Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

iSad

No App Could Ever Replace You

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
apple is to electronics what harley-davidson is to motorcycles and audi is to cars

idiot trap for people who want to pay more for less

thanks steve jorbs, you discovered how to polish turds in a trendy fashion

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

long live the great steb jorbs

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Puppet Master posted:

long live the great steb jorbs

would like to steal those ipads

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Drunkboxer posted:

would like to steal those ipads

First thing I thought of, too.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

First thing I thought of, too.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Or change the graphics to goatse

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Horniest Manticore posted:

cuz he's dead. if paul mccartney died first he'd be everyone's favorite beatle too

No, the jobs worship started well before he died.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Jobs was an idiot who basically killed himself for no reason

escalator incident
Oct 1, 2005

Sorry for the convenience.
Fun Shoe

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

Steve Jobs is a myth people created to have something to get angry about

corrected

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Jeff Bezos doesn't have the cult of personality, but I would go as far as to say his contributions through Amazon have had a greater cultural impact than any 'i' device.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Horniest Manticore posted:

cuz he's dead. if paul mccartney died first he'd be everyone's favorite beatle too

but he's already dead

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BossRighteous posted:

Jeff Bezos doesn't have the cult of personality, but I would go as far as to say his contributions through Amazon have had a greater cultural impact than any 'i' device.

Steve created sweatshop factories, Jeff created sweatshop union busting warehouses.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

this is cool af tho, just imagine it's someone you like instead of don't like

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Bowlcutbarricade posted:

No one actually worships Steve Jobs. It's a myth people created to have something to get angry about

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BossRighteous posted:

hes probably jsut as evil, but not flamboyantly evil like jobs was

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BossRighteous posted:

not likely.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Steven Jobs was an rear end in a top hat who made a lot of money and had the marketing sense to make it trendy and hip to own apple products, even though until the 2000's they were inferior products to many of their competitors.

They never stopped being inferior products to many of their competitors. If you consider price/performance they never stopped being inferior to ALL of their competitors.

vyst posted:

Bill Gates was literally a better human being in every way but people continue to jerk Steve Jobs off.

No one has ever been more damned with fainter praise than this.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
The fact that billions worship Steve Jobs and hardly anyone who wasn't some form of nerd prior to the mid-90s knows who Steve Wozniak is is sufficient reason to exterminate the human species.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

VideoTapir posted:

The fact that billions worship Steve Jobs and hardly anyone who wasn't some form of nerd prior to the mid-90s knows who Steve Wozniak is is sufficient reason to exterminate the human species.

Woz is a loser and no one likes a loser.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VideoTapir posted:

They never stopped being inferior products to many of their competitors. If you consider price/performance they never stopped being inferior to ALL of their competitors.

but Apple products make you more creative

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
It's heinous and unjust that people might not know the guy who effectively retired in the 80s and has no public persona to speak of.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Beef Turret posted:

It's heinous and unjust that people might not know the guy who effectively retired in the 80s and has no public persona to speak of.

half life came out in 1998

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Bip Roberts posted:

Woz is a loser and no one likes a loser.

Woz made a lot of money doing what he wanted to do, then hosed off to do other things he wanted to do. I call that winning.

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/hackers/steve-wozniak/

quote:

And when the dealing's done, when the Two Steves shuffle off the mortal coil and receive the accolades, writings, speeches and remembrances of an industry they helped create and the millions of people their work affected, one thing is for sure: they'll remember Jobs, but they'll cry for Woz.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 28, 2015

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

they already cried for jobs so

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

kinda looks like the soylent dude iyam

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Two many steves

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

nomadologique posted:

they already cried for jobs so

They cried for Kim Jong Il, too.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The thing about Woz is he is still alive. Jobs is done and hated. That hatred will only grow over time as the few good stories get drowned out by the immense load of poo poo his life was. Apple will eventually crumble because they make poo poo for lovely people. Woz is cool and good and does cool and good things for people. His time is not over.

No one hates Woz. That's already winning.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

The thing about Woz is he is still alive. Jobs is done and hated. That hatred will only grow over time as the few good stories get drowned out by the immense load of poo poo his life was. Apple will eventually crumble because they make poo poo for lovely people. Woz is cool and good and does cool and good things for people. His time is not over.

No one hates Woz. That's already winning.

Why will Apple fail when Asians are so obsessed with getting the next Iphone?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Assholes with a technology fetish worship another rear end in a top hat with a technology fetish.

:toot:

Surprise!

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Waltzing Along posted:

That hatred will only grow over time as the few good stories get drowned out by the immense load of poo poo his life was.

Nah.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
They'll name a city after Steve Jobs one day. Lol

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Waltzing Along posted:

Apple will eventually crumble because they make poo poo for lovely people.

There's no shortage of lovely people.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Waltzing Along posted:

obs is done and hated. That hatred will only grow over time as the few good stories get drowned out by the immense load of poo poo his life was.

lol hell no what are you smokin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

hope the trains are clean and white in Stevetopia

• Locked thread