Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Hot: 1 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: 0
XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/5 Conditions: Busybody,
Locations: Chemistry Lab

The phone goes off in my hand, and I'm briefly startled. But not nearly as much as Mark. What Geoff collapsed? I look at the missing chemicals. There could be a lot of other possibilities.

"Is a doctor already present? I might have an idea what cuased this?"

"Dr. Metcalfe is going for the phone. Alexandra, he's barely breathing."

On one hand, a misdiagnosis could cost Geoff his life. But if noone else acts, he will die. "Mark. Listen carefully. Get Lizzie. Have her inject Insulin into Geoff. Make sure he eats something with sugar afterwards. If the doctor intervenes, tell her there's KCI missing from the chemistry lab. What you describe sounds like accute hyperkalemia and insulin is a treatment for that. Have the doctor do the injection if she's willing."

A murder attempt. But who? My mind races to Constance. Of course, the poison was already added before she came here. Could be chance? Could be she was hoping to put it back here? Could be she wanted me to see this? Still, best to add some extra orders. "Block off the dining hall afterwards. Tell teachers that chemicals are missing and someone might still have the vial. This sounds like a murder attempt."

I start hurrying back towards the dining hall, looking at Cedric. "Cedric, call Lizzie, tell her to get to the dining hall right the heck now!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Reposting prompts for new page.

Gato posted:

We’re coming to the end of the scene. Alex, Lise, Sorne and Alexandra get this prompt and possibly another, depending on what happens now. Those you who’ve snuck off to enjoy each others’ company will get your final prompts of the scene in a bit. Sorry for the disconnect, but I just want to keep everyone in roughly the same timeframe.

Sorne, Lise, Alex: Geoff looks up with a glazed expression, but his legs give way as he struggles to his feet, sending him toppling to the ground. His face is sweaty, but his hands are mottled and cool. His breathing is rapid, shallow, and irregular, his chest and belly pumping erratically. Dr Metcalfe dashes for the phone in the corner, suddenly looking incredibly young and frightened. What do you do?

All three of you need to roll Hold Steady if you’re going to help Geoff. If you fail the roll, you can still carry on, but any aid you give Geoff will be less effective.

Alexandra: Your augmented subconscious dives and searches and weaves but nothing connects. Your fingers tap out the atomic numbers of potassium and chloride to three decimal places but you simply don’t know the physiology. And while you make a promising start through Wikipedia before long you’re bogged down in details of potassium replacement dosage via maintenance fluids in the context of hypokalaemia and in the context of insulin infusion and ECG identification of acute tachyarrhythmia due to hyperkalaemia and -
- your phone rings: it’s Mark, and there’s a faint note of panic in his voice. “Geoff just keeled over in the dining hall! Do you know if – what should – what should we do?” You’re not even at medical school yet and people want your guidance. What do you do?

Remember guys, the OOC thread isn't just for character sheets! If you know you're going to be busy or otherwise unlikely/unable to post, just drop a short note there and we can work around you.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 1
Harm 1/4 | Exp 2/5 | Conditions: Inbred, Predator

Well, that was a more interesting lunchtime than I thought it would be. Still, let's not get too caught off guard. Reputation to uphold and everything. Not saying I wouldn't want to try this again. And, well, let's be honest, again and again. Holding nothing back, definitely into all this. Just need to make sure there's no misunderstandings or hard feelings. "..That was fantastic."

I start to straighten myself out, not wanting to make too big of a deal about looking sloppy and still enjoying some of the closeness. "Look, this may sound.. well, like something people would say that I'd say, but if you could promise not to make this into more than it is? I mean, I'd love to do this again, but it's bad experience on my part." I smile, and unlike usually, it's a genuinely happy smile, not just being amused. "Because that was brilliant."

Fae sex move:
When you lie naked with another, you can ask them for a promise. If they refuse, take 2 Strings on them.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

.Hot. -1 | Cold +2 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Selfish, Predator

Luckily, before things got too crazy, I dragged us back inside - there's a storage room where they off-load everything that gets delivered, so just like the bay, it should be fairly safe. And so far, it has been. Not exactly the most romantic place on campus, but it's better than the loading dock pavement. When he started talking about how things had gone, I was content to smile in silent agreement. Until he started going on about what "this" was. Like I'm going to start getting all possessive or something. Maybe if I had no idea who he was or how he acted. And maybe if "this" wasn't just something to get my mind off of Alex's comments. Probably.

"And what is it, exactly? Did someone play the Wedding March and I was too distracted to hear it? Is that the sound of sheer terror from Ashley Spearing?"

Reaching over, I notice the rest of the pint bottle. But I think I've had enough for a little bit. I slide it over to him as a means of apology as I start to get up, because I've got to start looking for clothes before the staff decides they need more flour or something.

"Don't you worry yourself - I'll leave it as is, I promise. But 'as is' implies that we might be able to enjoy this again, sometime? It'd be a shame to pass up 'brilliant' and 'fantastic' because you think I can't keep myself together."

Making the promise (and marking xp.)
As per the Troll move, trading her "Drunk" for your "Predator."
Also, a reminder: since we shared a drink, your harm is cleared.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 2, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Emma: Something has changed. You feel alive, yes, but not like you expected - you don't feel blissful, or peaceful, but wound tight, ready to snap. You know Tim now, like you never could have before, and you know that he's yours. But does he know? Does he understand? Look at him, so pleased with himself... doesn't he know that you're in charge? How are you going to remind him? You recognise this feeling, and another part of you is screaming at you to run... is Tim safe with you?

Werewolf spirit bond is now active. You're not in Darkest Self yet, but you will be very soon...

Tim: How was that? Was it your first time? You're going to need to tidy this place up before class, but Emma seems a little on edge... what do you do?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 1/4 | Exp 2/5 | Conditions: Inbred, Drunk

"No, that was the voice of unfortunate experience. Still, this.. This is probably happening again. You know, in the future." I grin, getting back into gear for the rest of the world again. "Maybe next time we can find a couch or a bed. Might be a little less spur of the moment." Plus, now that she's agreed, it's a lot easier to hold her to that. I take another drink from the near-empty bottle, smirking and cringing while it goes down.

"Once you have someone follow you around for two months over a misunderstanding, you'll get it. Hope you never get it, to be honest." I grin, putting my trousers where they belong for the outside world. I offer Fiona a hand up as I stand, looking around the room for a moment. "You know what time it is? I got some things I need to get done before the party, and we shtill got afternoon class." Shtill? Close enough, pretty sure I'm not that drunk, thank you very much.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

.Hot. -1 | Cold +2 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1

"In fairness - less spur of the moment implies planning, which further implies a whole lot more than you seem to want. So let's keep it spontaneous, yeah?"

Ash posted:

You know what time it is? I've got...

"One second, let me get my bag."

Fishing out my phone, I cringe a little when I see the time.

"Oh. I guess the housemaster will have to wait. We've only... ten minutes or so left before afternoon classes."

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Ey girl, you ever been with a haunted tent?

Hot: -1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 2/5 | Conditions: Overbearing, Cruel, Drained

I watch Alex hoist Geoff up and begin to relax. "Oh. Alright, then." Yes. A trip to the nurse was definitely in order. I get up too, unable to contain my concern for my sick peer. "I'll come too if that's alright?" I'm sure Alex wouldn't mind the company. I chance a glance in Lise's direction and give her a smile, unsure if she'll be accompanying us too. I'm not so sure I'm in the mood to contend with her weirdness to be honest, though.

