Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Do you have any interesting stats this year? Most popular game, least popular game, total impmas trophies, stuff like that.

yeah I'll pull some totals together later tonight, we had so many more this year lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The reploid she tells you not to worry about

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

final sigma in X2 not having an actual health bar was very intimidating to me as a child lol

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

PS Please do not screencap and send these posts to my girlfriend

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Been a while since I played X2, it’s good but the maverick stages aren’t as good as the first one. Going for all the trophies, cleared all the mavericks and got all the upgrades so far

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

Here's a link to all the 2023 final score cards, these should also be showing up on everyone's trophy cases now:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SIN5Te80-GnrgSxVYboaLzYHkxUA_SoQ?usp=sharing

Grab them and add them to your sig, hang them on your fridge, face tattoos etc.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thanks for all the updated imp levels. sorry i didnt really finish poo poo in December. but i will work on tidying the whole package up shortly and posting to the /idgames archive for future generations to enjoy.

also who the gently caress uploaded irish_demon.mp4

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

In Training posted:

thanks for all the updated imp levels. sorry i didnt really finish poo poo in December. but i will work on tidying the whole package up shortly and posting to the /idgames archive for future generations to enjoy.

Thanks for putting that all together, that was a lot of fun.
and sorry for not finishing mine on time, i still plan on updating it and maybe making another. I think it's the only unfinished level in the pack :sweatdrop:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just flip that 1 linedef.

sine730
Jun 4, 2023

goodbye bimbo-gami

: Defeat Binbou-gami

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

In Training posted:

are you doing it right now or is there a couple days?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

First time playing X2 and it's good but these items are all just extremely annoying to collect

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

First time playing X2 and it's good but these items are all just extremely annoying to collect

Doesn't help that they designed most of them around the expectation players would be spamming the helmet's power to find everything.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

You're basically guaranteed to die the first time you try to get the heart in the ostrich stage lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah that’s the other thing, some items are braindead easy to find and some are stupid hidden

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i spent a good while getting the arm upgrade first thing lmao

turn off signatures

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeh some of the upgrades are fine and some are crazy fuckin stupid. the heart tanks in magna centipede and crystal snail are like frame tight lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Some numbers from IZGC Season 2:

Total games: 67
Total trophies available: 342
Total trophies earned: 3,352
Total plats earned: 278

Most popular game by total trophy count: Imps earned 249 trophies total during DOOMtober, and 242 trophies for Tears of the Kingdom alone
Most popular game adjusted for the number of trophies available: Mega Man X, a total of 197 trophies with 4 available
Least popular game: Zelda Four Swords Adventures (3 trophies, all earned during Impmas lol)

Most-earned trophy: a tie between Finish the Game & Find all the Armor Upgrades, both from Mega Man X
Most-earned plat: Fully map the Depths from TotK, 20 imps earned this one

Total trophies earned during Impmas: 384 (11% of the grand total)
Total Impmas Freestyle trophies earned: 92
Game with the most Impmas trophies earned: 29 trophies for Mario 64 Randomizer
Non-Impmas game with the most impmas trophies earned: Tears of the Kingdom with 19

Cursed trophies that were never earned, and never will be... rip :'(
  • Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Beat a co-op mission with another imp
  • Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Complete the entire co-op campaign with another imp
  • Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks - Find and beat Survival Mode
  • Suikoden II - Complete Clive's quest
  • Suikoden II - Collect all recipes
  • Hyrule Warriors - Collect all 100 Gold Skulltulas (PLATINUM)
  • Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland - Earn the Super Chef Hat (Give all 31 recipes to the Chef)
  • God Hand - Finish the game on Hard

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

drat, 255/342 and I felt I was really reaching for trophies at the end, I guess I skipped way more games than I thought

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks - Find and beat Survival Mode

I almost had it but got filtered by the final fight.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

Cursed trophies that were never earned, and never will be... rip :'(

Dieting Hippo will find a way somehow.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

: Beat the game
: Obtain all Heart Tanks and Sub Tanks
: Find all armor parts
: Find all of Zero's parts
: Shoryuken! (PLATINUM)

Good game, overall weaker than X1 because of not as good level design. Sigma boss fights are easy as hell compared to the first game lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the only edge x2 has on 1 is the soundtrack imo. some of the maverick designs are cooler but some are just a slow pain in the rear end to fight (looking at you wheel gator)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

pretty good. its still mega man x but a little crappier. endgame is 100% not finished/polished lol

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 3, 2024

bobmagic
May 12, 2001

Tonesy posted:

my dumb rear end didn't realize you couldn't just go back and get the zero parts after beating all the bosses :(

lol yep, I had most of the upgrades and 2 mavericks left when I realized and had to very calmly reset the emulator and do it all again

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
this is my trophy case post. there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

just finished ch 1 in devil summoner 2. having fun, there are a lot of little touches like the NPCs on the map that are neat. demon negotiation is cute. I'm just winging it on the fusion so far, hopefully don't end up shooting myself in the foot

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

that's x2 down, and it feels weird to play after x1. having the x hunters pop up on the map in kinda' random spots based on the order you entered stages is a nice touch to break up the usual robot master order you go through when replaying mega man games. the bosses feel way easier compared to x1 (launch octopus) but the x hunters were also an extra boost in difficulty. bangin' music tho.

turn off signatures

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Joey McChrist posted:

the only edge x2 has on 1 is the soundtrack imo. some of the maverick designs are cooler but some are just a slow pain in the rear end to fight (looking at you wheel gator)

Is there a "proper" way to fight loving wheel gator because I just spent the entire fight clinging to the top corner and then shooting him with the chain. He comes out so quickly and feels like there's no tell

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Is there a "proper" way to fight loving wheel gator because I just spent the entire fight clinging to the top corner and then shooting him with the chain. He comes out so quickly and feels like there's no tell

he sucks. when I played a bit last year I did him first

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

afaik no, i usually start with him because of how tedious the fight is. you can usually get two charged x buster shots in per cycle before he submerges or goes invulnerable

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just hang on the wall and rapid fire him when he’s on the ground. It’s usually easy to find a spot between the bouncing saws where you can just stand there. The hardest part is dodging the random second saw during the underwater parts.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

Just hang on the wall and rapid fire him when he’s on the ground. It’s usually easy to find a spot between the bouncing saws where you can just stand there. The hardest part is dodging the random second saw during the underwater parts.

yup pretty much what i do. insanely tedious fight though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDnW5XxjwI8

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Worth the click thru.

----------------

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Tonesy
Apr 15, 2004

QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE
So was the year long wow challenge a joke or is that incoming?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Twas a joke sadly but you’re welcome to join us on Lone Wolf (hoarde of course).

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tonesy posted:

So was the year long wow challenge a joke or is that incoming?

"If It Ain't From Sub, That Trophy's A Flub" - Game Club proverb