Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Please trade Herbie to Detroit we need Stafford 2.0

It's fair since you traded Stafford to LA in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

swickles posted:

And they will do the usual salary cap bonus voodoo stuff you see to lower the cap hit. Its a big contract, but its long term and workable. Cheap wasn't the best term, I should have said affordable.

It's market rate. Basically the same as Lamar, Hurts, and Burrow. By this criteria what QB is unaffordable?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Giff Smith has been named interim. Been on the staff since 2016, respected by everyone, also good at his job

Oh, didn’t see that, that’s good then!

E: Do interim HCs get a salary increase?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

quote:

Owner Dean Spanos said in a statement that Chargers fans "deserve more."

"These decisions are never easy, nor are they something I take lightly -- especially when you consider the number of people they impact," read Spanos' statement. "We are clearly not where we expect to be, however, and we need new vision. Doing nothing in the name of continuity was not a risk I was willing to take. Our fans have stood strong through so many ups and downs and close games. They deserve more. Frankly, they've earned more."

A broken clock is right twice a day, yadda yadda.

Of course, what Chargers fan deserve most is a new owner so...

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Given how well Flacco's doing, the Chargers could probably save a bunch of cap room by trading Herbert and talking their greatest QB ever into coming out of retirement. Or is he too busy with his show with Peyton?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I think Ryan Leaf is happy where he currently is.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

My daughter has latched onto the Dolphins for no other reason than "they have the best colors and also I like dolphins". Which, hell, is hard to argue. She's also getting into the Broncos now that we are in Colorado since that's who all her friends root for.

She was alive but not old enough to appreciate the Pats' Seahawks through Rams super bowl runs. So to her they're just some dogshit loser team nobody in their right mind would root for :smith: in b4 "she's right"

You should do your fatherly duty and teach her about the perfect season.

And Mercury Morris.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Docjowles posted:

My daughter has latched onto the Dolphins for no other reason than "they have the best colors and also I like dolphins". Which, hell, is hard to argue. She's also getting into the Broncos now that we are in Colorado since that's who all her friends root for.

She was alive but not old enough to appreciate the Pats' Seahawks through Rams super bowl runs. So to her they're just some dogshit loser team nobody in their right mind would root for :smith: in b4 "she's right"

She seems smart and cool and good and is gonna be popular and go to a great college. She's on the right trajectory for success, imho.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Mega64 posted:

Do his parole conditions allow travel?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mega64 posted:

He is and he's recently been embraced by the Chargerd organization and he seems very happy.

I'm proud of him

Mega64
May 23, 2008

shyduck posted:

I'm an Eagles fan and my wife is a Giants fan. We think our preschooler daughter is gonna end up being a Cowboys fan out of spite

If nothing else at least guide her toward the Commanders, nobody deserves a fate as terrible as being a Cowboys fan.

a neat cape posted:

He is and he's recently been embraced by the Chargerd organization and he seems very happy.

I'm proud of him

I'm glad things worked out for him in the long run despite all the poo poo he went through.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah credit where credit is due - Leaf hit rock bottom, had some self reflection, and by all accounts has been a fantastic human being since then - even using his story to help others out.

Kudos to him - I respect people that can dig themselves out of that.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Sono posted:

talking their greatest QB ever into coming out of retirement. Or is he too busy with his show with Peyton?

I appreciate this joke

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

kiimo posted:

Um okay so my coworker is a unique combination of young (-er than me at least), divorced, no kids, Raiders fan, makes a lot of cash as a VP and a degenerate loving gambler. Well, degenerate sounds like he loses more than he wins and that's not accurate.

He hit a parlay on this game last night and wouldn't tell me how much he won. But he said his odds were plus 20,000. He's leaving at lunch and flying to Vegas. He wouldn't tell me anymore real hush hush but I have this weird feeling he's won something...substantial. He was betting on multiple touchdowns per quarter somehow. He says it's because of his Chinese heritage which I believe. Having a Chinese dad is important because according to him Chinese dads seem to pass on the ability to gamble successfully haha. Everything I have seen reinforces this broad generalization.

I can't tell if he's going to Vegas to gamble more....or because he needs to cash it in in person? He said he was so close to making a bet that was +30,000 and he would have won that too.