I barely bite back a gasp when Geoff suddenly takes a tumble to the floor, his legs utterly giving out on him. "Geoff!?" I cry out, rushing over to look down at him. No. This isn't right at all! Is he having a heart attack? Or some kind of fit? Dr. Metcalfe is already phoning someone for help presumably, and on instinct I get down onto my knees and lay hands on Geoff's shoulders. "Just breathe! Help is on the way!" If anything I can at least try to keep him relatively calm and perhaps stop things from escalating...

Zomg: Rolling to Hold Steady
Zomg: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Zomg, 10+2 = 12

As per the rules for 10 and up, I'm choosing to remove a condition -- Cruel.

Zomg fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 28, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Hot -1 Cold 0 Vol 1 Dark 1
XP: 3+1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions:

I almost have him up, when he collapses, and I can't keep him from falling to the ground. I admit I did not expect that at all; what did Teresa do to him? How far does her power go? Before I can collect myself enough to act, Sorne's already attending to him, and I'd... just crowd things. "I'll... I'll go get someone," I say, voice not as steady as I'd like, not at all...

[5:53pm] Nown: Holding Steady
[5:53pm] Nown: !r 2d6
[5:53pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 6 = 6

Metcalfe's already on the phone, but I head out of the cafeteria anyway, just far enough that I can have some privacy, away from the noise and the frankly contagious anxiety. Just enough room to think by myself, deeply.

[5:56pm] Nown: Gazing into the Abyss
[5:56pm] Nown: !r 2d6+1
[5:56pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 9+1 = 10

What's happening to Geoff? Should I be worried?
Lucid and Clear and I take +1 forward. Also marking XP

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2xCold: -1 Volatile 1x Dark: -1
XP: 4/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions:

Whew. I couldn't keep my hands off of him. I don't know exactly what came over me. But he didn't seem to mind. To the contrary he seemed to have enjoyed it. Still something has changed between us. It's like I'm extra aware of him the way he moves the way he smiles and now I can close my eyes and tell he's looking up at the clock. Worrying. "yeah we better get moving before someone interrupts us." I say cutting him off from saying the same thing and turn to pick up my discarded clothes and dress as Tim turns to do the same. I saw as he turned to put his shirt back on the pale marks on his back where my nails had clawed at him in the throes of passion. I felt slightly guilty at that. But a big part of me some dark part seemed delighted. I'd marked him as mine. For all the world to see. Her belonged to me. And everyone would know it.

As much to break my brooding silence as anything else I turned to him and kissed him again. A more chaste one this time and whispered to him. "We will have to do this again. Though next time let's find somewhere with a bed." what had been intended as a joke a light hearted comment came out much harsher than I'd intended and sounded more like a command and an order. But that made sense right. He was mine. No one elses. Still isn't sex supposed to be relaxing so why did I feel like a dam about to burst. The room seemed to spin for just a moment. And Tims movement and actions took on a different light. Prey some buried part of my brain seemed to whisper. I needed to get out of this room get some fresh air.

I slipped out while he was still struggling with his shoes and headed for the nearest exit into the fresh air of the grounds. I needed that air. My head was starting to spin more and more and I stumbled through the hall.

[16:53] Ferrosol run away from Tim
[16:54] Gato you go girl, don't let him drag you down
[16:54] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[16:54] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7+1 = 8
you cause a big scene

If I didn't get some air soon I was going to pass out...

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Hot 3 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm: 1/4 | EXP: 1 0/5 | Conditions: Clenched, Oblivious

It was great. Could of done with less rakes on my back though. Probably didn't pierce the skin. Not the first time a girl tried to write her name in my back.

I glance up at the clock, worried about the time. "We should g-" Emma cuts me off.

"Yeah we better get moving before someone interrupts us."

Weird, I was about to say that. We turn and dress ourselves. She kisses me as I finish dressing.

"We will have to do this again. . ." She whispered intensely.

I didn't know what to say, so I just said, "Okay."

She rushes out the door as I get my shoes on with a worried look on her face, knocking over a few things. She really doesn't want to be late. I should get out of here too, just have to throw the mess back in the right places. Sigh. I take a few minutes to fix everything and lock the door behind me.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Alex: You get a few odd looks as you leave the hall – you might know that Geoff’s in good hands, but they don’t, and it looks a little like you’re leaving him in the lurch.

You get the condition Callous.

You lean against a wall around the back of the building. Maybe it’s the stress, but it doesn’t take as long before you find yourself standing on your lawn again, watching Teresa charge at each of the other Peers in turn from her position of safety on Geoff’s back. The familiar old gentleman is still holding your hand, but his manner isn’t quite as friendly this time.
“Isn’t it about time you joined in, Alex? It’s not very sporting, just standing and watching.”

When you look back, Geoff’s lying sprawled on the ground, and Teresa is glaring angrily. She suddenly looks rather exposed. Brittany is stifling giggles, the twins are smirking and Richard simply looks on impassively. One of them must have pushed him over, but who?

“You see, Alex, it’s all very well being clever, but it does rather rub people the wrong way…”

Take 1 forward to your next confrontation with your Peers.

Sorne: Geoff doesn’t respond, but you think his breathing calms down just a little as he hears your words. As Dr Metcalfe clears students out of the dining hall, she lets you stay.
You’re so focused on Geoff you don’t notice Lizzie rushing up to you until she’s right there. She pulls something that looks like a pen out of her bag, pulls down Geoff’s trousers and jams it against his thigh. She fumbles in her bag for a second, then pulls out a bottle of Lucozade. “Make sure he drinks this.” She stands up and starts talking animatedly with Mark and a confused-looking Dr Metcalfe. It feels like an eternity passes with you sitting there, giving the barely-conscious Geoff sips from the bottle, but eventually a pair of paramedics rush in and spirit him away.

Alexandra: You get most of the story from Mark and Lizzie over the course of the afternoon. Unfortunately, the staff had cleared people out of the room by the time Mark managed to explain the situation to Dr Metcalfe. And while Dr Metcalfe might not be a medical doctor, she knew enough biology to realise that what Lizzie did with the insulin was incredibly dangerous. The suggestion of a possible poisoning did nothing to reassure her. So perhaps it’s no surprise that there’s a terse email sitting on your phone telling you that Mr Ruhlman will see you after school.

You gain the condition Under Suspicion.

New scene with prompts in the next post.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

SCENE 3
This will be the last scene of the session. Also, I should clarify at this point that the teachers are using a custom Move:

quote:

The Powers That Be: If a teacher takes a string on a student, that string may be spent on that student by any other teacher. Students may hold and spend strings on individual teachers as normal.

Everyone: Another three lessons, and you’re done for the day. It’s about a quarter past 4, and you and your housemates (minus two) have congregated on the lawn outside Ramillies house, soaking in an unexpected burst of glorious September sunshine. It’s tea time, and in an equally unexpected burst of generosity, the house Matron has laid out a spread of simple sandwiches and impossibly sugary flapjacks. And tea, of course. Some of you have got places to be after school, but you’ve got a little time before any pressing commitments.

Alexandra, you’re expected at Mr Ruhlman’s office ‘after school’. He’s left the time vague, which is something he apparently does. You can see Lizzie talking to Mark off to one side – you think you see her glance at you, but you can’t be certain.

Fiona, you’re also awaiting Mr Ruhlman’s pleasure. Before 17:00 as the email icily reminded you this time. You don’t think you and Ash attracted any undue attention at lunch time, but you can’t be sure. Someone is giving you an odd look, though - who?

