Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Thanks thread for teaching me about Wi-Fi calling. Wtf. Why isn't that default?

I guess I had to put in my address in a form to use it in case I call 911? loving weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

bump

sent from my broken rear end Galaxy S5

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I just want a phone to work and not freeze during clash of clans

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm going to stick with my iPhone because as of 10/10/2016 it's still the best way to ensure I can ejaculate into a vagina and continue my gene line.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Nokia should bring back Maemo.
I really feel what the phone marketspace needs now is another also ran OS.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I am glad Google gave up on making reasonably priced Nexus phones and has instead used the exact same price points as the iPhone for their first attempt at making their own phone

I'm confused. I've had a Google Nexus and a now I have a Google Nexus 5X. Are they just pretending these didn't happen so they can call this new Nexus a different thing or what?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Khanstant posted:

I'm confused. I've had a Google Nexus and a now I have a Google Nexus 5X. Are they just pretending these didn't happen so they can call this new Nexus a different thing or what?

There's a weird correlation between pricing something to be a luxury item and people assuming it's a luxury item. A phone that is $200 is cheap, and would be considered cheap and a poor item.

Bryan
Jul 17, 2000
:downswords: videogame mode hurrvideogame world hurr superhuman cock in my ass playing videogames hurf durf world of videogames
bump! got my XL on the way!

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
eh, verizon is saying i can get an iphone 7 upgrade for free if i trade in my old 6s. works for me.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

I actually deal with mobile security and app development. Iphones are better straight up, better security, better hardware, actually gets patches and fixes for a well defined amount of time. Nexus is okay.

Thats what I have to say about phones, hope you enjoyed it

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

luv 2 date boys posted:

eh, verizon is saying i can get an iphone 7 upgrade for free if i trade in my old 6s. works for me.

You can play this thru your new wireless headphones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn8sy-7zVJo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mozi posted:

i've decided i'm not going to spend over 100 bucks on a phone anymore and all it needs to do is calls, texts, and a little web browsing. this >$600 poo poo is ridiculous if you don't care about it being a status symbol

more updates to come - stay tuned!

Get a Moto G or the chwap LG one

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I am glad Google gave up on making reasonably priced Nexus phones and has instead used the exact same price points as the iPhone for their first attempt at making their own phone

They're not making their own phone, they are still contracting out the design and manufacture. They're just not making an affordable phone

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Got my email for the VR Headset. They should be sending me a coupon soon. Exciting.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
my phone has a stylus I don't know how to photoshop good but I pretend it's an antenna while I'm having a fake loud conversation on the bus

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Samsung's Note 7 is the best phone, because it randomly explodes and the FAA has banned them from being used on airplanes.

I like my Nexus 6P, but I would probably also like this new Google phone.

nmagness
Sep 16, 2013

Bumping cause I ordered a blue one to satisfy my need to feel superior. I won't put a case on it and will drop it to the pavement within days of receiving it

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

nigga crab pollock posted:

the problem with verizon is you gotta to one of their stores to activate a device or change your service

I have done all of these things online through Verizon in the last month and haven't stepped foot in a Verizon store for 7-8 years and have probably activated 5 of my own phones and another 4-5 of my wife's plus activating older phones to use temporarily when some of the newer phones were sent in for warranty repair. Basically what I'm saying is that you're full of poo poo.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

nmagness posted:

Bumping cause I ordered a blue one to satisfy my need to feel superior. I won't put a case on it and will drop it to the pavement within days of receiving it

I got the two year protection plan instead of a case. I'm gonna toss the poo poo out of this phone.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Keg posted:

Samsung's Note 7 is the best phone, because it randomly explodes and the FAA has banned them from being used on airplanes.

I like my Nexus 6P, but I would probably also like this new Google phone.

apparently one of the new (replacement) note 7s caught fire on an airplane as well recently!

samsunged again!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mozi posted:

apparently one of the new (replacement) note 7s caught fire on an airplane as well recently!

samsunged again!

It's almost like if you're Samsung and release over 200 devices in a couple years, you're bound to forsake quality control so you can keep making GBS threads out new devices:

http://samsung.youmobile.org/

Notice how many <2 year old phones/tablets are still stuck on Lollipop

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

luv 2 date boys posted:

i upgrade mine 64 GB SE for a 128 GB iPhone 7 for only $50 with t-mobile pretty dope i'm using it now to post to you that we're superior to blandroid :hfive:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

we are the Funyuns posted:

I have done all of these things online through Verizon in the last month and haven't stepped foot in a Verizon store for 7-8 years and have probably activated 5 of my own phones and another 4-5 of my wife's plus activating older phones to use temporarily when some of the newer phones were sent in for warranty repair. Basically what I'm saying is that you're full of poo poo.

Counterpoint: Verizon sucks big donkey dick.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

EugeneJ posted:

It's almost like if you're Samsung and release over 200 devices in a couple years, you're bound to forsake quality control so you can keep making GBS threads out new devices:

http://samsung.youmobile.org/

Notice how many <2 year old phones/tablets are still stuck on Lollipop

Samsung are awful at support and their software is fuckawful too but I rooted my Samsung tablet and stuck vanilla MM on it and it's really good now.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

a bone to pick posted:

Counterpoint: Verizon sucks big donkey dick.

I won't argue with that, but where I live there's not much choice if you actually want to text, use data or make phone calls. Otherwise, AT&T, T-mobile and others are great.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
The new google phone doesn't have enough speakers on the front.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
:byodood: THE NEW GOOGLE PHONE DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH SPEAKERS ON THE FRONT

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I think any carrier is the worst carrier as long as you're on it, the truth is they're all awful in their own way but we need them.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Ive already got a Nexus 6p google phone

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
project fi is only 2g in my area but i'm on wifi most of the time and if that gets me off att&t then that's still fantastic

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Keg posted:

The new google phone doesn't have enough speakers on the front.

If you ever play music from your phone using the built in speakers please kill yourself tia.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
turns out people have built up reasons to dislike the iphone and are willing to keep shelling out money for subpar andriod crap just so they can stick to their convictions

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Lol I still got a NOKIA! Lol isn't that funny, because they're indestructible lol 😝 Nokias are cheap and somewhat sturdy that's the joke
It's a joke, somehow
Reddit loves that poo poo it kills over there

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Case in point

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

They're not making their own phone, they are still contracting out the design and manufacture. They're just not making an affordable phone

new nexus, same as the old nexus

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

med school head posted:

new nexus, same as the old iPhone

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
are the snapdragon socs still inherently flawed? i know they and the exynos that samsung uses are still considerably far behind the A10 (have they even caught up to the A7 in the iphone 5s yet?)

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
THE GOOGLE PHONE DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH SPEAKERS IN THE FRONT AND HAS THE WRONG KIND OF CPU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Why the hell would they get rid of the dual speakers? Like, what's the rationale behind that? Does it make the phone bad in some way?

• Locked thread