Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Coldforge posted:

Nope. He was fine, though not what anyone would call great, in the last game. He had been bad most of camp and horrible against Baltimore; we'll see which one shows up against the Chargers.

San Diego's pass rush isn't good to judge anything by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

warcrimes posted:

Probably the one who's been poo poo his whole career.

Probably, but I'll take the one game of improvement, and shed a tear when he gets cut in a week.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

RG3 is going to kill me before he kills himself.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Vinny Testaverde played until he was 44.

Suck it Brett Favre

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ostentatious posted:

Vinny Testaverde played until he was 44.

Suck it Brett Favre

Favre played in like 7 more seasons worth of games than Vinny

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Brett Favre is actually 64

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
This will be Aaron Rodgers's 10th season in the NFL.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Quest For Glory II posted:

Brett Favre is actually 24

And he has been for 40 years. I mean look at him.

He's just a kid out there.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Redskins offense looked promising. Kirk scoring when RG3 could not will only make the pundits even more insufferable. At least they'll have something to talk about instead of the stupid name. Garcon, Roberts, Jackson, and Reed will be an insane set of weapons. Here's hoping Robert can use them. The guy still makes dumb moves and can't slide worth a drat. Morris looks steady as always so long as you don't pass to him. Helu didn't really set himself apart; Royster looked better to me. Jackson looks like a great deep threat.

RG3 is going to get murdered by Clowney.

Defense looked good, particularly the front 7, but how much of that was us and how much of that was Cleveland is up for debate. Tons of pressure and sacks. Secondary did well enough. The Rambo "tackle" that produced the fumble was great. In the regular season that's going to be a miss.

Cleveland needs to pick a QB and let him develop chemistry with his offense. Lots of bad timing and poor throws by both QBs. Just pick Manziel, trade Hoyer to Houston, and enjoy the jersey sales while the rookie decides if he's going to excel at the next level or not. The defense looked pretty good overall.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

Brett Favre is actually 64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgFTKuWWYhQ

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
No joke Favre could probably start for at least a third of the league unless he's completely let himself go.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Brett Favre can be the Huang Zhong of the league

What do you guys really not know your ancient Chinese warfare

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Encouraged by some of the lasers RG3 threw and hopefully they put a v-chip in him to discourage running like a TE.

Or running.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

Brett Favre can be the Huang Zhong of the league

What do you guys really not know your ancient Chinese warfare

Brett Favre throws a football over a mountain. Somewhere on the other side of the mountain, Ben Roethlisberger is killed by the same football.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Alouicious posted:

Brett Favre throws a football over a mountain. Somewhere on the other side of the mountain, Ben Roethlisberger is killed by the same football.

Ah yes the butterfly effect

Spork o Doom
May 31, 2011

Sweeper posted:

Ah yes the butterfly effect

The next step is the Browns winning the division and then time explodes.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
RG3 running around and crumpling his legs up under himself when he got tackled made me actually feel something during a preseason game. It was weird. He had a couple passes where he hung in the pocket and looked for another option where he previously would've just took off, so that was encouraging.

Defense looked good against two probably real bad QBs. Also, Captain Kirk is wearing Rexy's old number. It's kinda off-putting.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No joke Favre could probably start for at least a third of the league unless he's completely let himself go.

He's got one of those ice bucket challenge videos. It looks like he's bulking up to play linebacker.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Preseason means nothing but the Browns did not inspire a lot of confidence last night.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dallas should really go for Connor Shaw because our bench at QB is trash anyway.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

John Brown posted:

Dallas should really go for Connor Shaw because our bench at QB is trash anyway.

You will probably better options come up if you're thinking they might have to play this year. Still hope Shaw ends up somewhere he might have a chance to play eventually.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
His best chance to play might be with the browns. We have started 3 different QBs pretty often the last couple years

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

He's got one of those ice bucket challenge videos. It looks like he's bulking up to play linebacker.

It speaks to his natural athleticism that the dude is in better shape now than when he actually played because he didn't need to train poo poo.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Whoever covers the Browns over at the ESPN blogs loving hates Manziel.

quote:

Manziel said he slipped up and he "should have been smarter."

No kidding.

He said he gets endless grief from opposing teams and fans, and Joe Haden said he heard all kinds of disrespectful things directed at Manziel.

Whatever.

Show some class and respect the game. It's not difficult.

Manziel's week started with him missing a meeting and ended with a middle-finger salute. In between he barely completed 50 percent in practice and played poorly in Washington.

Nice week, hotshot.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Is it Scoop Jackson?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
His/her name is Pat McManamon.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Pat McManamon was fired from the plain dealer for accidentally tweeting instead of dming that the browns would never improve under the previous owner. Soooo not the first time his bias has shown through

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
However I believe that for years he was the reason Art Modell's hall of fame nominations failed so I like him for that

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

nice week hotshot hahahahaha

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Dude spent half an hour trying to upload :smugdog: to the espn servers

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

football fuckerman posted:

Pat McManamon was fired from the plain dealer for accidentally tweeting instead of dming that the browns would never improve under the previous owner. Soooo not the first time his bias has shown through

That was Tony Grossi. McManamon was an Akron beat guy before taking the job at ESPN.

football fuckerman posted:

However I believe that for years he was the reason Art Modell's hall of fame nominations failed so I like him for that

Also Tony Grossi who has a HOF vote, I don't think Pat has one.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I don't care about the middle finger, I fail to see why I should care about the middle finger.

The thing that needs to be talked about is how bad the Browns passing game was last night, because....jesus it was bad.

Connor Shaw is good peeps though, good for him.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Bigass Moth posted:

That was Tony Grossi. McManamon was an Akron beat guy before taking the job at ESPN.

Also Tony Grossi who has a HOF vote, I don't think Pat has one.

Ohhhh poo poo that's right. McManamon also jumped to one of the national blogs so I got them confused. Oops

McManamon is much more boring than I thought

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
That Connor Shaw kid looked great against a third string defense. There's your day 1 starter right there.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That blog quote owns.

Middle finger salute. Played like poo poo. Nice week Hotshot.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Connor Shaw is complete poo poo.

JakeLiebenow
Apr 21, 2013
Found this on SB nation:

https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/501691650692091904

lmbo

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

You'd think after the Johnny Cam this poo poo wouldn't be hard for him

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
The look of annoyance in the PR guy and JFF's "ah gently caress" as if he just got in trouble with teacher are aces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Elotana posted:

So basically Clowney's first step is so nuts that the OL can't trap block when he's on the field? :flashfap:

Clowney's in the backfield before half the o-line is out of their stances

DangerKat posted:

The look of annoyance in the PR guy and JFF's "ah gently caress" as if he just got in trouble with teacher are aces.

I'm a little disappointed in JFF, I wanted him to go the full Chael Sonnen denial route

"That's not me. He doesn't even look like me."

• Locked thread