Tim and Ash, you’ve just got back from a tiring session in the drama building. Remind me what it is you’re rehearsing right now? The rehearsal will continue into the evening, but the Director (as the Drama teacher insists on being called) made it clear he wouldn’t object too much if people didn’t turn up. As a reward for your hard work, apparently.

Tim you haven’t seen Emma all afternoon, and she isn’t here now… are you worried? Jen tried to get physical again during Drama, and this time things got a little bit more complicated… what happened?

Ash what’s your take on what happened in Drama? What did you say to Jen afterwards?

Alex, you’re free for the evening – might be your chance to catch up with Sorne. What’s the last thing you remember Richard saying, and why did it trouble you? As you arrive, you see the tail end of a tense conversation between Lise and Teresa - Lise standing stock still, twitching (?), while Teresa walks away with a flick of her hair, smile never wavering. Lise catches your eye, and you can see inner conflict written on her face, that and exhaustion – she looks like she hasn’t slept in days. She makes a brief movement in your direction, then stops herself short and walks off toward the school.

Sorne, how are you feeling after this lunch break? What do you most want to ask Alex? You're also free this evening, but don’t forget, you’ve got a date of sorts. Cedric is talking to Matron, a sour-faced, heavyset woman in her 50s – he catches your eye, and gives you a friendly smile and a nod, but doesn’t break off his conversation.

Everyone: how was your afternoon? It’s a beautiful day, the light will hold for hours, and you don’t have to be back inside until 7. What do you do?

--

Emma: You didn’t make it to classes this afternoon. As you hurried from the drama building, you drew the attention of a number of Tim’s bemused fellow thespians, but that hardly matters now. Driven by some impossible instinct, you rushed into the woods – the real woods, not the carefully curated paths of the Grove, the woods which stretch to the very edge of the grounds…

Between then and now… it’s hard to say, isn’t it? Your memory isn’t unclear so much as minimal, as if your brain’s decided it wasn’t important. As you look around you, you see a ragged hole in a thicket… strips of bark torn off a tree… a scrap of cloth that might have been half a girl’s white blouse… is that blood? Whose? You start to move, but something is stopping you. As you look down at your hands (are they really yours? are they really hands?) you see a pair of flimsy handcuffs around your wrists, and a much sturdier coil of rope. A similar arrangement is binding your ankles. The sight fills you with an indescribable rage.

A voice draws your attention; your head snaps round with a speed beyond human reflexes. “That’s interesting. I was hoping you’d revert if you calmed down. That'll teach me to make assumptions. Pity, I’d love to know if I was right about tying you up before." The face and voice and manner are unmistakeable; your animal brain recognised her as a threat the moment you met even if your discarded superego did not. “What are you?” There's no hostility in the girl's voice, just unshakeable confidence. What do you do?

You are in your Darkest Self. I’ll let you describe your new form as much or as little as you’d like, as well as how much you remember of the transformation.

--

Poltergrift, you can step back into Lise's shoes whenever you want. Hit me up on IRC or PM and I'll let you know what Teresa said.

Check the NPC list for a reminder of who's in Ramillies.

Gato fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Sep 30, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Hot -1 | Cold +2 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1

So, I've got a few minutes before I have to talk to Mr. Ruhlman. Just enough to get some tea. I grab a couple of the sandwiches and hang out under a tree.

But every time I take a sip, I can see Sasha Waite out of the corner of my eye, just looking at me from near the sandwich platters. She's one of the jesus freaks if that cross is any indication, but she hasn't bothered me at all. Maybe she's realized that "Thou Shalt Be A Self-Righteous Pain in the Arse" was not, in fact, one of the Ten Commandments.

So what's her issue? I pretend not to notice and after heading towards the tables to drop off my plate, I ease over to where she's standing. "Hello?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 4/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions:

I had to get to the forest. I had to. Drawn by some nameless need I couldn't explain even if I wanted to. I remember staggering through the halls. The grounds into the woods. I remember collapsing to the floor amidst the leaves and the debris of the forest then nothing, blackness. The mercy of sweet release.

Emma enters darkest self

The Beast awoke. Too long it had slept looking waiting for a chance to be free again. It flexed it's sinewy arms and contemptuously ripped the feeble garments that bound it. With it's claws it removed the trousers that bound it's legs into place. It sniffed the air and gave out a long howl. Unanswered sadly. It's pack was gone. It was alone. No matter, it could still hunt, still feast. Flexing it's muscles enjoying the feeling of power it sniffed the air. Prey, glorious prey. It loped off in search of food. It was hungry.

How long it hunted even the beast could not say. But when it came out of it's frenzy it strained it's senses. A scrap of clothing here. The scent of blood at it's nostrils., a claw marked tree there. It had hunted well. Then a voice behind it. It's head filled with dreams of the hunt whipped round. It's eyes in the afternoon sun sought. It's ears strained to hear over the wind. It turned to leap to rend and maim. But it couldn't. It was bound held back unable to move. It roared in frustration and anger. Some part of it understood the man-things words. A voice it recognised from before.

[08:21] Ferrosol uncontainable Emma
[08:21] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[08:21] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+1 = 9
On a 7-9 the MC will offer you a hard bargain: agree if you want to escape.

No it would wait. It could wait. Patience. Let the enemy the binder, deliver herself into it's claws. The voice demanded answers. The beast searched for words and through a clumsy tongue spoke. "I am hunter. My woods. My prey. Free me and live. Stay and die." it growled. Yes come into it's claws... the beast hoped/thought. Let it rend you hurt you for binding it once more.

[09:08] Ferrosol manipulating captor
[09:08] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[09:08] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7+2 = 9

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 30, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Fiona: Sasha looks at you with a mixture of surprise, relief and trepidation, somehow. "Oh! Hi, Fiona. I was meant to tell you, I just had History, Mr Ruhlman wanted me to give you a message, he said I should remind you to come to his office after school, you and Alexandra... oh!" She looks genuinely shocked. "I... probably shouldn't have said that last part. About Alexandra. Never mind. Um..." She looks away nervously, clearly desperate to get out of the conversation. A nice Christian girl, and she's probably heard all sorts of stories about you... what do you do?

Emma: The girl flinches at your words, a tiny twitch that would be imperceptible to a human. She looks as calm as before, leaning against a tree, and her voice is still clear and confident. "I'm not sure you're in any position to be threatening me, kidnap girl." But she's watching you a little more warily now. She's holding something in her hand, a squat yellow box shaped vaguely like a gun. As it catches your eye, your brain loads the appropriate memories. You remember two prongs in your chest, unimaginable pain, every muscle in your body in spasm... but even so, she still had to shoot you twice to subdue you completely, and she'd had the element of surprise...

You look down at your hands again, shifting them against the bonds. The handcuffs mean nothing, cheap novelty pieces not intended for serious resistance. The ropes are tied with knots that look formidable at first glance but were probably tied in a hurry. And your muscles were spasming when you were tied; now that you're a little more relaxed, you've got some slack... what do you do?

So. You can break free of the ropes at any time, but it'll hurt, and you'll have to contend with the girl and her Taser. On the other hand, if you submit to the girl convincingly enough, she'll probably tell you what she's up to, and maybe lower her guard.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 4+1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Callous

I stay on the sidelines at Ramilles House's lawn, as I prefer to - where I can observe, and speak without being overheard... Except I can't do that anymore, can I?

