Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Drift
0:00 | XP ●●●○○» | 1-barter

Drift clambers half out of the destroyer, sitting in the window so she can look this relic in the eye. "Blood, Grandfather." She takes a long drag on her cigarette. "Blood and death. Heard the Parson put out a call for gun-hands and road warriors. Heard he was having a reckoning with War-Al. Heard there was killing to be done."

Drift drags that smoke down until her cancer stick is a glowing nub, and flicks the sad remnant away, off into the shadows. "We hear wrong, Grandfather?"

Read a Person (+sharp): 2d6+2 10
Got 3, spending one right off:
• how could I get your character to let us in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Grim
0:00 | 2 Armor | XP ●●●○○» | Barter-2

As Drift dismounts the destroyer, I join her. I keep quiet, but cast my mental senses out as far as I can, making a mental count of the mindlights in the area and marking their positions. Something tells me poo poo might go down.
Open your Brain 13 +XP

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

0:00 | 3-armor | 1/5 XP | 2-barter

Drift says it more eloquently than I could. She's also telling a pretty good lie of omission. There will be blood, but it will be the blood of A-Town. I bide my time, and contribute to the conversation by my presence.

Guess y'all don't need my help on those rolls, drat

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
The Keymaster
0:00 | 1-armor (Divine Protection)| XP 2/5 | 3-barter

I laugh. "Because you can't! I mean, sure, you could kill me personally, but do you honestly think I'm the first person to ever hold the title of Keymaster? The People would be gone into the wastes before my body hit the floor, a new selection ritual would be performed, and you'd have a martyr on your hands, on top of all the other poo poo you're dealing with. And all the poo poo you're going to be dealing with soon - you see it, don't you? Do you have any idea what you're walking into here?"

My face turns serious. "In fact, I think that may be why you haven't killed me. We both have bigger fish to fry right now. Whether you realize it or not, you have been caught up in one hell of a storm brewing. Hell, you notice my followers haven't actually stolen anything from you yet, or organized any major demonstrations or work-stoppages or sabotage or whatever the gently caress else people always attribute to us? It's not like we couldn't, either - poo poo, man, look at how receptive an audience I've been finding out there. If I was trying to launch an uprising here, Colonel, I could have done it already."

A long, tired sigh, as I kick the chair back and balance it on the two rear legs, looking at the ceiling. "Look, people call me a fanatic, and they're right. The poo poo I preach, that's not just rhetoric, okay? I actually believe all of that stuff. People are meant to be free, to have free movement across the land, free access to shelter and resources, and it's all the barriers the Old World threw up to keep people in place that killed the world. We've found a way to break down those barriers, to unlock all the doors - even the ones we didn't realize were there, the ones in our heads. There's real power on the other side of those doors, power that can't be harnessed by one person alone. I can catch glimpses of what's on the other side by myself, but to really unlock that door, I need the People. When we dance, and make our music, it leads us to the Keys - they're real, buddy, they're loving real, I didn't believe it until my first dance when I was still a petty thieving punk all those years ago. And when we opened the door when we first arrived at Mercy, I saw...something big on the other side. Something really big. The kind of thing that shakes the world to its foundation, the kind of thing that can really, massively upset the balance of power. And Mercy is a part of it - not 'will be' a part of it, is a part of it, right loving now."

Letting the chair fall back to the ground, I lower my glasses enough to peer over them, and fix Lin's gaze with mine. "We're not on the same side, you and I; far as the People are concerned, you're just one more boss in a long line of bosses, and I'm inclined to agree with them. But you're not a stupid boss, and I think you understand that we are not the biggest threat here. The storm is - and I intend to ride that storm out."

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Museu

Most of the nose is various forms of cartilage; it's only the bit from your eyeline up that is really bone. When most people say they've "broken their nose" they mean that they've separated the softy bits from the boney bits, and it all had to grow back together. You can usually see this, because the area where the boney bit means the softy bit will be bigger than the rest. But if you hit a nose really loving hard, and at the right angle, you can shatter all of that bone and the bones behind and drive the shattered bits up into that front part of your brain that is responsible for "thinking" and "being a human being." Imagine performing a lobotomy with a tiny shotgun and you're getting the right idea.

So there's Eastwood, twitching and seizing on the ground, each movement shaking shards of bone around in his grey matter. There's Mask, her hand bloody even under the leather glove; you don't do that kind of damage and not take it back. Not a thing that she's worried about right now, though. Museu goes silent for a few seconds and then turns into loving bedlam. In the old movies, bar fights are always a circus affair, all jumping and punching and people diving over bars. In real life when you put dozens of well-armed criminals in a room and give them a reason to fight, it's bloody and it's over pretty loving quickly.

Do you want to fight to end in few injuries for both sides but the Knots might be in poo poo with the local fuzz, or do you want it to be a bloody mess, lost a few members, and the Knots are Not To Be hosed With here?

A-Town

"The Parson done gone and rode," says Jeff the guard. "You too late. Market's closed, too, on account of them all bein' gone. All that treasure and none of it for us old geezers. Now, if you wanted to change my fortune..."

The guard will let you in if you offer him something valuable and/or coveted. Saving Grim's Open Brain for a bit later in the scene, it'll work better. If you offer something up, feel free to narrate yourselves passing through the gates and what you see or are looking for.

Freehold

Whether it's the prolific booze or the luxe accomodations or Jersey's influence or maybe all three, the Boys spend a night in relative peace and quiet. Jersey is quite pleased by their failure to light anything larger than a few wooden chairs on fire and how they've kept their desire to bleed everywhere under control. Progress has been made, such as it is.

