Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
CHIM will no longer avail you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The dream of the godhead as drawn the Tal0sian interpretation into reticent spirals, the Ada-mantia is split among the loopings of new-time and $ithi$ rules in its absence

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strategic Tea posted:

The dream of the godhead as drawn the Tal0sian interpretation into reticent spirals, the Ada-mantia is split among the loopings of new-time and $ithi$ rules in its absence

Fag

Dec 26, 2012

klapman posted:

gategate could now actually lead to a successful suit

god willing

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The Sharmat posted:

Next TES game will be in Black Marsh, but they will design it as one giant temperate forest

but in their defense, being in a giant swamp through the whole game would be pretty dismal

i grew o] about an hour away from a giant swamp and giant swamps can actually be really pretty and have a surprisingly varied landscape if done right.

the problem is that devs are either massive goons who dont go outside or all live in areas with no swamps so they just cut and paste the same 3 trees and shrubs, scatter some puddles everywhere then call it a day.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Agean90 posted:

i grew o] about an hour away from a giant swamp and giant swamps can actually be really pretty and have a surprisingly varied landscape if done right.

the problem is that devs are either massive goons who dont go outside or all live in areas with no swamps so they just cut and paste the same 3 trees and shrubs, scatter some puddles everywhere then call it a day.

/me writes this post but with slapping my limp hands on the keyboard and under my breath saying it with a lisp and a goofy voice.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

/me writes this post but with slapping my limp hands on the keyboard and under my breath saying it with a lisp and a goofy voice.

this post is so weak it gets beat up by other nerds for lunchmoney

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Agean90 posted:

I want a game in a cool swamp now but I know it will never happen. thanks fag

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

I dunno, I can imagine a fun experimental indie game about your mum.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

Try STALKER: Call of Pripyat. Peace.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

Try STALKER: Call of Pripyat. Peace.

I am going to remember this suggestion and pursue this advice at a later date. Thank you Wormskull.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clearsky also has a good swamp opener

Dec 26, 2012

frank.club posted:

Clearsky also has a good swamp opener

the clear sky swamp owns and its a shame you have almost no reason to go back there after the beginning

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've played the other two to death but I still haven't played Clear Sky because apparently it's bad. Is it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes vanilla is not good. The vanilla has a solid chance of corrupting your save and unuograded guns have terrible comes of fire. There's a mod called 'faction wars' thats kept up to date by someone in the games thread. It's like freeroam stalker so you can fight for the swamps all you want and get paid for it.

Dec 26, 2012

vanilla with the bug fix is fine, but yeah unupgraded guns are trash

except for the unique guns which rule

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've played the other two to death but I still haven't played Clear Sky because apparently it's bad. Is it

It's fine other than the end and don't waste time with faction wars.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe at least get the fix that prevents save corruption

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

since you've played the other two a bunch just install the faction war mod and have fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

It's fine other than the end and don't waste time with faction wars.

What happened at the end? I played it a long time ago and don't remember what happened

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
well, for me, strelok teleported below the bridge he spawned on and ran against a support while i dunked 20 gauss rifle rounds into his noggin

Dec 26, 2012

im gonna replay clear sky.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it's underrated

Dec 26, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

What happened at the end? I played it a long time ago and don't remember what happened

blowout falls, everyone dies

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It's like a really crappy Ukrainian version of a typical boring FPS boss battle on a set piece that might be cool if it wasn't for what it's for.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

This but all the stalker games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That said, you much better off playing Fallout: New Vegas, or better yet, Fallout 3, for a much more well polished and immersive experience. In many ways, STALKER is a valiant attempt to capitalize on the genius pioneering of those titles, but in the end it's far to easy to see that it is indeed an attempt after all, and one might say, not so successful either. Enjoy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I used to think fallout 3 was good, but then I read a lot of posts by people with pedophaellic anime avatars that said otherwise and now I play poorly made lovely games from eastern Europe. The witcher for the win, fellow stalker!

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
the shooting in stalker is pretty good. fallout shooting sucks

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I used to think fallout 3 was good, but then I read a lot of posts by people with pedophaellic anime avatars that said otherwise and now I play poorly made lovely games from eastern Europe. The witcher for the win, fellow stalker!

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
The Witcher 2 is actually pretty good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

The Witcher 2 is actually pretty good

lmfao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pookum posted:

the shooting in stalker is pretty good. fallout shooting sucks

The games have pretty much the same system except the later Stalker games have a more in-depth modding/attachment system.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
STALKER is pretty fun. It has some challenging enemies and decent enemy AI. Didn't like how spread worked in that game, though. Felt like it made early-game weapons too lovely.

Also Fallout 3 isn't very good of a roleplaying game. Nice exploration, though, and Bethesda has better taste in 30's-50's music than Obsidian.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

it alway felt like the stalker games control a lot better and the fact that the models arent stiff barbie dolls means they can actually move around an area and use cover.

RAGE kinda beats them both though in haveing good post apocalyptic shooting

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
one time i ran out of ammo so i lurked in a sewage ditch until night and stabbed some dudes that were patrolling the road with a knife

well thats my stalker story. good games.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
that actually sounds kind of cool

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Sharmat posted:

that actually sounds kind of cool

Until you realize that the AI sees just fine at night, and he could have ducked in the sewer for approximately 2 seconds and just meleed his former attackers.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
actually i was playing it with mods so the AI was pretty blind at night and you could use some stealth. bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

pixelbaron posted:

actually i was playing it with mods

• Locked thread