It's true... I can't just stay on the sidelines, not anymore. I tried to do that, just wait things out and amass allies, and it led to Lise being compromised. I need to act, soon. I... can't just kill one of my Peers; even if we all know that's how this dispute ends, and even if we can talk about such things, I'm very certain it will be harder to do, physically and mentally, than I can even imagine. But I have to do something.

Richard said it best, the last time we talked. 'Death's nothing more than being still. What's the difference to you, if all you do when you're alive is nothing?' I still remember that, those words seared into my mind. How could I not? All these... petty rebellions I do, are they just me trying desperately to not be still? I don't know how much any of them even mean to me, beyond that. Setting up this date with Lise, did I ever really like her as a person, or was it just something to do, something interesting, something living?

I'm morbid, I know, but how can I help it? I... need to talk to someone who understands. Maybe Sorne isn't even enough - if I told her how I felt, would she even be supportive, or just angry? While she's preoccupied, and I can put that off, I dial a number - that of Brittany Ponsonby, the other soft, gentle member of my Peers. This one last time, I'm far away enough from the others I won't be overheard. When she picks up, I speak quickly, urgently. "Britanny, we need to talk. Teresa's out of control, and things are going to keep escalating. We need... to be partners on this, and figure out how to deal with her, or she'll go after you as soon as she's done with Geoff." There - an implicit threat - she's soft, she's weak, Teresa will target her next - and I'm sure she loves that Alexander Winters is coming to her for help...

[10:52am] Nown: Manipulating Britanny
[10:52am] Nown: !r 2d6-1
[10:52am] Krysmbot: Nown, 4-1 = 3
Marking XP, that's an Advance! Going to take the Werewolf move Primal Dominance

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 30, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

XP: 3/5 Harm: 0/5 Conditions: Busybody, under suspicion
Locations: Lawn

So, yes. It is not entirely unexpected that I'm getting called in. I can't exactly say I made a rigorous diagnosis here, and injecting insulin in someone based on an assumption, well, if I'm wrong, I could be in some amount of trouble. But I'm sure of my case. Yes, other people in this school it would really be problematic but I'm more intelligent than the other students, and more intelligent than many doctors. So no regrets. Regardless, I'm soon going there, but first I want to talk to Some. She was near Geoff when he collapsed apparently, and she might tell me more. If only so I have a better position when I go talk with Mr. Ruhlman.

I make my way over to her. "Some, do you have a minute? I was wondering about what happened to Geoff earlier today."

edit: Did bolding

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 1, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Hot -1 | Cold +3 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Selfish, Predator

Would you look at her - she's frightened of me!

"Never mind what? If you tell me, I can just go get her and bring us both there, and you can go do... whatever it is you do. I've no idea."

Besides, I'd never pass up an opportunity to needle Alexandra about needing to see Mr. Ruhlman. What could she have possibly done?

13:17 jolinaxas Manipulating Sasha
13:17 jolinaxas !r 2d6-1
13:17 Krysmbot jolinaxas, 5-1 = 4
Leveled. Taking +1 Cold.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 2, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Well, this has been an exciting afternoon to say the least. I felt a little dizzy early on, but once Drama came around, things had settled down. We're working on the director's personal adaptation of Alice in Wonderland without so much Alice. It's been fun for me at least, as Faerie and Wonderland are pretty similar places. Director thinks I'm a bloody genius, though, so I'm basically getting pick of all sorts of things. Get to mess with set design, costume design and he even gave me his version of the Cheshire Cat. Which means I get to basically be myself but with purple stage makeup. Don't have full control of everything, but that's the way I like it. Then, if anyone doesn't like it, I can point fingers at everyone else.

Still, don't want to leave them completely for the evening, but need to do a few things. First, need to make sure Jen's not looking to tank the show, because that would be depressing. I don't care if she's making Timmy feel uncomfortable, but there's another few acts that are happening and this is really cutting into rehearsing that. Before she gets out the door, I put myself between her and the door. "..Jen, mind a little chat outside? It's about whatever you have with Tim. He's.. dating that Emma girl, the crazy one who likes to punch people?" For what seems to at least be legitimate reasons for now. I gesture towards the door, smirking to her and the sad force of warning about trouble.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Darkest Self

Marking xp for last turns hot and last turns volatile roll and taking primal dominance.

The chains could not bind it. And the lightning weapon would merely slow it and hurt it. Not stop it the beast knew on some instinctual level. Perhaps it could feign weakness and lure it's captor close enough to strike......

[22:33] Ferrosol hold steady vs capture
[22:33] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[22:33] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7-1 = 6

No that was the cowards way.It was strong powerful. It needed no tricks. It split the bonds in twain and struck with claw and teeth. Taking the full brunt of the lightning and charging through it to the foe the beast leapt....

[22:36] Ferrosol kill puny human
[22:36] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[22:36] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+1 = 9
you harm them they inflict one harm on you.

and clawed and bit at it's prey knocking her to the ground. it spat contemptuously shedding the last of the bindings. It could be contained it could not be held. It was in it's element. Victorious red in tooth and claw.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Sep 30, 2015

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Harm: 1/4 | EXP: 1 0/5 | Conditions: Clenched, Oblivious

The romance play got nixed because our Director, Prof. Ryan Walker, decided that he should use us to promote his own take on Alice in Wonderland. Guess who get's to be Alice? If you said me, would you like to do it? Ash was pestering me to wear Alice's dress. I'm sure he's having fun being the Cheshire Cat. Being annoying and cryptic is his forte. Still, I can help but smile when he prances (literally prances) across the stage. He gets a little hands-y but a slight whack to the back of the head solves that. Stupid Cat.

Jen was annoying today. The White Rabbit introduces herself by bumping into Alphonse. (I'm pleading for this name.) Jen decided to knock both of us into the ground. Our Hatter, Michel Hunt, decided that it was my idea and got pissy. Which is weird because I figured he was gay. I'm starting to think I should swap over to a sport class or something. I need a break and it looks like Ash is leaving early. I can hang out with him. "You taking off? Wanna hang out?"

I'm worried about Emma. I asked a few teachers in passing and none of them have seen her. She isn't the type to skip class; not even when I begged her. I don't know what to do though. She looked like she was sick back at lunch, so she probably went to her room or something. I'll text asking if she's okay now and go to her room later.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 3, 2015

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 2/5 | Conditions: Overbearing, Drained

Well I certainly did not expect the Matron to be this charitable! Still I can't complain since it is quite nice. The sun is exceptionally radiant and the food is positively divine. As I finish off yet another sandwich I catch Cedric's gaze I return his smile and nod, thoughts briefly drifting to our upcoming rendezvous. I cannot deny that he's attractive -- though perhaps not as much as Alex if I'm to be honest. I don't know if he has any, err, intimate intentions or motives in mind but I'm willing to entertain his company if things remain fairly platonic.

Speaking of Alex -- I spot him nearby, engaged in conversation with... hmm, what was her name? I can't for the life of me remember! Either way I decide to edge over to where they are, trying to perhaps extend an ear to hear what they are conversing about. A bit rude I know, but I can't help my curious nature now can I?

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Alex: “Teresa?” Brittany sounds puzzled, and a little annoyed. “You think it was…“ There’s a long silence on the line. “This isn’t a team game, Alex. Teresa tried that, and look how that worked out for her. And you’ve got some nerve… partners? It was that new girl you’ve been hanging out with who was with Geoff at lunch, isn’t she a good enough partner? I saw you walk away at lunch… couldn’t look her in the eye?” Her voice is getting louder and louder. “Don’t act like you’re any better than Teresa or the twins… God, you all deserve each other.” An angry sigh, then the call drops.

