Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I tried to watch the walking dead but then I poo poo my pants and everyone at the viewing party made me leave :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

thathonkey posted:

somebody screen cap glenns popped out eyes.

the show pussed out not making rick actually cut curl's arm. weak poo poo imo they should have at least taken rick's hand. i blame it purely on sfx budget not going to making up an armless main character every ep

Kirkman has said many times that he regrets having Rick's hand cut off because it's difficult to write around.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
why do these shows/comics/whatever never call them zombies
its always walkers or zeds or whatever
just call them loving zombies stop trying to be trendy

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I Said No posted:

why do these shows/comics/whatever never call them zombies
its always walkers or zeds or whatever
just call them loving zombies stop trying to be trendy

I don't remember if this is the case in the comics since I only read up to the point where Carl blasts Shane and that's like the first volume, but it's like some kind of weird idiot cultural law that characters involved in a horror setting like zombies have never ever seen or heard of any other similar horror media.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The Talking dead would be a much better if zombies broke into the studio and ate everyone who "works" on that show.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

a bone to pick posted:

The Talking dead would be a much better if zombies broke into the studio and ate everyone who "works" on that show.

i watched the "talking dead" to figure out all of the exciting plot twists and subtle foreshadowing after i watched some guys heads get turned into a purple stain on the road

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

food court bailiff posted:

I don't remember if this is the case in the comics since I only read up to the point where Carl blasts Shane and that's like the first volume, but it's like some kind of weird idiot cultural law that characters involved in a horror setting like zombies have never ever seen or heard of any other similar horror media.

I bet you guys are also surprised when characters in a demonic possession movie don't know what's going on and treat the Catholic priest like a witch doctor until they find out he was right and has the only cure.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope everyone dies

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ive seen the first couple episodes of this show like 3-4 times because i keep trying to watch it and i keep reaching the conclusion that the characters are all stupid idiots and i can't handle it

ima try again today maybe i like beating my face against walls

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

i like rubbing my face against balls

lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
only if they are shaved tho

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Chinatown posted:

i hope everyone dies

Well I've got some good news for you

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

a bone to pick posted:

Off topic, but I saw Chris Hardwick playing Dungeons and Dragons on some webseries, and he is pretty loving insufferable. He's that guy, actively loving up.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

They say zombie all the time in the comic actually

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
do you think zombies ever poo poo their pants?

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Nooner posted:

This is a very good question, it also begs to ask why we don't see naked zombies. I don't imagine clothing lasting very long "in the wild" without proper care and it would make for some seriously zany story lines.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The dawn of the dead remake had a naked zombie lady just walking down the street and was superior to the Walking Dead in every other way as well, despite being directed by Zack Snyder.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i did see an episode or two from the later seasons cuz my friend was super into it and they were just like running around braining zombies with buck knives one right after the other like just 20 in a row while jogging not even slowing down and casually talking about some plot thing

then like 10 minutes later someone dies because 2 zombies ambushed them slowly walked towards them from the front? like what did you roll a 1 and critical fail or something?????

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
like what if te zombies were naked and just had their big ole zombie weeners just flopping all around when the chased people

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Moridin920 posted:

ive seen the first couple episodes of this show like 3-4 times because i keep trying to watch it and i keep reaching the conclusion that the characters are all stupid idiots and i can't handle it

ima try again today maybe i like beating my face against walls
Bad news. The nonsense continues for 2 full seasons, and presumably beyond, because that's where I stopped. Somehow only like, 2 characters are likable or good.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Chill la Chill posted:

I bet you guys are also surprised when characters in a demonic possession movie don't know what's going on and treat the Catholic priest like a witch doctor until they find out he was right and has the only cure.

Suppose there's some real world paranormal poo poo that's never been depicted in media and when it happens to people they're like "what is happening"

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Chill la Chill posted:

if someone's going absolutely gently caress-o-nuts you could chalk it up to drugs or mental illness just as easy as demons
if someone is walking around half rotten, groaning and eating people its pretty loving obvious they're a zombie

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hey there's like poo poo tons of psychotic rabid humans out there eating people alive and infecting them with a mystery disease and civilization has collapsed. we've managed to get a ragtag group of survivors together and we're making camp for the night near some woods in the outskirts of town

should we maybe bunch our tents together and post a few people on watch? or... just gently caress it yeah i mean whatever right just post up where ever looks cool lol. i'm a police officer.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
woaah these dudes realized that they're still generally limited by the human jaw and can't bite through say chainmail or composite plastics so they just put a bunch of riot gear on and are 99% safe from bites