The sun rises a bit sooner than they expect. The Boys stretch and greet the day with fresh faces. poo poo, a few of them even shaved. It's good, too, because as soon as ROADSIDE shows Jersey's face to the sky, there's a woman running to his trailer.

"Hey, you, mister man! Mister man!" She's old, with a hunch in her back and a face like a worm farm. "We needs you! You all, you all tough, yes?"

Madysyn explains, in her own way, that a large, very well-armed force has been spotted on the horizon. ROADSIDE gathers, after a few questions, that Freehold's own defenses are limited at best. "So, will you help us?"

I mean, ROADSIDE could stay and fight. He could offer to go out and 'negotiate' a surrender. Or he could just cut and run, like a reasonable person who is interested in living to see tomorrow.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

ROADSIDE, the Faceless
0:00 | 2-armor (Proper Signage)| XP 3/5 | 0-barter

Consider the Jersey Boys. Hideous Mitch is finishing rubbing the grit off his face; he drained his boils last night, and he looks fresh and new. Jangle and Smiler are laying around like cats. Meat Machine never let them relax it seems. Bricks, Mika, Three-Nut, Jezza, and all the others look like they're not sure what to do now that they've spent a night without beating themselves or someone else to hell and back.

ROADSIDE smiles, and Madysyn blanches. "Yes. Jersey's will brought us here. This is why, this is why. Transform the animal, save the People." He pounds a huge hand on his chest plate, the Stop sign clanging clear in the morning air. "Listen up, and listen sharp. Jersey brought us to this land of water and food, beds and baths. Now some filthy Animals are coming to take it from you, and burn it down to ash and scrap. Jersey said he had a purpose for you and This Is It. Prove that you're People, defend what you have. Trust in Jersey. He trusts in you. I TRUST IN YOU. SHOW THESE ANIMALS HOW PEOPLE DEFEND THEIR HOMES."

ROADSIDE stomps the ground and pounds on his chest plate again. All at once, the Jersey Boys and ROADSIDE cheer. "Jersey is right! Jersey is Wise!" They grab knives, chains, bottles of guzz and rags, and other implements of pain and blood, and then scramble off to the walls, to meet the coming war.

Pack Alpha: 2d6+3 15
:siren: LEADER OF MEN :siren: (hard XP)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

0:00 | 3-armor | 1/5 XP | 2-barter

"Your fortunes are truly about to change, abuelo. The market of this forsaken town still holds many riches, and you will have your treasure; artifacts, food, weapons. There are three Riders now, and there is bounty beyond our capacity, need, or want. The same is true of four Riders. Open the gate and give me your Parson-medal to crush; a Rider you will be considered for now." What's happened to my manner of speaking? It's becoming grandiose. "We will be passing through these gates. Know that."

I'll see your bribe and make you an offer you can't refuse, Jeff.
Go Aggro: 2d6+2 12

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Mask 0:00 | 0:00gang | Armor 2 | XP ●●○○○» | 1-Barter

Mask didn't even try. Not to reel these savages in. Not today, not after the long road and the raiding and raiding and raiding. No, the Knots wanted a knock-down, tear-poo poo-up fight. They knew a few might die, but that didn't even matter. It was the sort of risk you took, fighting alongside a biker gang. Mask watched with amusement as the poo poo went down, wrapping her busted knuckles in a few rags from her bag. gently caress, she needed to get some knuckle dusters before she did that again. She watched Enjoy By go down hard, bottle to the gut, and Polestar ended up getting stabbed, but that just made the rest of the Knots more vicious. They stabbed and brawled and beat, swinging fists and crowbars and bottles at anyone who dared get into the melee. It didn't go on too long, maybe ten minutes, but long enough to put the word out: the Knots were Not To Be hosed With. At least not in Mercy. Hell, even the local detail of 'cops' who showed up didn't want to get involved in the savagery the Knots were undertaking.

By the end of it most of Eastwood's troops were dead or dying or just beat to a pulp and most of Museu's good liquor was packed onto the Knots' saddlebags. Now they needed somewhere to sleep for the night. Wasn't here a hotel in this poo poo-hole?

Hopefully, I got the harm right. Will you post how much is actually done so I can keep the clocks accordingly? Also, I don't think there was any stopping these Savages without imposing my will.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Colonel Lin

For a moment, Lin's just looked tired, and old, lines crossing his youthful face.
"I've heard that many times before. Many, many times, from good men and women, and wicked ones." he said sadly. "I'm still here."

A blink, and everything was back as it had been before. Young Colonel Lin poured out two small glasses of water and took a sip from each, before offering one to the Keymaster.
"But you probably say it best. Good enough, for now." he said brightly. "I guess that's why you're the Hocus."

"You know me; what I can count, that's real. Everything else, eh." he chuckled. "But let's say I believe you, that there's a storm coming. It seems likely enough, if not so fantastic as you say. What do I get for letting a bandit gang - " he held up his hand "Someone who's stolen from us, what do I get for letting you shelter in my hold? What can you do for me?"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I'm still here, I just figure I'm following along and not doing much until my Open Brain becomes applicable.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

My heart has lost the gonzo magic for this game and want to give it a clean death instead of limping along. It was a grand session and I'd have y'all back in an instant if I run another game.

Stay crazy.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

:(

Thanks for running it. I had a lot of fun.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Yeah, had a blast!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
There needs to be a :black99:
Like a :black101: but where its sad and the axe is down like :eng99:.

Thanks for running the game, I had a lot of fun

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:rip:

Thanks for running it, it was a blast while it lasted!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

See you, Road Cone Boy.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I kinda guessed.
Thanks for running it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
drat. Thanks for putting it on, it was excellent.

• Locked thread