That didn’t go too well. Is that normally how your conversations go? If you’re really not prepared to kill your Peers, what do you have in mind? As you look at your silent phone, you notice a new text.

Number withheld posted:

Apologies for earlier. Need to know what happened between my sister and Teresa. Can you help? Lise
What do you do?

Fiona: Sasha shrinks away nervously. “Really, it’s nothing, he didn’t tell me anything, he just looked really angry… sorry!” The final word comes out as a squeak. She blushes and hurries away before you can interrogate her any more. Looks like you’ll have to get it straight from the horse’s mouth.

Sorne: Alex is on the phone – he’s speaking in an urgent, hushed tone and you can’t make very much of it out. On the other hand, it looks like Alexandra wants to talk to you about Geoff. What do you do?

Ash: Jen grins when you mention Emma; you can't help feeling like you've walked into some kind of trap. "Yeah, she punched you this morning, didn't she? Didn't think you'd be a fan. I know she's, like, traumatised or whatever, but seriously... how long do you think Tim'll last?" She smiles at you innocently. "You can't tell me you haven't been thinking about it too... you're the one pushing this whole Alice in Sex-land thing. Not my fault if we get into character too much, is it?" How ever your arrangement works in practice, she's clearly not taking it too seriously right now... are you planning to remind her?

She waves at Tim as he approaches. "Hey Tim! Yeah, I reckon we've done enough hard work for the day. What's the plan?" What do (both) you do?

Emma: You rip the restraints apart with a roar, skin tearing, muscles screaming… but it’s worth it for the sheer terror in the girl’s eyes. She raises the Taser as you charge but her shot goes wide into your shoulder. You stagger and trip as the charge passes through your body but your momentum carries you straight into your foe.

You take two harm and the condition Uncomfortably Numb.

“Alan!” The girl screams the name, but there’s no response. The woods are silent. She’s managed to scramble away from the fury of your claws and teeth, dropping the Taser on the ground. Your limbs feel heavy, achey and useless, but you’ve still got plenty of strength in your body. “That bastard… that… bastard…” Your foe is at your mercy. She looks up at you, covered in dirt and blood, defiance and terror fighting for control. “You… loving monster… I’ve got… video of you now… the school, the police, your stupid loving boyfriend… I’ll show them all… if you don’t back off…” It wouldn’t be difficult for you to kill her, in this state… what do you do?

Everyone, if you're starting a conversation with someone new, it really helps if you put their name in bold so that they know to respond to you.

Gato fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 1, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Selfish, Predator

Really angry? I don't see why he'd be angry at me. Oh, this is going to be brilliant.

I head over to where Alexandra is. Apparently she's busy being ignored by Sorne. Good on Sorne. I knew I picked the right one to stand up for.

"Oh, Alex, you probably shouldn't get too involved in conversation. We've both got to go to Ruhlman's office soon, after all."

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 2, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I quickly sneak in a few words before Tim shows up, trying to keep things quiet with Jen. "Not a fan, just don't want you to lose your spot because of a few black eyes."

I turn towards Tim, which most likely reveals Jen and that's unfortunate. I did want to have a private chat with both of them by themselves, but sod it, it's not like Jen's going to take me serious without making it very obvious that I can make her day terrible. And I don't think that'd be very attractive. "Timmy, how is our Alice?" I give them a few seconds to think that over, maybe even respond, before continuing. "We do need to all talk, you're right. Jen, it's not funny anymore. And that's me saying it, so you know how not funny it is. I don't care about much fun it is to make Tim blush. Even Hunt's getting a little weird."

He could be jealous too. Who knows with all this. "I just want our Alice to be able to do his job out there. You're supposed to make him uncomfortable, not assaulted."

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Harm: 1/4 | EXP: 1 1/5 | Conditions: Clenched, Oblivious

I just want to get out of here and of-course here's Jen to destroy another moment of my time. Wait. What is this? Ash is actually defending me? That's really kind of him. I don't know what to say to about it other that I didn't expect it. This is weird.

Maybe, since we're vocalizing our feelings I should tell Jen how I feel about her. "Look Jen. I'm not single. And even if I was, I'm not into you. I will never be into you. Please stop. You're stressing me out." No more hints, no more sass. I don't want to hurt her feelings but I have to take mine into account as well. If she doesn't get it after that, I don't what to do. "I need fresh air," I tap Ash as I head out the door. "If you want to talk, I'll be out front for a few minutes." I walk to a bench out front and glance at my phone, still no return text from Emma. I text her again asking where she is and if she's okay.

[12:02] BClip Roll to emotionally hurt Jen
[12:03] BClip !r 2d6-1
[12:03] Krysmbot BClip, 6-1 = 5
XP for cold.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 3, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 1/4 | Exp 3/5 | Conditions: Inbred, Drunk

"Yeah, I'll be right there." I wait for Timmy to leave, before narrowing my eyes at Jen. "Look, I know what you're trying to do. And the main thing I care about between you, him and this play is the latter, then him, then you. And the Hatter showing up like she was just in a car accident isn't something we can work with. So, you promise me you'll stop making him about to quit, which is what you're doing, and I'll promise you the next lead. And I'll make it so you have your hands on whoever you want at that time. We'll keep it simple, you know how I like things." I smirk at her, really not wanting to deal with whatever this is that's gotten into her.

[07:44.08] <thelazyblank> Manipulate Jen
[07:44.13] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+2
[07:44.13] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 7+2 = 9
XP get for Hot highlight.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 0/5 Harm: 2/4 Conditions: Uncomfortably Numb Darkest Self

The pain is exquisite as the lightning crackles down the beast's spine. But it is of no matter the beast knocks it's opponent bruised and battered to the ground. It is still numb but it can stand and fight. The words of the prey below it mean nothing to it. Pathetic threats all of them. If the prey had the ability to back up it's threats it would not be prey. The beast ignores the pathetic mewlings and strikes. A sickening crack of bone and blood and the pathetic yapping is silenced forever. The beast roars in triumph as somewhere in the distance a moblie phone rings unaswered and ignored. The beast pauses for a moment sniffing the air, Searching for a specific scent.

The one who hurt it. He who smells of Forest. Somewhere he is nearby. Someone the beast can hunt revenge itself upon it. It sniffs the air searching for the illusive scent of it's prey. Once it finds it the hunt will begin....

[11:30] Ferrosol where is Ash? Gaze
[11:30] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[11:30] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7-1 = 6
spending a string on Ash to boost that up to 7 confusing and alarming visions please

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Hmm. What could he be going on about? Well I can't exactly hear him without being overly obvious now can I? I sigh, relaxing a bit. We'll certainly talk about things soon. I should just chill out and-

"Oh?" I turn to Alexandra and smile placidly. "Hey there. Umm... I think it may have been diabetes related? I'm just glad he's alright now. That was pretty frightening..." I shudder a bit internally, thinking of what could have been. Also I'm not sure why Alexandra has come over to ask about Geoff in the first place. Maybe they're more than just passing acquaintances? "How are you by the way? I trust everything is going fine with lessons and such?"

Fiona comes up just then and I give her the same smile. "Ah! Fiona! Enjoying Matron's rare show of charitable festivity?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

XP: 4/5 Harm: 0/5 Conditions: Busybody, under suspicion
Locations: Lawn[/quote]

So she doesn't know anything, it seems. Or at least pretends not to know.

