Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Time travel?
halp how did i get here im not good with clocks?!Q
The key is to gently caress all your female ancestors.
Take a poo poo in Einstein's brain!
Joke option: learn to accept and move on
View Results

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

345, 6667,99994 that's it it has to be it....

*HITS TIME TRAVEL BUTTON AGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
so in this timeline the appendix does nothing? drat, there goes my favorite hobby.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Volmarias posted:

This is actually pretty interesting

Well, now all books are printed on brown paper with white letters, and tablets are all green screen with dark red letters. It's very disorienting. All I did was suggest a different kind of chalk to use to some cave guy in...24000 BC or so?

(Volmaris' idea reminds me of one I had myself, where some people finally invent a time machine, 'Let's go kill Hitler'. They find themselves getting stopped repeatedly by some mystery time traveller, they assume he's some time travelling fascist or 'THE TIMELINE MUST BE PRESERVED AT ALL COSTS NO ALTERATIONS EVER NO MATTER WHAT' guy. It's ultimately revealed that no, he actually comes from a timeline where things went much better for Germany in the first decades of the 20th century, they became a vast empire (still under the Kaiser), but they and Communist Russia annihilated themselves in a giant war in the 1960's; in this timeline, nuclear weapons were not discovered, so both sides ended up basically turning Europe and Russia into a toxic swamp from tons of chemical warfare instead, many millions dead, but there were some 'good things' that came out of it, like Africa uniting as a continent and becoming basically the new center of global economy and culture, and the United States not interfering in so many third world nations because there was no Cold War as we knew it, and so on. But the time traveller thought that the destruction of Europe and Russia was so terrible that nothing could be worse, so he went back and altered some stuff so Germany lost the first World War. His alteration led to our timeline, and the idea was presented that time has some sort of conscious will of its own, and while it can't prevent change if beings manage to evolve enough to actually alter it, it gets to decide the butterfly effects and it REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HATES if someone fucks with its design. The time traveller that's interfering, as he reveals, is actually Jewish: the Holocaust, and it's suggested, the strange intensity of antisemitism throughout history, is because history went "Look, many millions were supposed to die. Now I have to change how it happened, but they all still have to die. And you hosed me over, so I'm going to teach you a lesson: DON'T CHANGE WHAT WAS DONE, BECAUSE IT CAN ALWAYS BE FREAKING WORSE, AS I HAVE SHOWED YOU." The interfering party is getting in their way because if they kill Hitler, then odds are the new timeline will be even worse, because that will be twice now history has changed, and the first time resulted in nuclear weapons and the Holocaust and the Cold War, so what the hell would a third 'Look, many millions have to die, this is UNCHANGEABLE' timeline look like?")

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Wait, wait, wait, I made this thjs thread?!
bad move from past me, thankfully I am a wiser man today than I was back then.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Look, "baby shark" is a million times better than the one that damned my original timeline. You're welcome.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i tried to kill hitler but couldnt find him so i gave up and now im back home with my pants around my ankles having a beer. maybe tomorrow

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I'll keep blowing up whoever gets credited with inventing the smartphone.

Oh wait you meant making things worse.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
*sneezes*

Ah, poo poo, now I'm shedding the COVID vaccine and we're getting 5g signal four centuries early....

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So originally this time now was meant to be dino paradise with dino society evolving into a peaceful utopia of love, creativity, and kindness. Alas I sort of screwed up the dino Armageddon solution to the whole asteroid thing.

Unfortunately I asked the t-rex astronauts to sign a scale model of the space ship it would be flying and it got a hand cramp, that caused it to crash, and now there isn't a dino society any more, my t-rex astronaut signed model spaceship isn't worth poo poo on ebay. :(

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oh god the confederates won the civil war this is really hosed up

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Enh, close enough.

*wards off giant mosquitos

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok I hosed up, time now goes backwards for some reason, don't worry I got this don't poo poo.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Smugworth posted:

Oh god the confederates won the civil war this is really hosed up

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0389828/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_7_nm_1_q_csa%2520

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Ground floor page 1

e: what the actual gently caress

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Karate Bastard posted:

Ok I hosed up, time now goes backwards for some reason, don't worry I got this don't poo poo.

What the gently caress! Times going backwards now, does anyone know what the hells going on?

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
got an awesome idea for a palette swap of a cacodemon, going to go back in time and put it in doom 2. also, a cool bouncy enemy for quake 1, that'll liven up episode 4.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You bastard.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Well the good news is that the time machine works, flip side I lost my snakes.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i went back in time and re-invited the wheel for the first time

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
*zaps back to present time* whew, that was tough but i managed to convince all those sailors to let the dodo birds live...

*a pair of dodo birds in cop uniforms taze me and body slam me to the ground*

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

*adjusts etymology of "bird" so that people call them "cock gobblers"*

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Well, I went back to February 3rd, 1959 and told Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and the Big Bopper not to get on the plane and played them "American Pie" by Don McLean.

Now it seems all three lived to at least 1971 so they could take turns repeatedly punching McLean in the dick for writing such a poo poo rear end butt poop tribute song.

Pretty good outcome, I must say.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

A Bigger Bopper has crashed into the second corn field.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Well, I went back to February 3rd, 1959 and told Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and the Big Bopper not to get on the plane and played them "American Pie" by Don McLean.

Now it seems all three lived to at least 1971 so they could take turns repeatedly punching McLean in the dick for writing such a poo poo rear end butt poop tribute song.

the day don's dick died

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Karate Bastard posted:

.ti⑁ƨ TEИƎT lɒɘɿ ɘmoƧ .ni ϱnibilƨ tƨuᒑ ƨi qooq ɘ⑁t ,γɒwγnɒ won ti⑁ƨ nɒɔ ɘw ɘʞil ton ƨ'ti llɘW

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 30, 2024

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

By my calculations two wrongs don't make a right but ten wrongs make it sorta back to normal.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Why are there so drat many butterflies???

Mickey Mental
May 18, 2008

You Are A Werewolf posted:

I went back and played them the Madonna version and they couldn't get on the plane fast enough.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Imagine it says "time machine".

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

God drat you Birkowski!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Redshirt, did I cause your new avatar? Blink twice for 'yes'.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
aw dangit, this universe got the MLP incursion event too, time for another go. maybe only burn half of the Library of Alexandria this time

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

*adjusts etymology of "bird" so that people call them "cock gobblers"*
your stupid linguistic shift means my excellent joke about a dog walking into a bar no longer works :colbert:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

By popular demand posted:

Redshirt, did I cause your new avatar? Blink twice for 'yes'.

*blinks

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
, is instantly transformed into a tangled jumble of temporally displaced limbs*

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Somehow I didn't get credit for my high-school gym class in this timeline and now I have to retake it as an adult but I'm late for the first class and the gymnasium isn't where I thought it was and where are my pants???

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Enh, good enough

*shoos away giant Shmoo

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
oh no mozart didn't exist back then, i must become him and write all his music!

uh oops turns out he did exist and is really pissed off, also he stole my time machine

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

ShredsYouSay posted:

oh no mozart didn't exist back then, i must become him and write all his music!

uh oops turns out he did exist and is really pissed off, also he stole my time machine

duh duh duh duuuhhhhhnnmn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Good news! I found out what killed all the other timelines. It was basically the invention of the sqrnt, which is a-

*entire dimension gets obliterated by time cops*