Your co-worker next week:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Is Derwin James hurt or something? I really like him but it seems like he looked plain bad every time I watched the Chargers this year

e: besides Staley's schemes

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mystic Stylez posted:

Is Derwin James hurt or something? I really like him but it seems like he looked plain bad every time I watched the Chargers this year

e: besides Staley's schemes

The entire defense seems like it doesn't know what it's doing.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

T-Square posted:

Oh, didn’t see that, that’s good then!

E: Do interim HCs get a salary increase?

You would think so but I can't find anything concrete. Likely done case by case. Also, negotiating a pay increase with the notoriously cheap Dean Spanos probably doesn't go super well. "You're being paid in exposure!"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

The entire defense seems like it doesn't know what it's doing.

I feel like the temptation is to hire another DC to be head coach but considering that's the exact situation that Staley had and it didn't seem to help uh yeah maybe hire an offensive guy and just get a good DC

I'd be heartbroken if Bieniemy went to the Chargers and we had to have him in the division. I'm hoping Washington just promotes him. But he'd fix the Chargers' offense in two preseaon games.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a large percentage of nfl plays are braindead copying other guys but this one all or nothing 4th down rear end rammer play reflects so much worse on "adopt but don't adapt" playcallers. there are so many buried wildcat plays that no one will ever view again which gained 0 or 1 yard and didn't have any chance to gain more than 2-3 yards regardless of what decision would have been made for the play. but teams at least knew what the point of it was

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Cat team solidarity

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I forgot there was football today, but don't these things go to 100% at the end of the game?

I guess a fumbled victory formation could take you from favorite to loser in one play, but how did the Vikings lose by 3 while being 52% favorites?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Sono posted:

I forgot there was football today, but don't these things go to 100% at the end of the game?

I guess a fumbled victory formation could take you from favorite to loser in one play, but how did the Vikings lose by 3 while being 52% favorites?
Won the game but lost draft position

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sono posted:

Were a few yards away from "good" field goal range, on 3rd and 1

Thought the move to make was sneak, and then exact same sneak. Neither worked. Never got the ball again

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Kudos to the refs in the steelers/colts game for actually ejecting someone for blatant targeting.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Thank you Vikings for proving the brotherly shove isn't automatic.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The NFL should make a rule that for every targeting suspension the Commissioner roles 1d6 and if it lands on 1 the suspension is lifetime.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Bengals could still win the AFC. There's no real dominant team.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Cross-post from the NFCN thread-
https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/1736105015738073441?s=46

Kawalimus posted:

The Bengals could still win the AFC. There's no real dominant team.

I've done a 180 on "every team kind of sucks this year" being a bad thing. Bring on chaos ball (after Detroit wins tonight pretty please)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

there may not be a dominant team but there's two tiers, the ones with their starting QBs and the ones without

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I don’t rule out the Bengals coming out the AFC and Browning being a new Nick Foles.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don’t rule out the Bengals coming out the AFC and Browning being a new Nick Foles.

Big Snake Jake

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Broncos winning tonight would be funnier and more chaotic for standings so I choose that.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Broncos winning tonight would be funnier and more chaotic for standings so I choose that.

I think they’ll win Lions have been increasingly fraudulent

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

My rooting interests are basically trying to thread the needle of the Ravens winning the AFCN along with the Bills not getting a low wildcard seed. So I think go Denver?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

My rooting interests are basically trying to thread the needle of the Ravens winning the AFCN along with the Bills not getting a low wildcard seed. So I think go Denver?

i think denver losing is part of the easiest path to clinching a playoff berth this weekend. with the steelers losing, they just need a denver loss and then to win against the jags an they're in.

although i understand if you feel like the ravens should be aiming a little higher than 'just make the playoffs please'

i guess with the steelers loss, another scenario is that the ravens would also clinch with a win and a bills loss, so you're probably looking for that

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

C-Euro posted:

Cross-post from the NFCN thread-
https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/1736105015738073441?s=46

I've done a 180 on "every team kind of sucks this year" being a bad thing. Bring on chaos ball (after Detroit wins tonight pretty please)

Love that this week gave us two amazing picks in two completely different ways.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
God the Steelers are trash

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hmmm. I think I will rule this out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Crossposting from the college gdt because this is just sick. Throwing receiver has 4 return tds in 2 games

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1736184510117507271?s=19