"Consider worrying about healt ha family tradition. I am striving to be a doctor after all. Hm, doesn't particularly sound like Diabetes.At the very least not type 2. That would be very rare for a sportsman. It could be type 1, but the symptoms seem to be odd for that. Did he mention any particular health issues to you?"

I smile politely as she changes the subject. "Oh, they're going pretty well. But you know how it is. Never settle for good when great is within reach. I hope you'll come to the study sessions a few times. From what I've heard, 'good' is definitely not the highest you can aspire to. And someone who has the strength of personality to drive others to aspire."

Turn on overbearing Sorne: 2d6+2 11 Take a string on Sorne

And then, of course, Fiona shows up. And what's more worrisome, Sorne actually seems to like her. "I remember, Canavan. I have nothing to be ashamed about. So what are you called for? Does it have anything to do with the girl left helpless and unconscious during the last 'good times' that were had? But I suppose I can't expect you to look after anyone else. The smart money is on you being barely conscious yourself at that point, is it?"
[i]
Shut Down selfish Fiona: 2d6+2 13 Give her the condition Drunk. Mark xp for cold

I sigh. "Regardless, she is correct. I should get going. I'm sure I'll talk to you later Sorne.."

I get ready to get to Mr. Ruhlman. Along with Fiona. I'm sure it'll be a wonderful and totally not awkward trip.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Callous

It takes a few seconds for what Britanny said to really hit me. It wasn't... Teresa's power that did that to Geoff, was it? He was poisoned - by someone else, and she thinks I'm accusing her, while she accuses Sorne, and thinks I was behind it to begin with. Hearing those accusations from her - well, they sting, quite honestly. If it was Teresa accusing me, I would hardly care, but Britanny thinks I'm already an attempted murderer, or the accomplice to one. I didn't even have a chance to explain.

I angrily stow my phone - I am not going to deal with Lise's problems through goddamned texts. If she wants something from me she can come request it in person. I take a deep breath. I can't even reconcile myself to the fact that I have to kill my Peers, but when I try to reach out for a truce, this is what I get? I don't deserve that. I look over and see a crowd's coalesced close to me, and... oh joy. Alexandra's there. I don't know what her deal is entirely, but I do know that people that join her 'study club' change entirely... and she's talking to Sorne. I rub at my eyes as I move in. It seems my friends are under threat from multiple angles, but I won't stand to the side and let this happen to Sorne too.

"Sorry to intrude," I say, not sorry at all. "But I think there's more important things to do this evening for all of us. Good luck with Ruhlman, you two." I smile at Fiona and Alexandra, and idly consider what good company they make for one another. "Sorne, think it's time we finally discussed that business, yes? Been a rather trying day, best to get it sorted before life decides to make any more irritable moves, yes?" I give Alexandra and Fiona a look of 'you can go now, thanks', as I say that.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Tim: Jen looks shocked at your words. You think you see tears in the corner of her eyes. "Tim, I... I'm not... I didn't mean to hurt you..." Perhaps it's just as well you've got your phone to give you an excuse to step away. Still no reply from Emma - what do you think she's doing?

Jen takes a string on you.

When Ash and Jen join you outside, she looks a little bit more cheerful. And it might be your imagination, but she seems to have pulled her top down a bit - she's definitely showing off a little more cleavage. "Right. Sorry about that, Tim," she says. "What's the plan? We're still skipping this rehearsal?" What do you do?

Ash: Jen looks genuinely upset as Tim steps away from the two of you, but your words bring a small smile back to her face. "A promise from Ash Spearing? That's a big deal, isn't it?" She mulls it over for a few seconds. "Anyone I want, hmm? Maybe that's what I need..." She steps a little closer to you and walks her fingers up your chest. "Well, that is tempting... and the lead in the next play? Who'd have thought you'd be so worried about this?" She smiles innocently. "Of course, if Tim were to change his mind, or something were to happen between him and Emma, it'd be unfair to keep me away, wouldn't it? But I can back off for now."

She'll take the deal and leave Tim alone for now if you accept that she's still going to carry a torch for him... unless you do find her someone else.

You find Tim outside, and it doesn't look like he's had much luck contacting Emma. What do you suggest doing to cheer everyone up? Jen seems intent on tagging along - do you mind? What do you do?

Alexandra: What do you think of Alex's tone? Regardless, it is indeed a very awkward walk inside and up to Mr Ruhlman's office. Do you continue to remonstrate with Fiona or try a gentler approach? Once you arrive, he waves you into his room, leaving Fiona outside. He sits down behind a solid desk of carved wood and gestures you to a seat opposite him - do you take it?

"Alexandra. I'm sure you know why you're here. I'm obviously very concerned about Geoffrey - the hospital tells me he's in a serious but stable condition." He looks you in the eye, his expression difficult to read. "I'm not a doctor, but I'm reliably informed that what you told Elizabeth to do could have caused Geoffrey serious harm. It might even be responsible for his current condition. We'll talk about Miss Parker in a moment but..." He sighs. Have you ever been in trouble with him before? "I'd like to believe you acted with the best of intentions, but such reckless behaviour, and this story about poisoning... I'd like to hear what you have to say for yourself." What do you tell him?

Fiona: How do you respond to Alexandra's criticism as you return inside the house for the meeting? What about Alex's intrusion just now? Once you reach his office, Mr Ruhlman points you firmly to a chair outside while he brings Alexandra in. What do you think is going on? What's the worst trouble you've ever been in at Finisterre? You can hear snippets of conversation through the door - if you listened at the keyhole, you'd probably be able to hear more. What do you do?

Roll Cold if you want to eavesdrop. On a 10+, you hear everything. On a 7-9, I'll let you know what you hear.

Alex: You watch as Fiona and Alexandra leave, then as Cedric wanders over and away again. What do you think that's about? You've finally got Sorne to yourself, it seems, but whatever you're about to say dies in your throat at the sensation of a hand on your shoulder, and a familiar voice in your ear.

- It seems congratulations are in order, Alexander; the first portion of your inheritance has fallen to you. There will be a formal ceremony later, of course, but for now... enjoy your Birthright. I trust more will follow. -

The sensation passes, but you feel like an old skill is being reawakened, like your fingers settling into place on the cello for a song you haven't played in years... do you realise what this means? What do you do?

You get the Birthright Pull the Strings. Please use responsibly!

Sorne: As Alexandra and Fiona leave, someone gives you a gentle tap on the shoulder - it's Cedric. He withdraws his hand a little too fast, but his smile is perfectly friendly. "Come find me in the study room whenever you're ready." Are you looking forward to... whatever this is? That's a good question, actually - what does this mean to you? He leaves you with Alex, who looks like he's just seen a ghost. What do you do?

Emma: It's all over in a moment - where once the clearing was filled with the girl's whimpers and curses and pleas, it is now silent. Emma the girl would have been sickened by what just happened - is she still in there somewhere? Or is it only the beast?

You let the scents of the forest swirl and coalesce in your mind. There is a sharp watershed where the woods meet the human's cultivated grounds, but just beyond there, you catch the scent again, in that little patch of trees like a false forest. The scent is faint, and mixed with male sweat and musk, but it is unmistakeably the prey you seek... but that is not the only scent you detect there. There is another male, the one you bonded with earlier, the one you claimed for your own... what is he doing so close to the target of your vengeance? And there is one more, a female, and within her more familiar scent you can make out both fear and desire. The three scents are entangled together, almost inseparable... what do you do?

