Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Arch Nemesis posted:

a gritty realistic Burger Time 2 where North Korean nuclear apocalypse looms if our wisecracking hero can't stack the elite commandos' custom orders before it's too late

you are proving your ignorance here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

piece of poo poo

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Huh, no Jad the Taff fans here? gently caress off

```````````````````````````````

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

the menus are in japanese but ill tell you how to play :) (doesnt tell u how to play so they can win every round) isnt the saturn awesome?

Lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

the menus are in japanese but ill tell you how to play :) (doesnt tell u how to play so they can win every round) isnt the saturn awesome?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

imagine if the sony/nintendo partnership developing the original playstation had worked out.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Elevator Action Returns walked so that Counterstrike could run.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

imagine if the sony/nintendo partnership developing the original playstation had worked out.

imagine if Nintendo had given up on non-handheld consoles after the N64 and started making games for superior hardware (Sega, Sony)

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

That Little Demon posted:

it had 1100 + games made for it dude. N64 had like 300 tops across all regions.

I agree that the Saturn had a lot of good games. But Sega was dumb and cut their own legs off.

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

A CD based n64 at least would have made things pretty different id wager

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Bicyclops posted:

probably would have been the most fail console of all time

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Jad the Taff.

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Doom 64 vs Saturn Doom rofl

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

tmfc posted:

imagine if Nintendo had given up on non-handheld consoles after the N64 and started making games for superior hardware (Sega, Sony)

we'd never have had the Wii, or by extension the Wii U, Kinect or PS Move. not so rosy now is it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fungah! posted:

shoveling snow all week to get one game rental and you go home wth this

when i was a kid i called this game Fighters Pestiny for a while because the d in destiny looks hosed up

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Good soup! posted:

play Doom 64 on an actual N64 and get back to me

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Good soup! posted:

a weird and boring semi-sequel with ugly redrawn sprites and uninspired map design vs. a well-intentioned but poorly-executed port of one of the best games of all time (specifically a port of the PSX version, which was the best console version of Doom until like 2019)?

yeah, rofl indeed

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

we'd never have had the Wii, or by extension the Wii U, Kinect or PS Move. not so rosy now is it

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

poo poo's dark.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tmfc posted:

the grownups are talking

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

tmfc posted:

we wouldnt have the switch and mario would be on ps5. id rather blow my brains out.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Please stop spamming reports on certain contentious posts. It's not against the rules to defend the 3DO or its game library. The mod team is aware of the situation, and will take action if needed. In the meantime, the ignore button exists for a reason.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if only nintendo had stopped making hardware so we could play games on segas (shuttered millenia ago) and playstations (space odyssey monolith that heats upt o 1000 degrees just from being plugged in)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Calvin in an Atari hat pissing on the iconic n64 logo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Doom 64 has like the worst kind of Doom map design of hit a random button that opens a door on the other side of the map and they made the Super Shotgun boring to use.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

fine I will, bitch

tmfc posted:

a weird and boring semi-sequel with ugly redrawn sprites and uninspired map design vs. a well-intentioned but poorly-executed port of one of the best games of all time (specifically a port of the PSX version, which was the best console version of Doom until like 2019)?

yeah, rofl indeed

gently caress. You!

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

Please stop spamming reports on certain contentious posts. It's not against the rules to defend the 3DO or its game library. The mod team is aware of the situation, and will take action if needed. In the meantime, the ignore button exists for a reason.

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Roth posted:

Doom 64 has like the worst kind of Doom map design of hit a random button that opens a door on the other side of the map and they made the Super Shotgun boring to use.

yup

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Virgin pays $50 for a 4-disc epic RPG vs. the Chad pays $80 for Wayne Gretsky's 3D Hockey

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Good soup! posted:

gently caress. You!

https://clips.twitch.tv/GiftedAbstemiousRedpandaGingerPower-Y1f1gJM5Fe9QLeP_

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol one of the multiplayer options in this was a small stunt arena and my brother and I loved getting as close to opposite ends of the arena as possible and just gunning it straight into each other over a dirt pit. The moment your two dudes collided, one would be instantly slammed into the ground like a loving jet while the other player would be launched upwards, completely out of the map, spinning and with glitched out arms that extended into space and it would take a good few seconds before they finally came crashing down to Earth

We laughed every time

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

downside of carts is having limited space for voice samples

Madden: YOU USED TO BE ABLE TO PUT STICKUM ON YOUR HANDS TO CATCH THE BALL. NOW THEYVE GOT THOSE GLOVES.

[five plays later]

Madden: YOU USED TO BE ABLE TO PUT STICKUM ON YOUR HANDS TO CATCH THE BALL. NOW THEYVE GOT THOSE GLOVES.

[seven plays later]

[next play]

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Good soup! posted:

downside of carts is having limited space for voice samples

Downside?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu1KM9HMpso

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

wow we got the fuckin digital foundry over here

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

My memory of Mortal Kombat Trilogy on PS1 was staring at the loading screen wondering when the game would start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

wow we got the fuckin digital foundry over here

and? just lmao if you aren't a fan of dark1x.