:

Without researching conference wins possibly? That's a hard path, they both have two wins against the AFC, the Eagles would have to beat the Bills and then drop enough games the rest of the way against NFC opponents. But it could possibly come into play.
I think it's gotta be strength of schedule or something, because if you let the Lions win out, the result changes depending on who the Eagles lose to.

Eagles lose to Bills, Niners, Giants, or Cardinals: Eagles #1 seed
Eagles lose to Cowboys or Seahawks: Lions #1 seed

This is extremely fucky and now I'm fascinated.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

CapnAndy posted:

Well I have the Eagles losing vs SF, @Dal and @Sea and the Lions lose @Chi and @Dal.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CapnAndy posted:

I think it's gotta be strength of schedule or something, because if you let the Lions win out, the result changes depending on who the Eagles lose to.

Yeah I was wrong anyway, the Lions do have 3 wins over AFC teams so they can't like, get past the Eagles on NFC wins. SoS does seem like my best idea off the top of my head.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

CapnAndy posted:

If you tell it "go by win percentages" it puts the Eagles at 16-1, Lions at 15-2, Chiefs and Ravens at 14-3, and Browns at 13-3-1. I... have doubts.

Click "Tiebreakers" in the top-right.

To expand on this:

SoV is just "add up the records of teams you defeated". So if the Lions win out, the Eagles must drop 1 for them tie on overall record.

If the Eagles beat Arizona but lose to Dallas, their SoV decreases because Arizona has a worse record.

That's why the tiebreaker will sometimes put Philly ahead, and other times Detroit.

When I used to make the Playoff Races threads, I had a simple spreadsheet that tallied SoS and SoV throughout the season, making it easier to find the tipping point in a race that mignt come down to SoV.

Fiddling with the playoff scenario site... hmm.

Weird that it puts Detroit ahead if Philly loses to Dallas, but keeps Philly ahead if Philly loses to San Fran. San Fran should be a bigger contributor to SoV.

Eh, bottom line is once you're past common opponents Tiebreakers, you want to have defeated the toughest teams of a tougher schedule.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 22, 2023

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Ravens remaining schedule is

@ LAC
BYE
vs. LAR
@ JAC
@ SF
vs. MIA
vs. PIT

Going 4-2 would be impressive. No way they're winning out.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

IMO there's something wrong with how they're tabulating SoV, but I wouldn't be able to guess what exactly.

But list would be fine if the Niners and Hawks switched places, so behind the scenes maybe a spreadsheet is referring to the wrong cell lol.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kalli posted:

Yeah, that turf was pure misery to play on.

But you sure could run fast on it.
Unforgiving on your joints but it also got absurdly hot. Field temps at Texas Stadium would get over 130 F.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

q!=e

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

enjoy watching the Chicago Bears on national television

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Freaquency posted:

That turf always wigs me out, it looks like they’re playing on a ping pong table.

And those are the most ‘90s fans you can get, holy loly

yeah the turf is always just insane. but it felt so loving normal, i never gave a thought to it at all

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

R.D. Mangles posted:

enjoy watching the Chicago Bears on national television

I love getting that Amazon "Superior AI does the schedule now, isn't it awesome?" ad while watching a Jets primetime game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
First time really messing with the playoff machine and I think I found a fun outcome.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Cavauro posted:

is matt canada the first OC fired when the team is 6-4? probably not. but i started this thinking they were 7-4 and don't want to stop now. who was it?

He had a 14 second 3 & out possession with less than 90 seconds on the game clock and 2 TOs in a tie game, and called 3 consecutive headscratcher plays that gained negative 3 yards

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

On what planet do the bears make the WC but not the Vikes

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can we get a wellness check on anyone calling Wentz a legend

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1727132848862179796?s=19

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Ravens remaining schedule is

@ LAC
BYE
vs. LAR
@ JAC
@ SF
vs. MIA
vs. PIT

Going 4-2 would be impressive. No way they're winning out.

why does god give us his toughest battles

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Harlock posted:

I'll certainly never forget his 2023 summer fashion style

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Harlock posted:

This is literally what I would say if I met Carson Wentz.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Kalli posted:

Some people don't like her, but the best duo in the NFL is Justin Herbert and the word "if" is a great joke:

https://twitter.com/AnnieAgar/status/1727027020037836933

I appreciate the effort she made! I was amused.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

On what planet do the bears make the WC but not the Vikes

I don't know, but it's a world I want to live in.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Everyone in the AFC is 11-6 except for KC at 10-7, Saints and Browns are your #1 seeds, the Jets are #2 right in time for A A Ron to come back and all the AFC North is there except for Pittsburgh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

The Bills and Vikings were moving the ball at will, the ball is just bouncing Denver's way turnover wise at the moment.