*characters continue wearing tshirts for the entire show*

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Asian guy impregnates a white girl and they kill him for it. Figures.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
i like that the very first weapon most humans figured out is somehow a mystery to these idiots. you have a limited supply of ammo that you need to conserve for really dire situations so of course you will have to engage these things physically fairly often. they are slow and their only attacks are grappling and biting. you only need to apparently pop their brain like a water balloon to win and their skulls are somehow about as strong as a soft gourd. so really just need a little range to not get grappled and bit and something pointy to pop that melon. these dipshits literally take stupid poo poo like hammers and small knives and get right in the face of these things that can only grapple and bite. completely ignoring the 20000 year old innovation in hunting/warfare known as the long pointy stick. lashing a knife to a stick or just using the knife to sharpen the stick for a spear is like survival 101 but no lets just actually grapple with undead monsters because lol why not

that's like the least of the problems with this idiotic show though

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
i'm mad about spears

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Nooner posted:

like what if te zombies were naked and just had their big ole zombie weeners just flopping all around when the chased people

28 days later has a scene where you see naked not zombies chasing the main character in the woods, dongs flapping wildly.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

rezatahs posted:

i like that the very first weapon most humans figured out is somehow a mystery to these idiots. you have a limited supply of ammo that you need to conserve for really dire situations so of course you will have to engage these things physically fairly often. they are slow and their only attacks are grappling and biting. you only need to apparently pop their brain like a water balloon to win and their skulls are somehow about as strong as a soft gourd. so really just need a little range to not get grappled and bit and something pointy to pop that melon. these dipshits literally take stupid poo poo like hammers and small knives and get right in the face of these things that can only grapple and bite. completely ignoring the 20000 year old innovation in hunting/warfare known as the long pointy stick. lashing a knife to a stick or just using the knife to sharpen the stick for a spear is like survival 101 but no lets just actually grapple with undead monsters because lol why not

that's like the least of the problems with this idiotic show though

i had a big long effort post about why poo poo like this happens and how it's because idiot nerds don't understand why early romero films worked well but then i read it and was like "wait then I'd be that guy who posts about dumb zombie movie poo poo".

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

i had a big long effort post about why poo poo like this happens and how it's because idiot nerds don't understand why early romero films worked well but then i read it and was like "wait then I'd be that guy who posts about dumb zombie movie poo poo".

Well I got bad news buddy boy, you are a guy who posts dumb zombie movie poo poo despite the effort to avoid it.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

A spear and shield will keep you alive better than anything else, thats why there were no zombies in sparta

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

So to summarize this show:
"Hey guys, the world has basically ended! There's groups of people still scattered around, trying to survive the near impossible odds facing them. We could try and unite the remnants of humanity and pool our resources to rebuild this gay earth, but eh..... lets just be total cunts to everyone at every opportunity. Also: this greasy hick with a child's crossbow and a taste for squirrel is the smartest one among us, and gas is now an even more finite resource so lets funnel what we can find into big rear end trucks that get terrible mileage."

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Pussy Quipped posted:

A spear and shield will keep you alive better than anything else, thats why there were no zombies in sparta

this guy knows whats up

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

So to summarize this show:
"Hey guys, the world has basically ended! There's groups of people still scattered around, trying to survive the near impossible odds facing them. We could try and unite the remnants of humanity and pool our resources to rebuild this gay earth, but eh..... lets just be total cunts to everyone at every opportunity. Also: this greasy hick with a child's crossbow and a taste for squirrel is the smartest one among us, and gas is now an even more finite resource so lets funnel what we can find into big rear end trucks that get terrible mileage."

This is basically the real world at the moment soooo....?

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Nooner posted:

Instead of poo poo for brains, they got brains for poo poo! :haw:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
In Z Nation all the character know right away that zombies are zombies. The show also doesn't take itself seriously and has a great "B-movie" feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlmFK69qcEs

Plus they don't limit being zombies to just humans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTcH2GdF6bg

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Pussy Quipped posted:

This is basically the real world at the moment soooo....?

So i dont want to watch a documentary dressed up as a horror show.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
I need my TV show about dead people who come back to life to be realistic, drat it.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
28 days later was so good. So were a few bits of world war z. I liked when love and harmony destroyed Israel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
neegan is so fukin cool

• Locked thread