Gato fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 4, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Selfish, Predator, Drunk

Outside:

"Hello, Sorne! The sandwiches are a bit light, but you take what you can get. There's been no more trouble, I hope?"

quote:

I remember, Canavan. I have nothing to be ashamed about. So what are you called for?

"You know - you can actually ask Sorne about it, if you're really curious. Later, of course. Alex's carefully arranged plans indicate that we should be loving off, it seems."

Hands in my jacket pockets, I start to casually stroll into the building towards the office.

Ruhlman's Office:

Oh, she's going in first. Clearly whatever she did and the discussion thereof is urgent.

"Have a good time..."

I'm still trying to puzzle out what she might have done - maybe she's answering for one of her little hangers-on; Mark, for example, just has that "they'll find me in the girl's changing rooms with a pair of gym shorts up my nose and a smile on my face" look to him, don't you think?. I haven't been this on edge in a teacher's office since that incident last year. Turns out that as long as you're paying full price, they're willing to overlook a trespassing. That I wasn't technically in the Music building when they found me helped, I think.

Oh, I can't stand the suspense.

[13:15] Jolinaxas !r 2d6+3
[13:15] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 4+3 = 7
Marking XP, and eavesdropping semi-successfully.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 4, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

XP: 4/5 Harm: 0/5 Conditions: Busybody, under suspicion
Locations: Lawn -> office

All right, this is becoming worrisome. I know Alexander has been refusing to come to any more study group meetings, and has been avoiding me. I assumed it was because of some of the more aristocratic parties in the school dislike me, but Alexander seems to actually care even about non aristocratic members. Does he know something? Or perhaps he has romantic intentions on Sorne and, well, he's heard these rumors going around? I would probably make an issue, except I already said I was going to Mr. Ruhlman, so it would seem rather contrary. So I just raise an eyebrow at Sorne and smile.

As to the walk back, I don't really engage in conversation at all. Perhaps you think it selfish that I don't try to reach out to Fiona. To try to improve her? I can only help those who want to help themselves. Many, most people want to better themselves, but they're easily distracted, easily discouraged, lack the correct habits or just haven't gotten things explained to them the right way. All these are things I try to help with, regardless of whether I'd ever consider them for implantation. But Fiona, I have not seen her display any ambition besides 'having fun'. It's the old saying, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Except drinking is the only thing she is doing I guess. So if I put her down, that is not for her education, that is to prevent others from looking at her as 'something normal'. I want her to have a reputation as an irresponsible lush, fun to watch perhaps, in a morbid way, but definitely not something to imitate. If there's noone to watch, there's little point, except perhaps if I had enough of a hold to simply browbeat her into dropping out or just being quiet, and I don't. So I'm just quiet.

Have I been in trouble before? Only on superficial issues. For example, some of the school staff take exemption at my policy of encouraging contraceptives (along with the 'don't drink, don't do drugs' campaigns I do), out of foolish, regressive notions that if we don't have condoms, we will not have sex. There were tense moments there, but I had the advantage I knew I had my father supporting me and the school tries to portray itself as somewhat modern. In the end, as long as we give a little pro-forma warning about considering abstention, we can hand out condoms. But except for that, I'm a model student. Not only do I rarely cause trouble, I go around to try and prevent it. I even got to talk to a few parents of prospective students last year, explaining them how responsible this school is.

Anyway, as I'm let in, I smile and nod gratefully as I'm being told to sit down. Appearances can be everything. The best way not to be found guilty is not to act guilty. So I act like I'm here to talk about a serious matter. "Thank you for telling me, Mr. Ruhlman. I was very concerned about him, and it's good to know he's stable. Obviously, I take full responsibility for what Elizabeth did. I will say that I absolutely stand by my decision. I was in the Chemistry Lab for unrelated reasons, and noticed that a dangerous amount of KCI was missing. Considering it's one of the more dangerous chemicals, being both lethal and something with a taste that can be hidden in a drink, I was immediately concerned. At that point I was informed that Geoffrey had collapsed. At lunch, where people are eating. At that point, I had two choices. Either I assumed he'd been poisoned, and delivered what I know to be an emergency treatment, or I assume it was unrelated, and did nothing and hoped for the best from the medical personnel."

"I can tell you, Mr. Ruhlman , and I'm sure you'll find medical staff confirming this, that if I was right, and he was poisoned with KCI, the chances of Geoffrey surviving long enough to be treated were... very slim, and the chances of him surviving without permanent injuries slimmer. Accute hyperkalemia can very much cause a cardiac arrest. It kills quickly. Now, of course there is the possibility that I was wrong, in which case, a shot of insulin would not help. It is most certainly not harmless, even if I took care to counter any risks by having him be fed sugary food. But the chances that he would die or suffer permanent injury from this action would be a lot less than he would suffer from my inaction if my assumption was correct. One of the values this school tries to learn us is determination and courage. And that sometimes means taking a risk for the sake of others and for the sake of the school."

"As to the poisoning attempt. Well, obviously I consider it a very strong possibility that Geoffrey was poisoned with KCI. If so, that is not something that ends up in the food 'by accident', and it's not something that gives 'a rush' so I don't consider it likely he put it in there himself. And that, then, is a matter of concern for everyone in this school. I had my friends warn the closest authority of the school. Otherwise, of course, I'm keeping my mouth shut about it. The reputation of this school is as much a boon for you as it will be for me, and I have no desire to see it dragged through the mud to have some policemen come in and likely not do much at all. However, I cannot simply ignore it. If you were to give me some access, I could do my utmost to discreetly inquire about these matters. And then I would inform you of course, and trust that the faculty would act in the interest of the school and its students."

Manipulate Mr Ruhlman: 2d6+1 5 Sad trombone sound

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 6, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 0/5 Harm: 2/4 Conditions: Uncomfortably Numb Darkest Self

The beast does not even spare a backward glance at the corpse it leaves in it's wake. Despite that it feels a moment of hesitation. Of regret almost. It shouldn't have killed her shouldn't have hurt her...

No it is a predator and it has no time for pity or weakness. Not while there is still prey to hunt. He who smells of Forest is wise and does not travel alone. And his companions are interesting one smells of frustrated lust and desire and the other almost stops the creature in it's tracks. The smell of it's Mate.

It has a Mate? It does not recall one and yet and yet it smells so familiar so enticing.. No it must still hunt and if the Mate is with it's prey then so be it. The hunt continues nevertheless. Even though it feels almost uneasy at the thought of harming it's mate. It prowls through the real woods and then crosses the open space of the field at speed trusting to that instead of stealth. It sneaks through the forest

[00:31] Ferrosol tactical werewolf espionage
[00:31] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[00:31] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4-1 = 3
[00:31] Ferrosol or not
worst sneaky wolf ever

Only to find it unusually dry and stepping on several dry twigs that crack with an audible crunch . Still no matter if the prey is warned then the hunt will only be all the more sweet as he tries to run. The beast very much hopes it will try to run. Finally it approaches the gathering and sniffs the air marking its prey before leaping for it....

[00:34] Ferrosol obviously not
[00:34] Ferrosol hitting Ash (again)
[00:35] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[00:35] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4+1 = 5
worst fighty wolf ever.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 1/4 | Exp 3/5 | Conditions: Inbred, Drunk

"I'm not your mum, as long as I don't get another complaint from Tim, I don't care. Fine. Just..fine.." I really would prefer doing anything right now, especially with everything on my plate, but still, Tim and Jen need someone watching who's handsing who and I can't believe I'm doing this. At least there's a sandwich or two and some tea. Not amazing but it's food and my lunch was a bit light with all the drinking and the shagging. So, I can enjoy that with the company of those two, even if Jen is playing games with her cleavage at the moment. "I've got things to do anyways today and tonight. Not sure if this is your thing but there's a party tomorrow night. Khalid's doing something, so if you bring Emma, try to convince her to dislike Khalid in a way that doesn't involve anyone going to hospital."

