Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Lumbering troll went off and bought a server for goons.

Something feudal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Piglet posted:

Yes there are a few of us still playing. Some on Xanadu and some on Chaos. We're all old and tired and don't talk much and pretty much just complain about the weather.

Ah, well I'm on Xanadu as Aurelina if anyone ever wants to complain together. Doing my best impression of a hermit south of Vrok's Landing right now, wasn't big on a pub village I joined.

I almost feel like we should be in our own thread but it'd get five posts then disappear forever.

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Oct 19, 2014

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
We have a new server. its in Texas.

Name: Something Feudal - Peasant Simulator
216.245.204.242:44860

There are around 15 goons playing on it, and a few random pubs to slaughter.

We use this mumble
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3521554

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 19, 2014

savvy88
Sep 3, 2012

LumberingTroll posted:

We have a new server. its in Texas.

Name: Something Feudal - Peasant Simulator
216.245.204.242:44860

There are around 15 goons playing on it, and a few random pubs to slaughter.

I'll take a look as Zooey.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
We have one that's been going awhile here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3670463
Hard to say the headcount because everyone is on at different times.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Pretty much 100% gave up on this game until they improve performance and add quality of life improvements for managing buildings so more than one person can control doors and gates, and get rid of the jumping over walls poo poo. I have no idea how the performance issues never came up before they released the alpha, I think I remember one of the devs saying "It runs fine on our computers, so we are looking into it."

They have internal alphas for the MMO, did none of those sperglord testers bring it up? Not to mention the fact that the most secure way of storing things is to bury a bag in the woods.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Justin Tyme posted:

Pretty much 100% gave up on this game until they improve performance and add quality of life improvements for managing buildings so more than one person can control doors and gates, and get rid of the jumping over walls poo poo. I have no idea how the performance issues never came up before they released the alpha, I think I remember one of the devs saying "It runs fine on our computers, so we are looking into it."

They have internal alphas for the MMO, did none of those sperglord testers bring it up? Not to mention the fact that the most secure way of storing things is to bury a bag in the woods.

They probably wanted money sooner than later.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Justin Tyme posted:

They have internal alphas for the MMO

Bobik made people pay to test and is rather strict about negative feedback on the forums. Guy kind of reminds me of the two dudes who made H+H/Salem.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Well over the weekend I found several bugs :(

if you are working near another player the sounds sometimes get stuck. it sounded like we had an army of workers digging and sawing but just 2 of us.

Also we had a landscape glitch i am guessing at a chunk border, We have been leveling out a large platform for a Keep and at one point we cannot add soil to an area at level 9 when our platform is at 11.4.

The reason is that when we place any soil in the level 9 block or any block that will put overfill into the 9 block it will put it on another levelled area about 6 blocks away. The reason i think its a chunk border is that going up the whole line we see a differing in textures (mismatch) and then any slope on that line is not a slope but the sharp see through the landscape issue.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

How steep is the slope? Do you get a lot of smoke/dust rising below you when you attempt to flatten the terrain? I've moved a lot of soil near map lines and it has always worked anyway, despite looking glitchy as hell.

My server's smith logged out for the day and not 30 seconds later my shovel broke. Welp.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This is such a terrible game and yet here I am fussing over the poop-o-meter in my chicken coops :negative:

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Grandmaster carpentry. All the decoration items require stuff from other grandmasters. I am trapped in a sawing simulator that won't let me leave.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

The fact that no one can tell anyone from anyone because were all baldies makes this game so much more enjoyable when everyone panic attacks that some rando enters town and takes everything from the bags.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
There was some dude attacking me this morning, I chased him off a few times but real life worked beckoned. Now the client has updated and I can't get back in. Expecting lots of poo poo looted since there's currently 1 dude on the server.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

who cares I want a goddamn stone fort around and by god my masonry will get to that point tonight.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm enjoying planting trees :shobon:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Speaking of that, is there a point in planting anything but oaks and pine trees for your hard/softwood needs? They seem to be able to grow the largest and thus provide the most wood. Sure for a park you'd plant different things, but for the timber industry it would be the best choice I think.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Poil posted:

Speaking of that, is there a point in planting anything but oaks and pine trees for your hard/softwood needs? They seem to be able to grow the largest and thus provide the most wood. Sure for a park you'd plant different things, but for the timber industry it would be the best choice I think.

