Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

and here I always thought it was just using the SMG was what would take your score down. I always used the sparkshot since it is VERY effective against Birkin when you are riding the train down into the lab. The flamethrower is equally useful for taking care of the ivies quickly and saves ammo that would be otherwise used for the upgraded lickers or boss fights.

However if it is true that the SMG doesn't diminish your score then I guess I'll forget the handguns from now on :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Aces High posted:

and here I always thought it was just using the SMG was what would take your score down. I always used the sparkshot since it is VERY effective against Birkin when you are riding the train down into the lab. The flamethrower is equally useful for taking care of the ivies quickly and saves ammo that would be otherwise used for the upgraded lickers or boss fights.

However if it is true that the SMG doesn't diminish your score then I guess I'll forget the handguns from now on :v:

I've always used the SMG for the embryo boss between the police station and sewers. It chews up a lot of its ammo, 30-40% I think, but you'll avoid damage entirely as the little things its spits out only take a single bullet to kill so just tap down as they approach and never stop firing. Since the SMG has the push-back effect the boss itself won't get within a meter of you, though it will still be able to move forward slightly.

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Mr. Soop posted:

And the LP ends with Drew showing that he is truly the Master of Tofuing. Well done. :golfclap:

Thanks for the LP, guys. Your level of chill is pretty good, and I'm looking forward to more DOO Play. Any chance you'll be doing another RE game? I'd be down for more of that if you guys aren't sick of it yet.

Thanks! We've got some other games planned for the immediate future, but we do have almost half of Jill's playthrough of REMake recorded, and I would like to actually finish that run. I would also love to sit down and tackle RE3 and Code Veronica at some point as well. I can't say exactly how long it'll be, but much like Mega Man X and Sonic, Resident Evil is a series that we're planning on revisiting fairly often.

John Luebke posted:

This post is a bit older but I don't think anyone corrected this yet. While rumors persist that all two slot weapons (The SMG, spark shot and flamethrower) decrease your ranking, none of them actually do. ( I use all of them doing my playthroughs and have no issues getting A ranks.)

Only the unlockable SMG with infinite ammo, as well as the other unlockable guns, do that.

That is really good to know! It's surprising how difficult it is to find concrete information about this game after all these years, I can't tell you how many sites I checked trying to find that out.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah, Tofu. They don't give you a hell of a lot of room to dodge zombies, do they? I suppose it's meant as like an extreme challenge run or something.

threedestinos
Jun 20, 2014

There is clearly something wrong here.
I can't seem to put my opposable thumb on it....
Cool content and love the changing retro intro screens and good info while in-game.

This may seem like an easy question but being in the middle of what seems a full series replay, What game RE game are you most excited to possibly Re(Let's)Play?

Watching this makes me nostalgic but RE4 is obviously a heavy contender. I hear talk about Resident Evil REmake being crazy awesome though... thoughts?

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
I'm hoping someone will do an Outbreak LP, even if it's (nearly) impossible to do multiplayer. Almost all the scenarios are fun, each character plays significantly differently, and it's practically built for challenge runs or thread-voting on poo poo.

Ceraph
Feb 26, 2013

Say, "fuzzy pickles."

threedestinos posted:

Cool content and love the changing retro intro screens and good info while in-game.

This may seem like an easy question but being in the middle of what seems a full series replay, What game RE game are you most excited to possibly Re(Let's)Play?

Watching this makes me nostalgic but RE4 is obviously a heavy contender. I hear talk about Resident Evil REmake being crazy awesome though... thoughts?

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I've never actually played RE3 or Code: Veronica. In as much as I love RE4, I'm more excited to cover Code: Veronica and 3 (probably in that order) than 4. I just saw the announcement for the HD re-release of REmake, and I know I'm going to be picking that up when it comes out, so we will probably be taking a look at that at some point. I may even just shelve what we have of Jill's playthrough and just do it in the HD version, depending on when exactly "early 2015" ends up being.

Mountain Lightning posted:

I'm hoping someone will do an Outbreak LP, even if it's (nearly) impossible to do multiplayer. Almost all the scenarios are fun, each character plays significantly differently, and it's practically built for challenge runs or thread-voting on poo poo.

Outbreak is another game I never got a chance to play, but it always seemed like a really cool concept. An Outbreak thread could be a lot of fun, but I make no promises haha.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
My recommendation, unless you want to go into Outbreak blind, is to play through it once to know vaguely what you need to do... and to unlock the ability to turn off Partner Characters with "Lone Wolf" mode. The AI partners in 1 are decent, but in 2 they are actively harmful and useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Ceraph posted:

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I've never actually played RE3 or Code: Veronica. In as much as I love RE4, I'm more excited to cover Code: Veronica and 3 (probably in that order) than 4.
I've never played 3, but Code: Veronica is my favourite game in the series. I'm looking forward to this.

• Locked thread