"Otherwise, I guess I just have to look for a decent Mexican place nearby, I do owe you some food." I pull out my mobile, and immediately text one of my less-human friends on the other side. Sure, it shouldn't work, but most things in Faerie shouldn't work either, so I'm not going to complain about it. Que sera sera and all that. "Check reception on your mobile? Maybe you found a blind spot?"

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 5, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Callous

Whatever I was about to say to Sorne dies on my lips. What...? What?

(5:01:51 PM) Nown|Phone: Holding Steady
(5:01:55 PM) Nown|Phone: !r 2d6
(5:01:55 PM) Krysmbot: Nown|Phone, 4 = 4
(5:02:02 PM) Nown|Phone: Excellent~

I go pale as a ghost, numb as my legs star wobbling underneath me. She's dead. Eleanor's dead, I can feel it, and I can feel... tingling at my fingertips, like there are strings attached, but she's dead, and even though I knew it had to come I didn't expect this all to go so fast! First Geoffrey was poisoned, now she's gone. We were never friends, she and Alan were always so bloody aloof from the rest of us, but even so...

I almost collapse onto Sorne, pathetic and weak as I am. As it is, I'm unsteady on my feet. "They've killed her," I murmur. No time for secrets, no time for codewords. "It's already begun... Oh god, I don't have a choice now, do I? No choice at all..." I give her a weak smile. "I'm sorry, Sorne, but I think we have greater problems than Cedric right now. Can you... help me to a room? Mine or yours, I just don't trust my legs with these damnable stairs at the moment. We need to talk where we won't be overheard, because... well, because this is beyond important."

Spending a string to offer XP for Sorne to help Alex. Will trigger Firstborn if Sorne helps me to get that string back :v:.

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

"Ah. I see." Becoming a Doctor is quite an ambitious endeavor. And it seems to suit Alexandra to be honest. "No, he mentioned nothing of the sort. I'm not too privy to his health issues." And why would I be? Geoff certainly has no obligation to fill me in on such matters. And though she has provided a reason for her questioning, Alexandra's interest is still quite perplexing...

Talk turns to the study group, of course. It is Alexandra's little "pet project" as I've come to call it. A lump suddenly forms in my throat as she insists I join them sometime. Again with this? But oddly enough coming from her it doesn't seem like such a bad idea? The snakes hiss but I can't seem to focus on them at the moment. "...Perhaps. I'll definitely keep your invitation in mind." I smile genuinely, though it does falter a bit when I hear how she chooses to address Fiona. "No... no more trouble." I reply to the other girl, eyes darting suspiciously between the two of them. Could be nothing more than a petty squabble between teenage girls. Goodness knows I've been guilty of being dragged into the middle of them on more than one occasion.

I spot Alexander approaching and turns to wave in greeting. I also can't help but smirk just a little at the way he shoos off Fiona and Alexandra, who will likely take their animosity elsewhere for the moment. "Yes, I-" The tap on my shoulder cuts me off and I turn to smile at Cedric with a nod. "Will do!" I watch him leave, biting my lip a little as I ponder the situation. I am looking forward to it, though, since Cedric happens to be a fairly intellectual bloke. I have to admit I do get giddy when it comes to sharing mutual interests with someone who is all too willing.

"So Alex, are you-" For the second time in the span of a minute I find myself cut off, though this time it brings a frown to my face. "Are you...?" No. He's not alright. I can't even force myself to finish that statement as my eyes widen. "Killed her...?" It takes but a moment to realize what he's referring to. "I understand. Come with me." I provide him with the support he needs as I start heading for his room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Alexandra: Mr Ruhlman looks a little lost by your explanation. "Well, your reasoning seems sound... I'm sure you didn't meant to hurt Geoffrey. Nobody is criticising your determination, or indeed Elizabeth's bravery in following your instructions... but there is sometimes a virtue in not acting, in recognising one's on degree of competence, and we do have medical staff on site..." He blinks heavily, as if his own droning voice is lulling him to sleep. "As for any... inquiry, I have already spoken to Dr Coleman." He means the Chemistry teacher whose classroom you ended up in at lunchtime. "He was unaware of any irregularity regarding the chemicals in his classroom." Mr Ruhlman holds up his hands defensively. "I am not doubting your account, but I am afraid it may be difficult to pursue this... lead, if that is what it is." He sighs, frowning. "I feel the most appropriate course of action would be for you to receive three afternoons' detention, starting tomorrow... if and when Geoffrey recovers, we can discuss investigating the incident with the relevant authorities, though I imagine everyone will want to put it behind them..." For the first time in the meeting, he looks distinctly unhappy. His eyes flicker to and from his computer, as if awaiting instructions...

At last, he stands up. "I am sorry if this seems unfair, Alexandra. I feel you should know, it is the intention of the, uh, school that future Study Group sessions are attended by a teacher. There are concerns as to whether you are encouraging sufficient independence in the attendees... I want you to know, I'm proud of what you have been doing, and we could stand to have more students like you." He waves beyond the door to where Fiona is presumably sitting. "If you could offer Miss Canavan some guidance, I would be very grateful."

The school faculty takes a string on you.

Well, that could have gone better. Do you fight your corner as Mr Ruhlman ushers you out, or stay silent? What do you think is going on here? As Fiona takes your place in the office, Mark waves you over at the other end of the corridor. He looks uncharacteristically awkward as you approach. "Hey, Alexandra. Everything ok? How did it go?" He shifts on his feet. "Um, listen, Lizzie and I wanted to know... Cedric too, probably, he hasn't said... um, what we've heard about you and Emma... is it true?" What do you do?

Fiona: You listen carefully at the door, but it's a little trickier to make out what's being said than you imagined - Alexandra's back is turned, and Mr Ruhlman's desk is at the far end of the room. You gather that your housemate Geoff is in hospital, and Mr Ruhlman thinks Alexandra, or possibly her friend Lizzie (?) is responsible. Alexandra's explanation of what happened is difficult to follow, but you gather she thinks - or rather claims - that Geoff was poisoned, presumably not by her. Mr Ruhlman drones on at the edge of hearing for a little, but you hear that Alexandra is going to be in detention for 3 days - a fairly hefty punishment in a school that prides itself on avoiding formal penalties for misbehaviour. As they stand up to leave, you duck back away from the door, but you definitely hear your surname mentioned. What's that about, then?

Mr Ruhlman's eyes are narrowed as he offers you the chair in front of his desk. Do you take it? "Fiona. I'll keep this short, since you've undoubtedly got better places to be. I know... we know there was some sort of party last night in the grounds." He wrinkles his nose. "We know that students were drinking, in direct violation of the school rules. One student ended up in the infirmary this morning as a result of what happened. We know that there are inappropriate pictures in circulation, and plans for further parties." He looks you straight in the eye. "I am very reliably informed that you were there. Firstly, I want to hear what you have to say for yourself. Secondly, I want to know who else was involved, and who is organising these... events." What do you do?

He spends the school's string on you to offer you experience if you own up to what happened and name names.

• Locked thread