So far that seems to be the case. Not sure if each have different maturity timers or not.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I bought this game on a whim because the premise seemed interesting, but I think I'm going to hold off on it until they improve the interface. Played for a while a few weeks ago, but I had so much trouble with the cumbersome controls that I didn't stand a chance when I got attacked by a random wolf.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread to see if anything changes on that front.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Plant Apple trees and never worry about food again. Then kill your chickens.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

wolves are meant to gently caress you up. If you see one you will die unless you are some sort of god with the sling.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BERGfu posted:

wolves are meant to gently caress you up. If you see one you will die unless you are some sort of god with the sling.

so are naked dudes with pitch forks :derp:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Alright you convinced me. I'm trying to direct connect to Something Feudal but nothing's happening?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Alright you convinced me. I'm trying to direct connect to Something Feudal but nothing's happening?

I don't know PM Lumbering maybe he's screwing with the setting because of the update.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Something Feudal is up, its retarded to update your game at 4am.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

our village resumes

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Alright I'm in, where's your town at?

e: I said hi in the server but there's just a guy saying 'no' (I guess to own me)

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 20, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Alright I'm in, where's your town at?

e: I said hi in the server but there's just a guy saying 'no' (I guess to own me)

between the lake and mountain just a little south or down of that on the map. There isn't a compass so I'm just assuming the top is north.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Haha there's someone patrolling town and calling me a peasant

You guys want me to specialize in something?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Basically do whatever you want, just try not to scare away pubbies yet because we need bodies to make more fun later. Lumbering is mostly in charge because his mumble et server.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

BERGfu posted:

Lumbering is mostly in charge because his mumble et server.

haha this is funny. Herding cats is easier.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Poil posted:

How steep is the slope? Do you get a lot of smoke/dust rising below you when you attempt to flatten the terrain? I've moved a lot of soil near map lines and it has always worked anyway, despite looking glitchy as hell.

My server's smith logged out for the day and not 30 seconds later my shovel broke. Welp.

We had a flattened area, we stood on a tile and right clicked on the neighboring tile (observe said we were at 11.4 the tile was at 9)
we then did raise ground level - the dirt ends up on an 11.4 flattened tile on the other side.
We then stood on the 9 tile and dropped dirt - Same effect
We then stood on the 10.1 tile next to the 9 tile and dropped dirt on it. - the dirt appeared on the 11.4 flattened tile on the other side.

The problem is the 11.4 is on one chunk, the 9 is just on another chunk, (see through glitch on the side and the textures don't line up)
so we have worked around it and there are 6 squares we cannot terraform at all.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I hate that drinkfist has decided to make all of the leather. I'm taking that away from him today.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Is anyone still on Ziggy Starfucker's server?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

I hate that drinkfist has decided to make all of the leather. I'm taking that away from him today.

I still got it all. Remember what happened to the last scumbags that took my leather.

Also I have a crossbow now so all yall be hosed. Devs must have never played CS because I am quickscoping to dodge the reload animation and the poo poo is just inaccurate and unreasonable now. I suppose you can really lay waste when the skill levels take effect and increase the accuracy but as it stands all weapons in the game ALWAYS miss what you are aiming at.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 22, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

I still got it all. Remember what happened to the last scumbags that took my leather.

I wasn't playing at 4 in the morning so I don't know did you scare away the two naked people who weren't goons on our server?

Richardanator
May 8, 2006

Mmmm.....
Which one of you goons on Peasant Simulator is Shard Death Rattle?

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.
Shard Death Rattle isn't a goon. Found that out a little while ago. Abe Frohman, Doji Suave and
Matthew Freshour are all goons/goon friends. We've got a nice little settlement going in our first day today. May even have 2 - 4 more goons joining us shortly. Something Feudal has been a fun time, thanks for the server.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

If anyone is still playing this -- they've just dropped an update:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=290080

Furniture in houses is now possible, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Gathering over a hundred building logs is not very fun when every tree only gives 1-2. gently caress anything that's not a full grown oak.

Weembles posted:

Furniture in houses is now possible, apparently.
It also looks pretty cool.

However it appears that lamp posts are now a bit... displaced.

• Locked thread