Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I have no dog in this race, if anything I'm glad the Chiefs lost, but the no call on MVS being literally tackled at the end of the game sure was something. I mean he would have dropped it anyway cause that is the essence of the MVS experience. But you gotta at least give him the chance to do so cleanly.

I want a series of quotes where this dude's head is just a little smaller each time but I dunno how to photoshop :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Cant even call the refs biased just bad

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

fknlo posted:

The Chiefs are a very flawed team

They lost to the Broncos

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Illegal Hen

Docjowles posted:

I want a series of quotes where this dude's head is just a little smaller each time but I dunno how to photoshop :eng99:

I could whip something up at work tomorrow if I remember to do so.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

NFL officiating is a loving joke

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

It was a good bye week for the Ravens

really good. i thought people were underrating the cards a bit and overrating the steelers, and then browns/rams felt like a crapshoot, but i didnt really see that chiefs/packers game coming. much less that they'd all take an L.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Docjowles posted:

I have no dog in this race, if anything I'm glad the Chiefs lost, but the no call on MVS being literally tackled at the end of the game sure was something. I mean he would have dropped it anyway cause that is the essence of the MVS experience. But you gotta at least give him the chance to do so cleanly.

Makeup call for that ridiculous personal foul on the Mahomes hit

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

a neat cape posted:

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
The Niners dropped 42 on both of their NFC East opponents. That's pretty impressive. If they stay healthy, they're the best team in the NFC.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Niners are the best team in the league, full stop. Nobody in the AFC seems that complete

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Mystic Stylez posted:

NFL officiating is a loving joke

Any time the officials aren’t getting attention everyone should be looking around saying “where’s Hochuli?”

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Freaquency posted:

Any time the officials aren’t getting attention everyone should be looking around saying “where’s Hochuli?”

Dead, hopefully

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Those last minutes were just loving chaos. Like goddamn do your drat job ref.

Like hit the books and know what PERSONAL FOUL and FORWARD PROGRESS is. Cuz you obviously don't.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
That officiating crew for KC/GB was awful and should be relegated to Patriots/Panthers/Jets games only for the remainder of the season, but all I can think about is Christian Watson blowing out his hammy trying to keep the clock running.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Dead, hopefully

I know where this sentiment comes from but still, :drat:

The guns were loaded

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Shindragon posted:

Those last minutes were just loving chaos. Like goddamn do your drat job ref.

Like hit the books and know what PERSONAL FOUL and FORWARD PROGRESS is. Cuz you obviously don't.

It's loving infuriating. Like, that poo poo ruins games; there hasn't been a ton of fun games this year (especially in primetime), so we finally get one and instead of the refs continuing what had been a decent job, they decided instead to poo poo up the last minutes of the game with terrible flags and no-calls on both teams - newsflash, you don't have to do a make-up call if you do your job right to begin with! - and instead of talking about a good game, we instead get to talk about the refs doing a terrible job and how they seemingly wanted ____ to win. Again.

And NBC decided to create a narrative post-game on there being no flags on the hail mary play (???) and blaming KC's loss on the refs while conveniently forgetting about that terrible personal foul against GB. There's a reason why Collinsworth is one of the more hated commentators for the NFL right now, and listening to him fellate Mahomes all night and try to excuse poor play by Chiefs receivers by using the refs as an excuse was a prime example of why

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

It's loving infuriating. Like, that poo poo ruins games; there hasn't been a ton of fun games this year (especially in primetime), so we finally get one and instead of the refs continuing what had been a decent job, they decided instead to poo poo up the last minutes of the game with terrible flags and no-calls on both teams - newsflash, you don't have to do a make-up call if you do your job right to begin with! - and instead of talking about a good game, we instead get to talk about the refs doing a terrible job and how they seemingly wanted ____ to win. Again.

And NBC decided to create a narrative post-game on there being no flags on the hail mary play (???) and blaming KC's loss on the refs while conveniently forgetting about that terrible personal foul against GB. There's a reason why Collinsworth is one of the more hated commentators for the NFL right now, and listening to him fellate Mahomes all night and try to excuse poor play by Chiefs receivers by using the refs as an excuse was a prime example of why

Not calling PI on hail marys is definitely a thing. I mean it's not literally in the rule book but unless someone pulls a Last Boy Scout in the endzone you almost never see a flag even if guys are obviously dragging each other to the ground. It's weirdly the one situation where refs don't want to catch heat for putting the offense on the 1 yard line and deciding the outcome. Even through they do it all the loving time on other plays :shrug:

It does feel like KC and NE are in some kind of reverse arms race to build the shittiest receiver room possible. They should probably give Mahomes one single above average WR instead of a bunch of dudes who each have an incredible gimmick but cannot "catch the ball" or "run routes correctly".

