Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

I really was a prodigy artist but instead I found I can work less and make way more in sales because I smile and have boobs lol. Oh and in between there was being an exceptional biologist, but who cares? You cap at like $40K if you even find a job.

Sales is baller

in high school I knew this really mindblowingly talented girl whose entire post-graduation life plan was 'marry rich'

I was appalled at the time but she really was just that much smarter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
pick and spaceclown are what we get for banning dgsw. we deserve this. the bad guys won.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

fbsw posted:

pick and spaceclown are what we get for banning dgsw. we deserve this. the bad guys won.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

in high school I knew this really mindblowingly talented girl whose entire post-graduation life plan was 'marry rich'

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

exactly. social intelligence isnt just being likable and pleasant. its reading the social hierarchy and knowing who to please

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

I really was a prodigy artist but instead I found I can work less and make way more in sales because I smile and have boobs lol. Oh and in between there was being an exceptional biologist, but who cares? You cap at like $40K if you even find a job.

Sales is baller

Be a stripper. Its like sales mixed with cardio.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Who What Now posted:

Plus, it's a more respectable profession.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

a good salesman becomes the madam

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
this thread went from 5 to 1 real fkin quick. goldmine this poo poo already

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

a good ugly salesman becomes the pimp

Fixed

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

I also hate the gently caress out of these characters and they've made a ton of people loving insufferable.

Call me when you behave like Captain America.

Cause an international incident because people are upset with your BFF for being a legendary KGB assassin?

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
dunk a dill pickle, realdo

*waits*

mommy? why isn't he coming? where is he?

:(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

It doesn't pay that well. Sell commercial insurance and you get one o them fancy houses.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Don't you work in hospice or something

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

stripping is to pay for college, get that degree if you want a fancy house

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SpaceClown posted:

Yeah, without a doubt! I'm really good at hiding the fact that I'm a suicidally depressed, extremely unstable, ex-druggie fuckup. I think it helps that I think I'm on the psychopathy scale and have a knack for manipulating people, and can also completely detach myself from myself and play a character.

On the downside, I deeply resent every single person around me and I want them all to die horrible deaths and also it's probably not doing me good to constantly repress urges to kill myself but whatever. I have a roof over my head and food in my stomach and I'm right back at the lower-upper echelons of society. And that's just been my entire life, so I really doubt I'm at risk of actually committing suicide or murdering someone, so I can just kinda put it in sixth gear and cruise the ocean highway of life until I die because I dunno, until I unfuck my prospects I think this is as good as life is going to get.

inb4 get therapy

That does not sound happy or successful

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

fbsw posted:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I may be a big ol dumbo with social deficits, but hey, at least I'm not Dunning-Kruger-ing.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pick posted:

Sales is baller

"Prodigy"
"exceptional"
"Dunning-Kruger"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

subhuman filth posted:

Don't you work in hospice or something

That's a commercial product.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

"Prodigy"
"exceptional"
"Dunning-Kruger"

That stuff is what awards are for, to put it in an objective ranking.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

lmao, you think participation awards mean anything.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mean ironically, a lot of people have used D-K to justify that if they think they suck, actually they're great.

By the way, if you've read the actual study, the people at the bottom don't think they're great, they think they're slightly above average.

The people at the top don't think they're the worst, they think they're somewhat above average.

They act like it's a big finding when people who did studies on attractiveness found the same thing. People tend to think they're from "slightly above average" to "somewhat above average". Wow, shocker. All that says is that people do tend to rank themselves correctly, just in a limited scope of potential performance. That is, people rank themselves correctly on a scale of 1-10, if you compress that to the numbers between 6 and 8.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
spaceclown is a serial killer and pick is schizophrenic.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
No poo poo.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Pick posted:

For a long time I always thought I could have been a high level competitive swimmer, cause when I was a kid I had stacks and stacks of 1st place ribbons. But my family moved from texas to new york when I was 13 and there wasn't a swim team in the new town.

More recently I've considered the idea that maybe the really good kids weren't in the neighborhood community teams that I was in. Maybe they were in a whole different league and I was just the best of the average.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

spaceclown irl:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

fbsw posted:

spaceclown is a serial killer and pick is schizophrenic.

yeah i mean whoa a quietly misanthropic IT guy afraid of letting out THE BEAST why I never

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

fbsw posted:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Pick and Spaceclown are good.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Who What Now posted:

Pick and Spaceclown are good.

The most mentally ill post ITT if true

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Has anyone pointed out that the characters the OP mentioned are bog-standard "antiheros" and have exactly loving dick to do with the Dunning-Kruger effect?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Has anyone pointed out that the characters the OP mentioned are bog-standard "antiheros" and have exactly loving dick to do with the Dunning-Kruger effect?

I guess the OP is not as smart as they think they are!

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

That does not sound happy or successful

Happy as Ill ever be without being the man that starts the nuclear holocaust.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SpaceClown posted:

Happy as Ill ever be without being the man that starts the nuclear holocaust.

Maybe you should just have answered "no"

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Trabandiumium posted:

spaceclown irl:

Dont dox me!!!!!

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Maybe you should just have answered "no"

My version of happy is different from yours.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SpaceClown posted:

My version of happy is different from yours.

No kidding

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The most mentally ill post ITT if true

I'm sorry your lovely FYAD-reject friends got probed but you don't need to take it out on good posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Klyith posted:

For a long time I always thought I could have been a high level competitive swimmer, cause when I was a kid I had stacks and stacks of 1st place ribbons. But my family moved from texas to new york when I was 13 and there wasn't a swim team in the new town.

More recently I've considered the idea that maybe the really good kids weren't in the neighborhood community teams that I was in. Maybe they were in a whole different league and I was just the best of the average.

That's actually accurate. Being good at your school or on a summer rec team is nothing. Being good on a competitive team year round makes you good but nobody cares about just good. The best swimmer kids were in private programs taught by ex-Olympic coaches and those groups didn't function as conventional teams.

• Locked thread