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 4, 2023

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Shinji2015 posted:

yelling about the hail mary poo poo is unbelievably annoying because if there's one loving play i want a no-call on, its a hail mary. you basically have to do a last boyscout or a not another teen movie style of move on a player for me to agree that you put the ball on the 1 yard line after a scrum of players all jump for the same ball. its like when they waste time trying to review a qb sneak when there will never be a good camera angle of where the ball is (please loving chip the balls already you mother fucker trillion dollar league fuckers)

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

lol at the double last boyscout refs

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hot Diggity! posted:

Jordan Love is good

So was 2018 Mitch and, welp.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Docjowles posted:

Not calling PI on hail marys is definitely a thing. I mean it's not literally in the rule book but unless someone pulls a Last Boy Scout in the endzone you almost never see a flag even if guys are obviously dragging each other to the ground. It's weirdly the one situation refs don't want to catch heat for putting the offense on the 1 yard line and deciding the outcome. Even through they do it all the time on other plays :shrug:

It does feel like KC and NE are in some kind of reverse arms race to build the shittiest receiver room possible. They should probably give Mahomes one single above average WR instead of a bunch of dudes who each have an incredible gimmick but cannot "catch the ball" or "run routes correctly".

a hail mary is fundamentally different enough since generally the defensive players are all also facing the ball in addition to the offensive players. so while theres a big mess of bodies, everyone (generally) has a legit argument for actually trying to play the ball.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

lol at the double last boyscout refs

:hellyeah:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Da refs

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

End of game hail mary’s are not real plays. you’re playing Jackpot at that point, and the rules of Jackpot specifically state that you’re allowed to do whatever you want in order to jockey yourself into position including pushing your little brother to the ground and making him cry

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
gently caress's the point of rooting for three teams when all of them get shitcanned lol.

nah, eagles got too confident, it just ain't the chiefs' year, and the saints are a dice roll in their current setup. eagles and chiefs have both had crazy success over the past half decade, so i don't have anything to legitimately complain about. (other than brady putting brees out to pasture. and i don't even hate brady. but that stung. kinda wish drew had just retired a year earlier.)

nonetheless, gently caress. at least i quite like the lions and '9ers. the chiefs losing to the cheese of all teams was pretty rough. (now watch said cheese cheese their way to a super bowl.)

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

OneMoreTime posted:

Sadly I was one of them and I will feel shame for the rest of the season.

You'll get over it. I was in Candlestick for the "We want Carr" game and I'm okay now.

We did. We were just wrong. It was the coaching.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

End of game hail mary’s are not real plays. you’re playing Jackpot at that point, and the rules of Jackpot specifically state that you’re allowed to do whatever you want in order to jockey yourself into position including pushing your little brother to the ground and making him cry

i mean i'd rather play Jackpot than Tombstone or Sawblaze. they still have a way to go before they can put themselves on equal footing of something like Minotaur or Witch Doctor.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mllaneza posted:

You'll get over it. I was in Candlestick for the "We want Carr" game and I'm okay now.

We did. We were just wrong. It was the coaching.

Everyone remembers "We want Carr" from that game but not Alex Smith going Hulk Mode and almost winning the game singlehanded immediately after that chant.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jameson Williams: FAST AF

https://x.com/barstoolsports/status/1731411884786790829?s=20

*Ooohs and Ahhs watching him leap 10 yards into the endzone from the 3 1/2 yard line*

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Everyone remembers "We want Carr" from that game but not Alex Smith going Hulk Mode and almost winning the game singlehanded immediately after that chant.

We didn't deserve Alex Smith.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
i was the biggest Alex Smith hater when we drafted him but he was hell of a QB. :unsmith:

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Gonz posted:

Jameson Williams: FAST AF

https://x.com/barstoolsports/status/1731411884786790829?s=20

*Ooohs and Ahhs watching him leap 10 yards into the endzone from the 3 1/2 yard line*

This owns

Players should get extra money for being extra entertaining (as long as no one gets hurt).

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

sure okay posted:

This owns

Players should get extra money for being extra entertaining (as long as no one gets hurt).

Via the Lions official IG account a few hours ago:

Gonz fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Dec 4, 2023

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Docjowles posted:

Not calling PI on hail marys is definitely a thing. I mean it's not literally in the rule book but unless someone pulls a Last Boy Scout in the endzone you almost never see a flag even if guys are obviously dragging each other to the ground. It's weirdly the one situation where refs don't want to catch heat for putting the offense on the 1 yard line and deciding the outcome. Even through they do it all the loving time on other plays :shrug:

It's not in the rule book but it will be in the refs mechanics manual I bet (at least for international American football it's explicit that you officiate these plays differently in part because otherwise every hail Mary attempt would have offsetting flags)

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

a neat cape posted:

lol and then the makeup makeup call with MVS simultaneously being stopped for forward progress and being out of bounds to stop the clock

Schroedinger's calls folks.

Shame, for 99% of the game I pretty much forgot the refs were there (which is how it should be), and then they decided they weren't getting enough attention on the national stage.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I've had a friend over the past couple weeks to play some cards while the games are on, they don't even follow sports and were getting sick of the refs. Didn't care for Collinsworth either.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Shindragon posted:

i was the biggest Alex Smith hater when we drafted him but he was hell of a QB. :unsmith:

He might be my favorite QB of all time for reasons even I can't figure out. Literally have one of those expensive Nike game jerseys from his days on the Chiefs.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

lol and then the makeup makeup call with MVS simultaneously being stopped for forward progress and being out of bounds to stop the clock

Schroedinger's calls folks.

Shame, for 99% of the game I pretty much forgot the refs were there (which is how it should be), and then they decided they weren't getting enough attention on the national stage.

If the bad roughing penalty on Mahomes wasn't called the clock would have been live, instead they got a free timeout l. Refs should have also had a 10 second runoff and I believe a live clock off of the overturned fumble. So they basically got three free TOs on that drive lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Especially since the league has embraced gambling at all times, probably need to think about the league marquee player always being in the marquee game sponsored by multiple companies he’s the spokesman for.

I dunno just a thought